Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Time

olga-antonenko-mountains-matte-update.jpg

Keshi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

Snackies?

Snackies?

Snackies?

It was already much too late. The triplets were running now, even though Colette had mentioned snacks being on the ship. As far as they were concerned, they could get them at town too, and they hungered for some snackies. Valery just grinned, knowing whose genes were showing now, and looked between husband and oldest daughter.

"Well, that one's on you two."

Vera snickered and looked over at Aris, "Keshians have some really tasty fruits. They grow them at the town, too. I think you'd like them! They're healthy, so your warrior diet won't be affected too much~" she tried to tease.

Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Yeah, well," Colette chuckled at Kahlil's warning. "They shouldn't have made me expedition leader then."

Besides, snackies was a strategic move made by Valery to try Colette's patience and she was not letting her ancient former popsicle of a mom get under her skin like that. She gave Kahlil a smile that she then turned around to give to the kids as well. Valery too, but more of a knowing one than an appreciative one. Something to say "I know what you did" without actually saying it.

Had Aeryn said it? Yes. Would Valery probably have said it if she hadn't? Undoubtedly.

"Hey, stop!" Colette exclaimed, loudly, in fear as they began to run. "Stop running! Running is a good way to find the quick way down in terrain like this, but not in any way that you'd want. It's a steep, deadly and extremely painful experience if you do."

"The quick and careless way is death, okay?" She put her hands on her hips and looked at Vera and Aeryn in particular who started this reckless snackies cavalcade. "The more you run around for snackies, the less you are paying attention to the ground beneath your feet, okay? I will slow down and make sure we're safe if I have to, because I'm thinking given our current environment, if one of us slips, we're looking at a broken arm or leg and I assume none of you want that."

"A mountain demands your full attention and respect. We're an hour away at least from good medical care. You need to be careful, especially on the way down when you have to catch your entire body with each step you take."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just chuckled as he followed along with them now, just watching them with a patient smile. Colette was on top of it again, helping to stress the importance of them not just rushing around. It was good to see. They were taking care of each other, in their own way. And Colette was as much a part of it as any other. Maybe she'd feel part of the family sooner than later.

That's what he hoped, anyway.

"If the nutritional facts are indeed in a way they won't negatively affect my diet I might try one, yes." Aris, though, nodded to his sister. There was very little leeway in his diet, if only so he could continue to enjoy mom's hot chocolate without worry. But he was always curious about broadening the diet to things that would help with it. Like these fruit, maybe.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette

Keshi
div-orange.png

Oh she knew what she did, but she was still blaming Colette and her husband for it. Valery hadn't been the one who got them running for snackies, after all. Vera wasn't going to be so quiet though, and squinted at Colette, "I didn't even do anything!" She protested.

She had been too busy talking her brother into trying local fruits. Which... his response left Vera with a slightly tilted head and an almost disappointed look, "It's fruit, not fried junk food. You will try it." She huffed in a way that Valery recognized all too well, and then walked after the rest.

The triplets had actually listened and slowed down to follow after Colette. Only Aeryn was less enthusiastic about slowing down, and stuck out her tongue at her big sister. She wanted her snackies and this mountain wasn't going to stop her. She wouldn't trip and fall.

That was silly.

"Sometimes I don't know if it's your or my genes anymore," Valery said with a smirk to her husband, while she watched the kids act like Noble gremlins.

"You chanted it, that means you encouraged it." Colette was quick to point out to Vera before turning to Aeryn who blew a raspberry at her. Except when the tongue was about to head back into her mouth she'd find that it stuck out for a few seconds more against her will. Colette pinched her fingers together and held it with the force before she let the damned thing go with a firm shake of her head.

"Aeryn, no." She was firm in that. "If you run, you will fall, and you will get hurt."

"And really, that'd be too bad because whoever makes the least of a fuss on the way down will get half of my snackies, and right now that's not you, okay?" Colette turned the table on the kids. "Adam is probably in the lead right now, actually. Sooo…"

She sighed and turned back and hissed at the 'parents'.

"It's both of your stupid genes. Even I know that much about childbirth."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just laughed as he listened, and didn't say anything more. They were already bickering like parents and children would. It was good to see. They really were starting to be a family, or at least Colette was starting to feel more at home. Aris, in turn, was like his father. Just giving a nod to Vera and her explanatation of fruit before waking ahead.

He was curious how it'd taste.

Keshi
div-orange.png

"Kids, listen to your big sister and be nice."

Aurra and Adam seemed to do that just fine, but Aeryn tested the boundaries just a little further. Her tongue came out and was subsequently trapped with the Force. Her little eyes widened, and she started to whine a little. "Lemme go!" she tried, and Valery couldn't stop herself from snickering just a little.

She needed to learn her lesson, but it was so cute.

"Fine, no running..." Aeryn pouted and definitely didn't seem to like it. Adam did grin a little when he heard that he was in the lead, and Aurra was already running back over to her parents. She reached for her father's hand this time and decided to stay close. She didn't like being in trouble or getting yelled at. So, right now, she felt better about being close to Mom and Dad. That way, she wouldn't be bad.

"Awwe, come on. This is part of being little, Colette," Valery said with a snort. "They're going to test you, and it's important for people around them to draw the line somewhere. You didn't think we'd actually let them get hurt, right?" No, if Colette hadn't stopped them, Valery or Kahlil would have made sure they'd listen.

At this point, they were all getting closer to their destination as well. The town was just ahead, and there was some music playing this time. People were laughing and it almost sounded like there were celebrations.

"No, I didn't, but I do expect them to follow the leader's orders when given." Colette said and raised a pair of defiant brows at Valery. "A caravan like this is only as strong as its weakest link, and not following directions is a good way to weaken everyone. It's more about the discipline than the act of actually following. It's nice to do your own thing, but sometimes you just can't. This was one of those times."

With her own counter-lecture done Colette proceeded to lead the family down from the mountain. Uneventful as it was, there were still plenty of time to take in the sights. The sun was slowly but surely starting its descent by the time they reached the base of the mountain again. Given the angle and the speed at which they had traveled, Colette would estimate they had about four more hours of sun before it set behind the horizon.

So… It was just about somewhere between afternoon and evening, leaning mostly into the former.

"Aaaand base." Colette said and happily turned around to look at the rest of the crew. "You did really well!"

"So well, in fact, that each of you — the triplets — will get one quarter each of my snackies. I am very proud of you all."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The weakest link, huh?"

Kahlil's expression saddened. Perhaps he'd been too hasty in thinking Colette thought of them as family. Perhaps it was just because she didn't know what it meant to be family, truly, but it still made him sad. Especially with how similar it made him feel about his own past. At least those Caravans took care of their weakest link, rather than kill them off.

She was at least trying.

"Why don't we go find that cat, yeah?"

Keshi
div-orange.png
Tag: Colette Colette Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Valery chuckled, "Consider this a good lesson, then. Kids won't always listen and even if they do now, they might test you again. That rational way of thinking isn't how their brains work just yet. They need to make mistakes and be reminded." It's why Valery had told them to listen to Colette as well, just to drive it home. It was a reminder she'd likely have to give again in the future, and if they pushed things too far, there would be consequences as well. No snackies, games or holo-tv and such.

But, for now, this sufficed.

Looking up at her husband, Valery caught the saddened expression and took his hand for a gentle squeeze. Colette had a very particular way of thinking about the world, and in some ways, it was tainted by her own childhood. It'd take time for her to fully settle in, but that's why they were here, after all.

"The building over there," Valery gestured to a larger house down the street, as they approached town. "There you'll be able to find one."

"I… Know…" Colette raised a brow at Valery. If anything, there were few people as accepting of injury to the kids around them as Colette, but there was a very big difference between an injury at a park and an injury going downhill.

Still, there was no point in arguing. Mostly because it was still possible for Valery to back out of the cat adoption deal, and Colette could practically hear them mewling from all the way over here. The closer they got, the more giddy Colette would seem to become to such an extent that when they were about to step through the door she had to physically stop herself and take a few deep breaths.

As they stepped through the doors they were welcomed by the unmistakable sound and cacophony of a cat house. Colette gasped and turned around to look at Valery as if asking permission to go further in before she decided that she did in fact NOT CARE AT ALL what Valery wanted and went in anyway.

"Can I help you?" An elderly lady asked as she noticed the family had entered. "Are you looking to buy?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

They were as strong minded as the other, that much was obvious. He didn't say anything about it though, just smiled a bit warmer as they walked into the store. He glanced to the elderly woman before nodding his head, smirked. "We are, for this one here. If you could help her it'd be appreciated." He nodded in Colette's direction. She would be the one to pick out their new cat, after all.

Colette Colette | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Keshi
div-orange.png

"Sometimes, I think she's more stubborn and headstrong than I am," Valery mused as Colette seemed to turn for their permission, only to not give a chit and head inside anyways. Her eyes then shifted to Kahlil and she smirked — already, she was expecting a teasing jab back for what she said, but she could take it.

She'd win this little battle.

"Kitty." Aurra was looking at a rather peculiar white cat — one of Keshian origin. "More kitties." She looked at a few more and smiled just a little. She had no trouble at all with Colette picking her cat, but this place was heaven on Keshi to the little blonde as well.

"Hey Aris?" Vera asked with a shit-eating grin. "You gonna let the cats lick your face too?"

Sometimes? No, Colette was used to blazing her own trail. It was just fortune that it aligned with Valery's most of the time. That, and the fact that she was technically her mother and all that, but mostly the fact that Colette was very determined to have things done once she set her mind to it.

"But of course." The elder woman smiled and pushed out of her seat with a grunt. "Let me just…"

The older woman grabbed a nearby cane and chuckled as she began her slow catch-up with Colette who gently walked through the house. There were cats just about everywhere. The sign outside had mentioned it was both an adoption home and a rescue and if she had to guess, these were the rescues. Some wanted to keep their distance, others followed her with a curious stare (and/or glare) with just the one coming up to stroke against her leg for pets which Colette was happy to give out freely.

She stepped up to their little cages and there she saw the most precious sight.

"So many kittens." She whispered and knelt down to get a closer look as they crawled around on the floor with the strength of fairly newborn kittens. Their voices were soft and fragile but teemed with so much life. Colette kept herself from tearing up at how cute they were.

"These came into the world two weeks ago now." The old lady grunted as she approached the cage to stand next to Colette. "A little too young to be adopted, and we need to get them properly vaccinated and treated, but…"

Colette had already seen one. There were some full of energy, some that seemed to have none. Some were bigger, and some were smaller, but few quite as small as the one laying at the edge of the cage and clearly looking straight at Colette and the others with a curious, almost cunning look.

"That one is always like that." The elderly woman quietly chuckled. "Always looking, always aware…"

The kid didn't speak. Her eyes had set on the kitten and she tilted her head towards the woman.

"Can I pet him?" She asked.

"Sure, just be careful… He nibbles."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No."

Aris only briefly glanced to Vera before letting out a sigh. No, he would not be letting a cat lick his face. He was not a fan of such things, not like the others seemed to be. But he was here, and watching the cats.

They were adorable, after all.

"She might be. Hard to tell, given how stubborn you actually are yourself." Kahlil chuckled a little. He did not look forward to the day they had a true argument with one another, that was for certain.

Keshi
div-orange.png

"But Aris, look how cute they areeee." Vera grinned and held a larger, chonky cat out towards him. The cat, however, made no attempt to lick Aris and merely leaned in closer with the top of its head to rub against Aris' cheek for affection.

It was cute, really, and even Vera dropped her desire to mess with her brother to just enjoy the animals and their need for love.

"How stubborn I am, hm?" Valery squinted just a little and bumped her hip into his side. She was very much stubborn, but this was always going to be their little game to play. Never in her life, would she admit such a thing openly.

Especially not with Colette around.

"You love it, really."

"Cute kitty..." Aurra said as she crawled over to sit besides Colette. Aeryn and Adam were playing with the more energetic cats somewhere, but Aurra was more interested in being with her big sister. She seemed similarly gentle with animals, so Aurra really looked up to her.

"So cute." Colette agreed and gently extended her finger towards the tiny little creature to let it smell her. "But also so small and fragile."

The kitten sniffed the tip of Colette's finger with a curious stutter before it gently stuck it's mouth onto it and began to try and suck on it which was enough for Colette to glee for just a moment. This cat had chosen her, it was hers and hers alone.

"Try it." She said to Aurra and encouraged the kid to slowly reach out towards the cat. "Just like with the big bird, okay? We want it to know that we're a friend, and to make its mother know that we mean no harm."

As Aurra reached into the cage, the kitten was gripped by a newfound sense of curiosity. It instantly stopped whatever it was doing with Colette and set its sights on this second weird-looking non-food-dispensing little digit. It sniffed the finger, gently nibbled on it and then stopped so that it could sit back and tilt its head in confusion.

"I think this one likes you as well."

Keshi
div-orange.png

"Nibbles!" Aurra giggled when the little kitty nibbled on her finger. It was a funny feeling and the way it sat back to look at her just made the little Noble even more excited. But, unlike her siblings, she was able to contain it and pulled her finger back so the kitty had its space again. She didn't want to upset Nibbles, after all.

"Mommy, daddy!" Aeryn came waddling in fast with a fat cat running after her. In a friendly way, but others were starting to follow as well.

"...it's like Vera and her Racyon army all over again..." Valery said with a sigh.

Last edited:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

"That's a great name!" Colette whispered to Aurra and gave her a friendly nudge. "If we get to keep him, that's what we should name him, and you will be his new godmother. Okay?"

The elderly woman merely smiled at the interaction between the two girls and turned back towards Kahlil with an equally warm smile. She loved to see these little critters bring people together, and from the sight of this family it was clear that they were very keen on adoption but also more than that knowledgeable on the topic.

"Oh, usually it'd be around a thousand credits, but I can't help but notice how happy the little guy makes your daughters, and it reminds me of me and my own sister when we were that young…" She let out a wistful sigh. "How about a eight hundred credit sum? Half now, and then the little guy has to stay here with me for a little while longer to wean him and get him vaccinated. After that I'll call you and we can settle the rest?"

Colette willfully ignored that they were putting value to a life just this once since it was in her own admittedly selfish interest to do so. She looked at Aurra and then the cat.

"Nibbles the Cat." She nodded approvingly with Aurra. "Our very own little baby boy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom