Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Far From Home (Oswaft Migration)

Background:

In light of the expansion of the Sith Empire and now the Bryn'adûl across the north-eastern portions of the Outer Rim and Wild Space, several members of the
Oswaft race have concluded that it's best to relocate from their home nebula to another within the Deep Core. Many remember the failed genocidal campaign of the OG Galactic Empire against their species and wish to avoid going through a similar crisis. Assisted by Great River, thousands of Oswaft colonists have already made the trek to a neutral quadrant of the Deep Core, seeding a new nebula (future codex sub) in advance of a mass migration of millions more.

Generally reclusive as a race, there is a sizeable portion of the Oswaft population who do not wish to move as a matter of tradition, or holding the attitude that they may never be truly safe anywhere and stick with what they know. Another thing holding back members of their society is existence of the Cave of Elders, the sole structure of their race. It holds great cultural value almost to a religious degree. They won't leave without it, but the problem is that the gem structure is massive, on par with some of the largest space stations in the galaxy, and somewhat fragile. At present ,the Oswaft have no means of safely moving the structure on their own without it breaking up during hyper flight.

Good day to you all, I'm looking for a few Jedi-friendly characters and orgs interested in helping Great River in the mass migration of the Oswaft. The two main challenges will be in convincing more conservative Oswaft to make the move, and figuring out the logistics of moving the Cave of Elders from the Outer Rim to the Deep Core. This is intended a diplomatic and exploration style thread with no combat expected.

If you're interested in participating, then you can leave a message here, or shoot me a PM. I'll probably be launching the thread within the next few days from the time of this original posting.

Thanks to everyone who's shown interest in this story! I like seeing the variety of characters from different spheres who don't normally interact with each other. I'll tag you all in once I put up the thread in a couple nights. ICily, characters and organizations assisting the Oswaft colonists will be compensated with valuable hand crafted space gems. I may create a custom factory sub as well.

Caedyn Arenais You're good to go.

Salamander Salamander Certainly. I may NPC a conservative Elder Oswaft in favor of staying.

Alright, thread is going up later tonight or in the morning after my weekend starts. Again thanks to all who have shown interest.

ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar Gir Quee Gir Quee Nice. I actually thought up of an additional objective for the Directorate in particular. The Oswaft are incredibly smart, but don't have much experience in combat. Each of them are basically flying cruisers with the agility of fighters, so they could be taught some fleeting for future hostile encounters.

Taiia Locke Taiia Locke I'd love to have you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom