Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-03 ElectroShock Projector Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
RJKZlib.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Arm Implant Cybernetic Lightning Weapon - Handgun / Pistol Scale Weapon
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Energy Capacitor
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small - Electrical Shot │ Very Small - Sustained Electrical Stream
    • 10 Electrical Shots │ 3 Second Stream
  • Effective Range: Average - 100 Meters
  • Rate of Fire: Very High - Electrical Shot │ Extremely High - Sustained Electrical Stream
  • Damage Output: Extreme - Electrical Shot │ Very High - Sustained Electrical Stream
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Data and Information Security
  • Targeting Computer
    • Holographic HUD Display - If Applicable
    • Adjustable Angle, Cone, and Spread of Discharge
  • Control Systems
    • Neural Link
    • Universal Interfacing, Uplink, and Networking Capability
    • Firing Modes
      • Electrical Shot - Delivers a singular, condensed shot of electricity which carries all of its energy output within an instantaneous blast.
      • Sustained Electrical Stream - Delivers a sustained, continuous stream of electricity which must be held on target for the duration of its discharge to achieve maximum potential damage output.
    • Power Setting Modulation System - High Power, Low Power, Etc.
  • Power and Discharge Systems
  • Utility and Safety Features
STRENGTHS
  • Hair Raiser - The FAE/I-03 is not lacking in energy output. It can engage a wide range of targets and in some instances when used against poorly-protected or undefended targets, may potentially amount to overkill. It also has a fast rate of fire, giving the user the potential to deal damage quickly and violently.
  • Electric Kinetic - In harnessing electricity as a weapon, the FAE/I-03 deals damage not only through sheer electrical energy output and heat, but also through kinetic force. This kinetic force manifests through explosive shock waves and overpressure blast waves by effectively imploding the air around the target. The ensuing overpressure waves carry enough kinetic force to feasibly shatter heavy titanium barricades. In this regard, victims may not only experience electrical burn injuries and / or superheating, but also blunt force, barotrauma, and/or arc flash injuries.
  • Utility - The FAE/I-03 benefits from utility and modularity, allowing it to be deployed across a wide range of use cases. For one, the implant has a defibrillator setting, giving the potential for the user to not only take life, but also save it. In addition, integrated electrical insulation and radiation screening and protects the user from any radiation or electricity outputted by the implant's systems.
  • Charge Jump - Much like an ARC Caster, the weapon’s electrical discharge can jump from one target to another, making the FAE/I-03 a supremely effective AoE weapon. However, since this feature can not be directly controlled, it can lead to…
WEAKNESSES
  • Friendly Fire - In close quarters, charge jumping can present a severe hazard to allies who are within the immediate proximity of the impact zone. For this reason, the weapon is not always practical for group engagements in melee range.
  • Charge Time - Due to the time it takes to spool up from a stable, inactive state, it takes roughly 30 seconds for the Isotope Trithium Zero to recharge the energy capacitor, even if the capacitor is only partially or minimally depleted. However, this timeframe can be shortened if the Isotope is kept active, however, by doing so the user risks…
  • Overload - By keeping the Isotope Trithium Zero active over an extended period of time, it can in fact generate more power than the capacitor can safely take on. Accordingly, should the capacitor become overloaded, the Isotope Trithium Zero can become a small bomb, capable of annihilating the user and inflicting catastrophic effects.
  • Mechu-deru - Unlike Force Lightning, the FAE/I-03 is susceptible to Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. A talented practitioner of such esoteric sorceries could induce a failure that might compromise the implant entirely or demand precious time to fix, leaving the user vulnerable.
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/I-03 ElectroShock Projector Implant is a cybernetic weapon system which weaponizes electricity in a manner not dissimilar to the lightning device of the ancient three-eyed warlord Trioculus. In this regard, the weapon can simulate Force Lightning to the untrained eye. However, even if this illusion is foiled, the FAE/I-03 is a dangerous cybernetic weapon in its own right.

The device is powered by a Isotope Trithium Zero, which harnesses the user's own bio-electricity to kickstart the power-generating process that feeds the capacitor. In this regard, the cybernetic benefits from an essentially limitless source of power. However, it still has a limited capacity to hold it due to the relatively low capacity of the capacitor. In effect, this keeps the cybernetic very reliable and that the user only has to undergo cybersurgery (or “open” their arm) to refill coolant cells.

All in all, the FAE/I-03 ElectroShock Projector Implant is anticipated to be produced in very, very limited numbers. Nevertheless, it is hoped that the implant will electrify the scene across the various cyberpunk and cyberware-aficionados across the galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom