Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Events

[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]

Possibly, there are three events that have been written by players/the community but they didn't get much. [member="Enigma"] and mine had 28 votes for yes at the time to be september's event just never picked up. [member="Sasha Santhe"]'s event was supposed to start in beginning of October but something happened to the writer or family (I am not certain, if he said then I missed it but it was something that he needed to sep back for and is important to him) then there was a third event I was liking the sound of but I don't remember who wrote it by himself and it never went anywhere.

Sarianna Misarr said:
. Enigma and mine had 28 votes for yes at the time to be september's event

that's about it.

kidding aside, I haven't heard anything and would like to know if there'd be another event. Then again, the recent going ons in the forums with the One Sith, Mandalorian, and Republic have been events run by players and the factions, imo.

Imagine a christmas event.

darth_santa_by_nutartworks-d5p7btb.jpg

But yeah, i've bene hoping for another major event since I joined. Sadly, I've missed things like Clockwork and Dark Harvest, which both sounded really good. x_x

Another thing- events are hard to run. Really hard. Inclusion and keeping everyone up when most people only post once a day and when two or three people rush along a thread (not that they can't, or shouldn't, it's just how it is) makes it hard to make an event work. Such like with the most recent event on Mandalore- it was a mess, especially for me. I didn't post for about half a day or a day, and I was totally lost and couldn't recover.

That's just my two cents- again.

On a more serious note, there are no planned staff-run events in the works. The last time staff ran an event was the Mask of Madness campaign, which was met with lukewarm reception at best. Events are very difficult to run efficiently, especially with only so many staff members available and willing to pitch in, even though we welcomed members to help out.

That said, any member is welcome to toss their ideas for an event around and see if it garners any attention. Get enough attention, and you might even get staff involved in some form or fashion.

Thurion Heavenshield said:
which was met with lukewarm reception at best.
I'd give it a little more credit than that. Honestly, it was only my thread that sucked, with people not fully understanding the story (I wasn't into it myself, and it showed) and people focusing on being passive aggressive towards those they didn't want in the story with them. Its sad and disheartening to see stuff like that, which put the cherry on my already dead muse. I heard the PvP event with Jhaega and the crowd went great though. Props to [member="Spencer Jacobs"] and all involved.

The main problem is motivation and time. It's hard to fit planning in as Staff when we're already so busy with the moderation of the website and enjoying our individual freedom of self-interests. Furthermore, it's hard to find a balance with the team when it comes to providing direction and planning the event. It's hard enough to sync up our times to get a damn voice conference, as rare as they are.

We're bigger, much bigger than we were when we did Clockwork and Madness. It was easier then. Staff was less stressed and the community was more motivated. We didn't have little petty contests driving wedges between players' egos. I was on my A game and a lot of my go-to hitters were fresh out the batting cage. That and there wasn't a whole lot of focus on the Major Factions like there is now. There wasn't a plethora of Factory entries flooding the community trying to one up each other with stealth technology/force suppression technology. There was a lot of "Well, what do we do here?" going on. Major Factions were finding their footing and Staff was excited to throw some challenges at them.

Nowadays, I'm just kinda beat. Events, as mentioned, happen on their own. The One Sith attack on Coruscant was an event unto itself and rivals threads like Little Swamp of Horrors. Major Factions pop out of the woodwork every other week or so, it seems. Yes, I want to provide events, but I'm not going to half-ass them. I - and Staff - will find our momentum, our muse again and when we do - that's when the next event will be. Luckily, we all do this for fun, so we can wait until we have something good to present to you instead of churning out a crapfest just to satiate those asking for events.

Will we get another Staff-ran event? Yeah, probably. I've got a running log of ideas I keep as I find inspiration. A Staff member brings up the word "Event" almost every voice conference. We know the community wants more, so do we.

We're just waiting for the right time.

[member="Tefka"]

May I suggest an Event Team?

I was on a site for two years. It was a medieval-fantasy forum. The staff struggled with events, as they were constantly coding or moderating this or that. They had their own teams for applications, similar to the Factory/Codex. They eventually adopted in an Event Team, and it was highly successful. The Event Team worked independently, as they organised the RP and did all the roleplaying in it, but they would seek out confirmation and permission from Staff beforehand. The Event Team worked on both small events and world events as we called them.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Tefka"] me and [member="Enigma"] offered to run the entire thing and take the stress away from the pm with me and all the admins at the time Jon and Tegs were onboard for it going. We can get it going and if [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"] wants to join us in planning and improving it we could have something functioning and ready for December 1st as an event. I love them and we had plenty of people offering good input like Dells, Zaiden and Jon.

I like the idea for an event team though I had fun researching the stuff I did to make our Black Covenant and having a full team behind it then just two people and others offering advice would be nice.

Anyone can run an event.

All you need is:
  • An idea
  • Active participants
  • Dedicated and organised event runners
Most events have one of these things, some even have two. Very few can get the trinity.

But we want to see events. The only conditions we place on it is that:
  • Any rewards need to be vetted by staff first.
  • Participation is not compulsory and not taking part won't prejudice your character's later involvement.
Good luck!

Yeah, people seem to think they require my blessing for an event... you only need to talk to me if you're trying to blow up a planet or use a superweapon.

Nothing's stopping your event from being awesome, but it seems like people chase after Staff's approval so their event can be made even more awesome because of the tools we possess and have used for other past events. Don't PM me looking for a forum for your event. It's not gonna happen, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom