Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Events

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Tefka"] but the prefix and a staff announcement saying it is going makes it feel bigger otherwise it is just....another thread with none of the stakes feeling raised. It might seem trivial but events like Valen which was small with two people running the entire thing had a good amount of press. It had build up it had people planning together and organizing. Valen didn't have its own forum but it had coverage and help getting out of the gates. Did it do good? I liked it, I had fun in the space battle and on the ground.

Yeah, but to me it sounds like you're asking for a free handout.

Do the work first. I haven't seen you guys run an event before. Why would I back you? I have no faith in whether you'll run a successful event or get frustrated and bail halfway through.

Do the work first. There are no free handouts here.

Evelynn

E
Soon.

Balen_zpsae21e8d5.png

But not yet.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
and boss that is the hard part. We can make a 10k event outline, be all ready and even have people wanting to do it. Have GALACTIC EVENT in the biggest text possible and get people to participate but without some endorsement it won't get off the ground. When the request for the community to write and run the event came only two people were willing at the time. There was little endorsement and no promise that if it was good it would join Dark Harvest or Madness on the official board timeline or if it would just be a "yeah this happened for a month" was it a sure thing it would be successful? No it could easily bomb and you could hold it as the example of why only events are written by the staff. Or why events from the community should have a team instead of just the two people willing to research and sit down to write. If it was good and people joined it then you could claim credit for the idea but there was nothing. Little to no feedback (Tegs and Jon gave a lot can't fault them) but the rest was nothing. I get not wanting to give faith but you must have supported the idea of letting the community write an event if anything support that they came through if only a little.

Roche seemed to go just fine without my endorsement. A similar time I told a writer to prove himself first. All you're doing is presenting excuses for why you can't or why it's hard. You don't think I understand how difficult it is? You think this place built itself? It's a lot easier to do a big role-play here than it used to be.

Do or do not, bro. And don't complain.

Well, the way I look at it. If it's going to be an event ran by the community. I suggest the event itself should be something to bring the community together, such as the emergence of a bigger enemy, like the flood among the UNSC and Separatist Elites. I'm thinking, something like a Vong/Reaper sort of threat. A massive threat where everyone could get involved. You'd need the fighters and the ambassadors trying to keep the strings of allegiance between each group from snapping and leading to ruin. I'd like something like this, and I've already got 3-4 ideas for a enemy species rolling around in my head. Something that can unite the community in more than a want to have fun. But also to beat back something nobody has ever seen before, fighting for their survival.
I'd say we should try to make these creatures as alien as possible. Because frankly I think chemical based warfare would be interesting, a high enough level of understanding of science to be able to recreate force like abilities and possibly outdo them.Which, frankly I think the idea of there being something "man" made that could withstand and possibly surpass the powers of the force is an interesting concept that would make most force users squeal in terror.

However, something like the flood would also be interesting to combat. Especially if we could have a gravemind. Anyway;

thats my thoughts on the matter.

Wrath Hardin

The Old Eye Patch
[member="Jaryn Rhane"] [member="The Dark Prophet"]

To be fair, it seems like someone has to try and pull off these events I keep hearing about on this board. Might as well be them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom