Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Open Source Foundation

Is A Great Slicer To Work With
Company Creation Template
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a
CORPORATION INFORMATION
  • Corporation Name: The Open Source Foundation
  • Headquarters: Geonosis
  • Locations: Geonosis
  • Operations: Software
  • Parent Corporation: N/A
  • Subsidiaries: N/A
DESCRIPTION
The Open Source foundation began as a movement by slicers during the reign of the One Sith to create open source software for the purpose of the general public to use. The company began as a way to fight against the oppressive nature of the Sith; as time went on, different owners took over, but one owner: Mala Ciava, became known as it's true founder.

Under her rule, the Chiss expanded the company's connections; it began to rely on various donations from various individuals and factions. These donations allowed it to establish a small HQ in Geonosis. She however disappeared, and they needed a new person to lead them.

Every society has slicers: every slicers learn their trade whether formally, or through informal means. When Malen had learned his trade, he picked it up in various places, including at the cyber-company, Aladon. The Ephicanthix however was not aware that the head of Aladon at the time, Mala Ciava, had also helped with creating open source software for the general public to use.

When she disappeared, secret members of the group in underground channels approached him to take over her work. And he willingly took over after learning her work. With it, the Open Source Foundation began a new chapter in it's short time in galactic history.

RATIONALE
If free software exists in real life, it should exist here. Ultimately, I decided to create this so I can be able to have a legitimate organization making free software, and also justify some other ideas I have in my mind. The main intention however is to expand on the slicer subculture in Star Wars, which is understandably, left to the side lines.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom