Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Festival of the Lost | CIS Dominion of Krant (Y,44)

Krant2.png

Attention: [member="Antoine Rhys"] & [member="Jorge"]
Objective: Drinking & mingling while looking fabulous
Garments: A perfectly tailored suit in spite of Antoine's opinion

There was an unmistakable amalgam of species and sentients within the bar, alongside the native denizens of Krant. It was one of the defining traits of the Confederacy, this level of acceptance of difference, whether species, ideology, religion, or simple opinion. And perhaps the one trait Varick was most grateful to see, considering the backwater human clodhoppers that lived on Stewjon. Backwards was not nearly strong enough of a word, but the vitriolic intent behind it left a bitter taste in his mouth at the thought.

He sipped from his drink and uttered a faint sigh of pleasure. There was certainly something to be said for a good brew, and this was lightyears ahead of such a simple descriptor. He would have to see about procuring a barrel or two before they left, to be added to the collection he’d begun since his freedom had been attained.

Those thoughts, however, were neither here nor there, and they served only as a distraction from the pleasant sounds and even more pleasant sight before him. His free hand swept up into his hair, pushing it back from his features, and taking out the small tie that had held it loosely. That soon found itself tucked into a pocket, while his blue-green eyes settled on the dark-haired gentleman that had approached and begun a question to him before changing his mind and simply ordering at the bar before speaking to the handsome blonde he’d been admiring.

The blonde, for all that he was distractingly beautiful to look at and attired in an impeccably tailored suit, was likely a bit bored of the evening and accustomed to a different sort of company. Varick, however, was more than happy to make acquaintances within the Confederacy, and perhaps even a few friends, which he had been distinctly lacking upon Stewjon, outside of his siblings.

Turning slightly, he strode forward and offered a smile to each, the expression a bit warmer as his gaze lingered on the blonde. He nodded to the dark-haired gentleman and spared a glance for the glass of ale he held in his hand. “An excellent choice. The local festival brew is fantastic. Debating getting my hands on a keg or two to take back when we leave.”

He offered his free hand to each of them in turn, his handshake firm. “My apologies, my manners seem to be lacking this evening. I am Varick Lechner, recent member of the Confederacy. Who might I have the pleasure of addressing?” he said, voice rumbling softly through his accented Basic.

Wearing: Little black dress
Tags: [member="Maple Harte"] [member="Caid Centurion"]

Red.png

Alwine remained silent as Maple explained the nature of the Mandragora spirits, though there was little kindness in her eyes. Of all the great and wondrous things she had experienced in the galaxy so far, she was learning just how silly most of the teachings on Stewjon had been, especially regarding women folk and the Force. However, even if she took Maple's elaboration of the spirits and their fabric of reality as completely accurate, this was stuff that was very similar to what was believed on her home-planet. And while she could believe, with ease, that not all Mandragora were as vile and repugnant as the auflaque, it still caused the hairs on her arms to rise. There was something threatening in that tale, something that she believed Maple fully when Maple said had not been fully explored. What else had not been fully explored? There was a mention of a boon, but no boons came freely. Alwine closed her eyes momentarily and forced these thoughts away. She had no hopes to win a philosophical debate regarding these spirits, she knew. Perhaps, in a few months more, when she knew better, when she had experienced more, when she could be less outwitted due to her general ignorance, courtesy of Stewjon.

Luck, zombie, Lich... Alwine listened, her ungentle expression giving way for slight overwhelming. So many words that... That probably meant different things than she had been taught, and a lot of words she had never heard before at all. Her resolve to find an academy and take a few months to attend merely strengthened at this.

The explenation for a Jedi Shadow was an interesting now. "But you are in the Confederacy," Alwine spoke at last, "as I understand, it is full of Dark Force Users. Does working alongside them not go against the Jedi Shadow mandate?"

Maple resumed to speak of the woman, and Alwine was forced to agree that her theory did not hold any water in lieu of the information Maple was giving her now. Frankly, it was another confusing tale that she found herself having a hard time properly following. The Lupine sighed, having no words for comfort or additional ideas to offer the woman.

And suddenly, her attention from the green lights in the water was averted by... A ghost. Radmus Riath. Alwine gave the ghost a polite no of the head, fighting her hands that almost automatically went back to clasp themselves behind her back. "I thank you," she half mumbled as he congratulated her the emancipation from Stewjon.

As the conversation between Maple and her friend continued, Alwine found herself a trespasser and took a few steps back before turning around and beginning to walk away. There was no help she could offer, nor any insights at present, and this conversation was one that she knew she had no place in. And that was perfectly well.

Chocolate eyes scanned the surface, searching for either the ghost of her own mother, or other people she could make herself acquainted with, but here were none.

At last, Maple returned to her, the Lupine's senses immediately on the wet faced woman. Had they been on Stewjon, Alwine would have had a fabric napkin or a handkerchief to offer her, but at present, she had nothing other than a gaze of sympathy, and she nodded, not quite knowing what to say.

Caid Centurion

C
Nearby: [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Maple Harte"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Lirka Ka"]

Nope.

No spirits came out of the depths of the lake, attempting to swallow him whole. Nothing tried to invade his mind and turn him into some flesh-eating ghoul. The moments of introspection faded into the recesses of Caid's mind that were as dark as the inky waters upon which he floated. Rolling on to his stomach, the large Sith dove back underneath the surface of the water. Long, powerful strokes quickly carried Caid away from the center of the lake in the direction of the opposite shoreline.

Unlike his father, Caid actually did not have a deep connection to the water. He preferred the mountains and the forest to the galaxy's more aquatic environments. Minutes and a couple surfaces from the death for fresh air passed by before the tall Sith reached the shallow shoreline. Slowly, Caid's large frame emerged from the dark, bright gaze evaluating the dark shore and shadows created by the faint light of the distant village.

When Caid's entire form had finally extricated itself from the lake, his gaze fell upon two figures that he...certainly did not know at all; Srina Talon and Lirka Ka. A curious brow arched for but a moment as Caid took note of the scene. Was...one of them trying to sneak up on the other? Shrugging slightly to himself, Caid turned his gaze back in the direction of the other shoreline where Alwine and Maple were still conversing. A subtle motion of his hand and the fabric of the cloak he'd deposited from whence he came rippled violently as it flew rapidly across the lake.

Once the garment had returned to Caid's hands, he turned once more to regard the two women near him. Bright eyes lingered on the one simply standing in the near-distance before shifting to the diminutive silver-haired woman. Pulling on his cloak, Caid focused in on the woman, recognition slowly creeping into his visage. "Exarch Talon." A simple statement devoid of niceties as he casually approached the woman whom supervised the Confederacy along with the Vicelord.

The woman, like so many arrayed around the lake, seemed as though she'd recently been lost in thought. I probably should have stayed in the cantina.

[member="Caid Centurion"]

Lirka herself had no trouble feeling the Sith, but he was a new one from the dozens upon dozens of Force users that had bombarded her senses since she had joined the Confederacy. It made her shudder, and she was reminded of a part of her that had been continuously flicking on and off for the past while:

She hated the Force

She gave a wayward glance to the Sith, maybe amused at his swim in the lake or impressed at the boldness of it all. She didn’t show either responses on her cold face, blank and unmoving like always: a dull killing machine till she flicked that part off. But a Sith was a Sith, and they always drew her eye: for better or worse.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Krant1.png

NEWBLUE1.png

Wearing: Casual red shirt and jeans
Interacting: open to anyone....hello...anyone.

"Karlie, are you hurt?" The voice of the ship's AI comp asked.

It had no doubt been analyzing, scanning Karlie who was still in the running shower. She was sitting on the floor, water cascading over her as she buried her head in her knees, tightly wrapping her arms around it. She was trembling despite the warm water showering down on her.
Her ship's comp did not alter the current environment, like shutting off the water. It actually understood that in the sitting fetal position Karlie was in, was quite a stable state for her to be in.

"I don't believe your skin abrasions are the cause of your distress, Karlie. Your mental state of being when you entered was one of deep thoughts. Is something bothering you that I can assist you with?"

The comp had picked up the traces of urea, dissolved ions, and variants of organic compounds, that were picked up in the drain reclaimer on the floor that Karlie was huddled on...
The girl was definitely distressed. Naturally the AI had access to Karlie's wrist crono also.
The very same crono that monitored her for any allergens. The crono had only reported elevated life signs that confirmed Karlie's distress...no poisons or allergic reactions.

"I am here, Karlie. I wish to help you." The comp then said, after letting a minute more go by.
It was monitoring Karlie's life signs and could not pick up any elevated signs that she was injured inside or out, other than for some skin abrasions. But Karlie was still huddled and slightly trembling.

"I prepared an optimal calculated jump we can take out of this system and return you home, Karlie. Do you wish for me to take off for home, Karlie?" It asked, still monitoring her and giving another moment to pass.
It then fired up the engines...it's near quiet hum did however stir Karlie to slightly raise her head. Her eyes cautiously looked about the shower stall.

"Karlie, I cannot define the cause of your state. I am concerned and we will be returning home.
I will send a message to your father." It said, following it's own protocol.

"N..no..." Karlie uttered.
"No, don't do that."

"I'm holding. What is that you do not wish for me to commence?"

Karlie let out a slight whimper.

"I don't understand. Please define for me your request for me to hold."

No answer, just Karlie breathing a bit more normal...relaxing her grip on her shins.

"Karlie.
Karlie, I have no recourse but to follow my protocol. I will take you home."

"Sigh...no. Don't message dad. Just...just give me a few more minutes....please." Karlie pleaded, looking up at what she believed her AI was monitoring from. But in reality, the AI had many input angles, aside from life reading monitors on Karlie. The ship..the AI was designed to look after her.

"Understood.
Karlie, I'm here with you."

NEWBLUE1.png

"I'm fine...don't need to be spied on."
A few hours had passed and Karlie was pretty much her own self again, now laying on her cockpit bed, looking up at the starry night sky of Krant.

"Of course, Karlie" her comp replied, despite the fact that she was always watching... diligently always recording her. And Karlie knew that too. But as human nature went, the comp understood that Karlie needed to say that for peace of mind. The AI did not correct her. It understood better.

There had been no further intrusion by what she wholeheartedly believed was her mother's ghost again that had somehow transcended through to her despite her lack of personal midicloreans.
Karlie was trying to figure out if it had been her imagination running wild. And again the question as to why here..why now if it had been so possible.
It could only point to the fact that what was said about Krant and the Lost souls had to have some real merit. But why then had it come so..so abruptly, then gone?

"Replay that sequence again...from me starting the shower.." Karlie had went over the scene several times already and always the same...nothing had been picked up audibly whatsoever but her own scream.

"And there was no trace of halucinagens in my system?...you sure?..Nothing whatsoever?" Karlie just couldn't put her finger on it, but whatever she had experienced by the lake and then in her shower just hadn't repeated itself again. Not for several hours. And it was now 2 past the midnight hour.

"As the analysis report indicates, you did have elevated amonia, keto, aldehyde compounds indicative of drinking alc-"

"OK!...Yes!
So I was drinking some beer before! But I wasn't drinking on my way here nor before I entered the shower." Karlie waved her hand to swipe that analysis off the holo imagery above her. If she could, she'd delete that report, as it also indicated how it had been gotten. Karlie had peed herself sitting , trembling in the shower stall. Her comp had analysed what went into the recycling drain.

"Perhaps you should attempt to sleep, Karlie. Upon awakening, you are quite clear minded and more apt to finding out the answers that you seek." The AI offered a suggestion.

Under normal circumstances, Karlie would have agreed. Only that before she went through with the Sebrix-9 project and eradication of her midicloreans, her mother's ghost always seemed to haunt her in her dreams. It had been a good five years now that she had been free of those nightmares. Karlie was afraid to go to sleep, for fear of dreaming her mother again. or worst....have her mother's spirit enter her dreams like it once did.

But she would have to sleep sooner or later...after all she were human.

"Hmm.... that's the trick. I'm more afraid of what I'll find out in my sleep....Yawn..."

Krant1.png
Wearing: X
[member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"]​
*******************​
Ivum... he had never met the brother, but it made sense what she said. Jaron had no one that Dianah really had to worry about. Even if his dead mother didn't seem to approve it wasn't going to change their future. As far as Jaron was concerned she was the woman behind the door, and the woman in the vision. So, why was he nervous about the fact the two women he cared about the most were talking about him. They looked like they were enjoying it too. It was awkward too... he was standing right there talking about how he was miserable.

The praise... it was even more awkward. Jaron didn't know how to handle hearing what Dianah was saying. His students had abandoned him, all the other women he had ever cared about abandoned him or died. Her words were the exact opposite of what he felt that he could even offer. Jaron just let them continue to talk because he didn't know what to say.

"No, I suppose he wouldn't. I suppose this is the real thing then, isn't it. You won't live life without him anymore. That's how I felt about his father. I left Mandalore behind because he asked me to, not before we celebrated our riduurok with my family. We are one when we are together, we are one when we are apart, we share all, we will raise warriors."

Her eyes turned to Jaron, and she smiled.

"We certainly raised a mighty warrior, but we you have got to work on your people skills."

She stepped closer and a cold touch was left on his cheek, followed by Dianah's. It wasn't solid, but it wasn't passive either. A tear rolled down Jaron's cheek.

"No, you dry those eyes right now, ad'ika. Don't let this one get away, hmm... she's good for you."

Kara turned and looked back to Dianah. Her eyes narrowed in onty the way a mother's could when looking at a woman that wanted her son.

"You treat him well... and you best hold on to him too, because clearly he is good for you to. Don't wait long before tying your futures together. Life is short, and the galaxy is cruel. It takes what it wants, and if wants either of you, there is not much you can do to stop it..."

Jaron nodded. He squeezed Dianah's hand.

"Yes, buir..." he said with a bit of annoyance in his voice. It was how any adult child took his mother's advice when it came to women. "So, your blessing then?"

"Yes, Jaron... the both of you have it."

Wearing: Flightsuit

Kurayami stood staring at the horizon for what felt like ages before he gathered the mental strength to look back to Amara. There was no discernible expression on his face, but thanks to the dark taint of the planet the emotions rolling off of him were clear as day. It was like being in the eye of a hurricane, but he had learned long ago to let the 'darker emotions' flow freely and not to hold onto them and let them gain strength. Down that path lay nothing but self destruction and hatred of all. So many things came to mind that he wanted to ask her, but he couldn't pin down a single question. Thus they stood there in silence for a time.

Finally finding his voice, Kurayami spoke.

"So, Dietrich came to taunt me further under the pretense of asking forgiveness. Erich came to tell me that you were all proud of me and that I am being watched over by all of you. What then, is your reason for visiting me, Amara? I have been to other nexuses before, other places where you could easily have reached out to me, yet you stayed silent. Why now? What changed?"

The apparition of his adopted sister smiled gently at the questions, tilting her head slightly to the right in thought before answering him.

What hasn't changed, Ami? You certainly have. I can't remember a time where you didn't have a smirk on your face, ready to take on any mission no matter the odds. Never did you question yourself or your abilities and most importantly perhaps...you always flew with a wingman. Look at yourself now. Life has worn you down, the smirk is long gone, your mind is a tempest of doubt when you are sober enough for coherent thoughts, and now you actively distance yourself from others. Why do you put these burdens on yourself?

He closed his eyes when she finished speaking. The words stung. He knew her intent was not to wound him but she was asking questions he couldn't answer. Or was it simply that he didn't want to answer them? Taking a deep breath his eyes slowly raised to meet her own. The use of 'Ami' as a nickname, something only a few had ever called him. Based on what he could remember Amara had been the first, though it had also been Jenni's favored term of endearment as well.

"What changed? You have been watching me have you not? If so then you have no need of the questions. You would have seen what happens when I allow others close. The use of such an old nickname, questions you know I am unsure of the answer to, what is your purpose? And I refuse to fly with others now as I don not want to needlessly risk the lives of others. I have no want to lead them, into battle or otherwise."

And so you close yourself off from love. From forming new friendships. You may not see it, but the flame within you has certainly dimmed. The path you choose to rekindle that flame and turn it into the inferno I remember is yours alone, but think on what I and the others have said to you this night. Remember Kurayami, you fight not only for yourself, but for all those who stand with you both living and beyond the veil.

And with that Amara vanished, leaving him alone once again with his thoughts, and wondering if this trip was half as much of a good idea as he had initially thought.

Krant2.png
~| The Near Rest Bar
Objective:
~| EXPLORE
~| Meet new people.
Hey you:
~| [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Varick Lechner"]

"Well, one would think some of these people are locals, but nevermind.." Jorge replied with a smile though, he started to take note of the man's disinterest in talking to him, Jorge only engaged the man in an effort to meet other confederates besides the ones he already knew. Jorge also answered the mans other question, "I came over wanting to meet new people, it's fine though I see you were going to speak with your friend." He gestured to the suit that contained the long haired space hippie ([member="Varick Lechner"]) but to his surprise he was not in the place Jorge last saw him.

Instead the man was now standing there before Jorge and his new acquaintance. Before Jorge had time to greet him, the man started to speak. Jorge responded to the mans statement with a chuckle,
"Hah.. thanks, but this would be your choice, I had the bartender give me what you had, and it'd be tasteless if I didn't agree. If you find out where you can get a keg let me know." He finished his remark with a drink of the ale and a smile.

Soon Jorge realized he hadn't even introduced himself to the man he first approached as Varick introduced himself, quickly he fixed his fault, "It's nice to meet you Varick. It seems, I forgot to introduce myself as well, I'm Jorge Mek, I transport goods for the Confederacy." The smuggler looked away from Varick and to the other man ([member="Antoine Rhys"]), seeming to offering his name to him as well. "I don't believe I caught your name though."

Krant1.png
Wearing: XXXX
Tag: [member="Lirka Ka"] | [member="Caid Centurion"]
NEWBLUE1.png

Srina spent quite some time with the ghosts of her family. It was bittersweet to see them again. They didn’t appear as they had in her nightmares. Bloody, misshapen, and cold. They were warm for such ghostly spirits. Beautiful. Part of her was saddened that she had yet to see Nysana, however, part of her was glad. She couldn’t imagine that this would make her sister feel any better. She was just barely managing to breath without them. The rest…The rest was still a work in progress.

The flaxen-haired woman continued to read to her niece from the quirky book of prose in a hushed tone. She didn’t want to bother the rest of the people paying the respects by the lakeside but it seemed to please Iuuna. Srina would do anything for her. If only she hadn’t of left Eshan. If only she had stood her ground. If she had defied the will of her Father—they might be alive.

But how many more wouldn’t be?

She paused when she felt eyes boring holes into the back of her body. At first, considering she sensed no ill intent, she ignored it. If someone wished to speak to her the easiest way to do was to actually come forward and hold a conversation. Nothing would be gained by hiding on the sidelines like the galaxies most dangerous wallflower. It didn’t matter that this was a time for reflection. Duty demanded that she not be moved by the spirits in the lake. At least, not outwardly.

The silvery Echani stood slowly, her form endlessly graceful, despite the waves of powder blue shimmersilk that slid over dewy grass. Her kind generally appeared ethereal, otherworldly, and just plain altered. The setting didn’t help. Someone that she did not know approached openly. Keen sight picked up his unnatural eyes before she saw him fully. They were bright in the evening, like some great ebony saber cat. Darkness lingered near him. Sith. Of course. The gaze from behind, upon inspection, belonged to [member="Lirka Ka"]. The Sephi had been an adept partner in dealing with thugs on Kalinda and Srina had not forgotten it.

“Lady Ka…”, she greeted, her dulcet and refined voice little more than a whisper. The breeze stole her words away, guided by the Force, and the dark-haired female would hear her clearly. As if she were speaking right beside her.

Winter gray eyes focused on the Sith Lord that came from the depths of the lake like some sort of shadowed sea monster. He was broad shouldered, with a chiseled jaw, and more than towered over her. In fact, both Lirka, and this stranger dwarfed her in size. Srina had long ago gotten used to it. There were plenty that liked to try and press their luck or force her into a power struggle because of her appearance. One by one, they learned better.

The man spoke her name and she nodded her head. Exarch Talon. How she loathed it, but, at least he hadn’t called her the Dread Queen. That was worse. So much worse. She’d fought the notion of being noble or high born ever since she’d stepped foot on Geonosis. She was a warrior, much like Lirka, and many others in the Confederacy. She was closer to being a Mandalorian than she was a true politician. Echani were every bit as aggressive, every bit as vicious, only, they were better at hiding it. It was the perfect blend of aristocracy and violence. “I do not know your face.”

She could have brought up her Holo-Comm and forced the identification but she was curious. He knew of her, as so many seemed to, but she did not know him. One of the Knights? Perhaps a Viceroy?

Her mercurial gaze flickered.

“You should be careful about swimming through lakes full of spirits. You might find yourself possessed.”

[member="Srina Talon"]

Lirka didn’t approach out a mixture of an amusing shyness and just mere respect, people were speaking to the folk that had come to actually matter in their lives. Was rude to barge in and interrupt whatever mystical family nonsense or whatever else was going on, besides. Lirka could feel a twinge of respect for this woman, and Ka didn’t give her respect easily.

She laughed at her greeting, a half drunken bark more than anything. Someone had been enjoying the booze...odd she had avoided such a chance to see the people departed from her. Even in her current state Lirka seemed to keep a distance from that lake.

“HA! Lady Ka? I haven’t heard that one in a good eighty years, no, no. I ain’t no “Lady”. Look at me, do I look very Lady-like?”

Wasn’t particularly hard to imagine Lirka coated head to toe in gore again, though in truth she just kinda looked like well, a person. She wasn’t bedecked in her distinctive armor, just clothes she had been given while her armor was being repaired after that Kamino bloodbath. Bandages and a body of toned muscle, she wore her life as a pit fighter constantly, a few small scars hidden in her pale skin and that silent attention at all times. Oh of course, Lirka never considered facial tattoos very lady-like

“You can call me Ka, I’m sober enough to not think it a’ insult. Or Lirka, that’s the name.

It was always somewhat amusing when Ka began to drink heavily, she mixed an accent more distinctive with the Underworld while still having her immensely strong Thustran one overpower it completely.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
Krant1.png

Eventually after having an emotional breakdown of sorts, A'Runda was able to begin collecting his thoughts and senses. Still teary eyed he finally looked up and over his shoulder where the new spirit was. To his surprise it was a Tusken looking down at him. "Aargh, Uli-ah" (greetings little one) they said, referring to him as a kid. Yet the voice coming from the spirit was very familiar. "Eyaak urruna Uli-ah Uli-ah. Wr orna Eyaak murrna." (I see you are not well my grandchild. Don't worry, I saw what happened) After that statement it clicked in A'Runda's mind. This was the spirit of his Tusken grandfather. He used to be his old clan's storyteller, before finding a new one and leaving the clan. A'Runda hadn't even known he'd passed away, then again no one from his clan could.

"Urak-ahh?" (Grandfather?) He asked the spirit from confirmation. Nodding back they replied.

"Ahn Uli-ah" (Yes little one) A'Runda wasn't sure if he was glad to see his grandfather's spirit or was embarrassed sense he claims to know what had just went down. Stepping forwards he took a seat next to his grandson. "Urrt ui, eyaak nurr nurr uran. Tusken urana orrk lurrah urak urak." (I understand your pain. To be Tusken without our blood.) His grandfather said, now trying to erasure his grandson. But saw some doubt in his eyes. "Orrah Guf Urrek ur." (Don't let their words get to you.) Looking away back at the ground A'Runda would speak back.

"Gazzur Hurrnun hueh? Ui orno human" (How can you say that? You're not human) Clearly stating a big distinction between the two of them. Which his grandfather nodded slowly.

"Uri murr uli-ah uli-ah-a." (You're right my grandson.) After that he paused for a moment. "Hu, norno uts" (But, that's not important) Then another pause. "Eyaak ornak hurak ur hornah urn urn skee quarr kuna urah urah wrr gurna tuurrahh, hurak-ah kahnak ur lurrah." (When I left the clan, I'd learned of a saying that came from star men, and it was, family is thicker then blood.) A'Runda recognized that as a Mandalorian saying. "Wurrna Eyaak Ti-ur ur quan errt urknah ui, un orrna burrnak cun uri uli-ah uli-ah-a." (When ever I think of that phrase, I think of you, and that I'm proud of you as my grandson.) After that A'Runda's eyes widened after hearing some words of pride when referring to him. In this short hour or so it'd been a wild ride of emotions for him. Being surprised, to dreadful, only for him to feel better soon after. However, sensing something his grandfather got up, and A'Runda with him. "Eyaak urn gagahgt uri uli-ah uli-ah-a, rurrn torguna." (I must leave now my grandson, stay strong.) With those words he began to walk closer to the lake.

"Arrgh-nu..." (Thank you...) A'Runda said as he walked away, before reaching the lake he turned back an gave A'Runda an acknowledging nod before disappearing.

Maple tried to smile, as she didn't want to bring [member="Alwine Lechner"] into her depression.

A question Alwine had asked finally filtered through to the bounty hunter, about how since the Confederacy was full of Dark Force Users whether that violated the shadow's precepts.

"It does violate the precepts. You're right about that...though given how often I've seen Jedi rub elbows with some of 'em...either way I haven't been one in years. I quit...because it would have destroyed me if I had stayed. But I still had friends. And that monster is killing them. She will pay for every evil...just like you intend for your mother. All of it.

Maple had not missed how fish-out-of-water Alwine was. The little wolf was eager, fresh faced. Obviously intelligent. But she needed more knowledge and experience. Maple was perhaps seeing too much of herself...but she didn't care.

"Alwine...I know your brothers got your back and ultimately you have your own path you must walk...but I was wondering all the same...would you like to go to Tattooine with me? I have materials related to Alchemy to get you at least familiarized with the concept. A lot of it is old notes from a defunct Jedi Faction much like the one I was part of. But some of it might prove enlightening. Plus, the place is pretty dangerous. Good place to learn how to shoot and hide...I mean, if you're interested...good field experience. Plus I ride around in The Sexiest Ship Ever Built. Its fast. No weapons, but its heavily shielded and equipped with stealth technology. Truth is...that messed with me just now. And I don't wanna go to that place without at least someone to talk to. Four of my top twenty nastiest assignments occured there and I got a lotta bad memories. I won't be mad if you say no."

Wearing: Little black dress
Tags: [member="Maple Harte"]

Red.png

Apparently, Maple was a former Shadow, and had not seen former comrades in years. Alwine nodded, sympathizing with the woman's claim that remaining there would have destroyed her. She could say for herself the same of Stewjon, though with Stewjon she never had a purpose, could never extract something meaningful beyond base survival, both for her and her brothers.

When Maple spoke of the monster, the... Amgalam, was it? Killing her friends, Alwine's chin raised ever so slightly. She knew what she had to do, but more than that - she knew what she wanted to do. Maple Harte had bee there in the prison and had shown her kindness after months in which the little wolf had none. To offer her aide, whatever anger it entailed, was the least that Alwine Lechner could offer in return.

Before she could say anything though, Maple offered her to go to Tatooine with her. Alwnine did not know what this Tatooine was or where it was located, knew too little of Alchemy to know why it would be beneficial to her. And importantly, it would be an educational experience. Certainly, there would be danger there, but for once, the danger would be direct and easy to discern, not a danger that relied so heavily on what if's.

"Maple Harte," Alwine said, holding her arm out, "It would be my honor to aide you on your quest. I cannot offer you much in the way of knowledge or shooting, but my fur and fangs are readily available to travel with you when you decide it is time to go."

Caid Centurion

C
Nearby: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Lirka Ka"]

Silver-green eyes snapped to the form of Lirka as the female Sephi finally broke her silence. For a brief moment, the Sith considered what a Lady was supposed to look like. It seemed a title that many adopted and precious few of them were true nobility.

However, the sound of Srina's voice once more pulled his attention back in her direction. To her comment about not knowing his face, the Sith did not respond. Anonymity was a familiar mistress, and she always treated him well. The Exarch's second comment however actually caused Caid to crack a partial smile as he cast his gaze back out over the now-placid surface of the lake. "All living things exist in the Force, and it contains every spirit in the galaxy..."

When Caid turned his head back in Srina's direction, his impassive mask had returned. "If a spirit wishes to fight for possession of a being, they can do it at any time. The depths of some lake are wholly irrelevant to the actual reality that every conscious mind is at risk." Taking several steps closer to Srina, Caid offered but one more comment. "It only takes one exposure to fuel your training in how to avoid it altogether."

If there was one thing a spirit did not want, it was to be wrestled in the ether and threatened with a more complete form of death. He could thank his near-death experience on Endelaan at the hands of his own father for that...revelation, that level of confidence against the dead. Bright eyes danced off briefly into the distance and somewhat absent-minded, Caid commented, "I have to go." A rustle of fabric and a blur of black and crimson were the only things that remained in the wake of his rapid departure.

Darth Miseria

D
Krant1.png

Wearing: [x]
[member=Jaron Lesan]
Post Six

NEWBLUE1.png
Awkwardness radiated off him like heat from a volcano. Dianah had only once seen him feel that way, the morning before part of his chase for her came to an end. It wasn't the same kind of awkwardness though. That one had been so tense the room felt cramped with it. This kind of awkwardness only came when someone who wasn't used to being flattered was showered with affection. A bubbly smile curved the corners of Dianah's lips, it was strange to see him this way. Usually he was the one complimenting her, which she didn't mind at all, but if this was his reaction? She made a note to do it more often from now on.

Kara's comment about Jaron's people skills made her laugh long and hard. Whether he liked it or not they were improving. She had even managed to drag him out to a club opening one night and he had actually enjoyed it. People seemed to come out of their shell around Dianah, it was one of those inexplicable things about her personality. Jaron was no exception.

'He'll have to if he has any chance of surviving meeting my family. There's more of us than I care to count.'

The icy cold touch of one that has long been gone sent a shiver all the way down her spine. There was something incredibly comforting about it but at the same time it set her on edge. In that one stroke of her caramel colored cheeks she felt the plight of all the dead. She felt the anguish at not being a concrete presence in the mortal world. It occurred to her that as hard as this was for everyone who saw their loved ones, it must be much harder on the ghostly apparitions. Half in and half out of the life you once had, to have it dangled in front of your face, there but not there... It made Dianah shudder again.

What came next too her completely off guard. The slow salty tear rolled down Jaron's cheek. That one action broke her heart into a million pieces. She wanted nothing more than the bring him close and cradle him in her arms. Grief was a wicked emotion, especially when it came from someone you love. There was nothing you could do to comfort them save for be there and even that wasn't enough sometimes. Her fingers pressed against his a little tighter and her own tears threatened to spill over, but he needed her to be the brave one now. Dianah blinked them away quickly and turned to face the ghostly figure.

'I wouldn't ever dream of letting him go... And the times I do they're nightmares, not dreams.'

The tingle of annoyance in Jaron's voice made her laugh softly. He was lucky Kara wasn't alive or, like a true Mandalorian Mother, she would have thumped him for using that tone. Instead, Dianah did it for her. It wasn't hard, it was playfully soft and aimed at the top of his arm. The voice that followed was filled with the mock seriousness of a reproachful tone.

'Don't talk to your Buir like that.'

Kara's blessing felt like the weight of a million worries being lifted from Dianah's shoulders. It was true that the couple would persist in their relationship regardless of anyone's opinion, but it was gratifying to have some form of approval. Dianah turned to Jaron to wipe away his tears with a quick brush of her delicate fingers against his cheek. In its place she left a sweet kiss that stained his skin the deep purple of her lipstick. Before she got too carried away by his alluring scent, Dianah turned her head to look back at his Mother. A soft smile played on her lips as she lent her head against Jaron's arm.

'Thank you, Kara. It means more to us than you realize. Thank you.'

It was a solemn moment that Jaron didn’t want to disturb, however the cold deadly touch of his mother sent chills down his back that caused him to shudder. Death felt so near with her touch that it frightened him, yet it was his mother. How could her touch be frightening and comforting at once, yet it was. Jaron sighed as the touch finally gave way to a soft kiss on the cheek from Dianah. Of course the small pinch to his arm was deserved and he faked hurt over it. Oh their banter had never stopped, even with his mother present.

The tears dod not want to stop, and even after his mother’s blesseing was given, Jaron did not want this moment to end. It was clear that’s what was happening as he silently watched as his mother began to fade. In a matter of seconds it was just Jaron and Dianah, as it should have been. The comforting touch of his mother seemed to be no match for the comfort and warmth which came from his lover. It was an odd thing to admit, but Dianah had managed to take something from his mother, as life should be. It was clear to him I t hat moment that Dianah held the place of most important.

“That was my mother,” Jaron finally said to break the silence. His arms embraced Dianah, and held her close for a few moments. He had hoped to see his mother, but it was different now that he had. Jaron didn’t want to say that it was different than what he expected, but it had been. Still, he was happy.

He kissed Dianha as his hand took hers.

“I told you she’d like you,” he said his tongue sticking out. “I suppose we should find out if your dad is gonna like me. You may h enhim wrapped around your finger, but dad’s can be unpredictable where their daughters are concerned.”

Jaron squeezed Dianah’s hand.

“Is there anyone you want to wait for, love?”

[member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"]

People nearby: [member="Varick Lechner"] [member="Jorge"]

Be still, my aching loins heart, the thought formed in Antoine's mind as the other blonde man smiled. His eyes did not move from him as he approached, almost entirely forgetting about the short one standing near him. Oh, Antoine...

The man was with them now, speaking of purchasing a keg or two to take back with him when "we" left. Antonie hummed to himself, wondering who these "we" were. Beauty attracted beauty; perhaps there were more fine specimen such as the blonde man to be had around here.

A free hand was offered, and taken. But whereas Antoine's insides were overly enthusiastic, his exterior remained calm and collected, albeit with a great focus of the gaze upon the man who introduced himself as Varick Lechner. It was a good name to be owned by such a good body. Antoine approved of it. And that accent, oh dear Force...

The short man spoke first, giving his name - Jorge Mek. Antoine would probably forget it before the evening was over.

As for himself though...

"Antoine Rhys," he said, giving both of them a warm smile, "Viceroy of Ascension. It is wonderful to meet you," the word wonderful emphasized as he looked at Varick, "if the two of you are interested as such in the kegs, please, allow me to purchase you some."

With a smooth move, he removed his holodevice from his pocket, giving it first to the shorter one, whose name he had already forgotten. "If you would be so kind as to let me know where you're docked, the kegs could be delivered before we're... Done."

And he would make sure he had one on his own ship as well. For the guests.

Krant1.png
Wearing: XXXX
Tag: [member="Lirka Ka"] | [member="Caid Centurion"]
NEWBLUE1.png

The snowy head of the Exarch tilted when Lirka laughed at her use of an honorific. It had become a habit. So many in the galaxy grew offended if not afforded the proper respect. She had been presented to Sith Lords of the most devilish magnitude, the Grand Master of the Silver Jedi, a self-proclaimed God King, and so many Queens that she had lost count. Srina would refer to them however they wished, however, she would never prostrate herself before them. Srina Talon bowed to no one.

“My mistake, Lirka, I meant no disrespect. Looks can be deceiving. ”

The Sephi seemed to be in higher spirits than some of them. Perhaps it was liquid courage in her veins but Srina almost envied it. She felt just as hollow as the ghosts that paraded the lake. Her focus pulled back to the Sith that had poured himself from the depths of the lake. The smile that he gave, even partial, was not invisible to Echani eyes. They missed nothing. It was in that vein that she thought her attempt at pleasantries had succeeded.

Apparently not. The bright-eyed male went on to explain exactly why the spirits would fail in possessing his form and the wintry woman could only laugh softly. It was bare, refined, yet touched with the faintest edge of a melody. “I assure you that I was speaking in jest. A joke, if you will.”

It didn’t seem to matter because the dark-skinned man was already moving along. Her head tilted as silver eyes followed the Sith carefully. A swirl of dark, a twist of red, and it was as if he had never existed at all. Interesting. Srina sighed gently as she tapped the gem on her Holo-Comm to wake up Oracle. Her friendly AI always loved a good mystery. “Please investigate the man that was just here. If he is part of the Confederacy, and he seems to be, I would like his personnel file.”

<<Certainly, Srina.>>

Oracle was an intuitive piece of technology. Ever changing, ever learning, and ever adapting. She knew that Srina loathed being referred to by any title just as well as she knew that the Vicelord loved to call her his Dread Queen. With that in mind, she got to work. She was always watching passively in the interest of keeping the Exarch safe but it would take time to search their databases with little more than a face. In this dim light, voice recognition might the best route.

While awaiting the identity of the mysterious stranger she turned her full attention back to Lirka. Her accent was changed. Different. “How are you enjoying the Festival of the Lost? Have you visited with your past yet?”

That seemed unlikely. The only thing Srina could say for certain that Lirka had fully visited was alcohol vendors.

Ka just grinned, it was good to talk. Distractions were good,

“It ain’t disrespect, just inaccurate.”

Lirka was far from happy, she just was very good at masking her emotions. In fact she felt rather miserable still, there was much to contemplate when you had the equivalent of a century of screw-ups for the spirits to yell at you about. And were very adamant about trying to yell at her about.

“Ya’ want the honest answer? I utterly despise it but the booze is good enough to make me stick around. Ever been yelled at for messing up?”

By the looks of it, she was using that question as an explanation for one thing or another. Likely as for that whole thing with “visiting your past”, truly that’s all that these spirits were.

[member="Srina Talon"]

As the departed continued to rise from beyond, those present would leave forever changed. To see beloveds one more time always left marks upon the heart and soul. For good or ill, the change was inevitable. Such was the nature of the evening. Such was the nature of Krant joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

*** As always, please feel free to continue your stories beyond the submission point ***​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom