Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private First Council (Kraken Coalition)

Kara Moonlighter

K
piratebanner.jpg

Piracy. It was an old trade but a worthy one if you had the guts. With the galaxy growing smaller they were being squeezed out of their last refuges. Alas during a times of turmoil as in times past the pirate gangs and crews have banded together to face down the civilized world and repel them. This is one such tale. For a few evenings ago on Tortuga station a group of Captains had had a run in and a few too many drinks. In their drunken stupor they concocted a new pirate's code and agreed to form a loose coalition. One built on honor, money and hunting fat prey.

Our tale begins in the meetinghouse aboard Tortuga. It is a small dusty bar with circular oak table. The table is large, and ornate, covered in drapes of cloth and littered with drinks. Each Captain who pledged their name and crew has arrived and they now await to begin the proceedings.

The first issue they needed to discuss and vote on would be their very first course of action and who would run what roles in their fledgling armada.....

Dolor had arrived at Tortuga Station full of rage. A person who she made a deal with failed to deliver on his part. But finding the scum was no problem. The mark she had left of him, that of a horned skull wreathed in chains, full of magick energy was like a beacon to her. The fact that he was in a populated place held no qualms for her. Her large frigate arrived with a thunderous boom. The charred metal, the skull emblem over its once proud Confederacy marking and the hundreds of yells for blood from inside rose up.

The large ship, known by many who ventured over Dathomir's way, as the Bound Reaper, docked on the large station. Deciding to take the deal breaker herself, Dolor, the Devil Queen ordered that only her First Mate shall go with her. The remaining crew of 200 with excess muttered in frustration of not being able to slaughter and destroy. But, they knew better than to challenge her. It wasn't hard to find the lump of Bantha Fodder, he had taken to drinking when she walked into the Dark Star Cantina. Some moved out of the way for the heavy armored adorned woman as she reached her target. A quick yet, quiet instilling of fear into the man was enough for him to instantly surrender. Carne, the Zabrak First Mate of the Bound Reaper took the fool to the ship for his end of the deal to be conducted. Dolor, seeing this place for the first time up close, decided to spend some time there. She may be ruthless and a slaughter of many, but she need a good brew after multiple days in hyperspace to reach her target.

A few hours later, Dolor had taken her seat along with a group of other Pirate like Captains, her black armor with its red glowing vents and horned skull like helm just sat there. This seemed worthy of her time. And given what the man owned them, she could take all the time in the world and it wouldn't even had been repaid 1% back.

Acacius Vex

A
"Well...they're all drunk now. Don't know what I expected here..."

They say you are supposed to expect nothing so you are ready for everything but for one with expectations so high, that isn't really an option. When he arrived at the Tortuga hoping to lose himself and his crew in the blend of scum and villainy Acacius wasn't expecting to find such a merry group of captains flushed with red debating the correct way to spell 'honor.' Apparently they had developed some sort of code. A way of living that lets them make a profit without stabbing one another in the back. Backstabbers...huh. Been too long since he's heard someone show their disdain for traitors.

If nothing else he can respect a contempt for turncoats and so he stayed refusing any drinks offered to him along the way. Still wondering where the oak table came from, Acacius took his seat amongst the others his loyal crew still on standby and the recently dubbed: Judas Bane. If you couldn't tell by now Acacius really despises traitors no matter what form they take. All this talk about Brethren and honor is something he can get behind even if it's all said in drunken slurs.

header1.png

Isidor had breezed into Tortuga with his head held high, of course, you had to in this profession, weakness is a hindrance. He too picked his first mate to bring with him to the meeting, he could have brought everyone but that may end with a drunken ding dong over who's drink is who's would occur. His first mate is very much Isidor's most trusted, well, he wouldn't have been chosen otherwise.

This is something that was desperately needed, a cohesion of Pirates because all the schisms that keep breaking out will keep them divided when they need to stand together. The Pirates before him are doing just that closing them one by one. Isidor noted with satisfaction that traitors are very much unwelcome. Even he had to deal with turncoats in his time, but the results are still the same, heads literally rolled.

He took the next empty seat at the table and listened to the debate on spelling. It was all pedantic really, but the Ubese certainly didn't mind how someone spelt something as long as it made sense and it doesn't have any loopholes that could be used. He knocked back some rum in the meantime, it was good to drink again.

header2_by_zigor_adebisi_deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:
Cass bounded down the corridor with a spring in her step, the ship was running well, she had just been asked for drinks by a handsome young sailor and now other pirates are now banding together to stand up for themselves in this galaxy. Being truthful, she wasn't going to let herself be 'dated' by some sailor, stuff messing around, she would take him straight to the cabin and when she was bored he would get the door if he was good and the airlock if he wasn't.

"Come on now Cass, focus" she laughed. The reason she was here was this council, the Kraken Coalition, it was sorely needed. Pirates were famously self sufficient, but the galaxy was becoming tougher and tougher and they needed to accept help from each other if they wanted to thrive.

She looked out the external window into space as she moved down the corridor, what a variety of ships, different sizes and certainly different states of repair, she looked at one freighter that she felt would probably break apart if it tried to enter hyperspace. By comparison the Midnight Kyber gleamed beautifully against the stars. And it should, Ashla knows how many credits Cass had poured into her since she bought three years ago, but worth every last one.

As she approached the alloted location she thumbed her invitation, she also felt herself touch the lightsaber hilt at her waist, there was tension in the air. This was an important and high stakes occasion, and when every pirate voted themselves as leader, as was tradition, there would likely be the odd fight. Cass looked forward to it.

Kara Moonlighter

K
The Meetinghouse

Times were certainly changing. Only a few months ago most of these Captains had been at each others throats, destined for the endless struggle over crew rights and loot. With the Pirate Code they'd managed to codify a loose democracy and now it was time to put that democratic power to action.

"Welcome Captains and crews. I'm Kara Moonlighter for those that haven't had the pleasure to make an introduction. I'll bringing the S.S. Redstar to the fleet. Its a carrier disguised as a cargo vessel. "

She paused and took a sip of her drink and then leaned into the table, locking eyes with each Captain and crew present.

"We have Tortuga as our base. We can refit, repair, hire crew and fence goods. What we really need now is to decide shares of plunder per raid, and designate a target area. We have the infrastructure to get rich, now we just need to get to the hunting. Any proposition's on said items?"

Kara Moonlighter
Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene
Acacius Vex
A ARS VAMI
Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis

Cass smiled, she knew what Kara Moonlighter was asking.

"Shares of plunder you say? What you want to say is a membership fee, or tax? Most of us have spent years avoiding things like taxes so we can see it for what it is" she laughed, realising she hadn't introduced herself.

"My apologies, I am Cass Gemini of the Midnight Kyber, she is a powerful, she has a good crew and a great captain." She took a sip on her own drink, it was warm here, she liked to keep her ship cool "Now, don't get me wrong, I am not against contributing to our collective success, but if my and my crew's share of the plunder is going to be less than 100%, I need to know i am not just filling the coffers of another politician or crime boss." is there a difference? She supposed to herself. She took her seat, discussions of hunting grounds seemed premature right now, that was something that would always be fluid, but to discuss sharing plunder off of a room full of pirates was an interesting gambit.

She was in a lucky position herself, she had come into this game already wealthy "how many of you are barely keeping your ships together with each passing raid? I don't try to belittle your ships, keeping some of those things flying years after their best is an impressive skill I wish I could have, I just wonder, can everyone afford the reduction in spoils?"

Last edited:

Messorem

Go then, there are other worlds than these.
A Coalition, such a lofty idea, but so very needed. While they had all been working just fine alone, the galaxy was ripe for plunder now, especially with all the focus on bigger enemies. Now was the perfect time to raid and plunder to ones hearts content, but one had to be careful about it, otherwise you'd go under with everything else. Or you'd end up fighting potential allies, and that meant the big groups won, something Messorem didn't want to see happen.

Seated at a corner of the table, Messorem had watched as more people had filed in, more pirate captains, more help. He'd been there when the drunken discussion had occurred, overheard it himself. Now he was here to properly join, perhaps even grow his own force alongside this coalition. If they had been effective apart, how much better would they be working together? More ships, more pirates, more loot for all. And all it meant was following a certain code that was reasonable and sharing some plunder.

Leaning forward as others spoke, Messorem chuckled, eyes focusing on Cass.
"I am Messorem and I speak for my crews. And we say you're thinking too narrowly, Ms. Gemini. What Ms. Moonlighter has said fixes every problem you've mentioned." Rising to his feet, he smirks beneath his mask before motioning forward. "Any so called taxes go directly to helping us, rather than some frakked government that cares only for the rich. It goes to helping us, both with upkeep of the stations, and ensuring a safe haven from any such governments. I say eighty to ninety percent of the spoils go to those who did the raid. Whoever does more in the raid gets the most. The other ten or twenty percent, or however much it is, goes to the collective of the nearest main station, or Tortuga if that's the only one. Those spoils go to helping anyone who needs it, keeping the stations afloat and our crews as well. Win-win for everyone." He paused for a moment, then motions to the wider galaxy. "Many have been barely afloat over the years, Ms. Cass, however that's also because many have been working alone. Imagine it now, the pirates of the galaxy working together. What all could we raid and plunder, what targets could we hit that were out of reach before. I can think of some treasuries that certainly look appealing right about now."

Messorem is smirking beneath his mask, it's clear from his tone and the confidence in how he stands. Still, with his part said, he tips his hat and returns to his seat.

Kara Moonlighter | Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene | Acacius Vex | A ARS VAMI | Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis | Cass Gemini Cass Gemini

Last edited:

Acacius Vex

A
In all honesty, Acacius wasn't expecting a group of drunken pirates to act so civilly but then again his life has been anything but mundane lately. The talk of shares and treasure was bound to come up eventually and it pleased him that no one yet seemed greedy enough to look at only one corner of the larger picture. This Messorem seemed to get it at least. Having said that Acacius had doubts that the galaxy would just sit idly by whilst the underworld started leaking into the overworld like a plague of locusts eating away crops. They were bound to be assaulted eventually.

Rising from his seat, Acacius broke his silence finally ready to speak. "And just what do you plan to do when the galaxy's governments rally against us eh? If we can unite under our shared greed then the authorities can surely unite under shared bankruptcy. With all this talk of money and plunder comes notoriety and with it, trouble. Let us say you had all your enemies in one place under one banner what would you do? I'm willing to bet you'd rally your forces and crush that enemy and then what happens? We're all living on the edge of the law as it is and I'm sure it's difficult enough to evade the law on our own let alone with a group as large as this one."

Acacius turned his gaze to the rest of the group making it clear he was addressing all of them and not just Moonlighter. "If we are assailed and found lacking not only will we be crushed but the pirate community will be in an even worse state than it is now. Think about it for a second. With such a large assortment of people, a petty thief is bound to get the reputation as a criminal harder than bedrock by pure association. If this Coalition isn't strong enough then not only will we have to deal with outside trouble but our own ranks will be in distress as well. And besides..." Acacius eyed over the rest of the pirates his skepticism visible.

"I'm not so convinced we're all on the same page, to begin with."

Kara Moonlighter | Messorem Messorem | Cass Gemini Cass Gemini | A ARS VAMI | Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene | Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis

Bastian Roger

B
Kara Moonlighter Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene Acacius Vex A ARS VAMI Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis Cass Gemini Cass Gemini Messorem Messorem

Bastian had been sitting there quietly he was the first to arrive wearing older clothing and an old black makeshift coat from a pirate flag that had the skull and crossbones on his back. He had sat in a few rooms this this where pirates sat and talked about joining forces but it all came down to loot and money. Pirates where selfish he knew that he had seen it a hundred or more times he stopped keeping count after a while.

Although his appearance had suggested he wasn't well off he just found them comfortable and wasn't worried about getting holes blasted into them or blood on them if it came to it he listened to them all speak. He continued sitting and thinking for a second listening to them all he agreed with the last speaker. "I agree while having a common goal of survival is gonna help all of us having a central point of government will only paint a target on all of us we should be less worried about loot and taxes and more worried about survival you can't get rich and spend it if we are all dead" he said looking at all of them.

"Having this coalition is more harmful then helpful we all know what the others look like now and know what ships some of us captain what's stopping a turncoat from selling us out or like he said the Factions of the galaxy from making a temporary cease fire and coming after us" he said. Sitting there if the other captains or this so called Moonlighter didn't have a good answer he was leaving.

Kara Moonlighter

K
The Meetinghouse

Kara held up her hand and took another sip of whiskey.

"Gents, Ladies and all else. I'm not intending to pay taxes to a government. I am of the opinion that this coalition working together can take down bigger prey than alone. For each Crew that participates in the raid they'll receive an equal share of the loot which is theirs to keep or squander. As long as ships are kept fighting shape, and crews full we can get rich."

She waved at the room.

"Look around, we have many many Captains. We can field a 10 or more vessel armada and claim some big prizes. Tortuga runs itself like it always has. We'll just be here utilizing her services and making her strong and rich by spending our plunder."

"What do you say?"

header1.png

Isidor listened to them all and had kept his silence. Except for a few shakes and nods of his head. Then there were Bastian's words, which made a bit more sense when he mulled them over. Yet the fractures between Pirates needed to be closed before the other Factions caught wind of it and what they are trying to accomplish. The outcome may be bad for everyone involved. They could drive them further apart.

Isn't this why they are here to ratify some unity? Isidor did not pay his taxes, why would he? He isn't a settled person nor is he going to be any time soon. He left all that behind when he was 17.

<"A Coalition can't be bad, I mean, some unity is needed because the other Factions are used to seeing us in a disorganised mess."> Isodor spoke up, voice surprisingly clear after two bottles. He paused, choosing what to say next carefully. The tensions were palatable now.

<"Without a Coalition would make us worst off than if we did. Non-Pirates could pick us off one by one while we are so divided."> He added after a pause. <"Turncoats don't get far, they are dealt with harshly.">

A healthy crew is a fed crew after all.

Last edited:

Kara Moonlighter
Acacius Vex
A ARS VAMI
Messorem Messorem
Bastian Roger

Cass made a small clap as Messorum finished speaking, she mimicked his doffed cap expression to show that his point was well understood. She listened to the others speak, she was actually surprised that discovery and being tracked down here was the biggest fear in the room, did they think this risk new just because they were having this chat?

She waited again for her time to speak.

"You make a good point of funding each others repairs, I would like to ensure there was sufficient oversight to prevent it being abused or funds being manipulated, its not that I don't trust you all... oh right, its exactly that" she laughed and smiled.

"Regards the governments uniting against us, they haven't before and they just won't. They need people like us, a senator wants a Twi'lek girl, he comes to us, and Ashlan cardinal wants do secret reading material its us, Jedi want to sneak in and stage an off the books coup de tat? us again." She looked around, trying to gauge a response. With all the wars going on, Black markets and privateers were almost as valued as legitimate traders. And why waste resources on a minor threat that would scatter to the four corners rather than face open battle.

"The turncoat issue sounds scary, what if someone rats us out, well every single time we dock, we have to deal with this, and unless you have been raiding rowing boats in the back of nowhere, someone will have scanned and documented every detail of your ship that they could, so it wouldn't take some turncoat to tell them which ships are ours." She could think of at least 3 worlds that would execute her on site and she was willing to bet that the local governments already knew where this hidden station was.

header2.png

To have such a gathering of pirate captains was largely unheard of, unless one was looking to see a fight. Yet here they were, gathering on Tortuga Station. And what gathering would be complete without the great Mondo Ohnaka? Surely a pirate of his caliber, fortitude, and unending charisma would be invited to such an occasion. Of course he was invited! Sure, he never got an invitation to the meeting, but that must have been due to a simple mix-up. Not that it mattered; it only required him to relieve another captain of their own invitation. A simple solution to a simple problem. Mondo had sauntered up to the table with all of the bravado of his ancestor, sitting at the table and kicking his feet up. He took a moment to listen to the others as he sipped on a mug of some sort of inebriating drink. What kind it was, he could not tell you, but a pirate has no need for liquor labels. So long as it filled his belly and kept his wits mostly intact, it was good enough for him.

The group gathered here was quite the cornucopia of scum and villainy, and it seemed like organization was on the agenda. As Mondo took in the words of each of the others, he wondered just how long such an alliance could last. Pirates weren't exactly known for greater coordination after all. Whichever way it would end, Mondo wouldn't miss a potential opportunity to make some credits.

The Weequay offered a laugh at the worry of the law, sloshing his mug around as he began to speak.

"Why would the authorities care? They are too busy with their wars, or the aftermath of wars, or preparing for wars... you get my point! All wars! War war war. They are too distracted with each other to be worrying about us!"

Mondo took another entirely too long drink from his mug, holding a finger out to signal that he wasn't done.

"I say that this is the best time for such a merry little union. After all, we all like money, yes? I know I do! And it's much easier to make money if you don't have to worry about the competition. Do you know how much of a pain it is to follow a lead, only to find that someone got there first? Wait... don't answer that. The point is, it is better to hunt together, than alone. Keeps us from stepping on each other's toes."

Another drink from his mug quickly followed.

"Besides, and hear me out... they cannot expect that we are organized, if we are not organized!"

A moment of silence showed that they may have not understood.

"If we coordinate a show feigning a lack of coordination, then those poodoo authorities won't even have the mind to look for us. As for traitors, well... we should expect betrayal, everywhere, always. We're pirates, it's what we do."

Whether his advice would be heeded was yet to be seen, but whatever the outcome of this meeting, Mondo was sure there would be some way to get very, very rich.

header2.png

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Bastian Roger
Acacius Vex
Messorem Messorem

Listening to the many words and comments on the dangers, concerns of equal loot sharing and other points of note, Dolor picked up on what Cass and Kara said. Kara had a point that if each of them alone could do well in battle, imagine what 10 or more could do. "Miss Moonlighter is right," Dolor said, her voice mechanical as it passed through blazing vents in her mask, "With the amount of captains here, including any others that join this Coalition, we will be able to make a stand. With or without the other major power's attention." Dolor, upon finishing speaking, raised her hands to her helmet, and with a soft release of air from its locks to aid in zero oxygen areas, the red headed Sarkhia set it down in front of her.

"As for what Miss Gemini said, I think that regardless of what standing we take, there will always be those who will seek us out for more undesirable passions," Dolor always spoke with a tone of unnatural calm. Like someone that had lived for a long time and witnessed just about everything there is to see. "I have taken down many Galactic Alliance ships," Dolor eyes flashed with rage for a moment at one of the largest forces was named, "and if I can do that alone, then imagine what we all will be able to do under one banner. None will be able to get close to us." Dolor looked around the table, her one good eye of abyssal blue gazing at each of the Captains around her. Regardless of whether they all got on or not, the were powerful and indeed a threat that couldn't be stopped. "I think, with a careful eye on each other, and our enemies will be a good start to this Coalition's beginnings. Besides, we need some sort of power at the head of it all. Something to govern this rising strength of Pirates, Bounty Hunters and all manner of beings that dare not fit in with the current power's views. Her hand rested on the large tankard in front of her, housing her chosen brew. Taking quick and steady gulp, she spoke again. "We will need more than leaders though. We will need a standing to have for all Pirates in our organization. a sort of Code if you will. Like the honorable Pirates of the ancient times." Dolor remembered the documents of historical records about Pirates, travelers all sharing a Code of how to act. Since the Pirates of this age hardly had that, she believed it was time to set that tradition back into action.

Acacius Vex

A
header1.png

Every moment the debate went on, Acacius felt his worry grow and his patience thin. Arrogance. Short-sighted and arrogant all of them! The way they were talking it felt as though they simply believed the law would leave them be. Bah! If they truly think that they are so valuable and necessary that no one would dare challenge them then they are dead wrong. Acacius was quickly painting himself as a pessimist but that didn't mean much to him so long as his point was gotten across.

"One banner? Numbers!? Open your eyes! Organizations like the Galactic alliance are called major factions for a reason. You can't honestly think that our combined skill stacks up to theirs. Part of the reason you lot are so confident is precisely because you were alone and one man is harder to find than one hundred! Just to make things worse you all talk as though the law will simply refuse to pursue us at all. Sure I might be wrong and this Coalition could be strong enough to hold its own. But what if it isn't? These are the things we need to consider! So far only one of you has shown even a smidge of concern for our enemies."

Acacius gestured toward Mondo, not a drop left his mug. "And he's drunk so much it's accurate to say he has blood in his alcohol system." Acacius slumped back down into his seat and for the first time touched his mug. "A code is worthless if there's no one left to follow it. Numbers and unification are good but we can't just sit here and ignore all the problems that come with it."

header1.png

Isidor looked up sharply at this, his demeanour calm. Another set of good points to consider. Although there seems to be circling going on and it doesn't seem to get to a conclusion as there are logistical pitfalls that keep coming up. He was on his 3rd bottle now and now it's fuzzing his brain a little.

<"Who says we are goin' to ignore all the holes that unification is going to bring?"> He asks, Acacius Vex, his tone sharp. Isidor puts his rum bottle down within reach as he spoke. They do have many enemies, major players in the game of cat and mouse that the Pirates recently found themselves in. Even he had a run in with GA scouts, he got away just barely.

<"Maybe draw up a draft of The Code and then when holes appear we can all pitch in and fill them in. Including on how to deal with the other more Major Factions?"> Isidor suggests as the infighting is precisely why they have gathered here in the first place.

<"I suggest a secret code that when things do go south, we can gather again to counter the threat?"> He added careful not to slur his words or come across as unclear.

Last edited:
Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Bastian Roger
Acacius Vex
Messorem Messorem

With Acaius's rant over and Isidor countering it with his own voice, Dolor sat there, her gaze moving from one another around the table. Acaius had a point. Their foes wouldn't stay away for too long. But they were still so wrapped up in their wars that this Coalition would hardly be noticed until they played a dangerous hand against them. "Acauis has a point. The moment we act on something too big to ignore, then we will be in danger. However, that's what we live for," Dolor sat up straight, her armor building up her height even sat down, "We're Pirates. Not just some small group of rebels on some pitiful planet. We're small now. And our enemies will come one day. But until that day we need to have something to hang onto. Something to start. Because if we don't then we will not be able to defend this place or ourselves."

Dolor's eye patch pinged her as Carne, her First Mate entered having left their 'guest' on board. The Zabrak took her place behind her captain's chair, looking at the somewhat controlled chaos around the wooden table. "And yet, Isidor is very much correct as well. We need a Code to fall back on in case everything goes awry." She lent back in her chair, taking another swig of her tankard before looking around the table. "We need not JUST a Code. But people to enforce it. To wield it," Dolor said, quieter that before but still audible to all. "Any suggestions, Captains?" Dolor spoke the last word, raising her tankard up as she motioned to the others as if waiting them to answer the open question.

header1.png
Messorem Messorem
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Acacius Vex
Bastian Roger

Cass laughed some of her drink up "We are pirates, if we don't want to take risks this is the wrong profession" she thought for a moment while wiping liquid off of her top "I do see your point, having a snakes head to cut off gives the enemy a target, but the rewards could be great enough to take the risk. I still don't think they will bother with us unless we really start overstepping our boundaries with what we target."

She looked around again, the room was getting heated but it was bound to happen. Was Vami really threatening to sell out Dolor? "Vami my friend, I feel like resorting to 'don't argue with me until you see how big my mates are' is only going to end in a mess, so I am going to assume your translator there is playing up"

She smiled a friendly but serious smile at the man, she really hoped this meeting wouldn't end up breaking up, and hoped that the threats were not intended how they sounded.

"A pirate code is an good idea, it works well for the bounty hunters and they take similar risks to us, if we are going to be entering a formal membership arrangement, then it I think it is absolutely essential to make sure not e gets swindled."

This seemed to be getting somewhere, but treading the line between debate and full on fall out was difficult with the types of people in attendance. She thought back to the sailor that she was considering letting entertain her this evening, she would need the relaxation after this died down.

Last edited:

Messorem

Go then, there are other worlds than these.
Leaning back in his seat, Messorem sighed as more people spoke, more disagreed. However, some agreed, and Messorem agreed with what they were saying. Grinning at Ms. Gemini, he nodded to what she said, fully agreeing. He also happened to agree with Mr. Ohnaka, what the authorities didn't know couldn't hurt them. However, the opposition also had some good points, ones he wanted to address. In particular Mr. Vex, who was particularly concerned with the authorities. It honestly made Messorem chuckle a bit, it was something they already had to deal with separated, why not deal with it united.

Rising once more, Messorem shook his head before speaking, his eyes focused on Acacius Vex.
"Ladies and gentlemen, some of you are acting as if this will change everything in the galaxy. While this Coalition would change some things, most things will remain the same until we cause enough of a ruckus. Mr. Vex, you seem particularly concerned with our futures, though what Mr. Ohnaka says addresses those same concerns. This Coalition changes nothing in the grand scheme of things, it simply organizes ourselves to ourselves. The wider galaxy won't know how we've united, nor will we be truly united like those major factions." Smirking beneath his mask, he tilts his head before continuing. "No, I say we continue as we always have, but we simply act together. Rather than sometimes fighting one another, we don't at all, instead we help one another out. We should act as the krakens of old myth, many tendrils all working as one. We work around the galaxy, slowly strangling it of all it's worth."

Pulling out a holo map, Messorem tosses it to the center, where it activates. Thus a map of the galaxy pops up, showing the most recent galactic lines of factions.
"Here we see just where every major player is. We all know our sectors of space well and we're not all from around here. We just keep raiding in our sectors of space, doing the usual. Occasionally we'll raid bigger targets together, nothing too often or to draw the attention of the big fish out there. We grow our strength and our unity and eventually, we'll be too strong to simply be 'dealt' with, we'll have to be bargained with. As Ms. Gemini said, we make it so that others have to come to us for goods. After all, for centuries various groups haven't properly dealt with the various cartels and organizations out there. Why would they unite against us? Especially if we provide them services they sorely want and need."

His gaze sweeps across those gathered, prosthetic eye blazing a deep red as he looked into their souls.
"Every one of us here has been on the bad side of various planets and governments for years. Each of us has at least one bounty, most likely more on our heads. We've seen and done many things, stolen and killed our way to where we are now. Over time we have been betrayed and some have betrayed others, we all have run down those who stood against us, or betrayed us, and been run down by others." Gaze sweeping back, Messorem makes a point of looking each in their eyes as he continues. "Everything said thus far changes none of that, for the wider galaxy that is. It simply means that amongst ourselves, we will not cash in on any bounties, nor will we betray one another. All who agree to this code and join the coalition, we will hold ourselves and others in the coalition accountable to that code we shall make. Those that break with the code would be traitors, and are dealt with as such."

With a nod towards the like-minded individuals present, Messorem takes a step back and sits once more, his part said for now. He fully believes that this coalition could work and supports it whole heartedly. After all, it's no different than any other crime organization, simply more focused on pirates and raids, rather than smugglers and bounty hunters. Perhaps others would realize it, and when they did, they would join the coalition and create something powerful.

Kara Moonlighter | Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene | Acacius Vex | A ARS VAMI | Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis | Cass Gemini Cass Gemini | Bastian Roger | Mondo Ohnaka Mondo Ohnaka

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom