Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Eterneva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks [member="Arisa Yune"] for the help.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a quantum programming language
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: n/a
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer:
Open Source Foundation
Model: Eterneva
Affiliation: IE and The Wider Galaxy
Company Name(s):
Open Source Foundation
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Software
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Uses classical and quantum datatypes
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Uses classical and quantum datatypes
Strengths:
-More familiar for the programmer who only uses classical programming languages
-Uses classical and quantum datatypes
-Versatile

Weaknesses :
Familiarity, but no backwards compatibility with older architectures.
-Can't be used in any classical/analog computers, etc.
DESCRIPTION
Eterneva was developed by a mysterious individual known as ‘Enigma’, with the attempt of creating a programming language that could be used by quantum computers. Despite only being known by only one individual, he was able to secure backing of a large open source software foundation in the Iron Empire, which unknowingly was managed by some individuals in the upper brass of the IE.

Eterneva is a general-purpose programming langauge. It uses loops, and conditional execution as quantum machines need to be closed by a classical device(ie, a classical computer). Eterneva’s syntax also resembles an ancient programming language that was developed years ago*since in the wider galaxy, they are still taught in many educational institutions. It also can use both classical and quantum datatypes to program the same code, making it versatile for those only experienced who only know how to code with classical programming languages.

It’s strengths primarily rely on the fact that it is more familiar for the programmer who is only used to classical programming languages; moreover, like with any quantum programming language, it can also use classical and quantum datatypes(just like the way quantum bits can exist in both states of 1s, and 0s). It’s primarily weakness, is that it can only be used in quantum computers can't be used in any classical/analog computers, etc.

The current file extension of Eterneva is .etn.Like most programming lanagues, it was typed in Aurebesh, however it is mostly used in Chiss, due to stong Chiss influence in it's design. "The programming language, for greater versatility contains both typed, and untyped versions(with each versio), as well as both intepreted and complied languages. It can also use machine learning, although not to the capabilities of an AI.

OOC: Syntax resembles C, C++, Pascal. It's also free to use.

Last edited:
[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

I don't see much wrong with this, but you will need to remove the direct mention of the real-life programming languages in your submission.

"(C, Pascal, and C++ programming languages)"

We don't allow cross-over content, unless the wookie mentions its existence itself.

Tai Fa said:

I don't see much wrong with this, but you will need to remove the direct mention of the real-life programming languages in your submission.

"(C, Pascal, and C++ programming languages)"

We don't allow cross-over content, unless the wookie mentions its existence itself.
Is it fine if I can make an OOC note that the syntax resembles the respective real life programming languages?

Tai Fa said:

Oh, almost forgot, please hyperlink the company you are using.
There is no sub for it. It's just an NPC foundation that I made up on the top of my head(since open source software is free software)>
Is that a problem?

EDIT: I also wanted to add the programming language can conduct machine learning, which is something(iirc C++) do. Is that a problem?

Tai Fa said:

No, it's fine if it's just a NPC organization you came up with.

What do you mean exactly with machine learning? What would it be able to do?
It's basically the ability of a computer the ability to learn something without it being specifically programmed to do so. It's a subset for the field of Artificial Intelligence in computer science. RL programming languages like Python are capable of doing machine learning(from what I know anyways, and my own research into the matter).

EDIT: I also added an OOC note that it's free to use; furthermore, I said that it's file extension is ".etn". Previously, I had only written extension, but I mean't file extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom