Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

He tilted his head as he gave the Zabrak a once over. " Hello." Besk looked around, hearing the invitation gave him the desire to just relax and enjoy the day. What could be wrong with sitting here for a while, he thoughts to himself.

His hand tightly gripping the hilt of one of his lightsabers tightly, knuckles tuning white from the tension on his hand. No, this is wrong, Nyda needs me.

" Where are we? How long have you been here?" He asked, hoping that maybe he would get some answers.

[member="Marrik Aloxum"]
[member="Falcon Gyndar"]

Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Connor held his blade between himself and the hooded figure, still feeling no sign of life through the Force. His voice was distant, tempting - and when he turned, Connor's eyes were drawn to the eerie green glow at his feet, emitting from under his cowl.

His frame was slender, like built on nothing but air. There was no Force signature around him, which was worrying and even more disturbing to the whole surreal situation.

Taking a step back, Connor was perplexed at the lifeless figure turning from him, enticing him to follow. With each movement, a trail of bubbling green energy spat through the rock as he slowly made his way back from where he came, which seemed to be the misty river.

Swallowing hard, the voice of Nima Tann came through the comlink, at least it sounded like her. What was SHE doing here? He raised the com, eyes still fixed on the hooded Sith, lifeless, walking away leaving a trail of strange energy spitting from the ground.

"Nima?! Nima it's Connor - where are you? Where are we? I've just encountered a Sith, I think - I don't know. I can't detect any life through the Force - there's something wrong, where are you? Where is everyone else?"

Babbling like a Padawan when he was Master with his questions, it dawned on Connor that rank meant nothing on this world.

The blue blade hummed in the darkness, the hooded figure vanishing back through the mist with a trail of energy behind him. Looking down at the strange energy force, Connor backed away, holding his blade and started a jog across the loose rocks on the canyon incline heading down, with the apparent lava field burning away to his right and a field full of strange artefacts up ahead across the river.

[member="The Ferrymen of the River"] [member="Nima Tann"]

Walk on you soldier of fortune.

Step by reluctant step Seris continued on towards oblivion. How many hours had it been since she first woke up here? The count had been lost and her stupid HUD wouldn't display correctly, stuck on 12:00 o'clock. In a land without record of time, without a sun, and no end in sight. The thoughts of creatures capable of a higher understanding turned inward on themselves. It had begun for her. The slow decent into madness and despair. It would be ever so gradual at first. By the end so fast that when the impact of whatever ends things won't even be felt.

Hand after hand dig into the sand to pull her body up another foot or so. A wall of red that stretched to far in either direction to go around and so forcing her to climb up and over. 'Gotta keep going. You can rest on the other side. Keep climbing'. Seris looked up to the crest. It wasn't to far off. Exhausted muscles screamed otherwise. All were wanting to deny such hope of going on and just rest. A battle of mind and body over a dozen feet of sand was pathetic to think about. An older memory came to mind, a much needed distraction from the physical exhaustion. It was dark one though. Just over two years ago on Balmorra, a horrible chapter of the war ended. Lords was it bloody, rivers turned red. Red like this dammed sand. They estimated a good ten million soldiers died in the mud there between all sides, not even including monsters and civilians. That world held, though shattered in the end. All the sacrifice in vain as it was abandoned in the general retreat. There was some boy she killed near the end. Some Sith soldier that should have been just another faceless soul to the grinder but she remembered him. Big and strong, couldn't have been older than 18 the poor sod. Probably scared just as much of fighting them as those he served. Wishing to be back on his parents farm, safe from the war and in a warm bed knowing the next day would be like the last instead of being woken by an artillery bombardment. Yes she remembered everything about that kill. The grime on his black armor, the color of his eyes and the last words he spoke. That day as most since she landed on that hell hole Seris stalked the ruins and trenches with rifle in hand and a silent step. Snipers were some of the most despised people in war. Commanders of the enemy hated them for killing officers and hurting moral. The soldiers held that same feeling but considered them cowards too. Killing from afar and in hiding with no chance of reprisal for killing your friend. Well it was lucky or unlucky how you want to think about it, he got the drop on her. It was from around a blind corner. Couldn't hear anything over another bombardment anyways. A tackle came after a split second of surprise by both. Seris was on her back and this fellow were both struggling over her rifle. Only by some manner of luck she had a leg free to push off the wall with. A butt to the brainbucket of her rifle got him off. A quick second hit knocked his helmet off completely. The two fought on for over a minute, the rifle was tossed aside for a knife after he got his hands on it again. Now was the true fight for survival. Slowly the knife came closer to his neck. She weighted more than him, using that to her advantage to overpower his strength. Nearer and nearer the blade got he pleaded with her. 'Don't kill me, don't kill me. I won't fight any more. I surrender. Please don't kill me'. The desperation on him. The sunken eyes looking up at a mask of metal. No emotions to be given back but if only he could have seen her face at that moment. She too had terror of her own as he felt. When that knife drove in to his neck, the blood started spitting out his mouth. The resistance ended and the blade buried to the guard. The guilt over killing this boy, who pleaded for his life and she took it away with what right? On Balmorra, eight months of siege had turned them all to monsters. Killing, and surviving, only the basic needs to do so made them beasts. In that moment as humanity rushed back, she questioned the point of it. This whole war had lost reason to her, and she wept. For this boy she could have let live, for the rest killed by her, and the futility.

Seris was no longer just a few grasps from the dunes crest. Long had she surpassed it, yet the distance she could have covered was not had. What mad spell let lose its binding over her near the lower end of the hill. The red sand piled up on her body was partially shaken free as her muscles moved the body to a sitting position. Tears stained the inside of her mask, and her nose was stuffed up. No doubt she had been crying. Clouded still by the sleepless dream Seris wished only to be home, and safe. Away from this red waste that would want nothing more to see her another casualty as the boy she killed. Her heart ached with remorse she had not felt since that day on Balmorra. Why now did this become her bane, existence was a cruel enough fate here without the burden of her past weighing down upon mind and soul. Seris reached under her hood, removing the helmet from her head. Its safe stowage inside her cloak to protect it from any sand. Slowly she wiped away the residue away. A waste of fluids. Fluids she'd need to escape this desert. Continuing on was necessary, a moments rest and some of the remaining water she had would do no harm. Seris swigged back from her canteen. Only a trickle of water rationed for her to quench what she needed a river to do. Stowed away she waited a while longer. Staring out ahead of herself to the red wasteland of nothingness.

"Not today".

Proximity: [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Falcon Gyndar"] | [member="Besk"]
Gear: Energy Bow, Beskad, Legionnaire Armor

Marrik looked over to Falcon and Besk as they posed their questions.

"I am called Marrik. I've been here a moment, though not as long as some others." Marrik pointed to a few people who didn't appear to be with those of the living. Ghosts, and bodies littered the area.

Then, Marrik's gaze lifted to the Pyre above the cave. "That is the only way out, but no one seems to want to go. So why not stay?"

Objective: Find Allies
Allies: [member="Laguz Vald"], [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"],
Enemies: [member="Viktoria Zambrano"],
Unknown: [member="Verz Horak"], [member="Arla Balor"], [member="Ijaat Akun"],

Yelling and shouting. It seemed to never stop. We continued to run and while most of the people coming after us stopped, there were one or two who still wanted us. Turning around, and with both of my hands up, One carried a sword, and one an ax. Ax-man had to come down first. He could kill me in one strike if he wanted more easily than the sword could. Hence why he attacked first.

Rushing me, he brought his weapon up high to strike down. There was no way I could block it, so sidestepping, the ax fell to the ground with a thump. I kicked down on the shaft of the ax with all I had. Not snapping it, but hitting out of the man's hands. Coming in with a right hook that made his head snap on a swivel and break. He fell to the ground like a bag filled with hammers. The Swordswoman rushed me not even a second later. I dodged her first strike, and used my left arm as a shield as her attack came from above. Therefore, her legs were not protected, and prime for me to slam my right boot down onto her left knee and snap it in two.

Her screams filled the area with horror as she crumpled to the ground, I grabbed her sword and ended her misery with a single swing. The sword was dropped as I turned around to see three armor clad individuals. And with Vald standing right in front of a woman who looked a bit like she was someone's mother, yet had been dead a good 50 years. Seeing as how all six, no seven of us, were all standing right smack in the center of a growing crowd, I turned to look towards the armored men, and what seemed to be a woman.

"Mandalorians Right? Eh forget it, We need to survive and so do you. Team up to take out as many as you can."

I know I was not one to really call any shots around here, but soon they would see the situation around them. As well, the lady who was clearly a powerful witch from her past was standing there. She would be calling every few seconds or minutes to keep a hoard around us. We needed to protect eachother, so that someone, can kill the queen.

"Please tell me you guys have some kind of dignity for life?"

I really didn't feel like dying, nor did I feel like being stuck in here. I was guessing the same thing with them since they hadn't attacked us yet.

"We'll duke it out later when we actually have the time."

Garden of Thorns
[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Shane Williams"] | [member="Dak Canton"]
There were so many voices, all of them begging and pleading for help. "Where am I? Where is anyone? Where is Coci, and Nina?" he kept asking himself as he wandered the inhospitable terrain. The vast maze of thorns stretched for miles, it seemed, and everywhere he turned there were other lost souls search for a way out. He felt sluggish and fatigued due to the severed connection to the Force he experienced, yet his body and mind both remained strong. He'd never felt above those without the Force, but now he was thrust into their shoes and he couldn't help but feel so much more empty inside, like something was missing. He'd yet to see anything hostile save for the terrain itself, so all he could do was hope his family was safe. "Coci can handle herself, and Nina is far smarter than me at her age", he thought.

As he wandered aimlessly through the maze, Thurion turned the corner and immediately stopped dead in his tracks. Wide eyes stared at the phantom that appeared before him. It was as tall as a man, but its grotesque appearance made it look like little more than a charred corpse, with it's face merely a black void. It just stood there, blocking his path and "staring" back at him. It spoke to him within his mind. "You left me to die, brother... left me to die... left me to die..." it repeated, with each time breaking down Thurion's resolve further and further. "No! I didn't! You wouldn't let me save you...!" He took a step back only to pierce his skin on the brambles, yet it was preferrable to having to face the shadow before him.

Suddenly the shade moved slowly towards him. Its ghostly feet never moved, but it rather soared above ground. "Hush now, little brother... you are home..." Feeling powerless to stop it, the black phantom moved to put its arms around him. In a sudden burst of azure light Thurion's Jedi weapon was activated and arced upwards, causing the spirit to dissipate before his eyes. Terrified beyond belief, Thurion needed a moment to gather himself. He'd never even realised his lightsaber was still on his person until now, and while it did feel clumsy wielding it without the Force to guide him, at least it was preferrable to being unarmed. With newfound resolve he carried on, now turning his weapon against the thorns.

Ignoring the many cuts he contracted while doing so, Thurion carved his way through the maze rather than play its twisted games. Off in the distance he could hear voices unlike the pleading moans heard throughout his stay in this sick place. His blue lightsaber struck the thick wall of vines and brambles until it gave way, piercing it. He then created an opening large enough for him to step through, and once on the other side he stepped into view of his beloved and a whole group of people he'd never met before, taking the place of the vision she'd seen. "Coci!" he cried out in the midst of heavy breathing.

Objective: Figure it out
Peeps: [member="Token Waters"] [member="Marrik Aloxum"] [member="Falcon Gyndar"]
Kit: Spacer duds, Lightsaber, sonic pistol, The Dagger of Mortis (forgot about it)

He sat up and looked to the young woman. Her blonde tresses framing her nervous face as he worried eyes darted to him. Then he caught sight of the man who seemed nearly the ladies polar opposite as far as looks and anatomy were involved. His dark hair like a crown of black wool and brown eyes. It was intriguing in its way that he should wind up in a place awash with feelings of contentment and instantly meet two complete physical opposites.

He noted the burn of his muscles slowly melt away as wispy figures moved about behind the pair near an altar bathed in blue flame.

"Seamus," He said slowly pushing up to his booted feet, "Seamus Valik and the last thing I remember was jumping into my bunk after a mission to purchase gear for the Ossus academy. Then I woke up falling here."

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Shane Williams"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

She felt the heavy hand of Mrrew on her shoulder, trying to prevent her from moving forward toward Thurion. Standing there smiling and encouraging her to come to him. No she would not be stopped, all that mattered to her stood before her and of all things in the galaxy and in this strange place, he was her constant and now he is here too. Maybe he knew, maybe he had come to take her home. Coci shrugged off Mrrew's hand and was about to go to him, when a stranger came from nowhere and took her up.

All of them telling her it is an illusion, a trick of this foul place and deep down she knew it was true. "Put me down", she asked quietly. "Did you hear that?", she asked as her head turned only to see the light of a blue lightsaber through the thickets coming closer to them. Another one lost in this place, then as the person drew near, and stepped forward calling her name, she looked with wide eyes at her beloved. Then back to the illusion of him, which began to disappear as Thurion stepped through into the clearing.

Tears welling in her eyes for reasons selfish and of concern. "Thurion! It is me", she said moving quickly to him and taking hold of him the tightest she has ever held him. "Do you know? do you know where we are?', she asked knowing the answer, as he looked just as lost as them all. Then her thoughts went to Nina, is she lost here too? "Thurion we have to get home, we must find our way out". Coci is overwhelmed by this place, and a growing sense of urgency now filled her heart. They would all perish here if they simply do nothing.

She turned back to them all, "We must form some sort of a plan to get out, at least if we are going to die .. lets do it on our terms".

Keter

The Renegade

Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Skeleton. Metal. Rock. Rock. Pool of blood. Rock. Mud patch. Rock. Rock. Shirvelled grass. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Scissors. Rock. Lizard. Rock. Rock. Rock. Pool of blood. Rock. Paper. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Skeleton. Rock.

Still humming a silly tune to himself from one of the holo-movies that Celeste loved, the blond was almost hopping along, taking in his surroundings with a more and more disillusioned eye.

This.

Was.

SO.

BORING.

He had almost been tempted to draw his weapons and start practicing some forms, but that would slow him down. He had to keep moving. At least this stupid place didn't make him feel hungry or thirsty. Shaking his head, Keter continued to walk,

Rock. Rock. Metal ore. Rock. Blood. Rock. Rock. Rock. Weapon. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Skeleton. Rock. Rock. Rock. [member="Feena Mason"] . Rock. Rock.

Wait a minute.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Proximity: [member="Seris Vant"]
Gear: Beskar'gam, Heavy Ripper, Mythosaur battle axe

"How much farther?" The woman asked again as the little band of people of many walks of life trudged along.

"How am I supposed to know lady? Do I look like I'm from here?" He said not turning to meet her eyes.

His boots slid about in the loose crimson sand. Red meant iron rich in his estimation and that more often than not said rain wasn't coming anytime soon. He continued to walk as a man from the back started pushing people out of the way to get to Cuyan.

"Then why are you leading the way?!" The man yelled as he pulled Cuyan around to face him.

"Because you followed me." Cuyan replied coldly, "Don't want to follow, then feth of and let me worry about my own shebs."

Cuyan started to turn away as the man pulled a knife and lunged for him. His heavy ripper barked once and bucked hard in his hands as the man's face drained of color.

"Bad choice Aruetise." He said as the man fell. "Follow or don't. I'm moving."

"Oh, well, there goes a great guy."

By the time Razer left, I already had my pants on. Absentmindedly checking through my gear and passing Rikki hers, I smiled at Keturah. This place wasn't affecting me too badly, yet. Clearly it'd been bothering her enough that she'd been crying. I pulled my shirt and boots on, and then reached out to hug the scared princess.

"It's okay Ketty-cat... Me and Rikki will get you back home. First, though, we gotta find something to eat. Some kind of ani-"

A huge nexu leapt onto the rocky outcrop of the cave and roared at us.

"Speak of the devil."

[member='Keturah Sin'] [member='Rik'Tani']

Sin1

S
[member="The Ferrymen of the River"] [member="Tora Mirkew"]

Razer looked at the ferry woman, then back at Tora, and once again back to the ferry woman. "I wish to travel this place, learn of it's purpose, and whatever else it has to offer, but, I feel I will learn nothing in a bog of blood. Is there other places? Somewhere other's have yet to explore?" Pretty much, he wanted to stay. He would leave when he felt like it. "I once died, and now am alive, I wish to see the places to which I would have stayed..." He looked at Tora, "But this is my choice, and not for the group, they may go back to the lives they lead." He looked back at the ferry woman. "I'm staying."

Naast'ika Laaran was confused. A moment ago he was in hyperspace, hurling himself across the vast darkness between starts. But now... he appeared to be on a planet. Even more strangely, he was ON the planet. Not exiting hyperspace above it. Not flying through its atmosphere or exploring its oceans. Naast'ika Laaran was on the surface of the planet, his bulk pressing hard against the dirt of the world and hurting what passed for the creature's chest. Confused, Naast'ika did what seemed most appropriate. He activated his Dovin Basal biots and created a point of gravity above himself. This point grew and expanded in strength, first lifting dust and small rocks from the surface of the planet. After a few moments, Naast'ika felt the pain in his chest reside as his bulk was lifted into the air and he began to move forward slowly.

The world around him was a strange one. Powerful sensors reached out for answers and found only more questions. Thousands of lifeforms appeared on sensors, each of which appearing to be a humanoid and most likely sentient. But there were a curious lack of radiowaves, subspace signals, or any other form of technological communication. By all rights, any world with this dense of a population should have some semblance of technology for Naast'ika to detect. Then there was the magnetics... the gravitational and magnetic fields coming from the world were... wrong. Everything just felt wrong.

Naast'ika chirped at his crew as he drifted over a large, slow moving river. His crew was with him, each appearing to be just as confused by their sudden arrival on a strange planet and the strange reading coming from Naast'ika's sensors. It was a sudden burst of traffic on a common communications frequency that gave them purpose. They were unable to receive the transmission. Naast'ika and crew heard only static. But they now knew that there was someone else on the planet that might have answers, and they now knew which direction to travel.

Without needing to hear the orders spoken, Naast'ika turned sharply to the left and followed the river towards the source of the transmission.

[member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Nima Tann"]

Location: Fork down to Behelian Canyon (left) and over to Blood Wastes (right)

Connor held the deactivated lightsaber hilt in his right hand as he sidestepped down the crumbling rocky slope from the plateau he had been on, glancing over his shoulder now and then to ensure the energy emitting spirit wasn’t near him.

The comlink was held to his mouth.

”Any frequency please respond. This is Master Connor Harrison of the Silver Jedi, please come in. Urgent, over.”

Another attempt to reach anyone. Someone. [member="Nima Tann"] had gone quiet – the voice in his head obviously.

The misty river was now in the distance, running gently and quietly through a narrow chasm. Ahead of him, a strange terrain that looked like burnt rock emitting weapons, staffs and blades from the ground like some strange homage to battle. However, the river cut him off.

Walking to the bank, he followed the river as best he could before coming to a natural fork in the path – leading down into a far reaching canyon, or off to the eerie glow of swamp land, which still looked like gently bubbling lava of some kind – was it lava? It had to be. Nothing else was red and as pungent…no, of course not.

Connor took the time to look around, glancing up at the green orb pulsing in the sky, flares spitting from it that, to be seen from the ground of the planet, must have been enormous in space. Another factor leading him to think this was something brought on by the Sith Magic.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew turned suddenly at the sudden sound of another lightsaber. Another force user? His question was confirmed when an almost exact replica of the mirage-like illusion stepped from the brambles. ... What? The Togorian blinked between Coci and the an that just appeared, as the former ran to the latter. ... Okay so that one wasn't an illusion.... "Anyone care to tell me what the feth is going on?" Normally he'd be a bit more poilte, but they were in the middle of some hellish bramble garden being chased down by disembodied voices and singing monsters. Being nice wasn't a nessecity here.

Mrrew attention turned back to Coci as she spoke up. "We must form some sort of a plan to get out, at least if we are going to die .. lets do it on our terms" "Dying? Who said anything about dying?" He certainly wasn't planning to die here. He knew he'd die at some point, that becomes pretty obvious when you make it your profession to run into Leviathon caves or hunt Terentateks. But in a forest like something out of a holoflick? Not the way he was planning on going.

The Eternal Queen

She was starting to become more and more convinced that this was not, in fact, a dream. Somehow she'd managed to travel through... whatever, to get here. That thought just made her feel worse now, after abandoning her companions. She let out a sigh as the figure in the distance became strikingly clearer.

[member="Keter"] Mason. No. Just another blonde man with cybernetics in his face. There had to be hundreds of them, right? All around the same height, same build, with the same sense of dramatic style? She was about to let herself just walk right past him. Almost, but she stopped, blinking.

"Well, Keke, look's like I'm not dreaming after all."

Where were they? Well that was all sorts of a loaded question. Were they dead? Token remembered a farmers market on Sabarene. And then here. And she couldn't feel the Force. Silly for the girl who had a loaded history with it, but it was starting to bring her comfort. Blame her intense feelings on people.

Falcon. Marrik. Seamus. Well at least someone had a name like she did. "I'm Token." Her typically jubilant tone was lost here. "This place... feels familiar?" but that could be because she read so much. Maybe it was in a story.

Or something.

If they could just find a body of water, it would call her down. Go figure with that surname.

She had no clue where she was but the elevated aggression she was feeling, coupled with her madness, had transformed the Dagobah Sith into a predator. She moved through the wasteland looking for someone or something to kill. She did not care the Force was absent from her, she had experienced something almost similar before. With lightsaber in her hand, she marched about daring anyone or anything to challenge her. And she didn't have to wait long.

Sitting on a moss covered rock was an elderly man, late 60's, sobbing into his hands. He didn't even notice or see her when she crept up on him. And he didn't even see the crimson blade before it was jammed into his chest. At that moment, everything went black....

Transported From Blood Wastes To Alderaan

[member="The Ferrymen of the River"] [member="Razer Sin"]

"Don't care""

The mercerary answered the ferryman simply, andshe didnt. Whether she died in hell or real life meant little to her. That wasn't to say she loved this place or wanted to stay here for good.... but for it interested her greatly, and beside she couldn't do her job if she left.

"Someone has to prevent him from getting himself one shoted"

She muttered indicating Razer beside her.

Keter

The Renegade

"Oh. Wait. You're dreaming? Or you in MY dream again?" the blond asked, glancing about. "Because somehow I didn't think this is what your landscape looked like. I always imagined it as more like Naboo," Keter admitted. "Remember anything about how you got here? Or did you just over-work yourself again?" the renegade continued, focusing on his wife with a faintly disapproving tone. He hated how invested she got in her work. It was detrimental to her health.

[member="Feena Mason"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom