Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Chaos Creator: Factory Edition!

In the vein of [member="Romi Jade"]'s "Favorite Force User", do you have someone whose Factory subs you follow? Someone whose ideas and concepts just blow you away or have been an item that you've used yourself for your character's stories?

Give them a shout out here!

Best Technology Creator:
So so many shout outs that I'd like to give here.
[member="John Locke"]
[member="Darth Metus"]
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Best Vehicle Creator:
[member="Darth Tacitus"]
[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Best Starship Creator:
[member="Ryssa Yvarro"]
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]
[member="Alden Akaran"]

Best In-Universe Use Of A Company:
For me, this has got to be the dangerous and deadly combination of [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]. Firemane stories are just beast mode when it comes to taking a concept and giving it application to threads.

Lastly, this:

0Jnfpwp.png

Can someone please go check that [member="Runi Verin"] isn't chained to a desk and being forced to crank out factory reviews? I'm seriously worried.

Best Technology Creator:
[member="John Locke"] - While I haven't seen alot of their subs before, looking at Locke and Key makes it pretty evident why they're such a popular and large Chaos-Canon company. They make some great, creative items that I very much enjoy seeing.

[member="Arken Lussk"] also gets a mention here because I love the real world application of network security and computer science in regards to Chaos subs - making some of the most indepth and interesting reads on the site.

Best Weapon Creator:
[member="Alric Kuhn"] for things like the VT Disruptor, that while dated, see exceptional use even to this day. I'd mention him in starships as well, as I remember when I first started on Chaos how desperately I wanted some of his ships - notably The Immortal lmao

Best Vehicle Creator:
[member="Darth Tacitus"] makes exceptional subs, and while I don't follow vehicles as much, I still find myself drawn into seeing what Tacitus posts - for both the formatting and aesthetic, but also the very substance of the posts. Its amazing reads, and I rarely pass them up when I get a chance!

Best Starship Creator:
[member="Darth Carnifex"] makes pretty great starships, though I may be biased because he has excellent formatting - and I'm a stickler for formatting. The Behemoth SSD's were great subs to read, and had alot of thought and engunity put into them from what I could tell - making a splash among ships that already made a splash.

I'd say [member="Darth Carnifex"] has the best format and general aesthetic for his subs. [member="Khonsu Amon"] and [member="Kor Vexen"] both make some of the best PvP subs, especially fighters, guns, and armor. [member="Matsu Ike"] is extremely creative in general, and [member="Ryssa Yvarro"] and [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] makes the best capital-grade starships.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Thanks for the ego boost, but honestly my start in the factory came from two places the first of which was the first sub, a sniper rifle with [member="Darth Metus"]' help. Then came the starships, and with that, I had one Mr. Merrill to thank as well as Valiens himself. I bounced ideas and at the time gun math off the two of them and the rest, as they say, is history. Nowadays I have help from a few folks, one of which is [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], so thanks for always listening to the crazy ideas and helping to make those a reality. Now then onto who I think are the best in the business.

Best Technology Creator:
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], we all start somewhere and sitting in a skype room with this one and Valiens was definitely where I got started and watched over time how the submissions have improved greatly and they're always a blast to read.
[member="John Locke"], always fun to read this one's stuff and figure out how to counter them ;).
[member="Dash Kessler"], in fairness I wouldn't be on this board without Dash or rather Runi - either way the stuff's pretty snazzy and Tricks of the Trade is always fun to read.

Best Vehicle Creator:
[member="Coren Starchaser"], there's only room enough on this board for one star chasing man.

Best Starship Creator:
[member="Khonsu Amon"], right so this one is a solid nod and was the other part of me bouncing ideas off of especially during and after the FO days. A right soundboard and a man to always say, those rookie numbers kid. Honestly, always love reading through the submission and learning from them, great work.
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"], this man is a legend and was someone who I learned from early on whether he knew it not.
[member="Jorus Merrill"], definitely one of the corner stones of my work and perhaps some of the most creative ships out there belong to this man.

Technology:
[member="Dash Kessler"]
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Arage Bao"] I recall liking several Cerbera submissions

Ships/Vehicles:
[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Best In-Universe Use of Company
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]: For rping a company outside of the usual weapons/ship manufacturer category
Rave Merrill for Akure Executive Interstellar

I would like to throw a point to [member="Laira Darkhold"] too for some great tech, weapons and vehicles. Superb stuff.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]
We would never do that to our staff. Ignore the clanking of metal...it's just the wind.

Thanks for the love, folks. Good memories.

Offhand, without a care for who's still around, and in no particular order:

BEST TECH CREATOR
[member="Khonsu Amon"]
[member="Darth Metus"]
[member="Dissero"]
[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

BEST VEHICLE CREATOR
[member="Popo"], may his passing cleanse the world
[member="Captain Larraq"]

BEST STARSHIP CREATOR
[member="Ria Misrani"]
[member="Khonsu Amon"]
[member="Robogeber"]
[member="Ayden Cater"], for auld lang syne

[member="Ryssa Yvarro"] is unmatched in terms of formatting and sheer amount of information that goes into her submissions. Literally, Ryssa could submit a rock and make it the fanciest submission in the factory :D

[member="John Locke"] has the finest quality around, and his submissions are always quality and have a uniqueness about them.

[member="Visanj T'shkali"] is literally a factory machine. I haven't seen anyone else produce as much submissions as she as in as little time as she does. They're all quality, too :)

I genuinely enjoy location submissions made by [member="Darth Carnifex"] and his factory submissions too. A nice and pleasant combination of information and formatting goes along way, and there's an obvious amount of effort and forethought that goes into each of his submissions.

And I must add, those are only that come to my mind. I have yet to come across a factory or codex submission that I'm not impressed by, one way or the other.

Shhhh [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] that's meant to be a secret! *moves decorations to cover chain*

Most Impressive Start

[member="Visanj T'shkali"] - What more needs to be said, everyone can see the speed and quality of your subs

Best use of a company in RP

I can't help but agree with Bounce, that has to go to [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

People who gave me inspiration

[member="Darth Maliphant"] - Never knew it but when I first started Locke and Key Mechanics I had an in my head rivalry with Jaeger and ate up ever sub that got made.

[member="Gir Quee"] - Some of my earliest subs were inspired by Gir, and so much of how I approach subs, especially ships came from reading over his submissions.

Droids

[member="Tom Taff"] - You've made some awesome things, and given me ideas for so much more I need to get around to subbing

Vehicles

No surprise here, I don't think there's anyone I know who has put the time and thought into developing a ground military in the same way that [member="Darth Tacitus"] has.

Ships

While Gir was a huge influence for me here, [member="Khonsu Amon"]'s subs from REC are always amazing to read and I'm always impressed by the time that [member="Ryssa Yvarro"] puts into her subs.

Best out of the box thinking

[member="Runi Verin"] is the only person who I've seen a sub of and said I have to have that.

And since we're doing shout outs, a big one to the entire factory team for putting up with me and taking care of all the subs that we throw at them everyday. I promise to only make your lives harder in the new year guys :D

Gosh! Where do I begin?

So many amazing and innovative submissions have graced our Factory, and in all earnestness, inspired me to join Chaos! I am not sure I could name them all, but there are a few ‘Great Makers’ out there who do come to mind:

[member="John Locke"] - The myriad of fantastic submissions this man has made have all been of the utmost kind: Clever, nicely formatted, and perhaps above all, John’s scientific know-how and the way he combines real-world science and tech with fantasy sci-fi fun.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] - This man has built the only ships on the board that are – without any doubt – terrifying to behold. For sheer ominous-ness, delightfully made and formatted, each one bristling with fun and creative ways to die, no one has yet to come close.

[member="Alban Roble"] - Creative and solid, his subs never disappoint and continue to get better and better. I have no doubt one day he will be ranked among the giants of the Factory.

Firemane - OMG, talk about a company that has really been killing it as a presence in RP, [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] have shown us all a little something about how to make the Factory a true component to great storytelling.

[member="Gir Quee"] - Sound submissions and terrific shipbuilding made Gir a powerhouse here, and it’s a fair wager than a good third of every ship on the board today is using something he’s made. Overall, probably the best shipwright I have seen in here.

[member="Ryssa Yvarro"] - Brilliant concept, brilliant execution, every time. Clean, polished, and professional, and it’s not just the glitter, it’s the content too. Some of the most well-thought-out, well-made submissions I have had the pleasure to read.

[member="Runi Verin"] - Whom I wish were here to read this but she is um, indisposed…talk about fun submissions. This woman’s submissions combine humor, cleverness, and strong design that has inspired and motivated me and many others time and again. I am sure, if she were not tied up at the moment, we could all give a round of applause to her for her work here.

[member="Matsu Ike"] - For sheer creativity, volume, and quality, Matsu has set the bar high for all of us! Just terrific work and virtually no area of design left unexplored.

Just checked in for the long time in a while, and I'm flattered to see my name here, because I think the community's factory subs in general are very, very good. I went back to a couple of the older sites that I used to RP at time to time and I was blown away by the overall quality of the subs we have here. Things are very rarely just another x-wing but with a different picture, and general concepts are usually pretty sound. I think we can attribute that to a community that has provided a lot of previous creators to inspire and emulate, as well as a wide variety of people who help out others when they first get started here, from fellow faction members to our Factory staff.

While the quality of most subs is technically excellent (which makes this hard), a couple of people stick out in my mind because of the uniqueness of their ideas or their worldcrafting.

General Subs
[member="Jorus Merrill"]: A name you'll hear a lot for good reason. I find usually find reading one of his subs is an immersive experience into a different world or into a seldom covered aspect of Star Wars lore.

Starships
[member="Captain Larraq"], [member="Popo"], [member="Cyrus Tregessar"], and [member="Reshmar"]: I've lumped all of you together here because I appreciate the fine cultural overtones you brought to most of your starships submissions in the past (Mando, Hutt/criminal, Imperial, Mon Calamari respectively). It's one of those things that always stuck out to me when I used to judge subs.

Tech
There's a lot of creators here whose subs I find enjoyable or intriguing to read. I find it exceptionally hard for me to narrow this down to a few favorites, though if I have to pick a few, [member="John Locke"] (for a variety of subs but especially armor systems) and [member="Dash Kessler"], (for weapons and other scoundrel tech), rise to the top of the list. There's a lot of talented creators who make Force-related tech and frankly, I cannot pick even a handful of favorites from their ranks because the quality is usually quite good.

I feel like I'm forgetting some people here that deserve mentioning, I may have to update this later.

Jend-Ro Quill said:
BEST VEHICLE CREATOR
[member="Popo"], may his passing cleanse the world
[member="Captain Larraq"]

BEST STARSHIP CREATOR
[member="Ria Misrani"]
[member="Khonsu Amon"]
[member="Robogeber"]
[member="Ayden Cater"], for auld lang syne
You wound me good sir.

Users who are viewing this thread