Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Interest Checks

Which Would You Like To See Go Major Next?

• Shadow Collective

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sable Dawn

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Bando Gora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow Syndicate

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Krath

• None Of The Above, Or Below.

• Total voters
With the first option, most are Criminal Organizations from canon lore, or Legends.

While I know the Rakata technology is against Board Rules, doesnt mean tech LIKE Rakatas' can be made. If anything, I would humbly ask any admins reading this to stop, and ponder at least on what could be done about the Infinite Empire as a faction.

The canon organizations you listed wouldn't be good factions to go major even if they got enough members, considering they're cults and criminal organizations and those don't work well in a major faction environment.

As in when a criminal organization attempts to go major on chaos and try to act like a government rather than a criminal syndicate they always fail.

Just look at the Black Sun and the Red Ravens (No offense to anyone who was in either, but c'mon... It's true.)

[member="Romeo Sin"]

As a recently labeled and branded traitor by the One Sith....all my accomplishments deemed the work of a heretic....I vote for any Faction that can support itself freely from the oppression of those that wage countless wars in the galaxy on the backs of claiming they do so to stabilize it.

Bando Gora are DEAD. First OP then my Kaeshana mob, finally the Fringe beat on them.

After 7 dominions, 5 faction threads and two occupations of their homeworld...Bando Gora are well and truly worked over and out of existence.

With that in mind, I can't vote because there is no 'None of the above' option.

The Krath seem pretty cool to me though, and the Bando Gora were amazing to me. The rest were groups I found, and thought were interesting in their own given rights. I do, however see the points made by everyone here.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Then I shall add this option to the polls

Valiens Nantaris said:
Bando Gora are DEAD. First OP then my Kaeshana mob, finally the Fringe beat on them. After 7 dominions, 5 faction threads and two occupations of their homeworld...Bando Gora are well and truly worked over and out of existence.

* has fond memories of Sio exterminating them twice, including dropping their capital city on them and beating a mechanical dragon with his own wings *

Oh, and as was revealed in the Eldorai conquest...the true mastermind behind the Bando Gora was an Ewok.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Romeo Sin said:
That...is intense....

Thank you. It's the reason Sio has that sig. Surviving Bando Gora of the first exterminatus declared her one of their Chaos Goddesses. Chaos cultists are a tad insane. :D

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Romeo Sin"]

Anyhow, I don't really have an opinion on the other groups, though it's my impression criminal factions don't work well as majors. As for Infinite Empire...no.

Fabula Caromed said:
Plus, I'm pretty sure Omega did this whole crusade thing against the Bando Gora for like two years. There might not be enough left to make a major faction from. XD

Yep. Moira has a couple Bando Gora Reavers locked up. Fun to experiment on. But they're sort of an endangered species now.

Yoru Shakou

Darth Vornskr said:
The canon organizations you listed wouldn't be good factions to go major even if they got enough members, considering they're cults and criminal organizations and those don't work well in a major faction environment.

As in when a criminal organization attempts to go major on chaos and try to act like a government rather than a criminal syndicate they always fail.

Just look at the Black Sun and the Red Ravens (No offense to anyone who was in either, but c'mon... It's true.)
I would like to dispute this by offering the Hutt Cartel as evidence that it is not always true that a Criminal Syndicate acting as a government will fail. Likewise we can also provide the Primeval (which can be argued is a cult under all of its layers).

Going back to your original statement, I wouldn't call [member="Domino"]'s hard work she put into the Black Sun, nor the factions time as a Major Faction as a failure.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

The thing about a major faction is that it needs to hold galactic real estate and be able to facilitate an interplanetary infrastructure. Criminals can sometimes drum up the muscle to take land, but their people are rarely loyal enough (OOC or IC) to hold what they take. They frequently have the sheer money to buy up an infrastructure, but are extremely rarely coordinated enough to make it work.

It's this weird half-OOC half-IC problem where both the writers and characters have trouble making a criminal faction succeed as a galactic government. Which is what a major faction is. Criminal groups have been much more successful as minor factions, since there are no requirements for that other than activity, and they can still throw around a lot of weight by butting into every conflict, ever.

Or creating their own.

There's no shame in staying minor. We like minor factions. They create plot, rather than drama.

To be totally honest, since I have returned I have wanted to see more canon figures rise up, ie the GA, and the First Order. But Im really partial to the Infinite Empire, or the Sith Triumvirate. Im a big Old Republic fan, i understand its not everyones cup of tea.

This Hutt Cartel is the second Hutt Cartel on the site, I wouldn't doubt it too much.

In the end the Black Sun fell, so by that alone it could be considered a failure.

Just like the Old Empire failed, or the several Imperial Remnant factions, or the Fringe.

The Primeval seems to be the odd exception to the rule that's been proven before.

[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

Yoru Shakou

Again, just because it no longer exists on the site, does not mean that it is a failure. People remember the Black Sun, people remember the Old Sith Empire. The remember the Lords of the Fringe and they'll remember the Omega Protectorate (both of which are the leading reasons as to why the Outer Rim Imperium exists; a faction that seeks to take advantage of their collapse).
I would call many of my Factions (or rather attempts and abandonments) failures because I doubt that they're remembered much as the Black Sun or Old Sith Empire.
[member="Darth Vornskr"]​

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Its not a failure in the sense that it made it, was there, it was a thing. That is an accomplishment. The Sith Empire was not a failure, nor the Fringe. The Fringe was here for a VERY long time. They are going strong when I first got here, along with the Black Suns. I dont remember there being a Cartel though..

The One Sith is a cult. The Jedi Order is a cult. They are here. They are thriving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom