Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Time on Kesh

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan looked at the papers and datapads lain across his desk as he tried to decipher the many things that passed his eyes. The Amber orbs cutting through the glass and studying what he had before him while he sat there, rubbing his forehead. He was at his desk alot more lately, working on projects, handling the business of those that made up Kesh's leadership he had put in place. He wondered for a moment what Evania was doing though, having not had the time to spend with his daughter lately.

Since he was so busy lately, Evania had frequently stolen her father's weapon of choice from wherever he had seen fit to leave it when he didn't need it. At first it was extremely heavy and she could barely hold it, let alone swing it. After weeks of training, both with weights and trying to lift the scythe itself, she finally was able to swing it around for a short period of time. Evania stole the scythe from the throne room and rested it against her shoulder as she carried it down the hall. It was difficult and awkward to hold, being so much larger than her, but she was determined to show her dad that she could handle such a weapon. Maybe if he caught her training one day and saw how good she was doing, he'd finally agree to have a smaller, simpler version made for her.

She opened the door to the small training room her father had given her permission to use for improving her skill with the daggers and knives she carried. She quickly activated a droid and began sparring with it. She blocked a few strokes of the blunted blade it held with the shaft of the scythe before finally going on the offensive. The scythe moving in simple, but effective sweeping stroke as she fought back against the training droid. She wondered, briefly, how the employees in the palace explained all the shattered droids to her father. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan leaned back in the chair as he looked to the side and saw that one of the training rooms was registering the sparring simulators activated. "That is weird... i dont remember anyone scheduled for the training rooms today... Is Kor getting in some extra time." He stood up and brushed himself off as he put the datapad in his hands down. He wanted to know what it was that was going on now and so he grabbed the blade he used these days, a sword with a slightly curved blade to it. IT wasn't anything special but it had a rather nice blade in which he could still deliver the power the Scythe delivered but there was also the speed it offered.

His eyes ran over the corridor as he passed the throne room and noticed something different. The Scythe he used to use was missing, its place now over the throne itself. That was odd...His feet kept moving until he reached the door, keying it open and moving into the room to stare at what was going on.

Evania had several of the droids activated now. She was getting a pretty decent work out this time, and she had managed to last longer than any other time before. Usually, by this point she'd have dropped to floor exhausted. The young girl grinned as she brought the scythe around in a sweeping stroke that incapacitated two of the four droids she was now facing. Without missing a beat, she pivoted on one foot and kicked another droid that had gotten too close before bringing the small blade at the other end of the scythe up and stabbing the droid. She once again, while swinging the scythe, aiming to destroy the droid behind her... and dropped it when she saw her dad. "Uh... I can explain?" [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

The droid didn't stop though as she dropped the scythe and without hesitation he moved forward, standing over her and protecting her as his sword cut through metal and wires, carving open the droid before he gripped it with the force and slowly crushed it. His breath was held the entire time as he turned to her and dropped his own sword as he knelt down and grabbed her. His hands moved over her face, making sure she was ok frantically and saying nothing as he made sure she hadn't gotten hurt in any way goiing against all four of the droids at once. His arms in the end looped around her as he found she was ok and he squeezed her tight.

There was a small bruise on her arm, and another on her cheek, but other than those, she appeared totally unharmed. She tensed up a bit in surprise when he hugged her, before relaxing and hugging him back. After a few minutes though she wormed her way out of his grasp and looked at the utterly destroyed droid.

"I could have gotten it if you hadn't surprised me. I've gotten really good at fighting multiple droids at one time since I started uh... borrowing... your scythe to practice with. I started off with one... and then two, three, and now four... I've gotten pretty good! They barely left a mark on me! I was thinking... If you made a smaller version of the scythe, with a shorter shaft, and smaller blades... It could be weighted so I can wield it easier... I wanted to practice more before you found out though. I thought... Maybe if I could prove I was good at it, you'd be willing to let me try to design one that would be my size..." Evania explained, grinning nervously and playing with her hair a bit as she spoke. She really hoped he wasn't mad at her. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Evania please done ever sneak off with my scythe ever again. That blade is sharper than anything else you will ever carry and it has something isde it that could kill you if you used the scythe wrong. Please Evania you need to tell me when you do this stuff. You know i let you have time in here to practice with the daggers..." He looked at her bruises and he couldn't help but hug her again, clearly not wanting to let go of her as he knelt there. "Evania... I don't know. You shouldn't have gone behind my back with learning how to use my scythe, i kept it in plain sight thinking you would not touch it."

"I'm sorry... I just thought if I could learn to use it when you said you didn't think I could... It'd make you proud of me. I won't do it again..." Evania replied, now staring down at her feet. She rested her forehead against his shoulder as he hugged her. The young Vahla felt terrible for disobeying him, but at the same time she was proud of how good she had gotten with the weapon, especially with how heavy and large it was. Evania only wanted to be more like her father, which is why she had taken the scythe in the first place. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

"Stubborn... just like me and yyour mother both. You know that right... im not sure which one of us was the worse but you are definitely just like her and me. Evania, its ok, i just wish you had come to talk to me instead of sneaking behind my back and almost getting yourself hurt. I don't even want to know what these bruises were like originally and im sorry for not being around more to know you were doing this... you were good and i am proud of you for doing what you thought was right but you don't need to sneak behind my back to prove it ok?"

His hands came up as he pushed her hair out of the way of her face and he looked at the bruises again with a sigh. He wondered how his mother and father dealt with him if he was so much like Evania. He could only imagine the first time that he had picked up his father or mother's sabers, he didn't even want to know what he tried to do with them, atleast Evania had something to do. "Look Evania, i don't want you to start with the Scythe itself is all, yes you were doing good but such a device is not a weapon of self defense. ITs meant to scare people, not protect you. And i don't even know it i can recreate it. That is why i want yo to train with your knives ok?"

Evania pouted a little, but nodded. She glanced at the spot where the scythe was lying on the floor. She really loved the weapon, and it seemed to do a good job at cutting apart the droids, surely it wasn't as useless as he implied. Maybe she could talk to his dad's friend Taeli next time the woman visited. Evania knew the woman ran some kind of company that made weapons. The woman would likely know how to make a smaller, simpler version of Solan's scythe. It didn't have to be exactly the same, as long as it looked similar and could easily be used by her, she didn't much care. "Okay...".[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He looked at her with a smile and pushed her hair to the side again to make sure it was in place before sitting on the ground and following her gaze. "Do you want to see what it looks like though when you know how to use it like it should be?" He knew she did and if she was that interested in it he would show her what after she was doing what he said would get to do. He was going to make sure she was ready for something like this and until she was he was going to make sure she understood the basics about the weapon. "I am gonna need you to stay out of the way if you want me to show you though."

Evania started to nod, but it was cut off by a loud yawn. Practicing had totally worn her out. She looked dead on her feet now that the small confrontation was over. The little girl instead changed the motion to shaking her head and climbed into his lap. Her head was resting on his shoulder and her eyes were half closed. It was easy to see how much trouble she was having staying awake. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He smiled and laughed as she nearly dropped dead in his hands at how tired she was. Holding her with one hand he reached down and retrieved both the blade and the shaft of the scythe in his hand while he carried her out of the room. A Nearby guard would look at him as he handed him the scythe and smiled still carrying Evania. "Please see to it that it is put back, someone was having a bit of a hard time with it." HE smiled before leaving the blade at his waist as he carried Evania with both hands now. "You know, you didn't have to pretend to be all tired if you just wanted me to carry you back to bed there Evania."

The little girl made a soft snoring sound. She was clutching his shirt with one hand as she slept, her thumb in her mouth like a small child. It was a habit she had never quite grown out of. The young Vahla had fallen asleep almost as soon as she had cuddled up to her father. The little girl felt safe enough to fall asleep in his arms now, where as before she would only sleep in her room, with the lights on, a knife beneath her pillow, and the blanket tucked up under her chin. She really had come along way from the terrified child she had been. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He laughed alittle as she clutched onto his shirt for dear life, the sound under his breath though he simply held her closer in the end. She was so tiny and fragile when she was like this, needing him at all times and he hated that he had to travel and leave her like this. He heard about how she slept when he was not around and he hated to know that she was that terrified at night. Even to the point that Evania had drawn the knife on the wrong person at one time or another. In the end though they kept walking till they got to the room. Slowly he tried to pry her from his shirt to get her into her bed.

Evania stubbornly held onto his shirt, she mumbled at him sleepily. "Don't leave... Every time you go I'm scared you won't come back." The girl was still half asleep and wouldn't remember the words when she woke up from her nap. Had she been awake the sentence never would have left her mouth. After everything that had happened to her in life, it was no surprise that she would have abandonment issues, especially now that she had grown so close to her father. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He looked at her face as she said the words subconciously and for a few long moments he wondered about it before nodding and whispering to his daughter as he lowered himself down beside her. "Don't worry Evania, dad will ever leave you again. I promise you that i will be here for you..." He held his daughter close in her sleep and hummed the tune to the song he knew she loved. Soft and quite he hummed as he held her. He would make sure that she was fast asleep while he held her, not wanting to ever let her go in that moment.

Evania snuggled closer to him, still sucking her thumb. Her head was resting against his chest as she once more began to sleep deeply. She slept without any nightmares for the first time in a long time. She had frequently woken Solan up in the middle of the night, crawling into his bed and snuggling up to him every time she had a bad dream. Sometimes he would stay awake with her for a little bit to talk about what happened in her dream, and he always let her stay there the rest of the night. She slept so much better with him around. After a few hours, she finally woke up, blinking up at him sleepily. [member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

He laid there with her and held her while she slept, his eyes focusing on the ceiling. Unlike his daughter he would in no way be tired or even close to passing out so for the next few hours he merely stayed there beside her and watched the ceiling. There were a few times when he messed with a candle over on a dresser, having kept it there to help Evania at night when he wasn't around, having her practice on it. He knew her abilities were prone to fire alot like many Vahla, even himself. But it was normal for that and he needed to know that she wouldn't harm herself when he was not around. When she woke up he laughed small bit as she looked up at him. "Had a good nap?"

Evania nodded sleepily and slowly sat up. Her hair was a mess and she still looked kind of tired. The little girl combed her fingers through the wild mess of red hair until it was less crazy looking and then smiled at her daddy. "What do you wanna do now?" She asked cheerfully before another thought struck her. "Did I keep you away from work? I'm sorry! You don't need to stay and play with me! I know you have important things you need to be doing right now. I'm sorry." [member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom