Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Staff

As the last few days have shown, I’ve been pushing and prodding to try and get LS active again.

I do this because I do not want a repeat of other formerly vibrant factions fading away because it’s too late. Also, I claim a personal stake here, I’ve been investing heavily in posts for the migration of my characters from OP to here, and I’m not keen to see that work go to waste.

So with that in mind, I want to poll about which of the faction staff is still actually active.
[member="Jorus Merrill"] has a very good reason to be away, and I wish him all the best with his new baby.
[member="Jaxton Ravos"] has not been online in 6 weeks and not been active for a while before that.
[member="Seydon of Arda"] is active, but from what I’ve heard is quite busy.
[member="Ilias Nytrau"], my favourite owl, is also active but not been hugely active with the faction due to RL stuff.
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] is more properly the SJO faction admin now (if a board admin can be?)

I bring this up not to call people out, but because this faction is stalling and needs faction staff which are active and directly seeking to increase the group’s share of members.

Is it time to seek out new faction staff therefore? I see active people in this faction, perhaps it’s time to help them have a run?

My fear is that when the next series of faction recalls come around LS is a pretty big target. We need to revitalise like the Techno Union has done and prove we can still be a force in the galaxy.

I'm just getting out of the Techno Union FO-ship. And with school starting up in a few weeks I don't want to claim that I could FO here and not fail.

I'll be heavily investing here, though, as my muse has shifted a lot of focus towards this faction.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

The faction owner may not necessarily be someone that runs the place, you could make it a token position. Just to negate the need for having one. Whoever that might be [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] (now come on that would be fun to have don't you think?) would be aware of this.

Admins and mods, to be decided and again for machination purposes, however, the people that are willing and wanting to run LS could be those placed on a leadership board or council. They in effect would be the bosses, and if someone needs to speak to the people that actually run LS, they can be direct to them. That would be easy enough to do, with a nice front page post to clarify .. and service as explanation to the rest of the boards.

Just an idea to help find the leaders. May not work but food for thought. :)

*makes it rain on Judah*

Coci's (i don't know either of your real names, Judah/Coci) got a point. When I did run the TU, i had others working when I took a hiatus for personal reasons, but I just feel like its reverse psychology, where if I'm not in charge I'll be doing heavy lifting.

Like I've said, I'm here to stay and so long as I'm working well within the direction of the Faction's... vision, I'll be here to do what I can.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] has the right of it.

The running of a faction is not done by one person, but by a team. The only things an FO should be doing exclusively is being the tiebreaker in faction leadership decisions, and the final word if necessary. Otherwise, the function of the FO and FAs is the same.

I'd offer myself for it, but I just stepped away from a lot of my responsibilities on this site. The break is needed and if I try to come off of it too soon, [member="Spencer Jacobs"] will eat me in non-pleasurable ways, I'm sure. <_<

Edit: One very good piece of advice - always try to have an even number of admins to your FO. Serious about that.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Thurion Heavenshield is more properly the SJO faction admin now (if a board admin can be?)
It's faction owner, thank you very much. :p

But yeah, I'm too busy running the SJ to really become active in the LS. I still consider myself a member, both IC and OOC since it wouldn't make sense for Thurion to cut ties with LS. :)

Also, I'm pretty sure we got rid of the whole 'admins can't be faction leaders/admins/owners' thing. Like, a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom