Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Faction Propaganda and Advertisements Restriction

Yep. I agree with a lot of what's been posted, and I'm glad to see my thoughts aligning with a majority of what ya'll are saying.

I think this past year, with all the new toys, bells, and whistles, Major Factions have Usain Bolt'd ahead of Minor Factions - after already being miles ahead. I'm now finding myself in a Jurassic Park meme of "they didn't stop to think if they should", type deal. It's bled into a lot of the problems we see today, that whole "unforeseen consequences."

I think I can course correct without losing anything, but I'm now definitively of the opinion to help steer back towards the middle lane. Majors been getting too many toys, too much support, for too long. It's crushing the Minor Faction competition, and it's not healthy at all for the Faction game.

"My whole soul is in it."

Last edited:
Majors been getting too many toys, too much support, for too long.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f50674e305f6439306f536f3148673d3d2d3331333230373632382e313437356338386362316161616366643233323937313630303130342e676966

I agree with .... Tefka Tefka ?Wow, never thought this day would come but here we are.

Folks should be able to enjoy doing what they like doing on the site without judgement.

I understand trying to declutter blogs, but some people enjoy making posters/propaganda, myself included.

At the end of the day, this isn't something I'm going to fight tooth and nail for, but I just think people should be left to their own devices unless things are getting... ya know. harmful to overall health of the site. That's just myself.

Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla

How are people supposed to write with your faction if you aren't writing with your faction tho?

Great Story > Great Art imo
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Stole the words right out of my mouth. Everything outside of Rp is just fluff.

Fluff is nice but it shouldn't be treated like it's more important.

Unfortunately, not every aspect of this site has a flock of people looking for the new version of what's dry or boring.

Sith RP is stale? Easy real estate for groups like LotS and WotS to come in and do something new. Jedi RP is stale? You swept in, formed TJO, and then others ran with it and further reinvigorated it to make it as popular as it is now. Mandalorian Union ran with the fact Mando RP hasn't been much lately, but that's begun to slow down.

EDIT: NIO did something similar. Imperial RP is lackluster? Came in, built up a base for writers who are looking to scratch an itch, and ran with it.

Hitting down at someone who's trying to do the same thing, make use of the slow rp, and build hype for their ideas is an unnecessary flex. If the extent of your comment is just gonna be "You don't RP" without realizing he's just doing the same thing everyone else has done to whip up interest, I dunno, dog. Maybe your opinions aren't relevant to the discussion at hand.

EDIT: Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla isn't saying he isn't interested in RPing with his group. He's trying to draw people to it so he can RP with it.

Errant Errant

Let me clarify -

As far as i can see, there are three rp posts made for death watch in recent weeks. Friday, January 14th, and December 20th. Three posts in a month isn't something people can jump on board with easily regardless of flair; so if me offering the advice that making posts and narratives a bit more often to help Jumpstart good mando rp is punching down then I'm not sure how to help you.

Take it from someone who has helped revitalize multiple factions and avenues of rp, the secret sauce on an rp board is rp.

To stop this detracting however, I won't comment again. I don't want to be misconstrued further for trying to punch down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom