Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Time on Kesh

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Evania, nothing is more important than your family, always remember that ok?" He smiled at her as he sat up too and finished fixing her hair for her as he sat there with her. Making sure than nothing was sticking out too much before he paused and smiled. His hands pulling up her hair and then pulling it over her face as he nodded. "I like this look, im sure everyone else will like it too, no?" He laughed as he looked at the obscured face of his daughter that was surely hidden behind the hair that retained its red color. "And what do you want to do Angel?"

Evania giggled as Solan pulled her hair in front of her face. She shook her head so that her hair was no longer obstructing her vision and bit her lip, thinking for a minute. Her stomach answered for her as it gave a growl loud enough to wake the dead. She smiled up at Solan, "Food would be nice... I'll race you to the kitchen." Before Solan could even respond Evania had leaped off her bed and began sprinting down the halls of the palace to the kitchen. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Hey don-." He didn't finish the sentence before she was running through the halls and he laughed to himself as he started off after her, the slow movements echoing down it. He loved that his daughter was so happy these days and full of life. That ghost she used to be gone with the exception of at night when she was alone and it made him sad to see her like that all the time. it was probably a hundred times worse when he left the planet and it made him worry that if he ever left for too long that she might become that person once more, the one that was abandoned and alone for half her life.

"I win!" she called back down the hallway as she stood outside the door to the kitchen. She waited patiently for her slowpoke father to reach the door, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet as she waited for him. The little girl was debating how easy it would be for her to talk whoever was working in the kitchen to make her a cake. It was her birthday today, though... Now that she thought about it, she hadn't actually told Solan. She had just assumed because he was her father he would know her birthday, even though he hadn't been there for any of them. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He looked at the ones in the kitchen with a smile and a nod of respect to them. He walked up behind Evania and smiled down at her as he stared at the people in there with a smile. He never talked down to any of them and he found it better they see him as one of them, not a god or great man like the Sith had required. IT was juvenile to request such things to boost his ego. "So Evania, what do you want to eat, im sure we can get something for you made."

"Cake! It's my birthday today!" the ten year old called cheerfully. She giggled as Solan picked her up and placed her on the counter. Evania had a pretty big sweet tooth and could be frequently seen harassing the kitchen staff for cookies and such. Most of the cooks had taken a liking to her though, as she would always try to help them with whatever treat she had asked them to make. She knew a little bit about cooking thanks to her mother, who had taught Evania to cook when she was fairly young to due her illness sometimes making such a simple thing impossible for her. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"You and i both know you cant have cake as a meal there Evania... and it your birthday?" He looked at her and stared at her for a few moments before looking at her and thinking for a few long moments. "Im sorry i didn't know Evania. I would have had them set something up for you..." He looked at his daughter as he didn't even think about asking her when her birthday was. Something he should have asked Evania long ago, but he barely even cared about his own that thinking about it never came to mind.

"Can I steak... and cake?" Evania asked hopefully. She shrugged at his comment about planning something for her birthday. "I've never really done much for my birthday. Mom could never afford presents for me, but if she was feeling well and we had the money she'd get stuff to make me a small little cake. Don't feel bad for not knowing." Evania replied, still smiling up at him. Solan had already done enough for her, she wouldn't expect him to make a big deal out of her birthday. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He laughed. "Ill have a cake made for you later but cake is not a meal. The Steak is something that can be done though and is very much so a meal in its own regard so how about we help them make one sense it is your birthday." He smiled at his daughter, it had been a long time since he had gotten to make a meal with someone without the aid of the Palace's staff, he wondered if he would burn it before he even got around to making it correctly.

Evania smiled and hopped of the counter. "Yay! Steak!" she cheered, running over to the fridge and searching through it for a package of nerf steaks. "Can you make mine the way they did the first time I had one? Where it was still really red in the middle? It was so good that way!" Evania practically begged as she carried the package over to counter by the stove and set it down. She grabbed a chair and dragged it over to counter before climbing on top of it. She was rather short for her age, so she had a little trouble reaching things sometimes when she tried to help out in the kitchen. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He laughed as she worked and got the steaks out. His eyes watching and studying what she did while he started working on getting the fire going in the grill that was kept in the kitchen. It took him a few seconds to get it going. "Careful Evania i dont need you getting hurt right now. I already forgot about your birthday... or rather never thought to learn when it was." He looked down at her and helped her up onto the chair as she brought it over. "Plus, if you got hurt i can't teach you how to do the trick with fire today. Do you want to learn?"

"Yeah! Show me! Show me! Show me!" she replied eagerly. The young Vahla was always eager to learn, especially when it came to controlling her pyrokinesis. The talent used to scare her and make her think she's abnormal or that something was wrong with her, but now she loved having it. The little redhead eagerly awaited her father's instructions as she balanced carefully on her chair. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Calm down Evania before you fall out of your chair. We need to get your steak cooked first ok?" He loved how excited his daughter got but sometimes he really wished she would calm down so that he could talk to her without her over reacting like she did. He really hoped he would not remain this hyperactive, because if she did he was going to have a hard time. It wasn't that he didn't love seeing her happy but he honestly didn't know how to deal with her with her like this.

Evania nodded, calming down a bit. She was prone to getting overexcited now that she wasn't afraid of showing emotion, and she had someone around who actually took an interest in spending time with her and teaching her. She stayed balanced on the chair and looked up at her father. "Okay, so what do we do now?" she asked, reaching for the pack of unopened steaks that she had placed on the counter. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He watched her and placed a hand on her shoulder to keep her in her chair and make sure she didn't fall out of the chair. "Hey. Stop that missy. You are going to fall out of your chair if you keep doing that." He smiled down at her and pulled her hair out of her face. "First you need to go wash your hands Evania... Come on, you know you dont work with food before washing them. That is how you get sick." He looked at her and motioned with his head over to the sink and for one of the kitchen attendants to help her while he unpackaged the steaks.

Evania nodded and hopped down from the chair. She raced over to the sink and one of the kitchen employees, lifted her up so she could reach the sink. Once her hands had been washed, she dried them off and walked, as calmly as she could, back over to Solan. She very carefully climbed onto the chair again, avoiding touching it was her hands, and smiled up at her daddy. "Okay! Now what?" the little Vahla asked, staring the steaks eagerly. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan watched her move with as much caution as she could and then climbed up without touching the seat. It was rather entertaining and a bit endearing seeing her acting like that and only when she spoke did he stop smiling at his daughter. "Well now we cook it. There really isn't a thing i can say past that Evania..." He had no idea how to teach her how to cook it so it was hard to say alot as his hands moved to put the meat onto the hot surface of the grill.

Evania nodded. She watched her dad set the steaks on the grill, trying to figure out if there was anything else she needed to remember if she wanted to be able to cook this later. After a few moments of silent observation, Evania began to cough. She quickly threw her hands over her mouth and climbed down from her chair. She went to go wash her hands, unaware of the small streak of blood left on the chair where one of her hands had touched it after her coughing fit. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He looked at his daughter go to wash her hands before turning his head back to the steak but stopping as he saw something. The blood as it was remaining where it had been. He stared for a few seconds before his eyes returned to staring at Evania and he spoke. "Evania... are you ok?"

While he talked to her someone would take over cooking the meat for him. He had to be more focused on his daughter in that moment though as he walked over to her as she was washing her hands and he caught the sight of more blood as his eyes hardened. "Evania?"

"I'm f-fine. It's just a cough, that's all. It'll go away. My throat's probably just hurt from c-coughing so much and that's why I coughed up a little blood," Evania replied, stuttering a bit. It was obvious she was trying to hide something from him. She finished washing her hands and turned back to her father. "We should go back to cooking dinner, and cake! It's my birthday!" [member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom