Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Family Matters

Becca was whispering and talking to herself, it was perhaps the one trait the young woman had the Faith found highly irritating. "Becca, you're killing me, stop please. Or talk loud enough so I can hear you better"

Becca paused hesitant but, "I'm sorry I . Well. I just never heard Claire mention a brother before. Why wouldn't she?"

Faith looked over her should to where Becca stood, "Remember the family history her parents left Alderaan when my Aunt Maeve was killed. Competition between nobles houses may not make headlines around the Core, but it happens here on Alderaan, even now. I'm sure Claire is protecting her family. I can't be upset over that"

She couldn't she remembered the story her Aunt Rianna told her.

It was an evening for the announcement of Maeve Organa to marry the young Duke from House Panteer. It was to be a grand event at Panteer Castle everyone was invited no matter what their current allegiances. Everyone came. It was quite the shock to House Rist to hear of Maeve engagement, they had plans to make an offer themselves. It was a conspiracy had to be and House Rist would not take it sitting off in a corner.

All the week was spent in celebration

On the final night word had reached their father that war had broken out between several of the noble houses over the alliance made between House Panteer and House Organa. It was rumored that House Thul was making a plan to take the throne from the sitting Queen from House Panteer. When they arrived home from the party soldiers were waiting for them soldiers who wore no house crests. Rianna's father, Faith's grandfather appeared to cooperate but in truth was merely putting them off to give them time to escape through the passages hidden behind the walls.

Their Uncle Claire's father heard about the unrest as he had left the celebration he didn't want to risk his family's lives in another squabbling war between houses. He took nothing from their home except his wife, and children they escaped to Nubia by transport that night.

Rianna's father however stayed and tried escaping through one of the tunnels into the mountains to get to the Lake Cabin and wait out the unrest. The Organa Bannerman accompanied them half way up the mountain but they were ambushed by men in dark clothing no house markings. In all the commotion and shooting Maeve was killed. That moment everything changed. Rianna become the protector of Arianna her remaining sister and when the Jedi came calling her family told her to go for there they felt she would be safe. Arianna remained behind only to be sent to live with the Darklighter family to protect her until she came of age.

It wouldn't be for years when Rianna was an adult they learned which House had been sent to kill them and who had killed Maeve.

So yes if Claire wanted to protect her brother Faith would not fault her for it.

But today Faith would finally meet her cousin Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

New Aldera, Alderaan
Spaceport

House Organa had suffered a long history of hardship.

For as long there had been an Alderaan, and even during a brief period of time there was no Alderaan, Alicio's family had been imperiled. Everyone else remembered the triumphs of House Organa. The moments they shined in the dark history of the galaxy, and helped bring about it's next bright future. They remembered the destruction of Death Stars, the ended wars, the humanitarian aid.

Rarely did they remember the pain. The plots. The tortures. The dark before the ushered light. But Alicio's father never forgot. Alicio himself had been taught at a very young age that bad things came to the Organa Family. That was the reason that House Organa possessed so many heroes in their lineage. They were forced to greatness against their will by a cruel galaxy.

At least, that was what Father had taught him.

Alicio wasn't so sure about his father's wisdom anymore.

The young man stepped off the shuttle at a spaceport in New Aldera, taking in a deep breath of Alderaanian air through his nose. He pulled his black cloak closer to his chest, fastening the gold chain around his collarbone just a bit tighter. After a brief moment to get a feeling for the planet, Alicio gestured behind him. "Ivarra, we must get going. I can't be late for my meeting with Queen Faith."

An older woman with tan skin and dark hair stepped out from behind Alicio, draped in a fancy patterned dress. "This is your cousin, Alicio. Family. She will understand if you are a few minutes behind."

"I don't want to make a poor first impression." Alicio's tone was a little panicked.

"Calm, young master Alicio," Ivarra said, as she walked past him. "Just show her that you care."

Easier said than done, he thought to himself, as he tapped a few buttons on his datapad, alerting whoever would take him to the Queen that he was planetside.

- Faith Organa Faith Organa -

Becca received the notification that Alicio Organa Alicio Organa had arrived and was enroute. She looked to Faith she had been Faith's secretary long enough that she could see the anticipation in her eyes. It was not very often they got to meet a new member of the family.

Faith wondered what would he be like, would he look like Claire, fair haired blue eyes, or like Victoria dark hair brown eyes? She often wondered what Claire's parents looked like they would have been her Great Uncle and Aunt. What was it like to have family so old? Their family seemed destined to die young. She was fortunate something in her father's DNA slowed her aging and kept her young looking but that would fade in time.

Oh why was she thinking about that now? Alicio was on his way!

She smiled,
"I hope he likes tea." She would like wine but for a first meeting it was never good to have wine.

Did he need a security? What was he like? What did he like to do? Where was he living? Did he need help? So many questions...ok now the anticipation was killing her.

"it will be alright" Becca's voice whispered behind her. She looked back appreciative that she noticed her angst.

SOME TIME LATER

Alicio stepped out of a speeder, accompanied by Ivarra soon afterward. He looked up at the palace, biting his lip and frowning. He knew he shouldn't be as nervous as he was. It was like seeing any other family member. Well, if one had never met that family member, due to having been in hiding. And if that family member were the Queen of a planet.

On second thought, Alicio had some reason to be nervous.

Ivarra sidled up to him, grinning. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"I don't know if I can do this," Alicio wrung his hands in front of him. "There are so many things that could go wrong."

"Like what?"

He was quiet for a moment. "She turns me away?"

"In that case, you won't have to be here anymore, anyways. You get your wish." The older woman shrugged, cracking a smile. "But, so many things could go right. I say it's worth it. What do you say, Master Alicio?"

Alicio's inner conflict abated as his bodyguard's words hit him. He nodded, and knocked on the door.

There was a knock on the door. Everyone tensed for a moment Faith could hear the echo of it as it traveled the open entrance way . Faith stood up as if on fire.

Becca laughed,
"I'll go"

Faith nodded but tip toed after Becca trying to catch a glimpse of Alicio Organa Alicio Organa . She felt like a voyeur she should have met him at the House near the Apalis coast that would have been better. But too late now for such after thoughts.

Becca smiled and opened the door, it would have been just as easy to have a guard open it but this was family and there was no need to really put on all the airs of the Household of the Queen. Faith had insisted minimum staff today so she could speak with her cousin.

"Greetings you must be Alicio Organa, please come in, I'm Becca Faith's secretary. Faith is quite excited to meet with you" She felt she needed to tell him he looked a bit like a wolf cat that just had the lights turned on it.

Anxious OH...Faith stepped back into the parlor she didn't want to be THAT person staring at a newcomer.

She ran for the other side of the room as if she had been standing there the whole time, and waited. Her eyes remained on the door.

I got this. No need to be nervous..

"
This way please" Becca led him to the door and knocked, she smiled at Alicio, "Just go in"

After Alicio knocked, he adjusted his coat, trying to work out some of the nervous energy in his fingers. What would she be like? He thought he knew. He'd seen her holorecordings, her perfectly-executed speeches, the flawless way she juggled being both Queen and Senator. She was confident. She was in control. She was noble.

But what if she were different behind closed doors?

Alicio undid a button on his shirt, only to redo it a moment later. Ivarra noticed the nervous tic, and rolled her eyes.

Then, suddenly, the door opened, revealing a woman. Alicio felt his heart sink a moment, then relaxed again as he realized it wasn't his cousin. He nodded to the secretary, forcing an uneasy smile. "Thank you, Becca."

Alicio stepped into the building, with small, measured steps. She was excited to see him? That was a good sign, at least.

He approached the door, which Becca told him to enter. He went to enter, but paused as he put his hand on the doorknob. He looked back to Ivarra, eyes searching for something. The well-dressed bodyguard simply smiled, and gestured with a shooing hand, as if to say 'get on with it'.

I've got this. No need to be nervous.

Alicio opened the door, meekly stepping into the room beyond. It took him a moment to find the Queen, but when he did, all that nervous energy came back tenfold. He froze, stuttering a little.

"I... I... It's good to meet you, my Queen. Uh, Cousin." An awkward half-bow ensued. "My name is Alicio Organa. Which I suppose you already knew."

Great. I blew it already.

Faith absently pulled on the edge of her bodice to make sure it was straight a nervous reflex for certain her wanting to make a good impression on Alicio Organa Alicio Organa .

For a moment they both seemed to be standing in a vacuum their eyes set upon one another he was a lot younger than she expected he didn't have Claire's coloring...interesting. She started to speak at the same time he did she smiled instead looking to the floor and then back up.

From what she could tell they were both nervous.

"I'm Faith, and yes your cousin." She moved across the room to greet him properly, "Welcome home to Alderaan...I'm so excited you are here..." She laughed trying to get her nerves to settle, 'Come...over this way, let us talk and....relax....would you care for drink?"

Wait what did he drink? Should she offer him wine? Was he old enough for wine?

"I'm sorry, I'm so nervous. It isn't every day you meet family for the very first time."

Alicio hadn't known what to expect of Faith in person. He'd guessed a few things. Poise. Confidence. But certainly not nervousness.

The realization was just as shocking to the young noble as it was relaxing. She was nervous? To meet him, of all people? The Queen, who had stared down Sith Lords and Jedi Masters, who spoke in front of billions, was nervous to meet Alicio?

The young Organa felt a smile pull at the corner of his mouth. It was about as happy an expression as he could make. "I would love that," he said, regaining some of his lost confidence.

She called him family. She was family. "I'm feeling similarly, if it isn't obvious," he said in a joking tone, hands folded in front of him, to keep them from straying.

"What sort of drinks do they have in stock here?"

To be entirely honest, in that moment, Alicio would have drank anything put in front of him.

"It wasn't overly obvious but I have most people when they come into the Palace have some expectation of who I am or what I am. I'm just me, I get nervous, I forget words to speeches, I forget when to hold my words, so many flaws I have you couldn't count them all. So, as for the drinks." Faith moved around to the serving cart, "I have tea and cookies...a favorite. And if you are old enough and I'm sorry I didn't think to ask Claire how old you are, we have fine emerald wine. So...how much edge do you need off, tea or wine?"

There wasn't any test associated with her question either what would he choose. No she understood what it was like to stand before someone and wonder if she would be accepted. Did not matter how many times she spoke in the Senate, or to the people here at home her nerves would get the better of her and her concern over their reactions, Faith was nervous.

And now looking at her 'new' cousin she could see in his face that he had begun to understand this too. A half smile which he seemed to want to hide, the folded hands before him no one knows what to do with their hands, that's why she liked pockets.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio had never connected with someone else's experience quite as much as he connected with Faith as she explained her nervousness. It felt like looking into a mirror, as she talked about her social difficulties, difficulties Alicio shared. It showed on his face, as he broke into a full smile, a rare sight for the somber Organa.

He was certainly going to ask her about that.

But first was the question of refreshment.

Alicio pondered the question, wondering what the right answer was. "Ah, I'm twenty-two, so I could drink." He scratched the back of his head. "But honestly, I prefer tea. Herbal, if you have any."

He felt almost guilty asking anything of the Queen. But he was certainly more comfortable now than he was a few seconds ago, and it showed as his posture softened, shoulders dipping from their rigid position.

"Alcohol and I... have our differences. Long story."

He had a million questions he wanted to ask, but they could wait until he had a cup of tea in his hands.

22 she repeated the number in her head, he was young. Oh lord don't let me be that person, the old lady who looks at everyone and sees nothing but youth.

"Tea it is, I love a good cup of tea. Something not too strong but also not so weak that you think its just colored water. This is deychin tea." Faith poured the cup handing it carefully to Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , "Tia Rianna grows some tea at the Greenhouse. She would probably let you have some if you went to visit her. "

Whatever she had done it seemed to help him relax that made her feel good.

"Oh I know about alcohol too. It is wonderful going down sometimes but it can be a terrible monster...on...the uptake. " Yes she tried not to laugh she had spent one too many nights with her cheek pressed to a cold floor. Oh it was a wonder her mother did not shut her away. But then back then the world was different, and ..memories.

"So be comfortable. Are you ok with telling what you have been doing?" She wanted to find out his skills see if she could give him a position to help bide his time. She believed that idle hands often got into more trouble than someone who did not. But what

Alicio took the cup of tea gratefully, letting the comfortable warm temperature radiate into his hands. "Thank you," he said, passing his nose over the rim, and taking a tentative sip. He hummed under his breath, content at the taste, then exhaling out of his nose slightly at the Queen's comments on alcohol. He hoped briefly that they would have time to swap drunken stories during this meeting.

His good mood drained away as Faith asked about his whereabouts, replaced by a forced neutrality. He took another sip from his tea, the corners of his mouth downturned. "There isn't much to say," Alicio stated. "Ever since... that night, my family went into hiding. Nubia, Balmorra, Maridun, even Bakura for a brief period of time, we moved whenever Father thought we might be discovered. Each time I thought I might find joy in a new place, we had to leave."

Alicio looked very sad in that moment. But he continued on anyway, taking on more confidence as he spoke. "My father, mother, and siblings are all still underground, to my knowledge, but I couldn't sequester myself away any longer. I saw the terrible wars being waged across the galaxy. I saw good people, like you, working hard to create a better tomorrow. And I needed to be a part of it."

He took another sip, letting his next thought linger in his head a moment longer. "That's why I wanted this meeting. Not just to see you, although that is a big part of it too."

"I want to help, however I can."

Last edited:
She nodded and smiled, "yes there are so many in need of help. We are currently working on building up Sanctuary City. We very much need someone who can assist with helping the refugees, and getting them relocated." It was something Alderaan was known for doing. She sipped her tea staring at the bottom of her cup. "We also have a concert planned for raising funds" She couldn't help but grin. "It will be a loud affair and who knows who may come"

"Would working at the City with the refugees help, or fund raising, or....something more hands on would any that interest you?"

Faith had intentionally not spoken about his family. Alicio's oldest sister Claire lived in New Crevasse City and often served as Ambassador when called upon. The fact that Alicio thought that she was still in hiding caught her off guard. This meant there had to be a time when the family separated..or...how long ago did Alicio leave them?

I'm so confused right now she thought.
One thing I know I will summon Claire to the palace.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio was glad that the queen didn't dwell on his past. He didn't often like to. He had left his family to have this meeting, so turning his thoughts back to them left a sour taste of guilt in his mouth. Instead, she was looking ahead, as he wanted to, being blissfully unaware of her confusion.

Alicio cupped his tea with his hands, laying it on his lap. "That would be... honestly, better than I could have possibly hoped for. Cultivating a city sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

He knew what it was like to be adrift without a home. To help steward a whole city of people with that shared experience would be a dream come true.

"And I love concerts." Music was something Alicio cared a lot for, in all it's flavors.

"I feel I must warn you I'm still studying. Just transferred to the University of Alderaan, actually. So I am... monstrously new to this." His grey eyes grew stormy with determination. "But if you give me the chance to prove myself, I will do the family proud."

Despite his timid nature, Alicio had some fire in him after all.

"Monsterously new at this" she sighed, "I was once monsterously new at this too. you would be surprised at first how fast you learn the ups and downs, followed by the dos and donts and before you know it you're now polished and shiny with everyone wanting to talk to you." Yes she had been thrown in to it all.

She had not wanted to be Senator but her mother said it would keep her mind busy. Then she didn't want to be Queen but had to take the role since Theo had disappeared. Never her choice but always a duty. Alderaan first, then family. She half smiled looking over toe Alicio Organa Alicio Organa she had gotten lost in her thoughts.

"I see no reason why you can't take a posting to helping the city, and the refugees." She sipped her tea just as Becca slipped into see if they needed anything else. "Becca will you ask the Designer from Crevasse City to come see me." Without saying who the designer was Becca would know to summon Claire.

"What will you study at the University?"

Becca didn't understand why all of a sudden Faith wanted Claire. But she would go and have her come by the train. There was a train running between New Crevasse and New Aldera it wouldn't take her long to get here.

Alicio looked appreciatively at Faith. "Speaking from experience?" Of course she hadn't started her life as a queen and senator. Everyone starts somewhere.

This was his start.

"I'm taking courses on political science. Focus on diplomacy." Alicio took another drink of the tea, enjoying the earthy taste. "There have been tutors, and I went to a university on Balmorra for a few years. But I'm excited to get the chance to learn on Alderaan."

The planet had a history of helping those in need. Alicio had always imagined it was atonement from the nobility. An apology for the plots, perhaps to make up for the fact that they rarely wanted for anything. In the end, the reason didn't matter. What mattered was the result.

Faith called for someone else, and Alicio let his thoughts dwell on it for a moment before dismissing them. The Queen was busy, it was fine if she needed to have a meeting with a city planner soon.

"Tell me about Sanctuary City. So, I would be helping organize refugees coming in, and helping them get situated? I don't suppose I would get an official title with my involvement there." He couldn't keep the excited overtones out of his voice. It was a lifelong dream of his to get a title.

"Yes experience is a harsh teacher" She looked over at him this was his start. She wanted to warn him about this path, the pit falls, the dangers, the people who would seek to take advantage of him and his newness to this life. But she knew from her own children that life was the teacher she could guide but the choices that lay ahead were his as well as the lessons yet to learn.

"Sanctuary City is quite large there are a few hospitals, a number of complexes to house refugees. But we need a more efficient system of helping them. They pour in we give them food, shelter, and offer to take them anywhere they want to go, but not all want to go anywhere, they want to stay here. I have problem with them they are all welcome, the problem is we run out of housing, and we need jobs for them, and our schools need to expand...we need relocate some of them across Alderaan." She stopped it was a lot she did not want to overwhelm Alicio Organa Alicio Organa .

"
If you could help us with identifying their immediate needs it would be of a great help. Or if you see something that isn't being addressed you Alicio will be my eyes and ears in Sanctuary City. It will help you to know the Alderaani, and help anyone coming to Alderaan who needs it. You're a representative of the planet to newcomers."

He should have a title she realized one he said it, what would a good title Case Manager...sounds so plain. But she wanted anyone in the City to know he was a representative of the Palace. "Alicio first understand your name will get attention. Anyone named Organa immediately has an association to the family. You will be entitled to certain privileges. Your first title is Count as your sisters are considered Countess, you would be a Count of House Organa, Cousin to the Queen. You could be scrutinized be mindful of that. You go as a representative of the Royal House, to help wherever you can, assess the situation tell me what they need. What title would you like to have?"

Alicio tried his best to keep up with Faith as she spouted what exactly Sanctuary City needed. He did better than the average person might, managing to parse most of the words that she said. But quickly, he was overloaded with the multitude of things that an entire city of refugees would need, and his eyes grew just a bit distant as he tried to keep it all straight.

He appreciated when the Queen paused and summarized. Alicio nodded in understanding. "City management. I can do that. And I will happily let you know if there is something that needs your attention."

It would be difficult. He was walking into a project partway through, that was already behind, so the name of the game was playing catch-up. There were always going to be too many displaced people in the galaxy, but whatever he could do to make their transition to Alderaan and beyond easier, he would do. He had always been pretty good with numbers, perhaps he could use that talent to iron out the hitches in the system.

Then, Faith officially gave him his first title. Count. Theoretically, he was a Count before Faith even knew he existed, but being acknowledged as a member of the family by the Queen herself made it feel more real. He found himself sitting up straighter, unknowingly taking on a more regal posture.

"I'm not entirely sure what that specific job-title might be. Crown Liason to Sanctuary City, perhaps?" Not that they would need another reminder that he was connected to royalty.

"I've never had to uphold a legacy before," Alicio said, turning his cup in his hand. "You don't have to paint your House in a positive light when you're in hiding." Of course, his parents still trained him in that manner, despite their situation. He was still a noble, through and through, but putting what he has learned into practice would be a challenge.

"It's a lot. But I can handle it."

"Is there anything politically that has happened on Alderaan recently that I should know about?"
There was a sharp undertone to Alicio's tone. The events of his family's departure from the planet was chief in his mind.

Faith watched the emotions criss crossing Alicio Organa Alicio Organa face. oh my yes she had overloaded his mind with everything. It was a terrible trait she had to ramble on and on giving every little detail rather than just the summary facts.

"Anything recently. Alderaan sometimes feels like the ultimate sith destination. Oh there's fhe flesh raiders that Jax Thio Jax Thio is looking into. Other than that so far we are fortunate." Faith felt like it was usually a matter of time until something happened. "There is still political movements there are other house that would like to sit on the throne. We try to diplomatically deal with it before ..." It was that sad look in her eyes that should tell him before anything bad happened.

There were other issues, things on Delaya for instance, she was hoping maybe to have a noble step forward take a role in helping with Delaya, but at the moment she wasn't sure exactly the role. They needed to address the conditions there. Then there was Avirandel and Avishan there were small populations there they were harsh worlds.

Then there was the petition from House Killesa.

"I think it is a good first job, Crown Liason huh...How about we go with Liason to the Royal House on Refugee matters?" Titles could bring many things but it would be his abilities that earned what what truly mattered.

In the main hall Claire arrived slightly out of breath as she had walked from the train to the palace. She laughed nervously as Becca met her, "Is there an event that she's on fire for?"

Becca shook her head, "I don't think so, there's a Gala coming up on Coruscant, and then there's the annual nobles gathering, but you know about those. Perhaps you should go in, she there" Becca could only point. She didn't want to give away what or who was behind the door.

Claire straightened her clothing a deep breath to calm herself.

she lightly knocked on the door then entered.

She stopped dead upon seeing who was in there. "oh my..." She found something that pushed her forward...."Alicio"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom