Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Fire-Spark Droidforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
1i3zeoF.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Shipyards Name: Fire-Spark Droidforge
  • Classification: Orbital Droid Factory
  • Affiliation: CORE Automata
  • Population: Unstaffed/Automated (Droid Staff)
  • Accessibility: Navigating to the location can be difficult via hyperspace due to the mass shadow density of the Deep Core. The facility itself orbits the planet Sunspot, a molten world in close proximity to the local star, and can reach temperatures intolerable for many organic lifeforms. Having been originally designed to be operated and managed by droids, no artificial atmosphere generators exist onboard and most organic beings would require specialized equipment to explore it.
  • Description: A remnant of the ancient Clockwork Rebellion, left dormant and undiscovered within the Galactic Core for over 400 years. The Fire-Spark Droidforge is entirely dedicated to the design and production of droid units and components.

OPERATIONS INFORMATION
  • Production: Droids, Droid Components
  • Specialty:
    • Advanced Droid Components (ie: Droid Brains)
    • Combat Droids
  • Output: Automated; able to mass produce non-specialized units. Production times may vary for more advanced and/or custom models/components that require additional oversight.
  • Market: Closed-Market

POINTS OF INTEREST
5Dm7OMy.jpg

The entire facility is powered by a single Micro-Sun Generator contained in an ejectable housing at the bottom of the orbital. This method of power generation creates massive energy output with a theoretical lifespan of millions of years, but at great risk. Misuse, overburdening or unpredictable instability can result in catastrophic damage up to and including a minor supernova reaction.

MF3YFve.jpg
The production and assembly lines of the Droidforge are entirely automated and designed to be able to quickly cycle active molds and castings for a seamless transition in manufacturing. The facility hosts a unique adaptive mold/castings system that utilizes the Sun Generator's immense heat to quickly soften a fiberplast-thermoplast polyblend, shape it into a mold/casting using three-dimensional renders, and rapidly cool it for production line use within minutes.

SECURITY
  • High: Aside from the location and environmental hazards offering protection from most would-be attackers, the facility is also equipped with automated defense systems linked to a vast array of internal autoturrets and external turbolasers. The facility is actively patrolled by security and supervisor droids, and hosts a reserve of battle droids for emergencies.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Fire-Spark Droidforge is an old and unique design, constructed over 400 years ago during the original Clockwork Rebellion. The facility, still functional to this day, is likely one of the last surviving droid manufacturing facilities built by the villainous A.I. to stock it's droid armies.

Orbiting the molten Deep Core world of Sunspot, the Droidforge is a testament to advanced A.I engineering; capable of withstanding the powerful magnetic and gravitational disturbances caused by the intersecting orbits between Sunspot and Malterra, and built to contain and wield the immense energy of a Star.

2020-04-27
  • Formatting fixed from site transfer.
  • Hyperlinks fixed.
  • Affiliations changed from Grayson Imperium to CORE Automata.

Last edited:
[member="Dak"]

Hey there! Love this submission! Only two technical things to take care of before I can approve this:

[Image 2] - "Reactor Paintover" by Khang Le on Kang-le.com
I can't find the image on the page linked. Could you help a girl out please? :) Either point me because I might've missed it, or provide another link please.

Links:
  • Dak (Character)
This link isn't working - the hyperlink includes has http// instead of https://

Tag me back once the edits have been made please :)

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Thank you!

I can't find the image on the page linked. Could you help a girl out please? :) Either point me because I might've missed it, or provide another link please.
Sorry about that, I've changed the link to go directly to the Games page of the website. From there you have to scroll down towards the bottom and you should find it under NCsoft - Concept Artist 2015.

This link isn't working - the hyperlink includes has http// instead of https://
This should be fixed now as well.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Woops -- between exams and COVID I completely forgot that I pulled this to update it. Should be good to resubmit for judging now! Changelog included at the bottom. Is it possible to remove the Grayson Imperium tag? I can't seem to.

Dak Dak

Looks good. Need you to add this in Out-of-Character Information (above Links):

• Permissions: [Please link any Marketplace purchase or similar approvals to use other Writers’ content as part of this submission.]
Since you're not using anything that requires permission, you can just put N/A.

• OMG
Reactions: Dak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom