Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Fel for It | GA Dominion of Xa Fel

720cc0dcd2876f8e0e9d02865d2b8bf8.png

Location - Senate Rotunda, Courscant
Objective - Good Ol' Debate
Tags - Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen | Maou Maou | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Fellow Delegates

"Ah, Deliberate speed" He muttered under his breath before drinking once more. "Of course, Mr. Speaker. I yield for the time being, as stated" He eyes quickly scanned a priority intelligence report indicating the so-called Lord Imperator of Byss, legitimate or not, had arrived in orbit of Xa Fel with what could only be the intention of seizing the Xa Fel Shipyards.

If he remembered his history correctly, the ruler of Xa Fel, before his abdication and the planets transfer to democracy, had evicted the Kuat Driver Yards on charges of corruption and mismanagement. The Alliance respected the wise rulers decision, noted the change, and moved on, allowing the newfound privatized shipyard to continue it's right to produce whatever for whoever.

He really didn't care.

Byss was violating the laws of a sovereign world, and there could be no turning the other way. Shortly after the Corellian Senator spoke, he called out once again "Eurfornis Major seeks recognition"

"I must agree with my colleague, the Senator from Corellia, that this so called Lord-Imperator has shown his disregard for our democracy time and time again."

"This cannot stand! At all. Therefore, I move for the Lord Imperator of Byss to remove his warships or face consequence"

Objective II // Unwarranted Influence
Coruscant // Galactic City
Senate Chamber // Grand Convocation Chamber
Tags // Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Maou Maou

Senator Vosh watched as the Senators voiced their support for his bill hopelessly. While he was in opposition , he knew that at this point it would be useless to oppose the motion and simply voted against the motion when it was time for all Senators to vote. However in a surprising move , Vice-Chair Tithe mentioned his Cousin's Activities on Byss in which surprised the Senator of Byss along with his entire delegation given at how the Assault had only started a few hours ago. Senator Vosh was expecting for this matter to be brought forth sometime later during another Senate Session but nevertheless he was already ready to defend the case of his younger Cousin.

"Byss seeks recognition." Senator Vosh said in a cold tone. His Repulsorpod advanced forward so that he could address this senate firmly. "Senators , i understand your concerns. Given Byss Imperial Heritage and Imperialist Stance , you have alot of doubts about our Administration and our Benevolent Ruler , Lord-Imperator Sularen. But i must assure you that this is somewhat of a misconception. While the Fleet sent to Xa Fel do belong to the Lord-Imperator , they are not assets of the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek rather they belong to a Corporation known as SularenCo." the Senator then paused.

"I must also remind this Senate , that the while Xa Fel might be an ally of this Alliance and such an attack can be considered as a breach of sovereignty i must also point out that the very target of the attack , the Xa Fel Drive Yards are not in possession of the Xa Fel Government rather an Private Corporation known as the N&Z Umbrella Corporation , who has ties to the Zweihander Union and by extension the Eternal Empire. The CEO of this Corporation , Ben Craig was spotted leading Military Force belonging to this Union during the Assault on Byss not to mention SularenCo itself used to be a partner of the N&Z Corporation before they joined the Zweihander Union and once held joint ownership of the Drive Yards with N&Z."

"That being said. The Fact that the N&Z Corporation is affiliated with known enemies of this Alliance and the fact that SularenCo has a legitimate Claim over the former Shipyards , the Lord-Imperator is in his rights to conduct an assault on the Shipyards without warning especially when the N&Z Corporation through their leader were responsible for the destruction of various facilities back on Byss and was an associate to members of the Eternal Empire who detonated a Quantum Bomb in the East Side of the Imperator's Ruling City in which caused the deaths of 30-40 Million People."

"So by defending the Xa Fel Drive Yards , you are recognizing a Corporation affiliated with enemies of the Galactic Alliance and who actively partook in the assault on Byss. This is not a question of Breach of Sovereignty but rather a question of Legitimacy , whether you can consider this as a Legitimate Attack or an Illegal Assault and with my case i've clearly demonstrated how Legitimate SularenCo's operations on Xa Fel are so i'd advise the Senate to refrain from proposing action in which might lead to a Bigger Crisis between Byss and the Alliance as i'll say it once more , the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek has nothing to do with such an attack."

"With this i yield the floor." The Senator sat down , exhausted by his little speech and his repulsorpod withdrew back to it's initial position. He hoped that this could atleast make the Senators think about considering further actions against Byss. After all , the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek had nothing to do exactly with the attack other then the fact that their leader was the one responsible of the attack through another entity. But nevertheless it wasn't really a reason to further pursue action against a legitimate government.

Nevertheless , Senator Vosh crossed his hands and waited for yet more opposition to his case. This would be a long day and he knew it. But if anything , he was prepared. Sularen had been planning this takeover in his capacity as Lord-Imperator the day he seized Power on Byss. He knew the Alliance would oppose him and he knew what to say. With the aid of his cousin , he was going to make sure that any opposition would be thrown away as soon as it popped up. Afterall the Will of Sularen was undeniable.

Rafiq Novak

R
Coruscant, Senate Rotunda

Everyone sought to be recognized. No one actually waited for recognition. Insanity ruled. Fresia didn't speak out. Instead, Representative Novak glanced sidelong at his student aide and leaned closer. "None of these madmen are interested in process," the woman murmured. With a tight lipped smile, Rafiq had to agree in silence. The best condemnation he could offer these actions was his own measured lack of response. Jumping in head first and acting out of emotion only fanned the flames.

If there was a vote called, he would condemn the actions of Byss. Conflict of interest between the leader's rule and his actions as a reluctant member of the Alliance was prevalent. It was his opinion that an Imperial be forced to abdicate to begin with. They contrasted far too heavily with the freedoms and democracy that the people fought and died for.

Byss, however, was not Fresia. He was here for all people of the Alliance, but foremost, he was here for his own. "Are you going to speak up?" she asked him.

"When it is my turn to speak," he said simply. "There is a method to these meetings, and I am waiting for a return to it. If we feed the flames, they will spread. Let the Chancellor or the Vice-Chair take action."

There was no way that they would not condemn Byss for these acts of outright contention.

We all fall in parallel
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

"I-" Taku started to respond, but fell silent. Ryv explained the situation involving Zeltros and he felt horrible just to compound the trouble that the other man had to deal with. There was already so much on Ryv, and he was only adding to it. If he wasn't a Jedi, the man wouldn't be accountable for his actions. If he wasn't...

"...yeah, I get it," he murmured. The fight had left his voice. The people, the Jedi, everyone was looking on expectantly now and he was feeling the pressure. It was something that Ryv could handle. This wasn't Taku's world.

He thought he was doing the right thing, but just like every other time, he was wrong.

"If the Alliance is like that, am I in the right place?" he asked. "I left Kashyyyk because the Silvers thought to back the Sith, and they did nothing. This... is there anywhere that isn't fucked?"

He felt lost and powerless. The reason he became a Jedi in the first place was becoming blurred. Taku moved back to the hard, cold slab that functioned as a bed and sat on the edge. "...maybe it'd be better if I stayed," he said honestly. "I can't promise I wouldn't do it again. There's too much wrong with this Galaxy, and I won't- I can't, Ryv. I can't just do nothing."

O B J E C T I V E . 2
nVxIegR.png

Senator Ju Li Kim
HRH Shoma, Prince of Xiaolang
Representing the Empress Akikonomu of Atrisia & the Commonwealth before the Galactic Senate

kwzlsmL.png
Things seemed to have gotten slightly out of hand.

No sooner had Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe called on Byss to speak than Corellia and Eufornis were denouncing the Imperial senator before he could respond. Clearly, passions were high with regard to Byss. Was it perhaps due to the recent attacks?

Even when Byss had spoken, there was hardly sufficient information with which to deliberate on a response, favorable or otherwise.

Exchanging a few notes with Senator Kim, the woman waited for Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen to finish his time before she finally stood and announced, "The Atrisian Commonwealth requests recognition."

Waiting for their turn to speak, it was not until the senatorial pod had arrived at the central podium position that the woman spoke again, this time saying, "Honored delegates, Atrisia shares your concerns over these headlines, but I fear that all facts are not yet known."

Gesturing off to her left, the woman deferred to the representative who had just yielded the floor as she added, "The honorable representative of Byss has made claims asserting legitimacy in these actions. Such claims must be investigated into and the facts assembled before the legislature of this Alliance can make any informed decision."

The statement lent itself to only one conclusion.

"Therefore, Atrisia moves to adjourn until such time as an investigation into the present matter can be convened and the results made known to this body."

With that, the woman took a slight step back. "I yield the remainder of my time."

SetoHeader10.png

Seto Du Coutaeu
Objective Two: Unwarranted Influence
Action: Listening, Speaking, Voting
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

Seto raised an eyebrow as it was made that this session was meant for discussion and discourse of the proposed legislation. The bill itself presented little issue to Seto, it would simply increase the Alliance Military spending in a nutshell, the only problem that could arise would be the growing influence of certain Corporations. But that metaphorical ship has sailed long ago. Seto glanced back to his data-slate, his eyes refocused on something peculiar happening in a system currently being courted to join the Alliance.

One of his informants, Seto had engaged with friendly relations, Well he certainly has a good ear to hear loose lips. The young Du Couteau heir was slightly caught off guard when the Representative of Kuat voiced the very concerns happening over Xa Fel. The voice held a certain edge, and Seto felt a chill run down his spine when Senator Kiyoshi made the threat of invading Byss that moment. A smile knifed the edges of Seto’s lips as he closed his eyes to imagine news across the Alliance of one System invading another, how the other Alliance Members would react to such discussion of system sovereignty.

Taking a moment to inhale sharply, Seto refocused himself as another voice boom within the Senate Chambers to concur with Kuat. It took no time before the Senator of Byss spoke up to defend himself. Or more so, defend the actions of one man from Byss. The charade happening in front of his eyes was entertaining, Seto could already imagine the impressions and reactions of the populace. The young Du Couteau heir even figured he could probably garner some more fame back on Empress Teta by attending a few more talk shows to discuss the matters of the greater Galactic Alliance at large.

Another voice was soon heard to the Senators, and from one of the newer members of the Alliance. The Representative of Atrisia spoke and she held a cooling message of patience to acquire the evidence before making any further actions against Byss. Raising a single eyebrow, Seto stood, waiting for his turn to speak.

“Empress Teta seeks recognition.”

“Most honorable Senators and Representatives of the Galactic Alliance, Empress Teta agrees and supports the motion of The Atrisian Commonwealth to adjourn any further proceedings before information and evidence can be discovered and a proper case be made for the claims of the Senator of Byss.”

“I yield the floor.”
Seto ended his short speech as he moved the pod back to its place before taking a seat once again.

Seto had no intention of staying in these chambers far longer than needed, and with the vote already casted and the initial bill becoming law, there was little importance left to be conducted within these Senate chambers. After all, I have several appointments with Tailors across the Core worlds to meet with. . . time was a precious thing to waste with pointless discussions and circular reasoning.

|| Spirit of Faith Spirit of Faith | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen | Taega Vrav'lan | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Maou Maou | Rafiq Novak ||

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

"Hate to say it, man, but there isn't a place in the galaxy that isn't like that," Ryv admitted as he pushed off the bars. "It be great if we could all live in some kinda paradise state where everything is awesome, and nothing bad ever happens. Unfortunately, it'll never be that easy. If we want something like that to exist, we gotta do it ourselves."

He paced across the hall to another cell as he spoke. Pivoting on one foot, he crossed his arms and leaned up against another set of bars. "Morality is weird, Takui. I wish I could say things are as simple as Sith bad, Jedi good, but that kinda black-and-white approach only really works with the force. With people or galactic governments? It gets a lot weirder with them. The Alliance has done a lot of good since its founding a few years back. They've been hard at work rebuilding planets ruined by the One Sith. I mean, they charted an entire hyperspace lane in hopes of counteracting tyrants like the Confederacy. Even if people wanna rag on the Core, there are lots of resources here, and like the Jedi, whoever owns the Core is expected to do endless outreach into the galaxy."

"Those expectations hang heavy on the Senate, just like they do the Jedi," he paused to yawn. It didn't take long for his entire chest to puff up, arms stretched out as it shook through his body. "Sorry bout that, kinda sleepy," he rubbed an eye with the palm of one hand before slipping both into his jacket pockets. "But yeah, GA and NJO, uh, similar groups, different scale. It's easy for me to keep a handle on things cause there are so few of us. The Senate is dealing with a trillion people on Coruscant alone. Now add everyone else into the equation? Bound to be some bad eggs in the bunch, right?"

Ryv shrugged. "Regardless, I'm not gonna leave you in here, man. You've got a heart of gold and a will of beskar. If there was ever someone who could help make the galaxy a better place, I think you'd be one of em, Takui. Just gotta realize these things don't come quickly. We might spend our entire lives fighting for it, only to die knowing those who come next will have to finish the job. It sucks, but if that's the way it is, I gotta do my part. And I think you feel the same."

Takui Takui

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

XA FEL // TRAFFIC // EN ROUTE TO CORRESPONDENCE
INTERACTION: Djorn Bline Djorn Bline // CLOSED
B Y O O

GW9BcFn.png

The parking space and speeder fell away. Fractals of existence started to calibrate to a more intimate setting amidst a dojo. Djorn’s concerned face across from her smoothed over, receding into something more youthful and innocent. The concern she’d seen milliseconds before being pulled into another consciousness was redrawn with admiration and respect.

He was looking at someone important to him, she recognized that immediately. And within a second, a deep voice confirmed her suspicions –– immediately reciting paternal heritage. In the real world, on Xa Fel, Loske hiccuped a short gasp.

The watch’s position –– her inherited purview –– was looking up at their chins, and the words that were spoken passed over the chrono’s face. She could feel the thunderous pulse in his father’s wrist from the earlier exertion against the straps as if it were her own heartbeat thundering in her rib cage.

Passing from the hands of the father to the son, Loske was afforded the opportunity to catch glimpses of Djorn’s father as he rotated the gift over in his hands. The Djorn of today looked like him, though his face was wider and almost nobler. A firm belief etched into the lines –– even in this genuine exchange, there was a promise to reinforce his delivery. A hope for something else? A brighter future than Imperialism for his son, but acceptance.

I want to do something good? Her brows knit, as if she could unravel the story further to better understand the adolescent’s hopes and beliefs in a uniformed future. The memory receded before she could prod much further, likely because she’d not meant to investigate via touch. It was an aftereffect of her newfound wraithborn prowess.

In the real world, Loske didn’t respond to Djorn’s concern. It was drowned out by the involuntary, but the captivating experience. It was intrusive of her, she knew this, but curiosity drove her. Subtly, she brushed a thumb over the lighter.

OBJECTIVE: Objective II - Increase defence funding and stamp out unprofittable corruption
ALLIES: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen | Taega Vrav'lan | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Maou Maou | Rafiq Novak

wsL0bBY.png

“Order, order!” Tithe called out as he beat his electro-gavel. In actuality, muting the microphones of the various Senatorial pods or using his overrides to return them to their docked positions was a much more effective method of controlling the elected members. His yelling and the high-pitched ringing of the electro-gavel only added to the cacophony which had engulfed the chamber the moment the attack on the Xa Fel shipyards by Byss had been revealed.

“The Member for Corellia is warned,” he declared, adding further fuel to the fire. Kiyoshi’s comments were far from the most inflammatory this chamber had ever witnessed, even during the current sitting. However, the Chancellory pulling Senators up always played to the theatrics.

The man of the moment, Senator Vosh-Sularen, found opportunity within the chaos to speak. He declared that the fleet annexing the shipyards was a personal asset of the leader of Byss, and that the operation was to resolve an outstanding business agreement.

Artisia moved, and Empress Teta seconded, a motion to suspend the session so an investigation could occur. Given the fact that Senators were already vacating their pods for emergency meetings with their constituents, a formal vote on the motion wouldn’t be necessary.

The motion also provided the Vice Chancellor with cover to make an, albeit symbolic, attack on Byss.

“The Honourable Member for Byss is reminded that under section 19.2 subsection cresh of the Galactic Alliance common charter, the Minister of Defence should be appraised prior to military action by a member state of the Alliance against a sovereign planet. The Honourable Member for Byss is directed to leave the chamber for one hour.”

The ejection was moot given the adjournment but sent a message to Byss that their aggression was on notice.

“The motion is that the Senate adjourn. How say yea?” What Senators who had not already departed their pods called out in the affirmative. “The motion carries - the session is adjourned.” The Aarguun banged his electro-hammer.

The Chancellor’s podium descended to the floor of the Senate hall and into the holding chamber below. Adhira hurried toward her office, yelling for the Joint Chiefs to meet her in her office. Tithe about turned and headed toward the Vice Chancellory. “Call IVI IVI and find out what assets she had in the area,” Tithe yelled to his senior chief of staff. “And find me a Grand Justice - we need to know what our options are.”

It was going to be a long night.

Last edited:
Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

jbFnCN.gif

As the Senate session began, the Chancellor's podium rising into the center of the room, Adhira remained seated as her Vice Chancellor stood to lead the session. Her previous few deputies had been reluctant to take up their place as the formal chair of the Senate, but Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe had embraced the responsibility whole-heartedly which allowed her more time for other matters. Her dark eyes watched carefully as the debate unfolded, occasionally glancing down her lap where she was reviewing more intelligence reported from IVI IVI .

It was not until Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen started speaking that the old woman closed out of the terminal and glared across the chamber at the sniveling little man who thought to challenge her. She had warned him quite clearly that she would seek immediate retribution if she suspected he was plotting against the Alliance and the Strategic Intelligence Agency had now intercepted a number troubling communique to that effect. "It is high time we corrected this little oversight," she said quietly to Tithe before he interrupted to censure the Senator and expel him from the chamber.

With that last act, the Senate session came to a close and the podium lowered slowly into the floor again. As she stepped down from the high seat, her Staff Aide helping her down into the antechamber office, she rounded on Aerarii. "Thank you. It was a relief not to be the center of attention this afternoon," she said with a smile, "clearly I made the correct decision." The Chancellor looked back at one of her assistants who seemed eager to speak and politely excused herself, heading off in the direction of the docking bay.

Sularen sat in his office within the Old Imperial Citadel gazing upon his Ruling City. Only hours ago he'd ordered his Corporate Fleets to assault the N&Z-held Shipyards at Xa Fel , the Corporate Takeover of the Shipyards had been planned for over 3 Years ever since Credius Nargath and his cronies had split off to form the Zweihander Union. The Zweihander Union itself was the embodiment of Sularen's Failure and for Sularen to successfully complete his resurgence , he would need to destroy the Union and everything affiliated to it.

Xa Fel was meant to be the beginning of a renewed Campaign against the Zweihander Union and all of Sularen's focus was directed at them... until now. Soon a Hologram of Sularen's Older Cousin Senator of Byss , Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen appeared. He notified Sularen of the current situation , how Vice-Chair Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe informed the Senate of Sularen's actions on Xa Fel , the following brief debate in the Senate and the potential investigation that the SIA might conduct.

Sularen had planned this takeover for 3 Years and he had prepared himself for an Alliance Intervention just not in the form of the SIA and the Senate. However nevertheless , he remained calm. This time he would not flee like a coward just like after Kuat. He would stand his ground , defend his Throne World and his Corporation's Right to the Xa Fel Drive Yards. Already Sularen's Contingency Plan for this sort of situation was being implemented and hopefully it would be enough to survive this whole mess.

This was the time Sularen successfully returned to the Galactic Stage , and he wasn't going to let some EX-JEDI Chancellor ruin his plans for resurgence. The Hand of Purification was nearly complete , the Beshqek System's Militarization was also nearing completion and soon enough his Allies would be fully strengthened. All he needed was a few more weeks and soon , Sularen would have the strength needed to face any retribution from Chancellor and survive. His Will was undeniable and Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra would learn that soon enough.

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

D I A M O N D _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL
FOCUS | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

N5cG5gd.png
What Loske saw was a piece of the puzzle of how Djorn became the man he was today right beside her. There was much more to him than she could realize. People sometimes misunderstood those that were endeared to the principles of Imperialism and why many were zealous to spreading it across the reaches of the Galaxy. He did what he did because it was the right thing for him to do.

To do something good like he said to his father many, many years ago when he was an adolescent.

As Loske would touch the lighter, she reversed back in time from all the memories and events trapped in the lighter that while was insignificant to someone else, carried value to Djorn.

The lighter, originally, belonged to someone else before it came to Djorn. Someone who wasn’t his father, but a man that would oversee his progress and career in the military.

From the many memories available to Loske, one would take her to endless sand sea of Er’Kit. A world Djorn visited once in his youth with his Sub-Adult group. Not too far away from the stranded group of Imperials, a man lit up a cigar with the same lighted that was in Loske’s palm. It was nightfall on Er’Kit, both the Imperial officer and Djorn gazing out at the endless sea of sand.

“You see now, Bline? You see the errors of democracy and what happens when systems don’t accept the promises of Imperialism?”

Silence came from Djorn, staring aimlessly at the sand.

“Well, I know you know now. They end up in shit like this. They revere to crime and greed at the expense of its citizens. Democracy is a fallacy, a great lie. It does so much harm than it does good. It’s a cesspool for oligarchs and executives to leech on to, exploiting their power to pursue their own agendas. Don’t give a damn for the citizenry.”

“You’re smart, Bline. Despite the problems you cause, you’re smart in comparison to your peers. Lots of good things can come out of you, you can amount to so much more than those belief of yours that democracy can work.”

“I thought...I thought it was a good thing. Let people choose their destiny. I don’t know. I’m confused, that’s all I know.”

“Those beliefs work good on paper, but in practice? People aren’t honest all the time. If you think this is bad, wait until you see Coruscant. Looks nice, but only those with the credits can enjoy its luxuries. The rest? Heh, can’t even see daylight from the underbelly the live in. A world of opportunities reserved for those that can afford it. What a joke.”

“But you know, you’ve got talent, Bline. Lots of it. Don’t you want to do something good? Something good for the Galaxy?”

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

B Y O O

I'M CLOSING MY EYES
GW9BcFn.png
Darkness eclipsed the training dojo. The wooden floors gave way to infinite grains of sand, obscured little dots in the perspective of the lighter. Once more, from the object’s viewpoint, she was looking up at the necks and chins of people. Another man, a voice gruffer and less caring, was engaging a younger version of Diamond Snake.

When he lit his cigarra, the lighter shone a flickering light against the hard lines of his scarred face. Loske didn’t recognize him, but he obviously meant something to Djorn. This moment meant something to the Imperial.

The conversation centred around democracy’s failure. A chance given and squandered, and no further attempts would be made. In the darkness, and from her limited perspective, Loske the lighter couldn’t tell what the teen’s reaction to the news was. A lighter didn’t have many emotions, it had no senses. It only saw.

“Djorn,” Loske blinked a few times to recalibrate to the reality she found herself in. Still in the driver’s seat, still on Xa Fel. Djorn still looking at her. Time was always relative when she got submerged through psychometery –– seconds and minutes were indiscriminately interchangeable. Instances that would otherwise take hours flashed through The Force in a matter of moments. She exhaled slowly, still familiarizing herself with the way the air flowed through her lungs in the real world.

The first memory had been an interaction with his father, the second had to be a man that was equally respected by the turncoat. The dialogues seemed to gravitate in a similar theme –– influencing his choice. The man he was supposed to be, versus the man that he was.

Why were these memories so important? Were they sentimental because he felt guilty? Torn? Remiss?

Both items extended toward the agent, cradled in her open palm for him to take and pocket. She was still insistent they didn’t remain in the vehicle if they were going to go lunging over rooftops and tackling down some guy.

“Are you happy where you are? With what you’re doing, and making sure good is done in the galaxy?”

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL

N5cG5gd.png
The memories were important not just because the events that transpired in his life made him who he was right now. The memories were something, deep down in his core that he repressed with anger from his grief and misunderstanding, that he missed and wished to return back to them. Either to enjoy its nostalgia or manipulate the events to lead him down to a path where he could smile more frequently.

Loske has knowledge of some important events of his life, but there were still missing pieces to the puzzle. She could tell that from his father and the Imperial officer that would oversee his training, that there was a divide in him. A divide of freedom and order, and why he chose the latter of those two.

“Finally you’re back. You okay? Think you haven’t been the same since Yinchorr, or I don’t know.” A sigh of relief escaped him as Loske returned back to “normal”. Did she have another episode of the Force destabilizing her? That was his only guess.

“Are you happy where you are? With what you’re doing, and making sure good is done in the galaxy?”

He was taken back from that question, his face confused and puzzle what she meant by that. What was the reason for the inquiry? Especially now when they were in the middle of doing something.

“Uh, yeah? Yeah, I’m sure of it. Weird question to ask though. I mean, I wouldn’t be here if it was for what I’m doing.” That was his reply to her question which was still odd for her to ask him that.

“Why? Why you ask? Seems kinda, I don’t know out of place from what we’re doing.”

He took back his belongings and placed them in his pockets from the Jedi’s insistence.

“Know what? You can tell me when we’re done with what we've got here. Can’t waste more time.”

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

B Y O O

I'M CLOSING MY EYES
GW9BcFn.png
“Finally you’re back. You okay? Think you haven’t been the same since Yinchorr, or I don’t know.”

“Uh, yeah? Yeah, I’m sure of it. Weird question to ask though. I mean, I wouldn’t be here if it was for what I’m doing.” T

“Why? Why you ask? Seems kinda, I don’t know out of place from what we’re doing.”

“Know what? You can tell me when we’re done with what we've got here. Can’t waste more time.”

"No, yeah, you're right. I haven't been. Things have been..completely out of control. And these I ––." She snapped her lips together, drawing them in a thin line and considering her next words carefully. "I respect your privacy, and I..I honestly didn't mean to intrude. I always try to ask before reading memories, especially when they're important I..well. I'll, yeah, I'll tell you later."

Further conversation was sacrificed for duty.

In an instant of agreed activation, she was a whirlwind. Rreacting and avoiding obstacles on instinct and programming. Augmented movements felt like natural extensions of her intentions, and the city was welcoming to her experimentation, making the empyrean all the more accessible and flourishing in movements expected of someone more well-practiced than the Knight. Gaps between the rooftops were quickly closed with leaps and bounds. The rush barely stung at her exposed face.

She'd been practicing since Djorn had last seen her on Yinchorr. Instances that would have been broken, awkward, fritzy, were well refined. Enough to focus on the ankles of opposition, pull them out of the way, knock them into scenarios they couldn't rise from, and all-around overwhelm the opposition without having to activate her lightsaber or Djorn having to fire a single shot. Ultimately mitigating the civilian casualties, much to her triumphant grin.

A mish-mash of movements resulted in her, and the NIO agent poised for success. Leaving Djorn with a little more clean up than herself, given she'd done...most of the work. Invisible efforts or not.

"Okay, so," she blew a stray strand of blonde from her face, tossing it over her shoulder and shoving the crime boss to his knees with a final forceful gesture. He was yabbering in protest, but it fell on deaf ears. She was too focused on re-engaging the conversation from earlier.

Her conversational tone was out-of-contextual casual. "About earlier, between those two items that seemed precious to you, I saw some memories and I don't know what made those pieces important to you, but I'm going to assume it was because they were at a junction at some point in your life.

The New Imperials are a powerful group but..I just.." she looked down, pressing her fingers against the gangster's neck and cutting his connection with consciousness. He fell forward unceremoniously in a slump.

"I know we don't always have the same views on things, for whatever reason, but I think..somehow, you're really one of my friends. And I want you to be happy. And I want you to do good..because I think you're really, truly capable of it. And..I think after everything you've been through, you know how to define good from bad. And you're not dependent on people's expectations. "

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL

N5cG5gd.png

SORROW

They did what they came for, although it was cleaner than he expected it to be and without him doing much of the work. A slight annoyance to him as he was much more used to a thrill of the fight. He would lie to himself if he never did enjoyed the rush of a fight. At first experience? Definitely not. But after countless operations and battles, war did become a part of him. Like an awakening of a warrior from a deep slumber within him. A spirit that didn’t rest until he achieved what he strove for.

Absolute Imperial dominance.

A goal he swore on ever since that day.

"About earlier, between those two items that seemed precious to you, I saw some memories and I don't know what made those pieces important to you, but I'm going to assume it was because they were at a junction at some point in your life.”
“The New Imperials are a powerful group but..I just.."
"I know we don't always have the same views on things, for whatever reason, but I think..somehow, you're really one of my friends. And I want you to be happy. And I want you to do good..because I think you're really, truly capable of it. And..I think after everything you've been through, you know how to define good from bad. And you're not dependent on people's expectations. "

She sounded just like him. That old phantom in his life. Even in death, he haunted him to this day. His lectures and words still followed him. She wanted him to be happy; he wanted him to be happy. And just like he wanted the best for him, so did Loske. Part of him envied Loske for her good nature, something that was steadfast and well rooted like a tree facing a storm. He appreciated the fact she considered him as a friend despite the differences they had whether it was politics, philosophy, and life.

That young lad he was years ago died whenever he pulled the trigger on that one man he endeared.

“Pain gets the better of us, Loske. I know I’ve been a rather mysterious person to you ever since we met. It does make me happy that you see me like that despite my ways, and I am sorry for the lies I’ve said to you. I fight not to gain some power, but because I know I can bring something good to the Galaxy. It’s what I’ve always believed since I joined the military.”

“Despite everything, I’ve always valued you. You were the best thing that happened to me when I went to the Outer Rims. You’re something special, something the Galaxy should aspire to be.”

Genuine words from him, but even then he couldn’t set out on a path to be like Loske. Something that old man wanted him to be.

“What did you see?”

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

B Y O O

I'M CLOSING MY EYES
GW9BcFn.png

“Pain gets the better of us, Loske. I know I’ve been a rather mysterious person to you ever since we met.

She snorted at that understatement.

“Despite everything, I’ve always valued you. You were the best thing that happened to me when I went to the Outer Rims. You’re something special, something the Galaxy should aspire to be.”

There was something sad about his reflection that made Loske pause in her handling of the unconscious asset. Loske’s brow lowered and her mouth rose, squeezing her face into something smaller and thoughtful. As usual, her expressions were raw replications of her internalization. And, equally usual, her internalization never remained internal for long, and she was moved to a somber action.

"Thanks, Djorn." She murmured, basically dropping the asset so they crumpled over and she moved over to wrap her arms around his neck and give him a tight hug. Maybe it was the humanity of those visions, compounding with the vulnerability of his admittance of appreciation for her that moved her, but there was a sadness that seemed to live within him that she wanted to quell. She couldn't put her finger on it, and probably never would given how guarded he was, but something moved her to want to let him know he wasn't alone in the want to do good. Even if the means to an end were different. She drew in another breath, on her inhale she gave a final squeeze before she stepped away with a small, reassuring smile.

“What did you see?”

"Oh," Tucking a loose strand of blonde behind her ear she folded her arms across her chest and gave a shrug –– purposely avoiding eye contact for a few heartbeats. Unlike Djorn, it was almost impossible for Loske to not be honest. The one time she'd set him up had eaten her up inside and been completely out of character. Perhaps that's why the operation had failed.. her heart hadn't been in it.

"That watch was from your father, wasn't it? I saw him speaking to you. You were thirteen and made a choice that..he didn't agree with, but supported you. My perspective was only from the watch's face, but it looked like he really loved you, Djorn. I can see why that heirloom is so important." A part of her was envious he had such memories and trinkets to honour the past with, his upbringing. She had neither, and mentally made a note that if and when she had children of her own, she'd try and associate pivotal memories alongside tokens that would jog their nostalgia. Something previous they could covet –– like that watch.

"And the lighter, someone a little harsher. You were in a desert, older, confused. You'd tried to give people a choice, and it had failed. It was abstract, but his tone was pretty forceful. Scarred -- From your time in the military?"

Jan_Urschel_Art_03.png

NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
XA FEL

N5cG5gd.png
The hug was unexpected just as her emotions moved by his words. What he said was genuine from his soul, but it was always a rare occasion to receive a hug. He expected nothing from anyone, and he took whatever he deserved. A mentality be adopted from the rotten grief of emotions he learned to live and coexist with. And yet, such emotions along with his fighting spirit was what made him get up and continue fighting.

Whatever he deserved, he deserved it all right. Even though it mattered little to him as he would always fight back.

Softly he hugged her back, his arms wrapping around her back. It was peaceful. Almost like a wave of fresh air relieving his lungs. Her good nature just seemed to bring that to people. He was a snake, but he still gave a damn about people.

Maybe Irveric could pull the trigger, but not him.

"That watch was from your father, wasn't it? I saw him speaking to you. You were thirteen and made a choice that..he didn't agree with, but supported you. My perspective was only from the watch's face, but it looked like he really loved you, Djorn. I can see why that heirloom is so important."

"And the lighter, someone a little harsher. You were in a desert, older, confused. You'd tried to give people a choice, and it had failed. It was abstract, but his tone was pretty forceful. Scarred -- From your time in the military?"

Ah, so that’s what she saw. Memories that helped him become who he was while deviating him from something else he could’ve been. At one moment he wanted to part ways from the watch out of the two trinkets. Throw it far away from him and let that past of his life fade away. Ultimately, he never did as he still carried the watch with him.

“He did, yeah. I was his only kid,” he answered to her about his father. A topic he wanted to discontinue while not making it look so obvious. “He taught me how to fight with my body. Something that my training officers found appealing about me and favored me.”

He went ahead and crouched to pick up their unconscious target laying the rooftop’s floor, carrying him on his back. And a relief that he wasn’t heavy.

“The other man was someone that took special interest in me during my training and got me enhanced training. Special forces program. We developed some sort of camaraderie at that time, but we went our separate ways after a mission. The desert wasn’t that mission.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom