Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-04 FlameShock Projector Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/I-04 FlameShock Projector Implant
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Systems may be stripped as needed or desired
    • Can be configured for installation in droids
    • Various settings and programming alterations
    • Projector placement
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Baragwin Flamethrower Components
    • Shockwave Projector Components
    • Internal Circuitry and Electronics
    • Duraplast
    • Agrinium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - FLAME PROJECTOR
  • Classification: Arm Implant Cybernetic Baragwin Flamethrower
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Energy Capacitor
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average - 25 Bursts
  • Effective Range: Personal - 25 Meters
  • Rate of Fire: High - 120 Bursts per Minute
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - SHOCKWAVE PROJECTOR
  • Classification: Arm Implant Cybernetic Kinetite Shockwave Projector
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Discharge Velocity: 2880 m/s
  • Ammunition Type: Energy Capacitor
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Average - Degenerates into a sound wave after 30 meters
  • Rate of Fire: Low - 30 Discharges per Minute
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Data and Information Security
  • Targeting Computer
    • Holographic HUD Display - If Applicable
    • Adjustable Angle, Cone, and Spread of Discharge
  • Control Systems
    • Neural Link
    • Universal Interfacing, Uplink, and Networking Capability
    • Power Setting Modulation System - High Power, Low Power, Etc.
  • Power and Discharge Systems
    • Biofeedback Regulator - Activates Isotope Trithium Zero from Bio-Electricity
    • Isotope Trithium Zero
    • Twin Energy Capacitors
    • Kinetite Motivator - The motivator converts energy harvested from the Isotope Trithium Zero into kinetic energy, which is then stored as a kinetite charge. This charge is then used to generate concussive bursts of overpressure (shockwaves).
    • Hybrid Charged Guidance Beam / Shockwave Projector - Typically placed in the center of the palm of the hand. A single projector can not generate flame or shockwaves simultaneously, as this will overstress the components.
  • Utility and Safety Features
    • Electrically and Ion/EMP Insulated Components
    • Integrated Radiation Screen Field
    • Implant Integrity Reader and Diagnostic System - Operating Temperatures, Power Levels, Capacitor Capacity, Etc.
    • Combat De-Ionization System
    • Magnetic Containment Field Projector - Generates a low-powered containment field around the initial segment (~0.5 meters) of the guidance beam, thus preventing excess heat transfer to the user.
    • Inertial Dampener - Minimizes (but does not outright remove) felt recoil from the shockwave projector.
    • Cooling System
      • Universal Coolant Cell
STRENGTHS
  • Multi Mode - The FAE/I-04 is two weapons integrated into one system. A flamethrower and a shockwave projector.
  • Scorcher - The flame projector part of the FAE/I-04 is not lacking in burning potential. The weapon represents firepower in the literal sense, with the scorching flames produced by the guidance beam burning hot enough to melt most metals.
  • Blast Wave - The shockwave projector deals damage via a raw burst of kinetic energy, unleashing an explosion akin to a concussion grenade. In this, it is can sending victims flying backwards in a manner akin to a Force Push. However, this same force manifests waves of overpressure that have the potential to of shatter durasteel barricades and rip targets asunder within 20 meters of the discharge point. At distances past 20 meters, it can potentially smash bones and blow open internal organs, before degrading into a sound wave at 30 meters.
  • No Fuel - As the FAE/I-04 generates its fire by igniting the atmosphere around a charged guidance beam rather than a liquid fuel source, the weapon does not require a fuel tank—only an energy source. Accordingly, the user does not have to deal with the extra hazard of carrying fuel.
  • Resilient - The FAE/I-04 is insulated and hardened against electromagnetic and ion threats, making it reliable in conditions of high electromagnetic activity.
WEAKNESSES
  • Charge Time - Due to the time it takes to spool up from a stable, inactive state, it takes roughly 30 seconds for the Isotope Trithium Zero to recharge the energy capacitor, even if the capacitor is only partially or minimally depleted. However, this timeframe can be shortened if the Isotope is kept active, however, by doing so the user risks…
  • Overload - By keeping the Isotope Trithium Zero active over an extended period of time, it can in fact generate more power than the capacitor can safely take on. Accordingly, should the capacitor become overloaded, the Isotope Trithium Zero can become a small bomb, capable of annihilating the user and inflicting catastrophic effects.
  • Mechu-deru - Unlike Pyrokinesis or a Force Push, the FAE/I-04 is susceptible to Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. A talented practitioner of such esoteric sorceries could induce a failure that might compromise the implant entirely or demand precious time to fix, leaving the user vulnerable.
  • Searing Gaze - Fire attracts attention by its very nature and the flames produced by the FAE/I-04 are certainly no exception. The flames generated by the weapon are extremely visible, making the user a very distinct target in a typical battlefield, easily picked out by snipers while lighting up any thermal imaging systems. In addition, the shockwave projector is extremely loud, making the user relatively easy to pick out.
  • Vacuum - The charged guidance beam needs an atmosphere to ignite in order to produce flame. In addition, the shockwave projector can not project its shockwave without a medium to propagate through. For this reason, the FAE/I-04 is ineffective in any location without an atmosphere—such as the vacuum of space.
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/I-04 FlameShock Projector Implant is a hybrid cybernetic weapon system which utilizes ancient Baragwin innovations in flamethrower technology in its design. The projector is a combined flamethrower and shockwave weapon, with the former mode generating fire by igniting the atmosphere around a charged guidance beam, thereby manifesting a half-second burst of flame that remains at optimal range out to 25 meters from the discharge point. This flame burns at temperatures in excess of four thousand degrees centigrade in a Type I atmosphere—hot enough to melt Duravlex. The latter mode—the shockwave projector—generates shockwaves which carry enough overpressure to shatter durasteel barricades within their effective range, dealing damage through raw kinetic force. These concussive waves of overpressure carry extreme amounts of kinetic energy. When used against organic targets, it can impose injuries similar to those wrought by the explosion of a concussion grenade.

A primary benefit of the Baragwin technology used in the FAE/I-04 is that the user does not need to carry an external fuel source, which are often hazardous to have on person in the context of the typical modern battlefield where blasters typically reign supreme.

Like its sister design, the FAE/I-04 is powered by Isotope Trithium Zero, which provides the weapon with a virtually limitless source of power. However, this power does not afford a limitless capacity, as the energy capacitor can only hold a set amount of charge before overloading.

Ultimately, while the FAE/I-04 intended for only a very limited production run, it is hoped to represent the benchmark in weaponized cybernetics.
SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORD
February 21, 2024

• Added flame temperature under description
  • Elaborated on capabilities in Blast Wave Strength

Last edited:
FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: FAE/A-06 Butterfly Gauntlets
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/fae-a-06-butterfly-gauntlets.168811/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Minor Update

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: FAE/I-04 FlameShock Projector Implant
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/fae-i-04-flameshock-projector-implant.181033/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Add some specificity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom