Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private First Council (Kraken Coalition)

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
A ARS VAMI
Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene
Kara Moonlighter
Bastian Roger
Acacius Vex
Messorem Messorem
Mondo Ohnaka Mondo Ohnaka

Listening to Messorem was interesting. He seemed to call forwards kind of authority. That was a wise move, calling forth what needed to be said. They needed to focus on the here and now. When he sat down, Dolor stood up. "I believe that Mr Messorem is right. We need to focus on the here and now. As for us acting in our own sectors, I think we need to solidify our roles here as well as our code," Dolor let her own blue eye gaze at a few around the table before looking at them as a whole. "I elect that with a Code, we must also have those in charge of different sectors to govern them and the Pirates in those areas to halt any acting against what we set today. I propose that we chose who will take to what Hunting Grounds as true Pirate Lords of the Kraken Coalition." Dolor knew she would chose the sectors surrounding Dathomir. After all, she didn't want those retched Night Sisters leaving like she did. It would be too much of a relief for the Wicked Scum. She remained standing for a moment, before slowly sitting back down. The damned pearl inside her armor, against her chest paining her.

Carne adjusted her standing as Dolor spoke. She knew that if she were to attain any more power, she would be a very formidable Pirate for any to face. A slight feeling of worry grew in her gut as she listened to everyone gathered. She'd defend Dolor if needed, but even then, what would she become if Dolor were to become a Pirate Lord. The amount of fear she had already caused some ships to instantly surrender, so how much power and resources would she have at her disposal if she truly became exactly what her calling was. A Devil Queen would be accurate given the situation. But it was her Captain's choice and those around her, not hers.

header1.png

Isidor leans back on his chair, rolling his shoulders free from the tension that has been knotting up in his muscles. Everyone who has spoken up made good points for him to mull over. He needed to think of his own suggestions on how to enforce the new code.

He also looked at the Wookiee in annoyance but didn't show it outwardly. No time to dwell as the Holomap burst into life showing the Galaxy and the territories of each Faction. Each quadrant clearly marked. The Bryn however, could be a difficult obstacle. Anyone who has lived for a while knows how prolific they are.

Messorem is right, they needed to think of the bigger picture, bide their time and unite into a cohesive Coalition under the Majors noses. So far, the whole meeting has been going around in circles. The Holomap gave a far clearer intent one Isidor can get behind.

<"I for one accept The Code and uphold it."> A pause and then, <"How will we write the code? Clearly, we need it in a physical form, which makes it less likely to be used for convenience if it is unwritten.">

header2_by_zigor_adebisi_deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:

Bastian Roger

B
He sat there listening to others talk and preach their thoughts about what was good for the group they all had good thoughts he then stood up all 7 and a half feet of him. " Having rules or codes in place is a very good proposition but we need to have something in place to enforce them that's impartial" he said as he felt pain in his knee. He ignored it for now as he looked into the eyes of the others the ancient pirates eyes looked into theirs.

"Plus we should Have a written copy the kind of master copy for these meetings to reference from so no one can hack Into and change the code as they please and it should be held safe under protection so the same can't be done to it" he said as he stood there. He didn't know of they would go for it but he hoped they would it was a safe bet safer than leaving it on holopads or on the extranet for people to hack Into willy nilly. He Sat down into his chair taking a swig from his large bottle of whiskey he awaited their answer.

header1.png
Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis
Messorem Messorem
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Acacius Vex
Bastian Roger

"Screw it," said Cass casually but loudly, "i'll sign up, it could be fun, we could get rich. The way I see it is the worst that can happen is things fall apart and we scatter to our respective holes around the galaxy" She smiled, she didn't have to outrun the authorities, just these drunks and miscreants and she would be fine, she had hidden before and she would do again.

She looked at the large form of Bastian as he stood. The idea of a hand written copy of the rules that could not be tampered with? hadn't they heard of advanced encryption? she might have to note that, maybe don't ask them to hack into anything important. She barely suppressed a chuckle.

"So, Pirate Lords? sounds interesting, I have never been interested in ruling over people myself, but it could be worth a try"

She looked at the holo of the galaxy, right now they were within Bryn territory, not much pickings around here unless you count destitute refugee convoys. Not far to the galactic east was the Silver Jedi Concord. "So, and she pointed at the map, we are here, this area is useless to us, I'm not wasting my time hunting refugees, they have suffered enough and have nothing anyway. On our other side is the Silver Jedis, we all know what Jedi are like, they hunt people like us, call themselves heroes, but act like assassins. It could be good pickings if we can avoid them, but dangerous, I wouldn't suggest picking hunting grounds near there unless you know what you are doing"

"Does anyone have any suggestions, I have had good luck in the far galactic south, the systems are far apart, but with a fast ship you can get about easily before the authorities are aware....sorry, I am probably getting ahead of myself"

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

Last edited:

Acacius Vex

A
header1.png
Guess it was time to concede. Their points were valid and if they are confident in their ability to win who is he to object? Risk is all this job is, after all, if one is unwilling to take it then they are simply doomed to fail it's as simple as that. Drawing his dagger, Acacius punched a hole in the bottom of his mug allowing the drink inside to flood his mouth and down his throat. Now that there were talks of a code and splitting up territory the tension in the air lessened if only by a little.

"I will follow any code so long as it's just and applies to everyone. No exceptions. I will ruthlessly hunt down any traitors personally if that's what it takes to make sure this code is enforced. But like Isidor and Bastian said we need to make sure there are no slip-ups. That any who would betray us and turncoat was aware of what they were doing beforehand. The only way to be impartial is to be harsh and firm. If one crewmate betrays the organization the CREW betrays the organization. Since we aren't the masters of hell's gates I suppose that death is the only form of punishment we can give to those who would turn traitor."

Acacius pointed at the holo map it's glow reflected in his huge emerald eyes. "We need something invisible. Something that lurks in the night and lashes out at those who would stand against us. Not like bounty hunters who go after targets like a beast hunting its prey. No, what we need is a force of nature. Something that can't be stopped and will track down anything without heed and without hesitation. We're pirates, thieves, and in a lot of cases murderers. If something as absolute as the law can't hold us down then we need something that even people like us fear. Something that even individuals such as ourselves wouldn't dare provoke without insanity on our side."

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Bastian Roger
Acacius Vex
Messorem Messorem

With Cass's voice of reason regarding their placement in this galactic struggle for power among the many, they were in a odd placement. "If we had fast enough ships to accompany some of our larger more formidable ones, we can take a few stragglers in the Silver Jedi region for a bit," Dolor said, looking at the area around where Cass had pointed. It wasn't a lot to work with, but it was something. She glanced back at her First Mate and with a small nod, Carne walked off in the direction of the bar. Carne knew she could only really relax like most there when Dolor was confident trouble wasn't present. The Zabrak walked off, mumbling to herself.

When Acacius mentioned that they'd need a 'Force of Nature' to make their attacks more fear provoking, Dolor gave a grim smile. "Well, if its a Force of Nature you want Acacius, then I can provide," Dolor said, leaning forwards in her chair. The look in her eye and how she grinned looked like someone had a trump card in a game of Sabacc, "If what you need is something to give everything in the galaxy the shake down through fear, then I have what you lot need." Dolor moved her chest-plating around on her heavy armor a bit before pulling out a green pearl wrapped in metal and tied with a strong thin chain. "What if I told you all, that I can summon and Control a Force of Nature so powerful, it rightly fits our name?" The green pearl gave off a strong presence of Magick, but not enough to do what she said. It was like it was an example that alluded to more. It was an enticing proposition, and she knew it was what they needed.

header2.png

There was disagreement when getting down to the nuts and bolts, but overall it seemed that the other captains were slowly reaching a mutual understanding. Well, as much as a group of pirates could. At any rate, for now it seemed that the coalition would come together, which meant opportunity. In order to secure said opportunity, however, security would have to be made a priority.

"I agree that a master copy of the code should be kept under lock and key. Guards as well. I would happily offer my men for such a task, as I'm sure any of us would. But of course, I doubt we would trust such an item in the hands of a single crew. So I propose that each crew contributes to the guarding of the code. This will limit opportunity for treachery, and ensure that we all have equal stake in its protection."

Mondo lifted his mug to take another drink, only to find it empty. After muttering several choice words under his breath, the Weequay simply tossed the mug aside.

"As far as hunting goes, I have been having quite a bit of luck in Sith Space. Well, what used to be Sith Space. If you don't mind a tussle or two with some Sith remnants, then there is plenty of coin to be made. Lots of territory ripe for pillaging. There's also always the Outer Rim. I never had trouble finding something of value in that part of the galaxy."

He shot a look over to Dolor as she spoke of unleashing terrible power. He did not know the ways of such magic, but he knew not to trust it. Nevertheless, someone else seeing to the enforcement of the code meant less work for him. And as his great great great great great great great grandfather Hondo always said... work smarter, not harder.

"I would say that such a power may be questionable, in the hands of only one. This being said, if one is not a traitor, then one would have no cause to worry. What is this power you speak of?"

header2.png

Acacius Vex

A
header1.png
"If you were to tell me that I'd say you were full of it. Yet for some reason..." Acacius eyed over the strange gem in Dolor's hands its power radiant even to someone blind to the Force and all its strange mysteries. He couldn't help but wonder what a Jedi might make of it and the strange aura surrounding the pearl. "...I'm inclined to believe you. And I have a hunch about what force of nature you're referring to." Now it was time to turn his attention to the holo map and the division of territory. He'd better act quickly lest he gets stuck with some backwater route.

"Since you all like being risky, I say we go to the places where we are guaranteed to find loot that can't be reclaimed easily. The Front lines." Acacius raised his hand dismissing any questions before he was finished speaking. "Now hear me out for a second. The front lines are where a faction's territory is under the most pressure so it's guaranteed to get loads of credits and supplies to keep them fortified. Now let's say we steal those supplies, what happens? Do they come after us and risk weakening their position or do they just send in more stocks? If you have a brain you know that answer is usually the latter so if we simply keep our movements fluid and don't stay in one place too long it'll be hard to deal with us."

Acacius turned his attention back to Dolor. "As for what I'm assuming to be a massive Kraken just what do you plan on doing with it? We're bold and sneaky but no one who isn't lobotomized won't notice a giant Kraken."

header1.png

Isidor sat back and listened to how they were going to codex the code and who is going to guard it. The topic soon turned to the Holomap and territory. The Majors were indeed too busy fighting amongst themselves to really notice anything else out of their own squabbling. Still, the Bryn is a roving threat that spread quite far across the Galaxy and looking at where they are on the map, their meeting place is inside Bryn space.

Isidor scowled at the mention of Jedi, hypocrites under the veneer of peacemakers. So avoiding them would be a better option than facing them. He would kill on sight.

Now it’s getting interesting and with a plan forming between them, the meeting began to turn to how to make their presence felt. Isidor knew how to make his presence felt long before he joined the fledgling Coalition by disrupting trade routes from sector to sector.

But mostly he raided trading vessels for rare goods. He struck it lucky when he got his hands on very rare gems. He raided periodically, thus not falling into a trackable pattern that they can catch him with.

<“There is a lucrative business in monopolising trade routes, that’s where the more interesting and valuable loot is.”> He states, opening his 4th bottle of Rum. A Kraken is indeed hard to miss but it can be used as a secret weapon by the Coalition. Everything has its uses.

<“So use the Kraken as a last resort, try other means first and if all fails, release it upon those who resist.”> He suggests to Dolor Cordis. Eying the pearl with both unease and fascination.

Last edited:

header1.png
Messorem Messorem
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Acacius Vex
Bastian Roger

"Ooh, I like this one now," she raised her glass to Acacius Vex "That is what I am talking about, takes a bold captain to go into a war zone to steal from the military, but big risk, big reward, gave done that a few times, managed to nab myself a few crates of Coaxium a few months ago right from under the noses of the Imperials, bought myself a new hyperdrive with that score."

As Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis held up the pearl, Cass could feel the raw power coming from it "what is that?" She asked, not expecting to see magical artifacts openly displayed like this. "At risk of sounding like one of those hypocrites, we should be careful with magics, it could lead us down a path that there is no turning back from."

She turned back to the rest of the table, the mood was certainly becoming more cooperative and less confrontational. She would be more than happy to donate a few guards for this codex, she still thought good old fashioned encryption would be better, but it could be an interesting tradition to start.

"Regards the code, get it written down and safe, I will keep my crew in line as i always do, I can provide a few that would probably enjoy some leave to look after the book." She laughed to herself "and if anyone thinks of selling me to a bounty hunter, I will come back as a ghost and hunt you down, us forceys an do that you know" she wiggled her fingers and made a ghostly noise before bursting in laughter.

Kara Moonlighter

K
Things were moving quickly for the Pirate Council. She liked what she heard and gave a nod in each of their directions as they spoke. The Code was a good starting point, but the conversation was now spiraling in many directions. All the while a scribe had been commiting what they'd been discussing to a piece of leaf paper and a data pad.

"Honorable Captains we have discussed our courses of action and reservations. Here are the things we have written in the code,"

She flashed the image beside the holomap for all to see.

"We will now commence our vote. If you are in for the Coalition and the things we have here discussed say Aye. If not, state your objection and a better idea to vote on."

She raised her hand.

"For me, I vote aye. I can live by a standard that works and makes us stronger. My crew are well paid Mercenaries and we are ready to be a consort on any raid."

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Bastian Roger
Acacius Vex
Messorem Messorem

Having discussed so much from their Code, to territory Dolor felt that things were at least smoothed over. Placing the pearl back inside her armor, she raised her own mechanical right hand. "I say Aye to that. With the Code, our affairs in order and a plan, we can move on with preparing for future ventures," her voice was still stern as always, yet a sense of calm was evident. Dolor was for once in over 25 years, content with how something had gone.

Carne watched from the bar. She knew Dolor was going to do well, and she just hoped she was there to be her First Mate still in the end.

header1.png

Isidor mulled it over, twirling the empty Rum bottle between his fingers. Everything came to a point and now the vote came. He knew what he was going to vote for. He nodded at his First Mate, Pyotr who knew what it meant. They were cohesive that way. Al in all the whole meeting has been insightful if not eventful, to say the least.

It eventually circled back to where it started at the beginning and that’s good enough for him. At least it got somewhere even if it lost track.

<“I Isidor Justeene vote Aye to the Code and the Coalition.”> He states, tone serious despite his drunkenness seeping into his voice. <"Something that works for us.”>

Last edited:

header1.png
Messorem Messorem
A ARS VAMI
Kara Moonlighter
Acacius Vex
Bastian Roger

"I say aye, myself and the Midnight Kyber pledge to the code and the coalition. And I drink to our shared happiness health and wealth" she knocked back the last of her drink and beckoned for another.

Another day, another risky proposition, she was unsure of the wookie, this secretive mention of his 'partners' concerned her if they hadn't made themselves known up front, but that was a concern for another day.

Last edited:

Bastian Roger

B

Acacius Vex

A
header1.png
Well...that could have gone worse. Much worse. The fact that everyone so readily agreed to these terms is almost as surprising as the fact no one had drawn a blaster during this exchange. These people were actually being...civil. If even Acacius a pirate himself was surprised that his fellow criminal could come together and reach a consensus... the galaxy will have no way of knowing of the storm brewing...and he'll make sure of it.

"Aye. I Acacius Vex pledge myself my ship and my crew to the preservation of this coalition. Should my loyalty falter see to it that my breath does as well."

Messorem

Go then, there are other worlds than these.
Now they were getting it, now they saw what a coalition could bring to the table for them. Smiling beneath his mask, Messorem remained seated as various captains spoke once more. The coalition and code formed, rules to bind them and to follow. Rules to help them all and ensure they would all prosper. Looking over the code, Messorem took a mental picture of it, even as it hovered there next to the galactic map.

It truly was a wonderful time to be alive and be a pirate. Glancing at each captain as they rose and said their vows, Messorem smiled genuinely beneath his mask. This was everything he had hoped for and then some. So many captains joining together to raid others. They would raid the galaxy blind. Whether it would be all of them or some would fall away, that remained to be seen. However, most of them seemed willing to stay the course, though some he'd keep more of an eye on than others.

Rising to his feet, Messorem spoke as well.
"I, Captain Messorem of the Alma Oh-One and the pirates of the Reaving Corsairs, pledge ourselves to this Pirate Code and the Kraken Coalition. We shall see the code upheld and all who break with it broken."

Once everyone has made their proclamations, Messorem leans forward and picks up his mug. Holding it high, he calls out loudly to his fellow captains and their present crews.
"I propose a toast, my dear captains. A toast to the code and the Kraken Coalition, to many raids and more plunder. To an unsuspecting galaxy which we shall rob blind! Take what you can, give nothing back!"

Kara Moonlighter | Bastian Roger | Cass Gemini Cass Gemini | Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene | A ARS VAMI | Mondo Ohnaka Mondo Ohnaka | Dolor Cordis Dolor Cordis | Acacius Vex

header2.png

Mondo was glad that the meeting had progressed as it had. Now they could get to making credits, and that was all that mattered to him. He stood from his seat, giving a haphazard salute.

"I, the great and powerful Mondo Ohnaka, pledge myself and the crew of the El Dorado to this Coalition and its code. May it bring us at purses and good fortune!"

His hands slammed down upon the table as he cracked a smile.

"Now, who's buying the first round?!"

header2.png

header1.png

Well then, everything, at last ties up nicely without bloodshed or murder. Isidor liked a good drink, his first mate Pyotr did not, well not in large quantities mind. But this is the life of a Pirate Corsair drink, plunder and fight. Isidor got most of those down as an art form. So did Mondo apparently, they actually needed someone like that on their side, the Ubese has heard of Mondo's ancestor through daring tales and generational anecdotes.

Who hasn't, Homdo was that well known throughout the Pirating World.

Isidor volunteered to sort out the first round of drinks and dispatched Pytotr to get the drinks for this round. As the First mate went to get them, as he did so Isidor suddenly looked thoughtful, which no one can see under his helmet. It went to a staple in Pirate life, well those of the old ways. Something that could be used in the present day to truly solidify the new Coalition good and proper. If they all agree mind.

<"Has any of you heard of 'The Pieces of Eight'?"> He asks suddenly breaking the quiet that has settled around the table. <"Pirates of old used them, why not us?">

Last edited:
With the silence brought on after their agreement to the Code and terms set out, Dolor waved for another round of drinks to be handed out. Each of the Captains and any crew with them got another round of drinks. Dolor simply passed the barkeep a couple of credits to pay off the round. With Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene asked if any of them had heard of 'The Pieces of Eight' that pirates once carried around. "I had read some old documents taking about the many traditions of sailors and early pirates of the galaxy. Some did carry them, but it was only those of worth," Dolor explained, she hadn't thought about it before, but her pearl was a decent example of one of 'The Pieces of Eight'. It was unique only to her and with no other way of copying it. "I say we should. It could be a way of proving we are not impostors. We don't show it to anyone except each other. A way of solidifying our trust in one another and in case some Skin-shifter takes one of our places," Dolor said, bringing to light another way they can hold trust to their cause, "We could even have them be a key to something. Like a hidden trove to stash everything we've yet to sell or gathered after a Raid." Carne joined her Captain again, her own tankard of alcohol almost half way finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom