Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Time on Kesh

[member="Evania Charr"]

"That's not just a cough. How long has this been happening Evania?" He held her and knelt down as his hands pushed her hair out of the way. Running a hand to her cheeks he stared at her to check her pupils and he wanted to make sure it wasn't something he could fix. He didn't know alot about healing but he knew someone that did and if he could not fix this, she could. For now though he would see what it was that he could determine about this.

"A year... I think," Evania finally replied after a long pause. She knew if she didn't tell him he would just pester her until she gave in. The little Vahla had only hidden it because she didn't want to distract him from his work. She knew how hard it was to take care of someone with her illness, it was the someone her mother had had. She didn't want distract him from something that was more important than her. The lives of the people of Kesh were more important than her sickness. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He stared at her and shook his head as he could not determine any illness he knew of. But he would be damned if that was going to stop him. "I don't know what this is, or how to fix it, but i am going to bring you to someone that does no what is happening. Evania, in the future i want you to please understand one thing. There is no one in this galaxy more important to me than you, if ever there is something that hurts or you need my help with please tell me. And if you are ever sick, i want to know right away... i don't want to lose you. I promise you will get the steak when we get back, and your cake, two cakes maybe. But for now we need to get you to my friend."

"Yes Daddy... I'm sorry," Evania replied, hanging her head. She reached up wipe a bit of blood from her lips. Mid motion, she was overcome by another coughing fit. This time the fit was violent enough that she hunched forward and clung to her dad's shirt. By the time her fit was over there was a decent splattering of blood on the front of his shirt. Evania whimpered softly as she went to wash her hands again. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Evania..." He held her as she coughed and whimpered. She was so worried about making him happy it almost made him feel pity that he had just kind of yelled at her. "Evania, come on, after we clear your hands were leaving now." His hands moved to help her clean up her hands before removing his shirt and handing it to her. "Once i get another shirt we will go. Us this one to cough into my angel." He looked at her and moved her hair again before waiting for her response.

Evania nodded, clutching bloody shirt and staring down at the floor. She followed him down the hall until she reached her room. The child grabbed a small bag and threw some clothes into it. She had no idea where they were going or how long they'd be staying there so she felt she should back some clothes just in case. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He came into her room and looked at Evania, his hand coming to her shoulder as he helped her with her bag. "Do you want me to carry you Evania?" He looked at her from where he stood, he wanted to protect his daughter and he felt helpless because of a disease. It was the one thing he could not fight, the thing he could not see, he hated this feeling of uselessness and he wanted to hold his daughter and make sure she knew it was ok.

"You don't have too... But you can if you want too," Evania replied, throwing the strap of her bag over her shoulder. She was ten years old and getting a little too big to be carried all the time, but she still enjoyed it when he father did carry her. Probably because she had never had a parent capable of doing such things for her, it was nice. She smiled up at him again, before raising his shirt to her mouth and coughing again. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He smiled and scooped her up, holding her close and heading straight for the personal hanger inside the palace. It would have his dark harvester there, held and ready to go as he click a botton on his datapad. He wanted to ensure that she would not be hurt by what ever was happening and the blood scared him as all the diseases he knew involving that were either fatal or near fatal. He stared at her face as she burried it and coughed again, sad to see her like this.

Evania cuddled against his chest, smiling a little as he carried her. She enjoyed the feeling of being cradled in her father's strong arms. It made her feel safe, warm, and loved. All of those were feelings that she didn't have often, so she cherished them more than most ten year olds would. She could see and feel her father's concern and it made her smile falter a bit as she cuddled closer to him. He carried her onto the ship, and she glanced around at the interior of it. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He placed her down in the chair beside him, making sure she was secured and making sure he had a medical droid on board before going back to her and straightening out her hair as he knelt there. "Now Evania, this friend of mine is not as relaxed as the others, so please don't be as active as you are with someone like Taeli or Seanna. Ok?" He looked at her eyes and make sure she had the shirt nearby so that if she had to cough again she wouldn't have to worry about making a mess. They would get there quick enough, but he wanted to make sure his daughter was ok for the entire trip even if he would be right beside her.

"Okay daddy, I'll be calm," she replied, nodding at him. Her hand clutched his shirt while she sat in the chair. Holding onto him helped her stay calm. Evania wanted to panic. She didn't know how to feel now that her father knew she was sick. The young girl could see the worry on his face as well as feel it and she didn't know how to calm him down. She tried to smile up at him again. "You don't have to worry so much you know. I'm strong! Like you and my... my mom. I'll be okay." She told him, glancing over at the medical droid. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"I know Evania, you are stronger than me and your mom... but i still want to make sure you are ok and until then its my job to worry about you. Im your dad and thats just how i am ok?" He swallowed and smiled as he looked at her, staring for a few moments while his hands worked at getting the ship started up. It didn't take long for it to start up but he still looked at her every so often to make sure she was still ok. He could sense that feeling of wanting to panic and it made him a bit sad to see her like that. She was going to be fine he had to tell himself several times as the ship was leaving the atmosphere.

Evania moved as close to her father as she could and rested her head against his shoulder as he drove the ship. She coughed a few more times, but there was no blood this time. The little girl was feeling sleepy though, and she could feel her eyes closing as she leaned against Solan. After a few minutes the little girl was asleep again with her head on her father's shoulder. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He looked at her as she collapsed against his shoulder more or less and smiled as he waited for the ship to be shot into hyperspace before getting up. Now that they were in hyperspace there shouldn't be any need to be in a seat and strapped in. Unclasping the locks he picked her up slowly and made sure he had the shirt. His hands held her close as he moved through the ship to the personal chambers of his and headed into them. Inside was books, datapads, the normal things that Solan associated himself with. But most importantly was the bed that was there. Moving over to it he would reach out and lay Evania on it slowly, still making sure she had the shirt.

Evania almost immediately curled into a ball when her father laid her on the bed. She felt around for a blanket, still half asleep, and pulled it over her. One hand was up by her face, her thumb in her mouth. It was a habit she had never grown out of, sucking her thumb while she slept. The little Vahla's hair was hiding most of her face with the way it had fallen, and she looked almost peaceful even if she was curled up in a ball. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan sat at the edge of the bed with his hand on her shoulder. They had a long trip and it would not end any time soon so he sat there with her. It had been a while since he needed sleep often so he probably would not get it during the trip. Especially knowing that she was sick and he had to make sure that she was not going to get into a worse condition as time went by. His hands moved to remain softly on her shoulder but he did move it for a moment in order to push her hair behind her ear once more. He smiled at her sleeping form as for that moment she seemed peaceful.

Evania stayed in one position for a bit before rolling onto her back, one arm was curled around her head while the other rested over her chest with her thumb still in her mouth. She continued to move, tossing and turning often as she slept. The little girl moved around so much she managed to make the sheet come untucked and begin sliding off the bed. No matter what though she managed to keep a hold on the blanket that covered her. [member="Solan Charr"] ((She sleeps like I do IRL))

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan just watched her and made sure that as much as she moved and tossed about that she didn't fall. That would be a problem if she fell, and not one he would like to visit and see if something happens. So if at ever a time when this became a possibility he would reach over and make sure she stayed on the bed before turning his eyes back on the wall and waiting. She was a bit active even in her sleep and he had to wonder for a moment if all children were like that including himself back when he was this young. Maybe not but she was certainly an enigma then.

Evania managed to turn completely around so her head now rested near his leg. One arm was curled under head as a pillow and the blanket was still over her, but the sheet was almost completely off of the bed now, with only Solan holding it on in any spot. She snored softly and continued to sleep soundly, unaware of her father's presence in such a deep slumber as the one she was currently experiencing. [member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom