Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Interest Checks

Which Would You Like To See Go Major Next?

• Shadow Collective

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sable Dawn

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Bando Gora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow Syndicate

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Krath

• None Of The Above, Or Below.

• Total voters
Just because something existed doesn't mean it can't fail, even if it was memorable.

I led the Old Sith Empire in it's final month and a half, and I can absolutely say that it was a failure in the end.

I was there to witness the end of the Fringe as well, but at least they went out with more dignity.

In the end it doesn't matter if it was memorable or not if it can't save itself, [member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

And the Sith Order and Jedi Order are organizations within a greater government entity, [member="Romeo Sin"]

The Sith have the Empire, and the Jedi have the Republic.

Romeo Sin said:
They are going strong when I first got here, along with the Black Suns. I dont remember there being a Cartel though..

This is the third incarnation of the Hutt Cartel actually.

The first actually was a major faction that was renamed into the Black Sun due to ic mutiny of the Hutts vs the Barrett Haskins and Domino, which resulted in the Hutts losing and the faction voted to turn into the Black Sun. The second one was the one ran by Popo, And the current Hutt cartel is what we have today.

Oh, and [member="Alric Kuhn"] and @Silara Kuhn did a lot with the Krayt on Empress Teta and such IIRC

and yes, the ic mutiny and hutt civil war with the non hutt members was great. It accumulated in to this massive fleet battle over Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta, with the Sith Empire coming in as the allies of Domino and Barrett Haskins criminal organization.

In the end, it was better to serve under a Black Sun than the Hutts.

The Krath is currently a portion of the Empress Teta government, having been reformed within it, and is currently split between two leadership roles. One portion, the "majority", is overseen by Lily (this character) and is considered the tame-ish portion, those who stayed loyal after Silara and Alric retired/left/etc. The other portion is the original Krath prior to their being taken over by Silara & Alric that are more like a Hydra entity in how they operate.

If [member="Jared Ovmar"]'s other character would ever post to me they would be a bit more fleshed out, perhaps a minor faction-ish thing right now.

I do intend to eventually get it to that point, though at this rate I'm going to be watching paint dry several times now before that happens.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

What it dry!! Lol let me know when this becomes a thing. Please???

Also...I find it funny there hasnt been a "NO ROMEO!! NO INFINITE EMPIRE!!! BANNED FACTION!!!" from an admin yet. Which confuses me. Could we have a Infinite Empire???

[member="Romeo Sin"]
Infinite Empire technology is Rakatan technology because the Infinite Empire is the Rakata's Infinite Empire. All of their technology is Rakatan technology.. because they were the Rakatan Empire.

[member="Romeo Sin"]
The faction itself, and technology based off of and themed on the original stuff (like how a lightsaber is based on a forcesaber), is perfectly fine to do. I don't think it would get very far without a huge development on a culture and minor faction with a lot of work done to it, though.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]
The Krath would work as an empire (in the classical sense, not in the Galactic Empire sort of deal), though. It isn't a purely criminal enterprise. I don't think it would succeed, however, simply because of where it is located.

Aeron Kreelan said:
and yes, the ic mutiny and hutt civil war with the non hutt members was great. It accumulated in to this massive fleet battle over Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta, with the Sith Empire coming in as the allies of Domino and Barrett Haskins criminal organization.

In the end, it was better to serve under a Black Sun than the Hutts.
Actually the Sith came in as the Hutt's allies at first but once I realized their seven star destroyers were actually cruisers and the rebel leadership died we signed a pretty quick truce, sorted things out, and became friends. As for the Suns, it never really felt like we weren't on the brink of falling apart despite owning all of Hutt space at one point or another. We gamed the faction along as long as we could and probably a year longer than we should. All things end, is that really a failure or just the way things are?

We had good times, lots of bad too, and came away with some great stories. In that way I'd say were were very successful. Ultimately it's taught me not to measure success by color on a map, but by my IC and OOC friends and the stories we write and things we create.

And just to stay on topic, I don't think making a major faction should be by the decree of the admins but rather the effort of the people in it; as they are what determines their success and longevity on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom