Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Time

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There was nothing funnier than commander Vera." He snickered just a little, glancing towards her. Was she at an age where she might actually find that embarrassing now? Maybe. He still smiled though as he watched them out of the corner of his eye now that he was speaking to the elder woman. "We'll pay the full price, you needn't worry yourself over giving us a discount. You use the profits for the others, after all."

He could see that much. If this was a speeder, he wouldn't be opposed, but the money was more often than not going to the cats they weren't taking home.

It was the least he could do.

Colette Colette | Valery Noble Valery Noble

olga-antonenko-mountains-matte-update.jpg

Keshi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Colette Colette Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"General Vera," the girl in question
corrected with a little grin. No, she was not embarrassed by stories of the things she had done as a little kid. Part of that was because she still liked to cause trouble, but the more important part was that those memories were shared with her family. Those were the good times, after they had gone through so much trouble just to live together without having to worry so much.

"Okay!" Aurra meanwhile chirped to her big sister, "Nibbles," she then repeated again, clearly happy with the name for their little friend. She also completely ignored her parents and the more financial side to it all — she just wanted to pet the kitty and play with her sister.

Valery, however, did look at her husband and smiled when he offered to pay full price, "I agree," she said as she took his arm and hugged herself around him. "We'd like to support you that way, so you can help many more animals." Glancing up at Kahlil, she kept her smile and nudged him a little.

He had scored himself some brownie points.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Oh! You're too kind." The old lady exclaimed with a laugh and somewhat something of a blush. "I won't say no to the money, and I appreciate your assistance."

She gave Valery and Kahlil a heartwarming smile for a moment before she turned to look at the two girls looking at her kittens.

"A good home, with good people." She said and let her smile linger. "The cat will be lucky to have you. I hope that it will be a good match."

And from what they could see of Colette and Aurra it certainly seemed to be. Colette didn't let her attention drop from the cat. She played to its comfort, but didn't push it. The fact that she could share this with Aurra, her sister, was also a big plus.

A nearby printer spat out a sheet of paper for Kahlil to sign and the woman gently put it on the counter next to him.

"Just fill out your address and give me a little signature at the bottom of the page there…"

Kahlil_Div2.png

General Vera, of course. Kahlil snickered under his breath. It was good she wasn't embarrassed yet. She might eventually get embarrassed, but he wasn't rushing for that day. She was still his little star. He filled out the paperwork before setting now the needed credits so they could bring the cat home. He was looking forward to seeing how both Colette and Aurra ended up taking care of Nibbles.

Yte again their family had grown.

Keshi
div-orange.png

"Everything is settled, then." Valery had watched Kahlil handle the paperwork and payment, and gave him a sidehug. None of this felt like a big deal, not with how happy it made the kids, but she was still happy that he supported it so much. Not every husband in the Galaxy was okay with just adding more pets and things to the family like this.

She was lucky to have him.

"Now..." Valery paused and looked between them all. "We can bring Nibbles home if you'd like, but we could spend more time on Keshi first, too. Maybe go back to the Island or spend some time in town?" Valery was quite fond of her homeworld and how beautiful it was, so she wouldn't mind staying longer.

But she could understand a want to go home as well.

Keshi
div-orange.png

Right, Nibbles wasn't coming home just yet. Valery smiled sheepishly at Colette and turned to look at her husband. With his agreement to travel to the island, Valery smiled just a little brighter and turned back to Colette, "It's where the Faedra live - a group of female Keshian warriors. My Mom was one of them, so we visited them years ago to learn more about them. We even helped them defend Keshi against invaders." She looked at Kahlil again with a slight smirk.

"Try not to threaten them this time, Mom," Vera added with a shit-eating grin.

Valery blinked, "I did no such thing."

"You gave them quite a death glare for looking at Dad. Right, Dad?" Vera was grinning even wider, while Valery squinted at her.

"Well, maybe they should keep their eyes to themselves, then." Valery huffed, grabbed Kahlil by the arm, and started walking forward to head for the lake.

Vera looked at Aris with a smirk of victory and patted him on the shoulder, "Maybe you'll see someone you like there. They're all warriors~"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just snickered as he walked outside again with the duo of the triplets. Vera was going to get herself in trouble with mom if she kept teasing her like that, eventually. But eh wasn't about to add fuel to that fire, not if he could avoid it. Aris followed in kind of course. He wasn't going to stick around for the teasing either. Not if it meant being between mom and her especially.

Keshi
div-orange.png

Valery squinted at her husband when he snickered. It was a good thing he decided against adding fuel to the fire. She was more than ready to have a go at him, too. He knew she could be a jealous type, and sometimes he loved to tease her about it, but Valery was willing to fight.

The kids couldn't get too much ammunition to use against their mother, after all.

"I'm sure it sounds familiar." Valery chuckled and began guiding them down the path towards the water. On an Island not too far away from the coast, they would find the Faedra. "They've been there for thousands of years. It's an entire way of living, though not as strict as you might expect. My Mom was once a member, but at some point, she left and started a family."

Perhaps she had someone who she wanted to leave for? Valery wasn't exactly sure how her parents met each other.

"Love? Can you help get the boat ready?" Valery asked once they reached the waterline.

Vera waited for the boat to be ready and looked at Aris, "Last time, I sparred two of their warriors my age. Maybe we can team up and fight some of them, too."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

A boat. Colette stared at it for a moment, not quite realizing that despite all that she had went through she had never been on one before, at least not for leisure, and the thought made her hesitate for a second as she observed how the others got onto it. The thing seemed stable, but like… Wobbly.

She extended a leg and tried to sync her movements with the ebb and flow before she simply took a step forward and nearly fell over before she plopped down in her seat.

And no, Colette still wasn't a superstellar swimmer.

So, more than anything, she hoped that whoever drove this thing wasn't about to capsize them. That'd be a problem and a half.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil got the ship all ready for departure. A good boat ride was honestly nice to have, if they were careful. Once on board he glanced briefly to Colette, brow raised right up. She had such an affinity with controlling water, but she didn't know how to swim, did she? He chuckled just a little as he glanced to Valery. Something to talk about, eventually.

"We'll arrive soon. Just enjoy the ride for now."

"I'm sure you won, then?" Aris glanced to Vera, head tilted. He doubted she'd bring it up if she'd actually lost.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette

kUlQNzZ.jpeg

Keshi
K9AIC3c.png

"What's wrong, Colette? I thought you loved water." Vera looked at her with a grin, placed her hands on each side of the boat, and started wobbling it from one side to another. Not nearly enough to throw the Nobles into the depths, but hopefully enough to annoy her big sister.

"Vera, be nice," Valery said with a roll of her eyes.

Vera took the hint and stopped wobbling the ship. Instead, she focused on her brother, "I always win," she said with a shit-eating grin, knowing he was the one who could get the better of her. "But yes, I did. Together, we can probably take on the whole island at once."

Again, Valery rolled her eyes. Vera totally had this from Kahlil.

Then, as the boat was starting to drift along the quiet lake, it was as if a song called out to them. A melody carried by the winds that sounded familiar to every Noble — it was the tune that Valery hummed whenever she was cooking, cleaning or trying to get a little one to sleep.

A song that welcomed them.

Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

A clearly unamused Colette stared at the stupid little brat with a very feigned smile as she tried to play the bigger person. At least for the moment. If Vera was afraid, she had good reason to be. There was nothing Colette enjoyed more than poking holes in egos, and from what she heard during the trip, Vera was approaching the point of deflation.

The family began to disembark as the song lulled them to shore and the boat began to reach into the ground. Colette made sure that she was off the boat before the kid. She walked down the dock and, wouldn't you know it, a really powerful wave just happened to nudge the boat a little to throw the kid off-balance before a pillar gently rose from the ground to push her into the water.

It would serve her right.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a heavy sigh before he smiled and watched the interaction. This what it meant to be family, right? A little teasing? Maybe. So long as they didn't actually hurt each other anyway. Once they made it to shore he couldn't help but raise a brow as the ship rocked. He reached out, mostly to make sure the triplets didn't get launched off from it.

But he wasn't going to help Vera. She did dig that hole herself, so hopefully she'd be able to handle it.

kUlQNzZ.jpeg

Keshi
K9AIC3c.png

A yelp and Vera was down in the water.

The triplets, protected by their father, were safe on shore and giggling. They were oblivious to the sibling rivalries, and just laughed at all the silly things that happened. Now, their big sister Vera had fallen into the water! Only Aurra had quickly rushed over to her Mom to be shielded from the splashes of water, and carefully peaked around her legs.

It was nice and safe there.

"Gosh, you two," Valery said with a snicker.

"Colette!" Vera yelled after getting up out of the water. "You're going to pay for that!" She wasn't all that angry, but there was no way that she could allow her big sister to get away with that.

This meant war.

But while the kids were busy playing around, Valery had turned and frozen up a little. A familiar face was walking down the hill towards them, joined by several other Keshian warriors. It was Eleya — the one who had flirted with her husband. Valery's eyes narrowed just a little, and Vera noticed. With a stupid little grin, she motioned for Colette to watch and observe.

"It has been some time," Eleya said, eyes shifting between Valery and Kahlil. "It's good to see you again." While addressing both, her eyes lingered just a little longer at Kahlil. Coincidence perhaps, but Valery's lip twitched.

Colette’s lower lip pressed firmly into a set of teeth that bit down to keep herself from laughing as she heard that ever so gratifying splash and upset roar. Oh to conserve it for later and snack on it as before it curdled into nothing again.

But while Colette had her moments when she allowed herself to indulge in some perhaps dubious emotions for a Jedi, she too was not without a measure of compassion. As her sister stepped up to her she would feel the moisture in her clothes fade into something a little less cumbersome than they were before as Colette seeped it up and deposited it on the ground.

“That’s her?” Colette whispered to Vera. “The one you told me about.”
Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

M977SXg.png

"Hello again."

Kahlil smiled politely, though it didn't really reach his eyes. He wasn't big on being ogled after all. For the moment, he wouldn't make problems. But he might, if people kept staring. He set down the triplets shortly after, making sure they were on solid ground again before he glanced back to Vera and Colette. Well, they weren't fighting anymore, so that was good.

Though he could already tell what they were whispering about.

kUlQNzZ.jpeg

Keshi
K9AIC3c.png

"Thank you," Vera grumbled softly, though still appreciatively. "That's her," she then confirmed while she looked between the woman and her Mother. The Keshian warriors were all beautiful — their bodies were honed for battle and their outfits weren't too shy to show it off. Their hair was typically long, and either braided or even worn down with various headbands and contraptions to manage it a little.

But their appearance meant nothing to Valery — she would have felt the exact same way with any woman.

<I'll be the one making problems if they keep staring.> Her voice held that same tension she felt in her chest, but it faded just a little when the Keshian warriors focused on the children instead. The triplets and their cute chirps of excitement had all of them warm up instantly.

"The family has grown as well, I see," Eleya said with a sing-sing voice.

"It has," Valery responded rather coldly.

She was still filled with irrational jealous.

"Why don't you all follow me? I'm sure there is much to show your family," she told Valery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom