Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Festival/Tournament (Blades Only!)

The Smiling Myrmidon
Gooooood moooorning vietchaos!
(It's literally morning here because I am an EU dude, not from across the bog, blue, wet thingy.)

I would like to host an event in regards to, not life day, but New Year, hosted by my character and his organisation on a civilized world, Karideph (Minos Cluster).

What is it about?
The Death of the current year and renewal in the new year. Celebrated in a festival which is celebrated at a 'castle' where plenty of colorful tents and prefabs around allow for a medieval feeling.

The highlight is a tournament where only the blade is approved as weapon. No Force, no blaster, no what's else you can use/see/interpret as weapon (except your limbs/body).

Officially it is only for non-Dark siders, but if you sneak in, good luck! Be aware of consequences and try to prepare me beforehand.

The Tournament:
I don't want to demand 24/7 attention and tons of posts over Christmas from people, hence why the Tournament shall be a 'one post only' action. Every fighter gets an opponent and they are permitted one post in which they flash out their action. The moving on with a winner and into the next round! This shall make it fun and engaging to read the combat posts and not get lost in countless actions and super elaborate attack and block posts.

Around the Tournament, the Festival:
There will be feasts, markets, chances to watch the tournament, doing business and of course, to meet the King. Erh. Organiser. ;)

There are a few people interested so far, if we can gather a few more, I will set it up this week and we can go forth! :)

Rurik Fel Rurik Fel Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich Julian Qar Julian Qar Maestus Maestus Leon Nerrac Leon Nerrac Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Last edited:
Ares Atrius Ares Atrius
Confirming I do indeed want to do this.

Technically he is force sensitive, but it's pretty normal for him to already fight without much force use. So that slight reduction in awareness/reaction time and minor buffs/debuffs isn't gonna be hard to work with IC or OOC. He's already almost all echani when it comes to fighting.

The Smiling Myrmidon
Sars Sarad Sars Sarad & Khefiir Khefiir you are both welcome! And I hope that Khef will be teamed up against Sars and then ... well, say his name once and make a sea-battle out of it :p

We got 9 participants so far! Thats brilliant! Will all of you participate in the tournament itself or other festivities?

Below I will list the three locations "available":

1. Arena: Fighting in 1v1s, it is about skill and honouring combat, not killing the opponent!
2. The Castle grounds: Festival, market, drinking, having fun.
3. The Castle & Arena lodges: Watch the fights, converse, embrace some light luxury

This looks cool. I'll participate if there's a spot for me.

Questions;
Given each fighter has one post, doesn't the person that goes second have a massive advantage in that they are able to react to what their opponent does? Or am i missing something?

Ares Atrius Ares Atrius

I'm still interested, of course. :)

The highlight is a tournament where only the blade is approved as weapon. No Force, no blaster, no what's else you can use/see/interpret as weapon (except your limbs/body).

Quick clarification question: Are lightsabers okay? Or do we want physical, metal blades only for this tournament?

The Smiling Myrmidon
Stone Gra'tua Stone Gra'tua The tournament is less about defeating your opponent and embracing victory in PvP, than showing off some skills, doing what you are good at and having a good time. ;)

If there should still be the feeling of "unfairness" or prejudice, my suggestion would be to send me the posts first, pre-writing, and then after I say "check" to post, that way nobody reads the others post and equality is consolidated. I am offering it, but with the focus, I would not see real reason ^^

Edit: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Lightsabers are A-O.K.A.Y. :)

Greer is interested in this, as is another of my characters Akemi Io Akemi Io

I am curious why force users have been penalised though as without the force for their reflexes, perception, speed, dirty tricks, a jedi is pretty screwed compared to the mando bucket heads, the likes of Bryn and gendai, eldritch entities etc.

The Smiling Myrmidon
Using the Force is not being Force sensitive ;) The natural aspects a Force user has cannot simply be turned off, no Force dampeners or poodoo are given out. But like telekinesis, lightning, speed or whatever - big no no.

Improved reflexes? Whos gonna switch it off? I will not :D

Still it is about the art of the blade and duelling capabilities.

The Smiling Myrmidon
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr , Spek Zhio Spek Zhio , Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich , Akemi Io Akemi Io , Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna , Stone Gra'tua Stone Gra'tua , Khefiir Khefiir Sars Sarad Sars Sarad , Leon Nerrac Leon Nerrac Maestus Maestus , Julian Qar Julian Qar , Rurik Fel Rurik Fel , Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Thank you sooo much for your interest! The Festival-thread will start on Monday or Tuesday after Christmas. I hope @everyone that more people show up for having a good and relaxed time! :)

Here are some teasers at the three locations/objectives:
MOSHED-2021-12-22-16-30-45.jpg

Watching the tournament, meeting in the nearby castle for chatter, some luxuries and making new friends, or foes.

MOSHED-2021-12-22-16-30-34.jpg

Fight to honour the rebirth of the Year!

MOSHED-2021-12-22-16-30-8.jpg

Dance, party, buy, sell, steal, be undercover, eat, feast, admire the tournament on big flat screens while a colorful, joyful and busy medieval fair flair festival is going on!

With big thanks to Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust for creating the banners!

Wine, Women, Fury, Death and Darkness
I assume no dual claw droid arms hidden beneath the clothes can be used during the battle, right? I'm sure that'd disqualify me...

Otherwise, I MIGHT be willing to give Oveln here a baptism of fire and ensure that he doesn't use any of his Force powers... I'll think about it, I guess, but I have a few other RPs I'm currently engaged in, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom