Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Time on Kesh

Evania's fragile little mind couldn't handle that. She glanced up at Solan and Feena, tears streaming down her face. "I'm gonna die?" she asked, running over to cling to her father's leg. She didn't know what to do or what to say. She simply buried her face in the cloth of his pants and cried. She glanced up after a few moments and looked up to her daddy again. "I don't wanna die... I just got my daddy back. I don't wanna die!" she whined, still sobbing. [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"] [member="Feena Mason"]

His eyes and mind left the world for half a second before anger shot into him at a rate where his body started to pale and his eyes grew to become amber but the girls words and her hands shook him from the rage immediately. His own eyes dropped from rage into sorrow and he started to kneel down and look at her face as he hugged her tight and stared at the back of his eyelids. He would say nothing but simply hold his daughter and breath in. A Death sentence... his daughter would end like her mother, two people claimed by the same disease.

The Eternal Queen
"I'm sorry."

She felt the weight of her own words crash down onto this tiny family. All the hope they had been saving while they made the trip to her, stolen in a matter of seconds. And Feena could only watch, because she could not bring herself to lie to them. Lying was worse than the death sentence.

"My husband felt the same," she said quietly, "When I was given my diagnosis too."

[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Evania Charr"]

He just sat there and said nothing as he tried to calm down his daughter, staring at the top of her head and swallowing as he glanced over at Feena and stared. In his eyes wasn't anger though, simply sorrow and understanding as he knew her words meant she retained the same disease that his daughter did. His hand moving through his daughter's hair slowly as he thought for a few seconds before speaking. "You are absolutely sure there is no cure Feena...?"

Evania's knees buckled beneath her and she fell into her father's lap. She sobbed for quite awhile, burying her face in his chest causing a large wet spot to appear on his shirt. The little Vahla had no idea what to do. She had already led such a trouble life, and this death sentence as Feena called it, had seemed to shatter what was left of the fragile happiness she had acquired when she found Solan. Evania glanced up at her daddy, trying to ignore the sadness in his eyes. She didn't want to make her daddy sad, but it seemed that she had. [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
"Would you prefer a lie?" Feena asked softly, leaning heavily on the throne, "For me to say it will all be okay? Or do you want to know what is really happening to give you time to prepare?"

She stared at [member="Solan Charr"] , ice cold silver staring daggers into him. She wanted to snap, say something mean, but she simply lacked the energy. She just wanted to go lay down...

"If there was a cure, don't you think I would have already used it for me? My family had spent a fortune trying to find a cure. Six months to live, they gave me. That was six years ago. I can treat it, but cure? No."

[member="Evania Charr"]

He sighed and closed his eyes as he continued to hold his daughter close to him before staring at the back of his lids and speaking. "So i will help you. There is always a cure, there is always a way to fix this and it has to be possible..." He looked up at her as he was sure and was now almost begging in his gaze alone. "Please, if you die before her i can no longer get her treated if anything goes wrong. Please ill do what ever it takes but you have to find a cure Feena, i know there has to be one." He forced all his emotions down right now, focusing only on that one thing.

The Eternal Queen
Her fate was now tied to this tiny child crying in front of her. No. It was too late for her. Feena had accepted it. But the child was still in the early stages. Perhaps...

"I will... try again," she relented at last, "I will check over my notes. See if I missed something. If there is a way, I will find it. I promise."

...More work. Wonderful. She might just die from stress before the disease even had a chance to kill her. Even so, she managed a smile. Children were her soft spot.

[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Evania Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom