Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Time

olga-antonenko-mountains-matte-update.jpg

Keshi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

Valery was on the edge of her seat because of how excited she was.

Vera of all people was meanwhile piloting the Bastion down towards Keshi's surface — she had been here once before, so she knew the way. Her Mother's hometown was in the middle of a large valley, close to a lake and very remote. It was peaceful, and if they didn't already have a beautiful home on Niv Hani, Valery would have offered this as a place to live and raise their kids. Right now, she was glued to the window and smiled when she saw her hometown appear. She hadn't been raised there, really, but it still felt familiar.

Especially after learning more about her parents and how much they had loved her.

"Let's start in town, and then head up the mountains from there, hm?" Valery asked with a smile, while Vera began to take them down. Soon, she'd be sharing something with the family that she had even kept from Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . Only Vera knew because of her visions, but she had made a deal with the Little Star not to say a thing.

It was going to be a fun little surprise.

Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

If she focused on her stomach she could feel the way last nights' meal swayed back and forth and squished and sloshed in the acids contained within. It wanted to escape through her throat, but she denied it. Colette kept her eyes closed and focused on her meditation. She was in the present, and the present was with her. There was nothing beyond her immediate surrounding that could influence her and make her any more nauseous than she already was.

Spaceflight still attacked her senses all at once. It always had and it always would. She would remain in this state until the ship touched down, and it was for the better if she kept it that way. At least unless the rest of the Noble family wanted a swift deposit of vomit all over the floor of the cockpit.

As the ship touched down and Colette felt that final shake she gave it a few more seconds until she finally opened her eyes again and withdrew from her mind.

She had shown Valery her home, and now Valery was showing Colette hers.

Although hopefully they didn't end in the same way.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil had, for the most part, stayed with Valery. But concern was always part of him. He checked in, very briefly, with the meditating Colette, but didn't dare disturb her. There were some things he was still learning about her. This was one of those things. He knew from Valery she had some trouble with space flight, but seeing it for himself was a different thing. He let out a sigh as he returned back to Valery, giving her a brief smile.

"Yes, we can start there. Is she really alright?"

Colette Colette | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Keshi
div-orange.png

"She'll be okay, but she very much prefers to keep her feet on solid ground." Valery smiled faintly, and helped the triplets get out of their seats, so they could all storm outside and get a first look at their Mom's homeworld. To avoid troubling the natives, Vera had parked the Bastion some distance away, so all they saw were endless trees, green grass and beautiful flowers. Beyond it, mountains and waterfalls.

It was almost mystical, and Valery felt just a little proud over it.

"You ready, Colette? We're going to first head into town, where I have a little surprise for all of you. We can drop off stuff we don't need there too, and then head up into the mountains."

Valery got up to her feet and reached for her husband's hand, "Today is going to be something special, love."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

If Keshi was a perfectly mundane wonder to the others, then it was a positively huge miracle to Colette who had only seen so many things in her life. She saw the flowers and the waterfalls and it was like stepping into a fairytale.

"Of course." She said to answer Valery's question. The kid soaked up the whole environment around her with wide eyes. "This place is so green!"

She had never thought there could be so much green in the whole galaxy. Or well, no, actually she could imagine that. The galaxy was huge and Keshi was such a small part of it. The girl leaned down to touch the grass. She took a deep breath as soon as they were out of the ship's exhaust.

"I can't wait to climb that mountain." She saw a mountain, she pointed to it. "Can we go there?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ahh. Doesn't have her space legs, then."

It was a good thing they had an actual home now instead of living on the Bastion as he used to. Colette certainly wouldn't have liked that if this was often how space made her feel. He understood it, of course, but did make him somewhat sad. Being a spacer was a huge part of his life, after all. "But, first whatever it is Valery has as a surprise. She certainly went to great lengths to keep me from knowing, so I'm sure she's been looking forward to telling us. Then we go on the hike, yeah?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette

Keshi
div-orange.png

"Not quite, but maybe with time, she'll get used to it." Kahlil did have a particular love for flying around and enjoying that kind of freedom. Ever since they had gotten kids, there was a lot less time for long trips though, and she knew he'd rather be with his children, than out and about on his own.

Turning back to Colette as they all left the ship, Valery just couldn't stop smiling. She seemed incredibly happy and amazed about what she saw here, and Valery couldn't blame her. A lot of places in the Galaxy were terrible, and they had their discussion about that before, but Keshi played into the hope and fantasy that there was a lot of beauty as well.

"We can go up there. I've never been there before, but the locals here have been hiking for thousands of years. We'll find our way." She nodded, and looked down as the triplets charged out to roam around Colette. Only Aurra stayed behind — she wanted to be with Aris for now.

"Yeah, let's go tell them, Mom!" Vera added, and Valery simply dipped her head while she guided the way towards town. Having been there before, it didn't take long for the locals to recognize her, though they seemed a little surprised at how much bigger the family was. Last time, it had just been Valery, Kahlil and Vera.

"See that farm over there? That's where I was born. It looks different now than it did back then, but that's it." Valery turned to her family, and waited for everybody to gather around.

And the grass, and the air, and the flowers, and the smells, and the feeling of digging her fingers into the dirt…

Colette was ecstatic with all that she was seeing and she hoped that this marvel at experiencing new worlds would never end. She brushed the dirt off on her sleeveless top and followed behind the others as they walked through the landscape.

But then they came to a stop to look at some sort of farmstead. Colette stepped up to look at it. It was Valery's old home.

"Wow…" Colette marveled. "... It's ancient!"

"I mean, for being thousands of years old it's in great shape!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris glanced down to Aurra for a moment, then just plucked her up to sit on his shoulders. He'd certainly entertain his younger siblings when they wanted his attention, after all.

Kahlil snickered just a little at what Colette said, though. It could be taken the wrong way if they thought about it. Which he certainly didn't so Valery wouldn't glare at him. No thoughts like that at all. "It's a farming world. The warriors here fight to keep the others safe, since farmers are usually the type who're taken advantage of."

Keshi
div-orange.png

Valery snickered at Colette's response and only glared at her husband for a short moment, "Well, I'm quite sure they've renovated it a few times, but the design is still the same." Not much changed about this town in general. Everything was in balance, so it grew at a very slow rate, and mostly felt stagnant. In this case though, that balance felt peaceful to Valery.

Not every town needs to turn into a huge city.

"That said, this is as good as place as any to mention the little surprise I have. It's... not really related to the trip, but something far more important." She smiled, and looked at each part of her family. Her beloved husband, Vera and Aris, the triplets, who were crawling around their older siblings, and of course Colette as well. Valery's hand then shifted to her stomach, and she couldn't stop a few happy tears from filling her eyes.

"Our family is going to get just a little bigger." She looked up into Kahlil's eyes and smiled. "I'm pregnant."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil snorted. It wasn't intentional, but he didn't expect that response from Colette in the slightest. Again. How could he not end up laughing. It was only the third time, technically. But for him, he was all smiles. This was the news he was honestly waiting for at this point. They'd already decided they'd try again.

"A hike isn't a problem. She's pregnant, not disabled. We do have to be mindful, but a hike certainly isn't going to be a danger."

Keshi
div-orange.png

"... Again?!"

While Kahlil snorted, Valery just blinked and held out her arms to pull Colette into a tight hug. She was definitely on the emotional side now, and once the triplets ran over for hugs too, she couldn't stop a few happy tears from running down her cheek. Support from her family with this was the most important, especially after going through one difficult pregnancy with Vera. This time, she'd have a lot of love around her.

"It'll be okay," Valery said after Kahlil reassured them about the hike. "C'mere though." Valery stretched an arm out towards her husband, and pulled him into the big family hug as well.

Vera just watched from a little distance, and looked at Aris with a smile, "We're going to get a new little brother to protect, Aris. Exciting, huh?" she asked before looking back at her Mom. It felt nice to see her this happy.

"I'm going to still be at the Temple for training because physical activity is very good, as long as it's comfortable. But I'll be avoiding anything dangerous. So... more time at home, too." Which she hoped would be with them around her as much as they could. They were all still Jedi, so she understood if they got busy, but the more support she had from her family, the easier it would all be.

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was a big ol' hug. Kahlil, currently the largest, easily could hug them all at once and did so. He was excited. A boy. And thankfully not another set. And again he had to stop himself from laughing. Colette was already figuring a name, huh? "Göran, huh? Sounds like a barbarian if I'm being honest." He snickered as he stepped back to give them some space.

"Could be nice, though."

Aris just nodded. He was very clearly trying to sort out his own thoughts on it, rather than speak up or say something he might not actually mean. He knew it was a good thing, but as ever he wanted to take his time in figuring out how exactly he felt.

Though he couldn't hide the slightly excited smile he had. This would be the first time he was here for a baby.

Keshi
div-orange.png

Valery clearly appreciated the hug and attention from her family. Pregnancy was a beautiful thing if the parents were ready for it, but it also came with its challenges and risks. Especially for someone who had as many enemies as she did. The support of every part of this family would make it not only easier, but something more special, too.

She sniffled a little after a moment of enjoying their warmth, then chuckled when Colette threw around some names, "We'll be thinking about names. I'm... a little picky with it." She snickered, then looked over at Aris for a moment. It made sense to her that he was a little quiet, and she would allow him time to think on his own.

But he could not escaoe hug time.

Walking over, Valery wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close for just a moment, "I'm going to need your help too, sweetie. But I will also keep up with our training as much as I can, for as long as I can." She chuckled, and while she still could, ruffled his hair a little.

"Why don't we go hiking before I end up crying all day, hm?"

Valery? Picky? Noooo…

Colette laughed for a moment before they separated. Given the track record the kid would probably have a name that started with A. Alexander, Anders, Aorta, there were a lot of A names out there. Aris, Aurra, Adam, Aeryn, in essence the evidence pointed to something with a heavy 'Ar' or "Ah" sound. Colette continued to think on it…

… Until Valery nudged them to set off on the hike already.

"Of course. I just hope you guys are ready." She said and grinned at the apparently pregnant woman. "You guys might have done this for exercise and as a fun activity, but I've lived for hiking."

"... Wouldn't wanna have to leave you behind…"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris didn't hesitate to return the hug as Valery pulled him in. He was excited. He wasn't going to say anything yet, but he was very excited. Though, he hadn't even thought about training. That was a whole other aspect of this he'd have to figure out. But right now he nodded in agreement. The hike would be good to go for.

Kahlil, though, snickered as he glanced towards Colette.

"You know we're the ones that are going to have to keep up with Valery."

Keshi
div-orange.png

Colette spoke like a true Noble — full of confidence, and always challenging.

"Leave us behind, huh?" Valery squinted at her and stepped away from Aris to accept the challenge. "I might be pregnant, but this is my world, and I'm going to reach the top of whichever mountain you pick." She grumbled a little, only for Kahlil to make a comment that drew that fiery gaze to him.

"Keep up with me, huh? What's that supposed to mean, babe?" She looked at him with a dangerous grin, and then finally pointed ahead at the mountain. "Let's go, and I'll show you all." There was nothing in the Galaxy that was going to slow Valery Noble down, and with all these challenges and pokes coming her way, she was determined to show them.

Meanwhile, Vera just blinked at her Mom, and then looked up at her Dad, "You know what you did." She chuckled, and followed after her Mom, while the triplets took her pointing ahead as a signal to run.

"...not too fast, sweeties!" Valery called after them, not because keeping up was hard, but because they'd get themselves tired this way. Hiking up the mountains was one thing, but having to carry the triplets at the same time would make it a lot more demanding.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Oh, really, you think so?" Colette challenged Kahlil along with Valery. "Awfully possessive of her, don't you think so, Kahlil?"

The teenager feigned a scoff at the mere insinuation and sped up to put herself in front of Valery with a taunting shrug and brush off her shoulder. This was a matter of Valery's pride, and Colette had absolutely no issue chipping at it. It would serve someone who named themselves after an implement of death well to have their ego checked every once in a while. Really, it was just a padawan's civic duty.

"Now, I have to warn you, Valery…" Colette grinned yet again as she kept her master's pace, going backwards. "Those gray hairs you'll find in a few years? It's okay if you want us to take it a little bit slow 'for the kids' if you want…"

"I'll just take the lead now... Like I will then, alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom