Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enter the Crucible [ CIS Dominion of Shimia ]

BX-22222

B
Bwahahahaha!!! She thinks your name is Splinter! That's hilarious! Does that mean you will do what I say?

Duece twitched again at the sound of Splinter and his amusement. Some days he questioned the validity of the Makers choosing to put organic shards into perfect droid forms. His programming couldn't decipher how the Makers could conceive that the joining of the two would make him, or others like him, more efficient. But to question the Makers would be heresy.

"Deus volt."

Following Morgan toward the ungainly organics he sent an update from his systems to Morgan via his internal comminations array.

BX Commando Unit: BX-22222
Designation: Duece
Fire Team: Deus Volt
Participant in 'Organic Crystalline Project'
Organic Shard: Inventory #3,891
Shard Designation: Splinter

As they small group stopped and watched as several crates were offloaded and quickly opened Duece considered the prospect of these organics waking around with the assistance of the B1 retrofits. It seemed a better use would be an amputation of the unsightly legs and a true merge of technology and organic.

As he was considering asking if that would not be more efficient, Duece got a warning of a slight overheating of his energy cell. The slight murmering of Splinter was being ignored. But now Duece was cataloging the information he was receiving.

Look at the legs. They go all day long now don't they? You know what they call a splinter right? A small ...

"That is I'm violation or protocols V-879L52 and B-536J21. Cease and desist or you will go on report."

I'm just saying, that's one fine hunk of machinery right there.

If Duece understood the concept of a facepalm his hand would be solidly hitting the photo receptors of his head at the moment.

Objective: Liberation

She just gave a straight face to the Sith lord at his response, sure he was a more powerful force user, but she was in now was intimidated. "I'm a Apex Commando and Genosian Knight assigned for convert Ops in the city, as for why I am here, my private ship was not ready for the invasion and lacked certain component, but because of the quick deployment a suitable replacement was not easy to come by".

All she did was roll her eyes at the comment, Kurenai couldn't care less what he did, she didn't plan to follow him any ways, her target was the main control room in the Red Keep, it just so happened to coincide with the dark lords plans, still, he would provide a useful distraction. She broke off from the Sith Lord, making her own way, across the roofs, keeping to the shadows and trying to avoid the patrols as much as possible.

IV

In short order, the creatures below would have felt the sting of their stagnancy. Confirmation of their consequence began to blare over the comm. My warriors, proud and strong, declared their Dominion over the streets. None stood in their way. None were foolish enough to resist. Excellent. Everything now would be as it should. The vile creatures would be inspired to work all the harder for their Master. The Crucible would be diligently fed from their sacrifice.

I turned away and looked upon my city.

Countless lights now roamed the streets: Squads of my bravest and finest dedicated to keeping order. From the hovels to the Forges, the curfew was Swift and effective. In fact, a hush soon fell upon the city, broken only by the din of industry nearby.
It was beau-

KATHOOOM!!

What?

How.

HOW?

My Forge...the meat of the Crucible's feast...flame now consumed its mighty form. A vicious explosion ripped through its outermost wall, coupled with shrieks of terror. Those creatures...They did this. The dared to bite the hand that fed them! This would not go unpunished. They would pay...they would pay with blood. "Don't just stand there, MOVE! Extinguish that fire! Round up those damn creatures too! Do it NOW!" My order was bellowed about the room and immediately my closest personnel departed.

I sent all I had to remedy this rebellion. Now it was the Red Keep that was silent, save for ragged sounds of my respirator. Now, alone, I watched as my work rested in the hands of those beneath me.

[member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Chalim Vern"], [member="Morgan Redeaux"], [member="BX-22222"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Chalim and the crew loaded the boxes filled with the H1s onto a trailer for their speeder and headed for the gate. Chalim was driving with Arridrrl and Oes as passengers, "Arridrrl, you're here to unload all the boxes, Oes, when I say situation, you kill the enforcers with us. The rest of you, wait until it looks clear, cloak, and pick us up, I'll have a transmitter on me. Everyone understand?" Nods went all around the group, "Perfect, let's get moving," Chalim said as he jumped into the speeder.
When they reached the gate two enforcers meet them, "You the Celestial team."
"Yep, Oes back there," raising her hand and nodding, "and Arridrrl next to me."
"Arrrrr!"
"Look, we don't want to get into trouble, so no detours," one of the enforcers whispered.
"Got it, just sit in the back with Oes and we'll be on our way," one went around and they got in on either side of Oes, who looked like she had a blank face, but her eyes told Chalim that she had blood lust. The trip went fairly uneventful, they saw many enforcers going around, but whenever they saw the two enforcers with them, they continued on their way. Chalim as chatty as ever, about time to take them out, he thought as they rounded the final corner before the factory. That's when it blew, BOOM! The largest explosion he had ever seen engulfed the factory. He whispered, "Looks like we have a situation," and no sooner did he finish that did he hear a noise from the back, which turned out to be Oes stowing the bodies below out of sight, "Okay, that wasn't meant to be the keyword, but I guess it was as good a time as ever," he looked back at the fire, the inferno made the cool night warm, it was beautiful, but it didn't last; Arridrrl shook him and Chalim realized he had be yelling at him for a while now, "Arrrrrrrr!"
"Right, enforcers will be here any second now, and if they get us," as he looked at the bodies on the back seat floor, we'll be done for," he hit the gas and turned down an alleyway, going as far away as possible as quickly as possible, while trying to not loose any of the droids on the trailer, "Most of the enforcers will be at the factory soon, if we deploy the droids we'll be able to encircle them, trap them against the factory," Oes said.
"Good idea, Arridrrl, get back there and start throwing them off the side, when we've gone along in a semi circle I'll activate them and have them trap the enforcers."
[member="Gath"]
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]
[member="BX-22222"]

OBJECTIVE: the blockade

Sitting in the command chair he finished the last bite of pie before setting the plate and fork to the side. Pulling a deathstick from his breast pocket he lightly tapped it upon the armrest as his eyes watched the live Holo feed from the hyperspace communication array. Captain Sven sat composed as the countdown for reversion to real space began. Lighting the deathstick he watched with anticipation as battle group one of Task Force Unicorn dropped into the system, engines moving the ships toward Shimia.

The Gambler's Fate took point with the Facade carriers tucked tightly at her aft. Behind the carriers ten Dire Patrol Ships followed closely. They were arrayed in a tight formation, the Capitas class Star Destroyer in the lead heading directly for Gath's blockade. Captain Sven gave the order Muad was expecting, "Forward shields, full power. Do not lock on with targeting computers yet."

Leaning forward the Scion gritted his teeth. He greatly disliked not being at the fore of battle. But this was his plan and his choice, and despite his displeasure at being benign at the moment he knew their time would come.

The Gambler's Fate continued her trek toward the blockade as Muad watched with increasing anticipation.

[member="Gath"] [member="Aedan Miles"]

Shimia
Obj - BYOO
Post I

Cady managed to find herself planetside, safely from the watchful eyes of the Crucible thanks to a lowly smuggler Cady convinced to get her on Shimia. She had come to procure some particular merchandise and not to aid her allies in their liberation of the world. She thought it would have been a better idea to befriend this Gath character and use him and his army in the name of the Confederacy against their enemies, but she knew the leadership was too shortsighted to think of this. This is how she found herself where she was now.

Cady slipped through the jungle she was currently within, in search of her contact. Her purpose on the planet was unknown to all but her, but it was important enough for her to take time out of her day to do so. It was the most opportune time considering other agents of the Confederacy were also there to provide a distraction should the need arise.

Natasha nodded, speaking a simple phrase. "Yes, Sir." The flat, regulated tone masking her regret in the action. The order was sent out, and although she wished she could avoid it, there was nothing she could do. Quietly, she sent a message out to Sector Zero. Curfew at sundown. Don't get caught. It was short, but anyone connected to the agency would have the warning.

As she finished, a noise like thunder ripped through the air, shattering the relative quiet of the Keep. The factory was up in flames. And with it, any hope of them saving the scholars. The CIS had moved too soon, and now the Crucible would have the advantage. An uncharacteristic swear flew from her lips, a moment of anger that broke through her unflinching facade. One of the technicians flashed her a confused look, as if he had caught on to her charade. She didn't let on that she had noticed, instead moving to do as they were ordered. The pair of them moved to help secure the area.

After all, you had to fight to survive in the Crucible.

As they raced through the streets, she felt him stop behind him. Turning to look, she saw the blaster raised at her. "You're not who you say you are." He spoke with a resolve, quietly. She watched, thinking. His hand was shaking. "I've had my suspicions. You act like you're hiding something. But today..." He took in a deep breath. "Today you suppressed an alarm. You sent out a coded message. And you swore." The barrel of the gun began to quiver, tracing irregular squibbles in the air. His hand was shaking. "You never swear, Tori. Never."

He knew to much. She had to kill him, or get him to join them. The question was, how much could she risk?

Watching as the Gambler's Fate closer to the planet and blockade Muad looked at the communications officer and the radar. No other ships had entered the system and the Pirate King was notoriously absent as of yet. Rising from his chair he moved over the the female officer.

"No word from the Admiral yet?"

The officer shook her head lightly, her ponytail bobbing with the motion. "No sir. Nothing yet." Sighing the Mad Knight returned to the command chair and looked at the live feed from the Holo projector which showed a very calm and composed Captain Sven sitting aboard the bridge. As her eyes turned to look at her commander's hologram she arched an eyebrow.

"Looks like Task Force Unicorn get the glory today Captain. Begin sidewinder maneuver as you give them a chance to surrender."

Captain Sven nodded. Leaning back Muad lit another deathstick as he watched his plan begin.

The Star Destroyer, near the blockade, began to turn to their port side (left) angling until their entire starboard side (right) was facing the blockade being parallel with the enemy line. The three Facade pocket carriers accelerated to slide parallel with the port side of the Gambler's Fate while the ten Dire Class Patrol Ships twitched their yokes easing their ships into the shadow of the destroyer.

As they were arrayed the starboard side was facing the blockade with the starboard sides of the carriers matching the same direction. The bows of the ten Dire Class Patrol Ships aimed at the blockade. But all thirteen support ships were currently blocked from the blockade's view.

Captain Sven began to give orders as she followed the battle plans. "Shunt port side shield power to the starboard side. I want a readout of the capital ships out there. Designate targets and forward to the gunnery crews. All hands prepare for combat. And open a frequency to Gath's blockade."

The bridge burst into quiet action as commands were followed. The communications officer nodded to Captain Sven as a channel was opened to the enemy. Looking to the hologram of Muad she nodded, relaying that he was free to speak as his voice was being transmitted from her ship. Speaking calmly and clearly Muad began.

"This is Commander Muad Dib, Captain of the Gambler's Fate, Commander of Task Force Unicorn, and Scion of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. We order you to power down weapons, lower your shields, and surrender immediately. Or we will take your non-compliance as an act of aggression and we will respond with force."

The shadow that was Kentarch slipped through the crack's of the Red Keep's defenses. The surveillance systems were unable to find him, the Keep's walls were unable to hold him at bay, the Crucible's soldiers were unable to track him. Kentarch had finally come to central structure of the Keep itself, and scaled up the exterior via a utility pipe attached to structure itself. Eventually he came to a thin ledge, which he jumped onto and carefully balanced himself on, then skulked over to an open window he spotted earlier.

Making his way into a stairway his concentration was broken by a sudden explosion that rocked the keep itself. A factory in the city had been set ablaze, by forces or elements that were unknown to the Sith Lord. However what those forces may be, he still had one objective. Eliminate [member="Gath"], which would in effect cause the Crucible's grip on this world to crumble. Seconds after the explosion, every soldier and enforcer in the Keep sprung to life, rushing off to suppress whatever rogue elements had caused the explosion in the first place. Kentarch found himself slid behind a weapon's locker as Crucible forces vacated the Red Keep to and rushed into the factory district. Now a few minutes later there was an eerie silence within the Keep.

The path to leader of the crucible was now clear, and Kentarch slid out from his hiding place and made his way unhindered to the command room. Darth Kentarch's form materialized in the command room behind Gath, in his right hand his lightsaber came to life, the Crimson blade pointed passively towards the ground.

"I will give you this one chance." Kentarch's voice said ominously. "Surrender to your forces to CIS control now, or suffer the consequences."

Tag: [member="Darth Kentarch"] , [member="Gath"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]KATHOOOM!![/SIZE]

What was that? Immediately, her head turned and her palms latched on to the wall behind her as the explosion went off in the distance. She recognized the sound though in her memories, the explosions were always far weaker than the one that had hit right now. The light ringing in the ears made her mind repeat the sound a second later.

[SIZE=20pt]KATHOOOM!![/SIZE]

Immaterially, her mind had completely wrapped around the idea and grinned, smoke and rubble no match for the panic that had spread through the streets. The understanding what it was had completely grounded the girl that her mind zeroed in on what she had wanted to do. The sight of the streets told her it was the perfect time. “Let’s go,” Katrine muttered to herself and pushed herself off before she began to run, making a turn towards the Red Keep. Panic was definitely hot in the air; even the soldiers seemed distracted by it rather than their initial task.

Smell of smoke and fire was thick in the air as she ran, avoiding a confused native by a quick jump to the side before she kept running. There was that curiosity of hers again but rather than the child she had once been having a curiosity to see just what had exploded and how shiny it looked, this new Katrine was determined to get to the Red Keep which is why she’d stuck around in the first place.

The commotion had been plenty of help to her, allowing her to run with her senses outstretched to give her an even better idea what was ahead. When the Red Keep came to view, the girl gave herself no more than seconds for her blue gaze to study its outside, catching a glimpse of the soldiers marching out through the main entrance. Not the way in, the Lupine decided and instead chose a first level opening, running until she was within reach to summon the Force into her feet, jumping up high. It was higher though then she had done before, forcing her to her grab on to the ledge and scramble her feet a few times before she managed to push herself in, rolling throughout the floor until she paused, one knee on the floor and the other up high as she crouch and inspected where she had landed.

So quiet, she realized suddenly. The soldiers have departed; any sounds reaching her ears were coming from the outside. Rather than continuing in a room, Katrine proceeded with a caution, studying her surroundings as she moved. The further she went; the noise from the outside grew quieter. For a short while, there was nothing but the silence before the sound of a voice reached her ears, drawing her nearer to it. Surrender to your force to CIS controls now, or suffer the consequences. Her ears literally perked to the sound of that, Katrine didn’t even realize her hood had fallen at some point, revealing her purple hair.

What do they mean CIS? Didn’t it fade away in the now? Her mind kept producing the thoughts as she walked, moving slightly from view as she noticed the menacing figure in the distance. It took her a moment extra to recognize the sound coming from the room as well. Is that breathing? Katrine thought rather surprised at the hair-raising sound, her eyes further distracted by the shiny blade in another’s hand. “Ooh, pretty color,” Katrine found herself muttering out loud before she could stop herself.

The streets were silent, all expect for the constant clattering of feet from the enforcers running down the pavement, on edge and keeping a watchful eye out. Kurenai layed still against a wall, the shadows covering her black clothed body and face camouflage, being but a till shadow in the night, but hiding forever would not get her anywhere. At each opportunity she slipped between cover, keeping in the blind spots of the surveillance while dashing between gaps in the patrol, still it was slow progress, that was until a lucky explosian sounded in the distance.

Looking out of cover a fire ball erupted in the distance, lighting up the sky and drawing the attention of all those around, a perfect way to get past the defenses in one fell swoop. While bother enforcers and civilians were distracted Kurenai made a dash from the spot to the wall, coming close to the edge but not going any further, as a guard blocked the way.

She held her position and waited, said guard starting to walk down the street and right past her, a hand shot out form the shadow and grabbed round the guards head pulling him out of view of the street. A sickening snap echoing for no on to hear, followed by Kurenai leaving cover and scaling the wall, a security card now in hand to by pass the door and other lock preventing access to the main control room.

Slowly she sneaked into the main area, no one non the wiser for the time being, and with Darth hissy fit trying to solo it, if things when wrong she could use him as a distraction. Staying silent she came near the control room, hearing the words of said Sith lord, demanding [member="Gath"] surrender, 'if this Gath is anything like what I have read up, I doubt that".

What do they mean CIS? Didn’t it fade away in the now?

Her mind kept producing the thoughts as she walked, moving slightly from view as she noticed the menacing figure in the distance. It took her a moment extra to recognize the sound coming from the room as well. Is that breathing? Katrine thought rather surprised at the hair-raising sound, her eyes further distracted by the shiny blade in another’s hand. “Ooh, pretty color,” Katrine found herself muttering out loud before she could stop herself...

"Nothing fades away, little wolf..."

As she began to see colors as she was meant to, a somber yet authoritarian voice called to her. It fed her animal instincts, yet guided her as if it knew exactly where she was. It came over her for but a moment as a guiding light. Yet, it spoke only to her. And as she came to a stop, it spoke once more.

"Go. Now. Do not hesitate. ...RUN!"

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

V

They dare.

I knew this day would come. I knew that it was only a matter of time before the Liberators or Stormtroopers came knocking at my door. I had taken every precaution for this instance...I had locked the world, I had locked down its people. Yet still, they challenged my rule. Still, the challenged the Crucible. Rage...An inferno burned within my belly as the identity of the day's foe became clear. The comm was suddenly alive with confirmation, for a demand of surrender was made to my blockade. "All ships, do not surrender. Fight to the last man! Blast them out of our skies!"

The answer to the demand of [member="Muad Dib"] was a hail of Turbolaser fire. The lead vessel, a Star Destroyer known as the Almighty, began coordinating a bold offensive. The totality of the blockade fired their weapons forward, attempting to concentrate their aggression on the middle of the Task Force. Coupled with this was the launch of their first Starfighter wave. Squadrons of mixed fighters and bombers quickly surged through the black, intent on making a series of ordnance strikes.

The Crucible would not falter this day.

As my order was given, the iconic snap and hiss of a lightsaber blade reached my ears. I looked. I felt. Darkness...But why? This being before me oozed shadow...but he demanded that the Crucible surrender to the Confederacy? "Are we not the same, you and I?" I asked, perplexed. Yet, I reached for my saber all the same. The mammoth hilt fit well in my hand, yet I did not awaken its blade just yet. "Are we not children of the Black? Warriors of the Darkness? Why...Why would one such as you demand that I kneel to the Confederacy? Why do you even entertain their 'freedom' loving society? Is it not our way to be dominant? Superior?"

[member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Aedan Miles"]

"Captain Sven, please take care of the Almighty. See you soon."

The hologram of Muad Dib disappeared as the enemy flagship, Almighty, began it's assault upon the fleet opposing it. Enemy starfighters swarmed from the blockade giving chase to the barrage lancing out at the Gambler's Fate. "Open a channel ship wide", Captain Sven stated calmly. At the brief nod from the communication officer the Captain spoke," Brace for impact." Quad laser cannons and flak cannons fired in their attempt to knock out the incoming missile fire. While many were destroyed the destroyer still rocked from the salvo.

Stone faced the Captain nodded once more to the communication officer. "This is Captain Sven. Fire on the Almighty." At her command hell was unleashed upon the enemy flagship. One hundred and sixty four concussion missiles lanced out, many converging upon the encroaching starfighter screen. But many more homing in on the Almighty. The enemy was able to take out a portion of the incoming missile. But not enough.

As the missiles collided with shields and overwhelmed them, a few explosions marked the hull. When the first salvo from Captain Sven's fleet released she ordered a barrel roll, rotaing the Gambler's Fate to place the opposite side's shields into play. But only a second after the missiles were fired a volley of one hundred and twelve proton torpedoes were released to slam into the unprotected hull of the Almighty, destroying the flagship into a mishaped hulk that vented atmosphere and was riddled with internal explosions.

From the shadow of the Gambler's Fate swarmed the ten Dire Class Patrol Ships, with seventy two Cutlass Class Gunships. Once the Gambler's Fate had turned it's side to the blockade the Facade Class Pocket Carriers released the ships they were carrying. Divided into five groups comprised of two Dire Patrol Ships and a squadron of Gunships, they effectively began assaulting the incoming starfighters with the remaining Gunship squadron coordinating with the destroyer in targeting the support ships of the blockade.

As the Gambler's Fate finished her roll and placing fresh shields toward the attackers Captain Sven gave another order as the sister Star Destroyer of the Almighty, called the Crusher, began to fire upon the Confederacy destroyer. "Shunt shield power to the port side. Activate gravity well generators." Bracing slightly as the Gambler's Fate rocked with the Crusher's retaliatory attack.

Space was disturbed as the second half of Task Force Unicorn was pulled from hyperspace, Charlie the Unicorn's bow knife edging into the blockade line. Pulled from space alongside Charlie was six Dire Patrol Class ships (three on either side), eight more Cutlass Class Gunships (four on either side), twelve squadrons of dread fighters (six on either side), and five squadrons of E-25s tucked into the aft.

At the sudden appearance of a larger and closer enemy fleet the blockade faltered momentarily. However, thanks to the Holonet hyperspace communication between the two prongs, Commander Dib and his fleet knew exactly what they were jumping into. Rising from his chair Muad pointed at the massive Crusher.

"Slag her."

The port side turbolasers unleashed a barrage of two hundred blasts from her cannons into the Crusher as one hundred and twenty proton torpedoes launched from the five squadrons of the E-25s into the enemy destroyer as well. The focus of turbolasers and torpedoes intersected the center of the Crusher which split the mighty ship in twain.

"All battle groups, you have your assignments. No mercy. They had their chance to surrender. Burn them all down. No one escapes."

Moving back to his chair he watched the E-25s, Dire Class Patrol Ships, and Cutlass Class Gunships pair into groups around Charlie the Unicorn and begin taking out the supporting ships of the blockade in coordination with the massive turbolasers of Charlie, while six dozen squadrons of dread fighters attacked the starfighter line sent from the blockade along their rear. The remaining six dozen squadrons of dread fighters shot off to mark the perimeter, using their speed and superior numbers to wipe out any seeking to flee the engagement as the interdictor was still pulsing the artificial gravity wells.

Post II

Cady eventually came upon the ragged hut she was in search for. Her upper lip curled in disgust as she laid her gaze on the somehow-standing structure. The piercing smell of cattle's dung filled their air and ferociously disgusted her. "Ack," she coughed harshly as she steeped into the hut. There was a pair of clawdites wearing what appeared to be the gear of mercenaries. "You should consider yourselves lucky I do not cut you down for making me come to this backwater." Cady said with her nose and mouth covered by her arm, shielding her from as much as the smell as possible.

"We are deeply sorry for this, my lady, but there was no other way. The Confederacy deeply frowns upon slavery, you know this. You are the only one we could speak to." one of the Clawdites said.

"Well, what is it you are asking of me?" Cady asked.

The other Clawdite began to speak up. "We've at least 750 Zolander slaves prepared to serve you, m'lady. All we ask is that you provide the cover for the operation. We heard tales of Koensayr Manufacturing suddenly siding with the Confederacy."

Cady raised an eyebrow as she responded. "And? Are you assuming I had some hand in this?"

One of the Clawdites smiled. "We have eyes and ears everywhere, m'lady. We know things you would not believe. But, that is a tale for another time. We ask for your aid in our most desperate of times. They are very well trained and shall serve you well."

Cady took a moment to ponder before responding. "Very well. I have an idea for what to do. I have need for a new factory to supply my business. It'll be the perfect cover." One of the Clawdites extended a hand towards Cady. She quickly removed her arm from her face and gave the Clawdite a firm shake before returning her arm to her face just as fast as she removed it. With that dealing concluded, Cady left the hut and started heading back for her ship.

Objective: Guard the city of Ixam and help the Pacithhip
Allies: [member="BX-22222"]

For a few minutes Morgan and Pau examined the blueprints, and with help from a droid engineer, tweaked a few of the measurements. As there were different shapes and sizes of Pacithhip, there would need to be at least three various models of cybernetic legs, not to mention the sizes for children. Satisfied with the revisions, Morgan then reviewed the update sent by Splinter.

BX Commando Unit: BX-22222
Designation: Duece
Fire Team: Deus Volt
Participant in 'Organic Crystalline Project'
Organic Shard: Inventory #3,891
Shard Designation: Splinter

“Oh!” she exclaimed nearly dropping her datapad. “You’re a shard, Splinter. I’ve never met one in the… synthflesh as it were.” Just how he got into the ranks of Fire Team: Deus Volt was a mystery, but his origins certainly explained the schizophrenic personality she’d encountered earlier.

The plight of the Pacithhip all but faded into the background as rebuilding archaic droids was one of Morgan’s passionate hobbies. She would certainly enjoy studying Splinter. Or was it Deuce?

“You are quite the anomaly,” she remarked, not noticing the droid’s round metallic eyes drinking in her long, showgirl legs. “I would love to have a peek at your programming. Maybe you can plug into one of my ports, and I’ll run a long, slow diagnostic on you after all. I’m so excited to find out how the shard, the software and your hardware all works together.”

If there was any such thing as droid foreplay, this was about as close as it got.

Post 2

Aedan Miles smiled as suddenly the space above the enemy force attacking @Maud Dib would be filled with the visage of his forces ships of size ranging from the Super Carrier Shadow down to his patrol ships appearing and within seconds the space above the enemy was filled with turbolaser and missile fire. Following shortly after the volley a literal cloud of fighters were disgorged from his carriers bombers and fighter craft alike falling like vultures upon the enemy below them now practically trapped against the planet with no hope for escape and as luck was not with them today mercy. Aedan merely stood on his bridge toying with a bottle of brandy as he watched his ships fire upon the enemy gunships and bombers swarming like locust amongst the larger vessels while their fighters found themselves as mere target practice for the more advanced and experienced fighters under Aedan's command. A small dark smile crossed his lips as he lifted his bottle to his lips drinking deeply from it as he started to hum suddenly watching the destruction below him.

[member="Gath"]

Whatever resolve the man had held before, it was beginning to waiver. "Who are you working for?" There was a hint of fear, desperately suppressed amidst the thin wall of iron he presented. A cold, blank stare answered him. "Is it the Empire? The Confederacy?" The shake in his hand began to grow. "Or some other group here just to mess with us?"

She took a step closer, her voice low. "Why does it matter? It's too late for anything you do to matter." A hand shot out, batting the blaster's barrel aside. He managed to squeeze the trigger, a single shot flying into one of the enforcers who had come back to check on them. There was little other noise, and amidst the chaos of the growing battle, it wouldn't register. Her next blow caught him in the throat. He fell backwards, landing hard and coughing. Instantly, as if by instinct, she was on top of him, a trained arm weighing down on his throat. "Listen carefully. Go find the nearest invader and surrender. Tell them that under Protocol Zero-three Seven, you are required to be taken to questioning. Answer their questions, and you may make it out of this alive." He nodded fearfully, and almost as soon as she let him up, he struggled off to find someone. Maybe she should have killed him. What if he was captured by the Crucible? It wouldn't do to have that happen. She looked at the dead enforcer, picking up the man's rifle. This would be a long day.

Watching what was left of the battle play out once [member="Aedan Miles"] arrived with his fleet to attack from a third direction, bringing the might of his fleet to bear from 'above' with decimating fire power. The onslaught upon the blockade who were trapped by the gravity wells was overwhelming. Turning away Muad pulled another deathstick and lit it as he looked over the read outs from the planet's surface.

Gath had apparently took action against the scholars and had enacted a form of martial law. Again the feeling that he could do more good with boots on the ground, he sat back in frustration. But there was still more he could do from his position as Commander of Task Force Unicorn. Looking to the communication officer once again he nodded.

"Give the order for the Dropships to head to the planet. Seven to the keep and the other seven to points of interest within the city. Order to squadrons of E-25s and two squadrons of dread fighters to act as escort and to hit targets of opportunity. Coordinate with Confederate forces planet side. And open a channel to Mr Miles."

Smoking he watched the grand finale of the aerial combat play out. With the destroyers effectively dead in space the finale was less grand and more extermination. But they had chosen their path and Muad was more then willing to assist them to their final destination. Turning in his chair he spoke over the channel that had been opened to Miles.

"Welcome to the party Admiral. I'm sending a landing party to the surface to assist the Confederacy on the ground. As for the Red Keep ... I was wondering if we would like to slag her."

He chuckled as he turned to watch the ships moving out for the planet. Encrypted communications would be sent to the surface to see if there were any places needing reinforcements.

[member="Natasha Darkstar"] I [member="Aedan Miles"] I [member="Morgan Redeaux"] I [member="Cady"] I [member="Kurenai Yumi"] I [member="Chalim Vern"] [member="Gath"]

Post III

Cady was about to board her ship when a barrage of blaster bolts came flying at her. It seems The Crucible people managed to find her ship after all. Cady looked over her shoulder as several mercenaries were charging at her with their blaster rifles aimed in her direction. Suddenly, a flood of droids came down the ramp of Cady's ship, cutting through the mercenaries with ease. Cady did not even have to lift a finger this day. "Let's go. We're headed for Zolan." Cady boarded the ship with her security detail and began takeoff preparations. The ship rose into the air and left the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom