Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-07 Anti-Gravity Acceleration Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
TQAsoDj.gif
A visual example of ground-based boosting.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/I-07 Anti-Gravity Acceleration Implant
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Systems may be stripped as needed or desired
    • Can be configured for installation in droids
    • Various settings and programming alterations
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Huabing Engine Components
      • Booster Components
    • Internal Circuitry and Electronics
    • Agrinium
    • Duraplast
    • Synthskin Coverings - Where Applicable
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Gravity Implant
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances: N/A
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Data and Information Security
  • Power and Propulsion Systems
  • Control Systems
    • Neural Link
    • Universal Interfacing, Uplink, and Networking Capability
    • Power Setting Modulation System - High Power, Low Power, Etc.
  • Sensor Systems
  • Performance Capabilities
    • Allows the user to boost in any direction. This boost delivers a powerful, sudden burst of thrust power that provides an instant burst of acceleration in a given direction. In this, the system can throw its user off-axis and shift her momentum in an instant, making it useful for evading attacks, closing the distance on an opponent, breaking a target lock, and yet more.
    • Significantly enhances the user’s leaping capabilities and acrobatics. Can also slow the user down in order to cushion a fall.
      • No pure flight capabilities, but allows the user to perform up to ten successive boosts (or jumps) before the system must recharge.
    • Can be used in a passive mode indefinitely, providing a significant increase to the user’s footspeed via tuned mini-boosts that fire in sync with the user’s foot strikes.
  • Utility and Safety Systems
STRENGTHS
  • Slip in the Night - The FAE/I-07 makes allowances for stealth in its design, ensuring that excess heat is compensated for and suppressed. It is also entirely silent during operation.
  • Borg Boost - The FAE/I-07 is an implant that vastly enhances the user’s agility and maneuverability, allowing them to perform seemingly impossible, gravity-defying feats of acrobatics. It can give users the ability to suddenly dodge incoming attacks, while also allowing them to generate their own leverage.
WEAKNESSES
  • Mechu-deru - The FAE/I-07 is susceptible to Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. A talented practitioner of such esoteric sorceries could induce a failure that might compromise the implant entirely or demand precious time to fix, leaving the user vulnerable.
  • Deep Space - While the FAE/I-07 utilizes a miniaturized array of Huabing engines for propulsion that are more versatile than traditional repulsorlifts, the engines fundamentally operate pushing against the curve of spacetime. As such, the implant is markedly less effective in deep space (any space outside of a star system).
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/I-07 Anti-Gravity Acceleration Implant represents First United Astral Engineering’s first step in the research, production, and development of mobility-enhancing cybernetics. In this, the FAE/I-07 is optimized as a booster, in that its primary function is to generate thrust that in turn provides the user with bursts of instant acceleration. These boosts can be tuned in power level so that the user receives as much or as little thrust as needed, depending on the circumstance. At the very lowest end, the implant can function indefinitely in a passive mode that makes walking and running significantly easier as the boosts provide extra “bounce” for the user’s footstrikes. At the highest end, the engines can generate instant, yet brief accelerations (and corresponding decelerations) at breakneck speeds.

All in all, the FAE/I-07 is hoped to set the benchmark in mobility-enhancing cybernetics and perhaps more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom