Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
(If anyone's in the Garden of Thorns tag me :))

Mrrew opened his eyes. Voices were all around him- tens, hundreds, thousands of voices. Speaking in hundreds of different languages. And then, all at once, they were gone. Where was he? This wasn't a dream. That was obvious. And he hadn't been asleep. Trres rose high all around him, as high as he could see. Foliage was knee high in most places; bushes, brambles and vines. He was in a forest. But where? What planet? The air seemed strange.. No, not the air. Just something. Something was strange.Something was wrong. Where was he? That question repeated itself over and over in his head. Something about htis place was making him panic. He had to keep his head clear. Where was he? He had no idea. He was beginning to hear the voices again, far off in the distance, getting closer. Where had he been? His office, at the Tion Trade Nexus. Then how was he here? How had he got here? Where was he? The voices were louder. He had to stay focused. Mrrew glanced down at himself, taking stock of inventory. He didnt carry all his weapons and armor with him like he used to; all he was wearing was his Bodo Bass gunbelt. Normally his blade and pistol both hung from it, but he always put his sword away while he sat, to avoid imapling himself on his own sword. His pistol, however, he still had. Other then that, all he had was his leather vest and leviathon leather bracers... No equipment except the little odds and ends he had in his gunbelt's dozens of pockets. Did he have food? Maybe some ration capsules... The voices were there again. They were all around him. thousands of voices. He could understand them now, though. They were all still speaking their languages, but he could understand them somehow... "Save us" "Help us" So many voices, getting louder and louder, stronger, competing to be heard, overlapping, louder, louder "Save us" "Help me!" Louder, louder, louder. He had to get away from them. Had to get away from them. The Togorian ran, jumping through brambles and dodging trees. Had to get away form them, had to get away from them...

(Tl;dr: Woke up in the Garden of Thorns, being assaulted by Soul's voices like the intro said. Started running through the trees to get away from them.)

Kyla Foy

K
Ophelia bended her knees a bit and as cute and kind as ever she told the young girl, "My name is Ophelia, lady Alexandra, your mama and uhm your papa are my masters~ They teach me to become the best Jedi." She said, her eyes slowly changed into a purple color. The force kept it within the light, but it now went back into its normal color.

[member="Daella Feanor"]

Mentions: @Anyone in the garden.

She suddenly felt cold. Her body shivering until it woke her up however her head pounded with the cries of voices and an overwhelming sense of loss. Blood curdling cries that set her heart sadness and fear. A dream? Yes that is it, after all she is on Tabaqui and it is never cold there. But the voices the cries ..

Coci's hand raised to her forehead and rubbed trying to concentrate on them, the galaxy is in pain and she laid back against what she thought was her bed. As consciousness rapidly came to her, pulling her out of her sleepy daze, she realised it was real.

"Thurion! what is happening?", she spoke to her beloved [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. But no answer came. Her head turned to search for him in the bed but she is not there nor he.

Coci moved to get up, suddenly a sharp pain in her side which caused her to yell out. It is dull, hardly any light but she could make out the Thorns. All around her Thorns and a slow mist. Slowly she moves until she is able to stand, she reaches out through the force, to find anything to give her an idea of where she is, but nothing, she sense .. nothing.

[member="Mrrew"]

Apoc

The Nameless Soldier

Apoc agreed with what the man said. They needed to get somewhere safe. It wasn't unnusual however that Apoc would no reply with speech, instead he just nodded as the black eyes of his masked stared into Onyx's. Scanning the immediate area, he spotted a place away from the pit of bodies where they were situated. To the east, at what seemed to be roughly 4 kilometres away was a large hill. Eventhough the view from this distance was limited, no people could be seen obstructing its surface. Though it was quite a trek away, Apoc decided to point it out to the group anyway. As he did so he muttered one word.

"There."

[member="The Onyx"]
[member="Solan Charr"]
[member="Razer Sin"]

(Fine by me.)

Where: The Blood Wastes
Who: [member="Shule Windspeaker"], the bastard.
What: Ow ow ow ow ow

Flying through the air after her attempt at a tackle, the woman felt a very powerful burning sensation on the back of one leg. "AAIIAGH!!" With reflexes born from centuries of simply fighting, she tucked herself into a curl and attempted to land without breaking anything. As she hit the bloody ground, her lightsaber shorted out, but that wasn't the sort of thing she was thinking about. Instead, she tucked, curled, and landed somewhere close to her feet.

As she managed to find herself to a crouched position, she knew she was about to die. Again. For the hundred-thousandth time. Her eyes wild, but now dilated with more fear than the hatred and rage that had been overpowering her before, the woman attempted to draw upon what she had heard that loud man do before. Words. Talk to them.

"Go away!" Simply saying anything got her attention. Memories from hundreds of years ago? No. Memories from now. She had spoken like that very recently...but no, she hadn't. She'd been here, recently. Fighting. Dying. Always dying. And now it was going to happen again. "I'm tired of dying. Go away!"

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
as Caleb place his arm around Sanya she used him to keep stable "l'll rest when where safe, as for now we need to make our way towards those people" as they setting off in that direction the woman and the kids came into better view. as Caleb and Sanya got closer Sanya spoke to the woman. "have you seen any other's?" it was pointless asking where we was, everyone looked lost.

the woman carried a lightsaber and that strung her next question "I take it you can't feel it either" Sanya paused briefly "the force I mean"

[member="Caleb Brolen"] Ξ [member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

The Eternal Queen
And now she was suddenly surrounded by little dream people. Was this a symbol for her own relationship with her daughters? Or rather, lack there of? She frowned. If he dreams were trying to make her feel guilty, she was going to need to start seeing a therapist.

"Not a dream, huh? That's exactly what a dream creature would say, you know."

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

[member="Arla Balor"]

"At least I woke up next to you again."

The Mandalorian had truly missed his lover. He looked around more, trying to figure out where they were. It was unlike anything he had ever seen. It was all very strange. The sounds of battle grew closer.

"I have no clue where we are Arl'ika. Perhaps we should try to find out who is fighting. It sounds like a war is going on here. If there is a war, there are people. And Mandalorians are always a welcome sight in a war."

He continued to try and push aside the growing urge to try and find someone to fight.

[member="Darth Metus"] @Ailyn Cyar'ika
[member="Elizie Adasca"]

As the bunch came into view Vassara stood, waving both arms over head to signal them down. The droid raced its way across the air and straight into her hands and she grinned. It had taken quite some time to configure these little buggers but already they had proved themselves useful. She glanced at her map before glancing back up and extending a hand, other hand on the stock of her Czerka Combat Shotgun.

"Well crew, welcome to my real estate. Ain't much but it's paradise!" She joked darkly.

Silas was on his feet now eyes scanning the horizon and the beasts. It seemed nightfall was coming, or whatever qualified for it in this garish land.

"You guys all ok? I got some medical supplies but I'm trying to preserve them."

Daella Feanor

D
[member="Ophelia"]

"Owh!" She softly giggled and looked at her. "Thats a funny name..." She would then put Ace on her head, and went over to Ophelia. She seems rather calm now, seeing that she is surrounded by Mommies friends.

Kyla Foy

K
Hephaestus exclaimed, "Procedure search and protect, Windspeaker!" A tear fell, it was not his way of fighting, this was why his master never placed him onto the battlefield. He liked technology, but not the actual warfare. The droid had it programmed in its firmware and the droid stepped forward. It started to enclosure into the fight and the droid spoke, "Protect Windspeaker" The moment it came to a mid range the droid, "Create distance, Master Windspeaker." The moment there was distance between [member="Fabula Cavataio"] and [member="Shule Windspeaker"] the droid would start to rapidly fire blaster shots, mostly aiming towards the woman her legs trying to not make her able to move.

[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Ophelia"] [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] [member="Daella Feanor"]

Alexandra groaned at Feena's statement. "One moment..." She looked at Sanya nad nodded. She recognized the girl from the short time she had joined onto the republic recently, the name escaped her though and her hand tapped her side as she kept an eye on Daella and Ophelia. "No but we need to get to higher ground and somewhere not here... Speaking of which." Her eyes turned back to feena and she breathed in. "Listen Miss Mason, suppose this is a dream and we are all played for fools, but considering ive been in a VERY similar situation before six years ago, im going to tell you this now. We are probably not in a dream." She remember that, same situation. One moment they were in one place then in the next they went back in time... this was either temporal displacement and more time traveling... or they were moved through space like the Aing tii could... but she could not feel the force.

Thud. That was the sudden crashing sound Ijaat made as he managed to fall down one of the blade-spires. His jetpack was only working in short, fitful bursts, so while he didn't crash the full distance, he barely slowed his descent. Something wasn't right... One moment he had been high up in a hammock on beskar'yaim, the next he was falling, there was a twisted sun, and screaming and bone spires and worse.

Damn't they will never let me hear the end of it if I die like this...

Managing to haul himself up, he immeadiately began issuing commands via eye blink and silent datapad types. Comms was the second thing brought up, the first was to immediately seal his white and copper colored armor from the environment and void until his armor analyzed if it was safe. It would drain power, sure, but it was the best bet. Systems flickered into life and were put into standby just as soon as he was sure they were functional. Eventually the atmosphere came back passive and life supporting, for the moment, so he unsealed and relaxed the suit, breathing in a metallic tang and taste. Wiping his mouth, he began a weapons check. The unsettling noise of war made him suspect soon enough he would be engulfed in battle.

Saber got left behind... Crushgaunts are still in my belt, armor's still on, jetpack on the fritz... A-10 took damage in the fall, it's not going to be as stable or useful... Haymaker is up, but one of the condensor coils is down, so it's going to need longer to vent heat... My shotgun from Jorus is in the house, and all the integrated systems are functioning. Just need to find a sword... Got a feeling there's a war.

Looking about, he saw the field was littered with weapons both ancient and modern, and so he took the time to dig around the surrounding area, wrenching a spear to help him walk that looked suspiciously like a bevii'ragir, and a brutal longsword that he shoved through his belt, smiling and whistling as he jaunted outward. He gathered a few blasters that looked like they might have the parts he needed to patch fix the A-10 and his haymaker, and slung them to him, looking like a walking weapons rack now.

Scanners had picked up a weak (when the interference wasn't providing just blankets of snow for feedback) biometrics to his left. Time to see who it was.

[member="Arla Balor"]
[member="Verz Horak"]

Spire of Destiny
feat. [member="Book"] [member="Rusken Shaxx"]

Veino paused in his stumble. A figure had appeared off on the horizon. Someone solid. Someone... real. He could distantly pick up that one's emotions. Solid resolution. Stubborness. Determination. Or was those the correct ones? He couldn't tell amidst the storm raging inside his head.

He went to use the Force to enhance his speed, but nothing came of it. Strange, being so normal again, like he had been before learning he was Force sensitive. Honestly, he didn't remember that all that much. Actually, he remembered none of it. He had been four or five when taken by the Jensaarai. He broke into a jog, trying to reach the figure.

"Hello! Are you real?" He yelled out over the plains, coughing as he the taste of blood in his mouth finally went through to his brain. Had he bitten his tongue? He didn't remember, but then, there was a lot he didn't remember.

Oh joy, oh joy! The fiends of hell hath been deployed,
Strike out, one calls, strike at thine foes!
Deflect their hellish strong blows!
Oh joy, oh joy, we'll all be destroyed!
Do any of us even really know?
Three shots were taken, do not be mistaken,
Each had aim so true, but alas, fate can be cruel!
Only to hit, the others missed, and one was nullified!
Oh for shame, for shame, that a hit be denied...
Strike out, strike out, if we are to lose this fight!
Nyx had to move fast, let she lose her wits to this quick-glitch-witch!
But was she healthy enough for such a move?
Oh no, oh no! Would this be her last, her final, grove?
Demons of the world, hear the call, go back to wence you came!
This is not your home, nor your plane!
Ahem.
She fired again, once, twice, thri- there was no time! The woman was slick on her heels. Nyx raised up her left foot, pivoting on her right toes, much like a sohpisticated space-ballerina. It was an odd look for her. But that's besides the point! Adrenaline rushed through her as she attempted a half spin, hoping to have the devil's blade pass just in front of her. Alas! She overestimated her footing! A slide turned into a slip, and both of her arms got clipped, torn into on the sides. How dare the beast! Oh boy, oh joy, what was to come of this? Of our darling Nyx? How shall she fare in the devil's stare? Will she ever make it back to the Pyre?...
A shoulder pushed into her own. She was abruptly pressed back, feet sliding into the bloody mud. Soon her gun was abandoned to the ground. Still she brought her arms around, trying to get a hold of the demon's arms, hoping to prevent any further harm. Oh second hero! He with a hero's blade! Come to thy rescue, come forth and save me on this day! Or at least cut this queen! And indeed he did! She was forced past the Zorren, falling to the blood below. A heavy breath left both of them. Such a sort tussle yet still one to remember! Tales would be told of the two she-devils! Ah, but things were still amiss, now the evil spoke! What is this? Go away go away! I do not want to die today! Hmm, how interesting, how odd.
"Then why do you kill? You tore those people apart, now beg for us to not do the same? For shame, for shame, your heart is a dying flame..."
Apparently Netherworld Nyx is a poet. Weird.
[member="Fabula Cavataio"], [member="Shule Windspeaker"]
NOTES:
Weapon list: One AT-90R Sniper rifle (in hand), two standard vibroblades (strapped to back, hard to reach), two BTI-WB-Woebringer Blaster Pistols.
Injuries: Sith Poison in veins (causes: pain, loss of vision in right eye, soreness around injection points), burns on both arms,
EDITS MADE.

[member="Apoc"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Razer Sin"]

Solan had to remain utterly still and completely silent, his mind focused on blocking out the pain around him as it was not through the force his empathy came but through its own will... why he could not tell but he simply remained still and did nothing. Onyx and Apoc could figure the way out, for now solan needed to stay focused and not drive himself insane.

The River of the Dead and the Paths of Choices. Last time.

“It’ll be okay,” she said. “You’ve done some awful things, but, in the end, you’ve always had a good heart.”

Shaking, he began the ritual:

“O heart that is mine! Behold the things that I have done! Permit me not to be wronged in the presence of the Great God!”

Narrowed down both their beaks, the birds’ gaze delivered judgment even when it was not theirs to give, their eyes piercing through to the very soul.

But the Forcely ghost was all the more that remained of Benedict Eden – What more was there to see?

The Guttermage stepped forward and placed his heart upon the scale and watched as it would rise against the feather.

The River of the Dead and the Paths of Choices. Now.

The smell of blood, the taste of metal. The slimy, smothering caress of that Booma Slims smoke; the Trenchcoat Man’s cigarra of choice.
Business, per usual.

The night, the day, the whatever…the time…it was so dependent on a constantly shifting planetary location, it was so hard to maintain a
continuity anymore. Well, the fragment of timespace had been as many others had been: a jaunt to the vong-formed and suicidal Aldera, to the beaten and rotting out of Coruscant, then to the perpetual identity crisis of Emperess Teta/Cinnagar/Koros. All over the galaxy, the cries went out and the tears never dried, and while he may not have always understood enough to represent the dispossessed, the lost, the poor, and the mad…he had, more than anyone else, at least heard them. It kept him up at night. So much so, that it almost didn’t make a difference anymore.

He had only lowered his head to light a cigarette, but when he finally looked up, he was greeted by that all-too-familiar smoldering sky.

“Aw, bugger.”

Once again, he was in Hell.

The Jackal began to snarl, not content in watching what he thought to be a farce. He could smell a rat. But the Judge of All leaned forward in his throne with rare interest; his chin resting thoughtfully in his hand and his brow perked in curiosity.

Benedict spoke cleanly, purged of his guttertongue.

“Hail, unto thee, O thou great god, thou who art lord of truth!
Lo! I draw nigh to thee now, O my lord, and mine eyes behold thy beauty.
Thee I know, and I know also the two-and-forty gods assembled with thee in the Hall of justice;
They observe all the deeds of the wicked; They devour those who seek to do evil;
They drink the blood of those who are condemned before thee, O just and good king.
Hail! Lord of justice; Thee I know,
I come before thee even now to speak what is true,
I will not utter what is false, O Lord of All.”

The camel actually laughed.
This would be his third time, as he was, indeed, keeping score.

The first tour came in his early twenties. Fresh out of Ravenmoore Asylum, he had been helping the Eclipseclan; a postmodern, off-Dathomir Nightsister coven featuring his ex-girlfriend, Janey Hexam. They irked the wrong people, and before the night was done, they had all been perished by a grouchy @Anesia Jy Vun .

Benedict beat the rap that time in a card game against ancient and dead Sith Lords, betting AGAINST Hope and Compassion in a critical hand.

He has argued that it was the decision that resulted in the Sith conquering of Coruscant on the material plane nearly a decade later.

He swallowed hard, proceeding with the ritual despite the heckler.

“I have done no evil against any man,” he lied.

The heart lowered upon the scale.

“I have never caused my kinsfolk to be put to death,” he lied.

Avalore bit her bottom lip; they both knew this to be untrue.

Again, his heart lowered.

The second…well, it had cost too much. He couldn’t be back here. Not after the price he paid...his name. His sister.

The price she had paid.

He couldn’t let it be all for naught.

And there was no way it would work a third time.

Perhaps, finally, there would be justice.

“I have not caused false witnesses to speak in the Hall of Justice,” he lied, mistakenly looking to his sister. She averted her eyes guiltily.

“I have not done that which is hated by the gods”

The camel laughed even harder, clapping his hands in amusement.

If he had been corporeal, a bead of sweat would have rolled down his forehead.

“I am not a worker of wickedness.”

His heart lowered in contrast to the feather.

But….did that mean...?

He looked around for the ghosts that tailed him – Janey, in particular. They were gone. They couldn’t have followed him here. Could the brand have been lifted, at least temporarily? Would he dare provoke that horrible voice, declaring him a coward, a liar, a betrayer?

He hesitated for a moment, his tired eyes watering. “B—B…”

It’s a psychological fact that everyone’s favorite word is their own name. It’s at least something people say, anyway.

The Trenchcoat Man hadn’t heard his in over 5 years.

Trembling, he took a deep breath. Did he dare?

Always.

“Benedict. Benedict Eden.”

He laughed out loud, buckling in the center, nearly throwing his cigarette.

“Benedict Eden! Benedict Eden! Benedict Eden!”

His name was his again, if only for now.

“I have never oppressed a servant with too much work.”

He thought of all his friends who unwittingly went to their deaths in the name of a “favor.”

“I have not caused men to hunger nor to weep,” he lied, reflecting on The Subway.

“I have not been devoid of good works, nor have I acted weakly or with meanness.”

His heart, again, sank.

“I am not...,” he looked down from the god, doubting his ability to lie to his face on this one. “I am not a murderer.”

“I have not…,” Benedict began, returning his gaze to radiant Judge of All…

…and found instead a skeleton wrapped in rags sat upon his throne.

“Go on,” said the Death’s Head through his terrible grin.

“I have not conspired to have another put to death,” he lied.

And, as with every other dishonest statement, the feather rose a little more.

When the laughter stopped, Benedict Eden Benedict Eden Benedict Eden had noticed the festering in his veins had faded, replaced by a chill of the bones. Absently, he nursed his cigarette in a vain effort to apply an abstract warmth. In addition, there was that same, stirring noise in his soul, though quieter; halved.

His guttermagick was gone. Finally, a much-deserved vacation from the Subway.

He almost wanted to lay down and take a nap.

“I have not plotted to make another grieve,” he lied

But still. As always. “Save us.”

The shatterpoint in his chest, at last visible for even him to see, glowed, radiating light, seeping out in rivets of…purple? Blue?

“I have not taken away temple offerings,” he lied.

Overlooking the stretch of displaced ghosts, he nearly chuckled. A stray thought brought him the premise that [member="Darth Adekos"] and his Coruscant Rehabilitation Program had finally reached ridiculous, new heights.

“I have not despoiled the dead,” he lied.

“ I have never committed adultery.”[

The menagerie looked to the scale expectantly, waiting for the heart to fall. It didn’t. Curiously, it didn’t. The ibis shrugged his shoulders.

“I have not tampered with the balance.”

The heart lowered.

But it was punctuated by panic, a hurried check of his affects: His lightsaber, his spraycan, loose pages of his “spellbook,” and…He closed his eyes tightly, dreading the worst. If the hold that branded his name had been dissolved, could the binding that…

…slowly, he withdrew the severed head.

“Burning…,” it moaned through a dilapidated jaw.

“Aw, mate! You made it!”

By the grace of God, the Mingus-Dingus Tech Submission had come up odd. Benedict need not be alone in Hell.

The gods leaned in for the final plea, these last utterances concerning them most of all. The hawk, the ibis, the jackal, the camel, and the skull, their faces smug as they watched him squirm.

“I have never kept from the gods what was their due,” he lied. “I have never obstructed a god when he came forth.”

The heart sank again, the scale fluctuating back and forth as the feather and the heart found themselves comparable in weight.

The Skull twirled his finger in the air, indicating to the accused that he ought wrap it up.

Benedict eyed the scale with dread, sputtering out the final precious declaration.

“I am sinless."

The Skull stared at him for a moment, allowing him additional confessions should he need it, but as they never came, he reclined back in his seat. He initially looked to the surrounding court for a verdict, before recognizing it was right there on the scales.

The heart and the feather were in perfect balance, and while his heart was not lighter than a feather, it was not heavier, either. The Guttermage was found Good by virtue of a technicality.

The camel grinned and the Judge of All motioned Benedict away.

Avalore fistpumped, “Yes! I knew it! I told you!”

He held Mingus-Dingus out toward the crowd by his hair.

“Best keep close, squre. We need stick togevver, like. We’ve both got a lot to answer for.”

Carefully, he returned the head to shadows of his trenchcoat.

But Benedict didn’t laugh in relief, he didn’t even smile. He simply moved away from the stand so that his sister could take it.

“I told you everything was going to be alright!”

The trenchcoated man walked on, not looking back as his sister praised the Judge of All, as she stood trial, as she walked up to the scale and placed her heart upon it…

…and the heart sank so hard and fast that it launched the feather from the balance and onto the lap of the God of Death.

“Oh, Benny…,” she reflected pitifully. She had trusted him with her heart, and he betrayed her.

And as he sank into the Duad, the river of excrement between life and death, surrounded in the material poodoo of his existence and others, he tried not to listen to the sounds of his sister’s soul being torn apart by the jaws of the sin-eater.

Par for the course.
“Another season in Hell,” he reflected, taking one final drag off his cigarette, before flicking it off to the side. He stepped off in the direction of the Chasm of Passing, following the river north.

"Here we karking go, then"

| Next

Mandal Motors rested silent, the sounds of machinery had fallen into a deep sleep, and only the faint flicker of static sparked from one of the massive turbines that wound up and down to keep the conductor's charged. The office overlooking the main and massive bay had been home in earnest to a man who'd been attempting to live up to a name that he'd inherited but still didn't feel like he earned. Gilamar Skirata was a great engineer, a honorable father, and a fierce warrior. He was a man who commanded respect, and had weathered many storms. It had been sometime since the war with the One Sith that had laid him to rest in the Manda, and the Mandalorians were ready for war again, nearly clamoring for it - and Azrael was concerned for the vode, and what that would mean. Most of the time when he wanted sanctuary he'd slip away to Lianna and spend an evening or two with his Jedi companion, but when he wanted to think - he came here. Apparently it had become commonplace, as there was a cot that rested just due south of the stool where he had been sitting. The last thing that had gone through the conscious mind of the half-breed Mandalorian was a schematic for a new revision of a rail gun that would mount onto one of the war droids as a way to break up an army with a single blast. Unfortunately he wouldn't get to finish it, as the stool, the cot, nor the office no longer contained the besk'ar clad warrior - Azrael was gone.

---
The Reaping
---

Desolation claimed the infinite chasm between rock and stone on either side of a canyon valley that cut it's way around a seeming inescapable bend. Muted colors of an arid wasteland covered every inch of this vast and lonely valley. Well, not entirely lonely as the sounds of wailing echoed like a cacophony in every direction. The massive statues that laden the walls of this eerie chasm ricocheted the voices in earnest pounding against each stone structure and coming in deafening waves. On the floor of the canyon a single soul was ripped from sleep by the sharp chill and jolt of a most unpleasant awakening. No longer seated on a stool in the confines of a corner office, but rather laid out upon rocky terrain and completely out of his element. The shades of black began to fade as the voices that carried in haunting wails roused the slumbering Mandalorian from an exhaustion induced sleep.

A sharp intake of breath ripped the last vestiges of grogginess from his mind, sitting up in a start and getting his first glance into a ruined and ghastly sight. Nothing was familiar, the very feeling of dread and detachment set in like a knife. This was not Manda'yaim, nothing resembled anything recognizable, and that constant wailing caused Azrael to squint his eyes and place his hands firmly against his ears to quiet the din of noise. Saying nothing, but staring at the abyss ahead of him and turning to view the same from the back end, his eyes lifted upwards to see the shimmering but faintly glowing orb of green fire that was just a little more than a pin prick in the amber hued sky. Was this some sort of a dream? Azrael couldn't quite make heads or tails of it, but he knew one thing at the first, he needed to block out this sound if he was going to be able to think straight. Unclipping the buy'ce from his belt, the helmet was slid on and locked in place, booting up the HUD, and starting to cancel out that noise.

"Run diagnostics." The command issued inside the helmet linked to scans of his body, and his mind to inform him that aside from some sore muscles he was awake and in good health. That was the bad news though, if he wasn't dreaming or dead than something far more strange was at foot here. The immediate raise of his right gauntlet came up to tap into the holo feed of news bulletins or get a survey of what planet he was on. Neither were going to be helpful, just a complete loss of signal echoed back in holographic blue hues. There was nothing to connect to, no holonet, no broadcast feeds - he wasn't even getting a single ping on familiar armor traces. All he did know is that the sound of the wailing was continuing, monitored by the HUD. "Shabla...guess that's some place to start." Taking a quick stock of inventory, Azrael moved forward and started to comb between the cavernous monolithic statues that all seemed to resemble some hooded figure. What was it with hoods? He preferred helmets. It took about an hour's time before he found a suitable place to climb, indicating from his system that the voices were just over the thousand foot wall directly ahead.

"Nothing left to do but climb."

Kyla Foy

K
She smiled towards the young child, while Ophelia was scared, she shouldn't show it towards the child. Her concern was currently on priority number two. She said, "We could head towards the top on that mountain, or we can head over there." She pointed that a far was a far higher mountain and that might've been a smarter idea, one brought us right into the hands of Fabula while the other had a place where they would never know where they would end up.

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] [member="Daella Feanor"]

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

The voices had begun to fade. Was it possible to outrun them? They were almost completely gone... It hsouldn't be possible to outrun them. Why not? He didn't even know what they were. They could be anything. First he had to figure out where he was... Eventually, the Togorian stopped running. Why did he run? They were just voices- they couldn't have hurt him... Why? That didn't amtter. He had to find where he was first. Where was he? Why was he here? Mrrew shook his head quickly. He was thinking irrationally... He started to hear the voices again. He had to keep calm. Keep his thoughts straight. Running hadn't helped... The Togorian looked down at his legs, realizing the pain for the first time. Not a good idea to runt hrough brambles... At leas that's what the blood wetting the fur all over the lower half of his body told him. He would feel that when the adrenline wore off. Why did he run? The voices were getting louder. Louder. He had to get away. No . That would only make things worse... The voices were all around him again. He had to think clearly... The pain i his legs was starting to announce itself more. The voices were getting louder. He had to stay calm... Had to stay clam.. Where was he? Why was he here? What were the fething voices?

As if someone had flipped a switch, the voices were gone. Instead he heard a new one, differnt then the others somehow, but faint, far away. "Thurion!" Was someone else here? Could someone else be here? "Hello?" Mrrew attempted to shout, choking on his own voice. His voice was hoarse. How long had he been laying there? He tried again, louder this time. "Hello?"

(Made the mistake of running through brambles, messed up his legs, then heard Coci.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom