Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Equal Before the Forge (Fringe/CIS Alchemy Group Training)

OOC/ This is open to anyone who wants to gain or hone alchemy skills, in Fringe or CIS, due to Rave's longtime collaboration with Isley.

IC/ Silver Station -- a tiny space station between the Republic, the Protectorate, and the Confederacy -- unaligned and largely forgotten within its nebula. As good a place as any to make Dark Side capitalism happened.

The deal was simple. Learn basic metallurgical alchemy, help mass-produce the sword blanks into straightforward Sith blades, keep one or two. Manuals, tools, grinders, forge space, blood, strange machines of crystal and runes -- all had been provided. Rave, Isley, and numerous associates walked the lines, ready to answer questions.

This was a field test, and a risky one. Not just for the feasibility of making these simple blades, at a scale higher than their first trial run with the Fett Kal knives, but for the universal practicality of the forge machines. Simple, by all expert standards; nothing like Rave's own forge, or the Dark Forge of Aza'zoth. But still useful, hopefully, ideally. No doubt some would break tonight, but that was par for the course when one was attempting to field test dozens of highly simplified alchemical forges. The twenty-dollar drug store telescope of Dark Side blasphemies.

Everyone who had been invited had already been given basic information and very basic training exercises on the rudiments of alchemy on the way. Ideally, nobody should be starting from square one.

To understand what was possibly wrong with the problem that I had, I came to the Silver station as by invitation. We would be working with others who wanted to do the same as myself. Learn more of Sith Alchemy. First off, it intrigued me that one was able to forge a blade, armor or even change the natural elements to become something else with the force. As such, I had taken a liking tot he art and wished to learn more. it was something that rarely people Mastered. And the few who did, were all together people who had done this for many years on end. Only I hoped that by doing these things, it wouldn't take years for me to find out about what was wrong with my arm, and a possible solution.

I sat on the ship traveling there, a simple shuttle provided by the people who would be teaching us. Dressed in a simple tank top and pants with combat boots. I held my mothers necklace in my hand as it was around my neck. I rubbed my thumb up against the face of the Onyx that was embedded with the silver cross and chain. Feeling the warmth from it as created by my now long gone father.

Maybe later on, I could learn to use these skills to prevent what happened to me. But that would be very far into the future. Even if that was my purpose in life. As of now, I don't know.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

Eldoc smiled dragging his apprentice [member="Lucrezia"] in. He after all was mainly here to learn something new, much like he learned from a certain plant being sith sorcery, long ago. He figured the least he could do was learn this trick and it was a good experience for his apprentice. He smiled and waited for instructions to start, having gotten the basics of the machines before hand certainly helped. It was going to be fun and informative, he knew, now to just get the hang of it. It wasn't everyday Eldoc actually showed up to something not drunk, this was one of those rare occasions. After all he needed to remember this didn't he.

Ikki had come from the CIS templars and while the maid stood in the synthatex outfit she wasn't helpless. The spools of monofiliment wire for making traps and garroting was something she could use easily enough. It had become a favorite and from what she was told training in alchemy could make the wire not snap possibly which could be useful when slicing up slavers guild members going after the other templars. With a small smile she stood there as tall as she could and tucked her hair behind her ears making sure no bangs were in her face.

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
[member="Eldoc Quasat"]

Lucrezia hadn't expected this... well she expected the traditional apprentice role of traveling with a master but as she stood there in a tank top and bodyglove pants it wasn't everything. The Fringe had been good to her and the Horde kind of questionable, maye it didn't help that the weapons she could make for them could ignite on contact with their crab armor. Or that the vong there were running force users and droids something they normally disliked. "Are you certain of this training my master?"

Bourne Cavanagh

B
Guttermage that he was, Bourne stood off into the corner, cigara perched between his lips, popping a cherry glow across the shadowy visage held half hidden by a low brim hat.

He was a Blazing Chain Captain of a modest crew, but he had other aspirations than simply raiding and claiming. Fixing to get taught a bit more on such things, word down the grapevine had it that this would here be a neat little place to garner knowledge few have ever been able to claim for their own...

Astrian Callus, the White Wolf.
Silver Station.

The wolf would learn something new today, he would learn with his newly found friend Isley Verd and apparently a wide variety of accomplices, here to indulge their interest in the unorthodox such as he had. He stood quietly nearby Isley Verd, his massive size and frame making him quite easy to spot. However, all of his thoughts and feelings were carefully woven into a wall of unreadable calculations. Something he had been designing for a while was his mental defenses. But now, he wishes to use the force to twist and control. As others had done when he allowed them in his mind, he would take hold of this dark and unorthodox interest and tame it to do his bidding. He would learn much today, his eyes would be on that of [member="Rave"] Merril and [member="Isley Verd"], as other than himself. They were the most powerful people in this room, and the two of them were known for their skills with alchemy, he would be watching closely.

Phoebe had only watched as her husband make things through the Force. The concept had always fascinated her and she wanted to learn but never had been given the chance until now. Things at home had always been busy and any alone time the couple had was not going to be spent learning alchemy. She would rather go on a date with him or just snuggle on the couch. They didn't get to do that very often as they both were very busy so when he was home she took full advantage of that.

She had come today in hopes to finally learn from [member="Isley Verd"] and [member="Rave Merrill"]. Phoebe expected to learn a lot today. She had seen first hand the types of things that her husband made and she could only assume that Rave had similar skills.

[member="Lucrezia"]
"Of course, it will teach us both something, and then perhaps we can do something with it. I think that this is an excellent chance to show that even your master doesn't know everything, this is new to me as well. " He smiled looking at her and then at the strange machine. It was going to be a long day he thought. " Why does something here make you uneasy? " It was strange to be asked if he was sure about this trianing, did she know something he didn't?

[member="Nickolas Imura"] [member="Phoebe Verd"] [member="Astrian Callus"] [member="Bourne Cavanagh"] @Lucrezia @Ikki Ike [member="Eldoc Quasat"] [member="Isley Verd"]
OOC/ Not cutting off enrollment - people can still jump in.
IC/ "Thank you all for coming," said Rave. Mindful of company, she wore an ooglith cloaker variant that made her appear as her pre-Vongshaped self. Living glistaweb robes concealed a lean frame, and she'd belted Entropy -- potentially the greatest Sith sword of the era -- so that it hung on her left hip. "So, ladies, gentlemen, I hope you've all reviewed the introductory material we've provided, and practiced the basic exercises we proscribed. None of you should be starting at square one. If for whatever reason you haven't had the chance to read and practice the basics, let Isley or me know, and we'll take care of it. Are you all ready to start with the basic alchemization of a Sith sword? Are you all familiar with our terms -- our training, and a blade or two, in return for your aid in alchemizing as many blanks as possible?"

Ikki looked at the woman who was talking and gave a nod of her head. Helping to mass produce swords wasn't such a bad thing. You could do a lot with them even at the basic levels and from some stories the stonger the crafter the stronger the blade and enhancements. That was more then enough to interest her while she awaited the chance to build her first lightsaber when the time came in the templars. "Understood Mistress." She gave a nod of her head again and made sure everything that was provided was within arms reach of herself.

Bourne Cavanagh

B
Bourne's cheek sank deep as he took a deep draw of his cig, but gave a nod in acknowledgement at [member="Rave Merrill"]. Ain't much of a learned man, but he knew that some things had to be done prior to handling things.
Even if he didn't quite do them to the letter. Gutter mages like him weren't the sort to follow rules, so this was going to be an experience for him. Smoke blew from his mouth as lazy grey eyes went drifting across the din.
Now this was a whole new level of interestin', he mused.

The Alchemy Class, Silver Station

This day was the definition of a momentous occasion. Not only was it the first time in recorded history that denizens of the Fringe Confederation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems came together in order to collaborate...but it also marked the ambition of a woman and her student. Today, [member="Rave Merrill"] and Isley Verd would instruct the crowd which had gathered at Silver Station on how to utilize Sith Alchemy; but as with all benevolent gestures, there was a "price". In exchange for these teachings, the new generation of alchemists would then utilize their newfound skills to alchemize as many blank swords as possible. Through this, they would be given a multitude of practice in the art; and the ambitions of the two masters would be realized. Long, confident steps bore the Mandalorian up and down the aisles formed by those diligently learning the art. From behind his visor, he saw many faces; most of which were new, but some he recognized from his home nation.

When Rave made her announcement, Isley first hearkened his attention to the direction of her voice. As she had worn an attire fitting for the occasion, so had he worn what was typically expected. Garbed from head to toe in his crimson beskar'gam, Isley also carried at his side Ha'rangir, his masterpiece, in addition to Devorah's Song upon his back. As he resumed his walk, his eyes wandered to each student and he began to give advice and direction as necessary. In general, he said to all gathered: "Remember the tenets of the text you were provided beforehand. Open yourselves to the flow of the Force; allow yourself to be a medium for its flow and guide it to the materials before you. Through your mind's eye, see the very molecules which make up your materials and make adjustments. You have a variety of reference metals before you; phrik and others. Attempt to make your materials match the molecular structure of these as a start, understood? Once you have completed this step in your blank swords, we will advance to the next step together."

He then came to a halt before one of the forges that had been prepared for this occasion. There, he decided to begin to utilize the art of Sith Alchemy himself so that he might be able to teach by example. Taking a sheet of his choice metal in hand, Desh-Terenthium, he then began to inspect it under the light for imperfections. What would become of this metal, he did not yet know...

[member="Rave Merrill"] | [member="Nickolas Imura"] | [member="Eldoc Quasat"] | [member="Ikki Ike"] | [member="Lucrezia"] | [member="Bourne Cavanagh"] | [member="Astrian Callus"] | [member="Phoebe Verd"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Oron strode into the chambers in which everyone gathered. Associates were already amass, reminding the Verd of his tardiness. Orange hued pupils scanned the large area through half-opened slits. His pace slackened as his eyes drifted to his sister-in-law, Phoebe. Oron directed a nod and a friendly smile towards her before doing the same once he'd established eye contact with his brother, Isley. He approached the end of the line-up and stopped, casting a glance down a row of individuals who'd gathered for the same reason Oron did. To learn alchemy. It's uses were incredibly broad as far as the art's capabilities were concerned, along with providing a myriad of resources for techniques that could find themselves useful in most of the situations Oron were involved in these days. His face hardened as he focused on his instructors, then the comments and instructions they issued, prepared to improve his alchemical prowess as he focused on the materials in front of him.

Looking to the woman who had helped me before with the problem with my arm, I nodded to her as she asked if there was anything we needed help with. really, I didn't need help, I had prior knowledge of how to make a Force-Imbued sword by the aid of others, as well that some Sith Alchemy was being taught to me by another artist within the Fringe. So I was probably more prepared than most students here. Still, I folded my arms as the others spoke, saying to keep yourself a Medium in the force. I kept that in mind as I was going to need that later. Not just for Sith Alchemy but for use in the force in a general purpose. Seeing that the man would be demonstrating what to do, I followed him and paid close attention to the metal he chose. Desh-Terenthium, a light, yet flexable metal that could soften vibration blows to the wielder, but staying relatively strong enough to be used for a short sword sized weapon. Anything larger and there was a chance that it could snap just from stress and use of the blade.

However, I stayed silent as I watched the Mandalorian. paying attention to everything he did.

[member="Oron Verd"], [member="Isley Verd"], [member="Bourne Cavanagh"], [member="Ikki Ike"], [member="Rave Merrill"], [member="Eldoc Quasat"], [member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Astrian Callus"], [member="Lucrezia"],

There was a price of everything and Phoebe understood that but at the same time she didn't see it as much of a price really. It was really more like another gift that was being bestowed upon them. The opportunity to practice in the presence of the mentors was priceless even if she did live with one of them.

She had known alchemy long ago but the art had been lost to her the 400 years she had been frozen in Carbonite. This fact frustrated the master and she was even a little embarrassed that she couldn't anymore. Phoebe however hadn't been too proud to not come as she wanted it back. She also wanted the family Sith alchemy book but that was another story.

As @Isely Verd spoke her eyes glanced down to the materials that she had in front of her focusing not only on how it looked but everything about it. She wanted to know the texture, every crease and imperfection of the metal. It was only than that she would be able to do something with it.

(I'm going to do my best to keep up but I may not be able to post till Sunday. I couldn't miss this opportunity though! I'll catch up when I get back if I'm unable to find time. I just wanted to give a heads up)

[member="Rave Merrill"]
[member="Nickolas Imura"]
[member="Eldoc Quasat"]
[member="Ikki Ike"]
[member="Lucrezia"]
[member="Bourne Cavanagh"]
[member="Astrian Callus"]
[member="Isley Verd"]
[member="Oron Verd"]

The White wolf knelt down before the blade. He had brought along his own, special ingredient. Lexonite, a blue powder and a deadly poison that he retrieved from the planet known as Nigel VI. However, to add poison to a blade. It needed not be imbued with the blade, simply needed to be added to the blade. That, could wait for later. The Wolf's mind grew silent as the words of [member="Isley Verd"] flooded his mind.
"Open yourselves to the flow of the Force."

The White Wolf allowed his mind to flow freely, the force beckoning like a wild beast that he had been hunting. The prey he had to catch, the prey he had to consume, devour and take into himself to survive and become stronger. He allow the force to flow through him, playing it like an instrument. The rest of what Isley said slipping into nothing, tears in rain. The Wolf could feel the very fabric of his being, the very fabric of the sword. He could feel the phrik, he could understand it. He could feel the blank untamed sword before him, and it felt like it could feel him to they were intertwined and with that, he could intertwine the phrik and the metal. His thoughts were deep, the metal before him being crafted. As if he was its maker, he was creating something new, something unique. It was bonded to him, through the force. He could feel the metal like it was part of him, it was; riveting.

The sword before him had began to copy the molecular structure of the phrik metal and soon the blade felt similar, but different. He had touched it in his own personal way, it was his blade. His own creation, his construction.

[member="Oron Verd"]
[member="Rave Merrill"]

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
As usual, Saera was a little late but in good fashion. She had arrived in time to catch the greater part of [member="Rave Merrill"] and [member="Isley Verd"]'s lectures. Unlike most of the others, it seemed, the young Vinferalathi was born of Sith alchemy and was the genetic offspring of two very prominent Dark Side adepts. Sith Magic was in her blood - one could almost say literally - and she had already proven and refined her prowess through a whole handful of amulets and blades, even began working with her mother on a 'living' cloth that reacted to thought and Force. Accompanying the girl was two Mirari bodyguard droids, as was always a precaution of her company and her parents' best wishes, and a shimmersilk satchel filled with her various personal tools, notes on sorcery gathered from Tund by accounts of both Circe and Alachei, pieces of raw Cryastium from the crystal nexus and sketches of the blade Ashelotte had asked for several months ago. With any luck, she had hopes that the two teachers that were said to be there could help her complete such a thing, as she already had the blood of her own, the fires of Ashelotte and the precious pre-aligned metal from the Crystal Heart. Saera's mind was open and receptive of all things learning, but perhaps, she hoped, she could learn a trick or two above the cut that surrounded her.
Also, the forges there were horrible and nothing like her own; potentially a risk to the integrity of the finished product....
"U-uh... Excuse me? I... brought some extra supplies of my own - See, I'm not new to this b-but... I still wanted to learn more. I thought maybe you could help me finish a certain sword for my mother...?" she bashfully asked.
Circe was talented, but she was by no means a master alchemist. One was a lucky find, but two... even with the crummy forges, Ashelotte's flames and the careful hands of two masters might help the girl finally achieve her goal of elevating her craft. She could turn out multitudes of primitive blades for them all day if she had to, and no one had to know her secret technique.
Ironically, Ashe herself wasn't far behind. There was one particular reagent which only the foxtress herself held, something one couldn't put in a container. A stolen and captive life.

A blade and training for her help – it seemed more than a fair deal in Matsu’s eyes, and she was a tough sell. She had accompanied her Master [member="Isley Verd"] to the training but watched [member="Rave Merrill"] attentively as she spoke, checking around herself to be sure she had everything she would need to continue within arm’s reach. The basics had seemed intuitive and she was interested to see what she could produce.

At first she watched Isley at his work, thinking of his instruction as he led by example. She had no trouble imagining more abstract concepts as seeing the innate matter of a thing – her problem, rather, was staying grounded in the practical. But here her nature was a gift and not a hindrance.

She pulled the blank sword before her and let the inexhaustible vein of the Force that flowed within her wash out, passing from her fingers to the blade. In doing so she felt something like understanding flow up through her arms in return. The blade suddenly felt indescribably pliant in her hands and she visualized plucking at strings and redirecting shapes until the metal in her hands began to change. The Force flowed back and forth constantly between herself and the sword in her hands, crafting it in to something that could be her own.

Oh yes, this was more than a fair deal.

[member="Oron Verd"]
[member="Phoebe Verd"]
[member="Eldoc Quasat"]
[member="Ikki Ike"]
[member="Lucrezia"]
[member="Astrian Callus"]

Balor had arrived late. As usual with him. But he was taught several beginner techniques and he liked the way alchemy felt. He really liked the thought of creating things. He also wanted to explore the force and he saw alchemy as an excellent way to do so. His end objective was to eventually create some warbeasts. But starting with swords and armor was perfect. He watched the others as they worked. He watched some of his CIS allies work and he knew that this training could greatly help the CIS cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom