Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fireflies | CIS Dominion of Ascension (S,44)

CTE.png

With: [member='Firenne Van-Derveld']

"You're welcome" came his response, and at her offer of a seat, he took it, offering her a drink "I warn you, Mandalorian booze is something else, so if it hits hard, you know why." he chuckled a bit, of course admittedly, the drink was never as good in his opinion as good old Corellian brandy, but then again he was from there, it was just the thing to drink.

Listening to Fi speak, Rylan nodded a little bit, he could understand all to well what she was saying, "This version certainly isn't anything like the one that came before, well... maybe the droid armies are the same, but the leadership is different, better." his look showed him in deep reflection, almost as if he was in a different time on a different world...

Blinking a couple of times, he came back to this reality, taking another sip of the bottle, shaking his head a little bit. "What brought you to join?"

gX0qSJ8.png
Objective: Youngling + Water = Happy​
Location: The Hot Springs [ [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Minerva Vessia"] | [member="Fawn Alzi"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] ]
Wearing: Nothing​
The boy had a seat at the water's edge, his feet dangling into the hot springs.

"They're cookies," he explained, pulling the bag back so that he could pull one out for himself, and then extending it back in offering again.

Should he trust these cookies he just got from a complete stranger? A complete stranger who wanted official government files altered? It was kind of a questionable acquaintance no matter how you looked at it.

Then again, the notion of turning down a cookie was unfathomable.

"Whether they're food or not is up for debate," Sor-Jan went on to add, picking on the woman's question. "They're somewhere between snack and dessert, I think."

Amethyst Atreides

A
BTE.png

Tags: [member="Darth Tacitus"]

There was nothing, at first, save for a lingering silence that lingered for what felt like an eternity. In reality, it was little more than a few seconds, but it was enough to force the air from her lungs in a pained exhalation. Ame blinked slowly, the only outward indication of the turmoil that marred her mind. It stung more than she cared to admit that she had been in error, given just how much she’d come to trust in the Force the last two years of her life.

It was that same sense, flaring in response to her doubt, that first gathered an inkling of the turmoil within Kainan. The sweet burn of rage that flooded his veins and shattered his careful façade drew her gaze sharply upward once more, and her breath caught in her throat. His words reached her ears, but understanding was slow to dawn. The sight of his true, unmasked expression had her enthralled and she was hard pressed to do aught else in those few glorious moments.

Amethyst’s own aura and energy flared with dark intent, her burgeoning power reaching out in response to his own as his hands grasped her shoulders and held her tightly in place. “Do not make me a promise you cannot keep, Kainan. I cannot bear such a thing.” she said faintly, her voice strained and tight, dark eyes searching his burnished gold gaze for truth.

He drew her close and her form cooperated, steps small and graceful. As unwilling as she had been to step back earlier, to now be drawn forward with such warmth and purpose was almost a divine sensation. Ame could see his thoughts flickering across his features, writ there one after the other, the words indistinct but the intent was delectably clear.

“Kainan-“ his kiss seared away the words that remained on the tip of her tongue, and drove out what scattered thoughts had remained within her mind. Amethyst couldn’t have moved even if she’d wanted to, pinned as she was against him. Her hands rose to curl into the fabric of his cloak, and she inhaled sharply when they eventually parted for breath, her head tilted slightly as her fingers relaxed and slid gently along the silken fabric of his cloak.

Speech proved elusive, however, and she simple gazed at him for a moment or two, then returned the kiss with equal fervor. It was far better to sink into the Force and to feel, happily drowning in the strength of the sensations.

bunnybarspace.png

A S C E N S I O N
greenbar.png

For the first time in a long time expansion seemed fruitful without any undue violence. Every step that the Confederacy had made in the last few months had been shadowed by a previously unknown enemy. Since the battle of Maramere the shadow has been silent. [member="Darth Metus"] performed his duties as the Vicelord and had done his best to rid hid people of a terrorist by the name of [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"]. His likeness had been spotted far from their worlds, however, his interest in the Confederacy seems to have waned. That does not mean that the might of the southern-nation would not come for him, likely when he least expected it, but his notable absence seemed to have allowed for progress.

For once, for the first time in what felt like forever, an incoming member world would not have to sacrifice more than they were willing to give. Sacrifice after sacrifice had seen the CIS very nearly splinter. It had cost them family, friends, and precious resources beyond measure.

Yet, despite the odds, it had not broken. The nation had not fractured. If anything, it was stronger, more knowledgeable and determined than ever. This quiet moment of reflection, of celebration, was a much needed respite from the ever day stressors of war and bloodshed. Ascension was a world that had seen the darkest that humanity had to offer. The Confederacy was free to explore the ruins of a very important lesson, that most, ought to take to heart. Dictators, filled with brutality, and senseless cruelty signed their own death warrants. It was the very reason the CIS shared a notion of creating independence and freedom. They provided a place for worlds to grow at their own rate without fear from hostile takeovers, or, a lack of assets.

Those that chose to Bless the Earth learned an entirely different lesson. Some found friendship. Others found solace. Some still found the most important experience of all, though, it would not be until many hours after the celebrations ended. It was the mightiest lesson.

The lesson of the hangover.

Nevertheless, the movement in Varro was a smooth, resounding success.

| . | Mission Log Amendment:

Ascension provided much-needed breathing room. Everyone, from the Obsidians to the Mandragora, needed time to decompress and destress from the horrors that had followed them from Melida/Daan. There are still some concerns among the higher echelon of the CIS about their terrorist threat but in the essence of preserving long-awaited peace it has become a secondary concern to the needs of the people. By no means, however, will the Confederacy lower their defenses, as long as their tormentor roams free.

But they cannot cross into potentially enemy territory to claim their vengeance. Patience, must win out. One day he will slip. One day he will make a mistake. And when the CIS is not feeling pleasant and peaceful they will rend him asunder. Again. For good, this time.

Answers at this time, as to how Nemesis returned from the dead, are entirely unknown. Defenses of all member worlds kept static. Threat level remains steady per prior protocol. Pending investigation suspension and closure. | . |

greenbar.png
As usual, Confederates feel free to keep going with your individual stories! Can't wait to read.

CTE.png

Location: Amidst the ruins of Varro...totally not drawing Rylan like one of my Confederacy girls...
Tags: [member="Rylan Kordel"]

Lofting a delicate brow, she took the proffered bottle, sniffing at it experimentally before taking a sip. Fi was distantly pleased with herself for not coughing, but her eyes widened as it burned its way down her throat. “Whoa…you were not joking.” she laughed softly despite herself, blinking and slightly shaking her head in the process.

“I’ve read about the one that came before, but I wasn’t around to experience any of it. Some of the accounts are…conflicting, to say the least. I’d like to get the as much of the truth of it as I can for the archives someday.”

Firenne bent her head back to her sketch for a few moments, taking note of his expression, but leaving him in relative peace to sort through what must have been a myriad of memories. Further detail flickered to life upon the page, fingers acquiring a few smudges of gray as they softened the shadows around the base of the stonework, amidst the clambering vines. Gradually, she turned back to his figure on the page, silver eyes lingering on him every so often as she drew.

“I…” she sighed, penciled poised above the page as she contemplated an answer to his question. “…found my way here when I left home. I may lean towards the darkness, but I had no intent of serving the bloated carcass that calls itself The Sith Empire. I found out I have family here and they brought me into the fold. It’s comfortable, and I would have chosen it for myself even if it hadn’t come so well recommended.”

glimmer.png

gX0qSJ8.png
[-SOUNDTRACK-]​
Post #8
Attn: [member="Amethyst Atreides"] Nearby: [member="Fawn Alzi"] | [member="Minerva Vessia"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]
  • Lakeshore
    To the Netherworld with all the consequences

The many doubts and fears that had followed the warlord like a pack of savage, ravenous Tuk'ata for most of his hard and painful life, were shattered in a single, fateful moment by a kiss. An almost electric tension hung in the air, drawing the Overlord to this remarkable young woman like a flame drew in a moth and the Sith Lord felt as if he wanted time itself to freeze in place.

She was right. It was time to let go of the phantoms of the past and stop letting himself be ruled by the fear of loss which had defined so much of his existence. Afterall, he was no longer a powerless whelp with bound hands, unable to change things and protect that which mattered to him. Reflecting back on all the things that led to this moment, he allowed himself a secret smile, hidden in the deepest recess of his mind.

The boy who had been powerless to save the one he loved, so many years ago, had grown into a full-fledged master of darkness, a powerful man, who built a strong nation from nothing, who unraveled the deepest secrets of the Darkside and bent the very fabric of the Force to his will, shackling it like a slave, to do his bidding. Of all the things that stood in his way, none have stopped him, not even death's cold embrace, for he had subjugated even the Pale Lady of the Void to his will.

Amethyst's fierce passion was like a glass of water after a long trek through a desert and Kainan drank hungrily from it, letting it course through his being and responding with a fierce passion of his own. A shuddered breath left him as they parted for air, the warlord feeling words evade him as much as they evaded her. Words were crude, inadequate things for this moment. So, as she locked her lips against his for a second time, he let his passion do the talking.

He was a Sith Lord. A member of a select class of the most powerful individuals in the galaxy. He would not lose Amethyst like he had lost Kamira, for he now had the power to control his destiny and shape the fate of worlds. He would claim her as his own and he would raise her by his side, as his lover and apprentice and let their passion shake the very foundations of the universe, itself.

A sliver of dark power passed from him to her as he held her in his arms, one that was filled with the powerful intent of his indomitable will. Wherever their path took them, he would make sure it was where they, not the fickle vagaries of fate, decided what the end of their journey would be. Even if he had to burn down half the galaxy to do it.
teal123.png

CTE.png

Tag: [member='Firenne Van-Derveld']

He chuckled a little, the reaction to the Tihaar was to about what he expected, "What I know of the original... I'd say is one sided if I hadn't looked into history myself and saw the way things happened with them." distant memories played in his mind for just the briefest of moments before he looked at Fi, "If I ever find some records, I'll make sure to send them your way. History is important, especially so we don't repeat the same mistakes."

Listening to her story, Rylan nodded a bit, "Family can be helpful like that, its good you found that connection. I honestly still got no clue how a drifter like myself ended up in the rank and file. I'm a soldier at best, and a mercenary at my worst, I make my money on the blood I've spilled, not sure how that works now..." he seemed a little perplexed, then just sorta laughed at the whole situation, "I guess we'll see."

blackw.png

Objective: Relax and eat
Interacting: [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

"Cookies... it has been a while since I have eaten one of those, ill bite then", she replied reaching her hand into the bag as the two sat on the edge of the pool, the choc chip confectionery soon coming into light. "Desert of snack..., how about nibblies"? wow did she just say that, nibblies, sounded like a think someones grandmother would say, but it was the best description she could think of.

"I mean, you don't eat them like desert, their often a little large for a snack if you have more then one, sooo nibblies works well no"? she would wait for an answer but was interested in it's taste. Putting the cookie to her mouth she took a small bite, the crumbling item being quite sweet, but not overly strong, having the same taste of a regular biscuit to even things out. "Hmmm, not bad, maybe I should learn to make these, could probably make a killing", would maybe bring more people into the tea shop she ran in her off time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom