Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enter the Crucible [ CIS Dominion of Shimia ]

fN4xq4Y.jpg

C R U C I B L E

Shimia
Dalchon Sector

Base Creatures.

Individually, the vermin of Shimia were not worth the effort of subjugation. Even the Empire of yore did not expend its full might in bringing the world to heel. However. The native population has an affinity for servitude, as if their necks were born to be in irons. Against my better judgment, I had almost passed over this world. I had almost left these ants to scurry about in peace. But the Crucible is an ever-ravenous engine of war. The Crucible demands able bodies to carve out its place in the Galaxy. And thus did we descend upon this horrid world and crush all resistance underfoot. Now, these ants scurry for a new King. Now, the Pacithhip equip my armies, construct my fleet, and live to serve Gath.

As the Sun made its final descent beyond the horizon, it bid a fond farewell to the Crimson City. In their tongue, its former name was utterly disgusting to utter; but now, it has been born anew. Gone are the pitiful displays of cultural pride. Laid low are their symbols, eviscerated is their precious system of castes. Here, within these walls, only one truth of their people has survived. They are all, indeed, equal...for all are one when bowed before Me. Thus, as I look across their shattered homes...as I squint against the smog of industry, I can only feel pride beating within my chest. Their wails are music to my ears: a chorus taking the leading role in a symphony of progress. Perpetually, the din of machinery and construction invade my senses.

Perpetually, the Crucible grows stronger.

But. It is only a matter of time before I am challenged.

To the east lies an Empire. To the west lies a Confederacy. On either side, there are potential problems. At any instant, the Crucible can find itself at war with either entity...and forth that reason I have prepared. I can take comfort knowing that the Crimson Fleet has effectively blockaded this world - a move those Confederates coined themselves eons ago. I can take heart in knowing that the people will not rise against me. Yes...They are afraid. Pain and Terror drive their daily lives...but that is not why they will remain on bended knee. No, for I have what matters most within arm's reach. I have the beating hearts of their little culture, bundled nicely within the Red Keep. I stand high on a terrace overlooking them all...I can feel their dismay as they look upon me, knowing that those who keep their laws and their systems alive are within this Keep alongside me.

Their archivists. Their doctors. Their best and brightest, all within killing distance. And so they work to keep them alive.

They will not rebel.

They will not storm this hallowed ground...This...former home for their Scholars. They will not rise against my Red Keep. And no Empire nor Confederacy can save them now.

Primary Objective: Liberation

Gath and the Crucible have taken Shimia hostage. Its people have been subjugated and forced to fuel his faction's war machine through ceaseless labor. Any threat of rebellion will result in the complete execution of the planet's Scholar caste - a threat the people just can't afford. Furthermore, the planet is effectively blockaded by the Crucible's Crimson Fleet. We must liberate this world, but we cannot do so through direct assault. Our target is the Red Keep. We must silently infiltrate the Keep and secure the Scholar caste. Only then can we drive the Crucible from Shimia with the full force of the Confederacy.

Secondary Objection: Mending

The vicious regime of Gath and the Crucible have left the native population in tatters. As night falls, the demands of labor loosen ever so slightly; and we have a window to provide precious aide to those who are suffering. While the Red Keep is secured, a portion of our midst will descend into the shattered City and attempt to mend the broken. We will heal, we will feed, we will mend. We will do all we can until it is time to liberate the City in earnest.

Tertiary Objective: Bring Your Own

Gath and Crucible have the planet in an iron grip. Our options are slim. Our window is brief. Yet your story is boundless. How will you explore the shattered, Crimson City? How will you evade the Crimson Fleet? Share with us your Legend!

[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Aevan Kitaki"], [member="Akabane Jarvik"], @Ar'ekk, [member="Arlox"], [member="Ash"], [member="Aut-X"], [member="Aya Clarke"], [member="B1-1313"], [member="B1-990"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"], [member="BX-22222"], [member="BX-25233"], [member="BX-66260"], [member="BX-72967"], [member="BX-73300"], [member="BX-75244"], [member="Cady"], [member="Cairyn Midore"], @Carlye Rausegeber, [member="Charr"], [member="Chek Zun"], [member="Darth Interitus"], [member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Darth Rixas"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Edward Varric"], [member="Galven Hansol"], [member="Hades Dai"], [member="Holowan Industries"], [member="Idaren Verd"], [member="IT-88"], [member="Jack Anderson"], [member="Jaya Tandris"], [member="Jorah"], [member="Jrogan"], [member="Kal Jaii"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Lady Psyona"], [member="Liset Vereen"], [member="Lord Mettallum"], [member="Maanis"], [member="Marcus Collier"], [member="Marcus Lund"], [member="Maxerian Gron"], [member="Morgan Redeaux"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Nasho Vesh"], [member="Natalie LaForte"], [member="Natasha Darkstar"], [member="Noviac Caligo"], [member="Rashae"], [member="Seela Tarkona"], [member="Sila"], [member="Sochi Ru"], [member="Surnin Strenger"], [member="Talbot Vitalis"], [member="Tiberius Royalblaze"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Valis Marr"], [member="Valjan Hon'rey"], [member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Werah Unon"], [member="Xero Wran"], [member="Yuna Hart"], [member="Zahori Denko"], [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Undercover work was somewhere between stressful and terrifying. Lying and keeping cover was difficult, even if they bought it. She sighed as she looked in the mirror, the black flames dancing around her eyes their brand on her skin. Her own face was distorted, a twisted mockery of what she knew she looked like. Even as Natasha looked in the mirror, Another woman, one named Victoria Ustati, stared back. This kind of facial reconstruction was expensive, but it was necessary. She was a public face, to some extent. They knew who Natasha Darkstar was. But a new skin tone, new hair color and a new name was enough. And she had needed to work for it.

Not only the pain of the surgery, and the work of getting into the organization, but the grueling work inside the group. The things she had done to get here, to stay in a position of power... She didn't like remembering. She had four minutes to get back to her place. War was coming, she knew, and they had to be ready. The Crucible's newest slicer wasn't going to slack.

As she made the sprint to the sacred Keep, part of her wished for the guiding voice in her head, but the A.I. had to remain behind. It guided the company they had acquired recently in her absence. Still, she knew he would know the answers to some of the questions that kept her up at night.

Her face hardened into a the blank mask that Victoria had become known for. Her brain clicked into character, and when she spoke, her voice was different than what people knew as Natasha. "Anything new on the radar?" She asked one of the other technicians, who shook his head. She shrugged, taking her place as the last rays of sunlight began to feed into the room. The computer was a simple monitoring station. Nothing more. If something out of the ordinary came up, they would be alerted. The response could be sent in from there.

[member="Gath"]

Objective: Liberation
Tag: Open

The trip to Ryloth had been fun. Blood, death, freedom. It all came in nicely, the three. Katrine was well aware her priorities were off. Dathomir still had many slaves and that was fine, it was their way of life. But the Conderacy stood against slavery as did Ryloth. Their people were free when CIS was in power, she remembered Mother's stories well enough. The values it stood on, the values Uncle Isley held up in his leadership were important so it was only natural for a girl raised on those very stories to uphold to them, where CIS once reigned.

However, the fighting ended, the people were liberated. She stayed, the planet seemed so different post-battle than it was in her own time. It was pretty still, all the parts of the city she had once seen, in an uneventful time. There seemed more life now once freedom had been regained, made Katrine glad she had come to see the festivities, and made her constribution. She killed, to be fair, but then killing was sometimes necessary. Most of the time it was just fun, but here it was necessary. She had killed only slavers, to set he record straight so she had done good, no?

Once growing bored, the purple haired girl returned to her R-41 Starchaser, only to learn it had causing problems upon pick up. Might have dropped it too fast, Kat thought to herself. She wasn't a mechanic though and she didn't want to stay on Ryloth anymore. There was something however that she could do, the Lupine recalled and left the small ship, going deep within the city. Within its hanger lay a secret few knew, left behind by the last Vicereine, locked under key. Katrine had been in it once when she was little, it was empty then but Mother had told her of the beautiful ship she had kept there once. So, this time, as she punched in the old code and the large doors opened, the sight of the large Templar-class Light Freighter surprised her. Mother had called it useful and beautiful but Katrine just looked at it with a light grin and said: "So pretty!" Before unlocking it and getting on-board. It was pretty on the inside as it was on the inside.

It was slightly harder to start up than her own ship or even The Deceased Star. It was bigger. Mother flew it by herself, she remembered her telling her when they were in the hangar. More than one crew member was better, if possible, Katrine realized as she was turning it on. The engine still came to life, hovering above the ground a few inches before she pushed it forward and out of the hangar. With a push of a button to the side, the hanger doors behind her closed just as she rushed past over other ships, giving a quick response to a very surprised control unit at the exit. Then, she was off. Her own ship would be safe, locked, until she came back.

The Crimson Shadow flew lightly through space though Katrine wasn't much for longer unnecessary travel, checking the map for upcoming planets on her path. The HoloNet on this ship wasn't as updated as her own, but that was fine. One of the planets on her screen was Schimia. Pressing it, she read up further. Home of the Pacithhip race, their appearance on the screen making Kat giggle before moving on. And then there was a part about them living in castes, which was determined by the shapes of their tusks. Kat frowned. "That's stupid," she decided. Maybe it was the hype from helping free Ryloth or maybe it was her overall annoyance by their belief system but Katrine quickly decided she was going there. One problem she noticed though was that they were blockaded. "Well, ark," the Lupine whispered before standing to inspect the computer. There was something that made it invisible, she tried to remember what Mother had told her. It was, something... something cool named, she racked her brain until her eyes went wide.

"Nightshadow. The Crimson Shadow has Nightshadow," Katrine remembered and giggled just as she did when Mother first told her about it. That let her go back to her seat, inhaling a deep breath as she came just outside of the planet's range before slowing down almost completely, inching herself through their blockade with a half-held breath. "If it moves too fast, the engine emissions will negate the sensor baffling," Katrine repeated what she knew about Nightshadow, seeing the ships and blockade around the planet, passing bit by bit at lowest speed.

Once passed the blockade, the purple haired girl grinned but didn't speed up. They could still detect her if she hurried, right? Right, Kat decided and continued its space, making her entering the atmosphere excruciatingly long, her eyes narrowing into a glare as she came down, the burn finally decreasing before it completely vanished. She found a nice landing space and turned off the engines off, locking the controls with her own code before getting up and heading off to the cargo bay. There was a nifty little piece of tech she had spotted on her way in which now felt like a good thing to use. Going around in Lupine form and being naked otherwise didn't seem like all that great of a plan, Katrine decided as she reached the speeder, opening the cargo bay doors first, setting them to close in a matter of minutes, and locking up with a different code because why oh why would she keep things simple?

Putting a hood over her face, the Kybuck speeder bike took her into the city. On her back, she had her backpack, holding her communication device and her Dissuader KD-30 slugthrower. On her finger she still held her Mother's Templar Singnet Ring because she had grown used to its presence against her skin. The first Pacitthips she met were farmers, stopping slowly. They spoke a foreign language filled with snorts and trumpets. However, once they realized they spoke Basic, they spoke to her, wondering why she was there. Another wondered how she had gotten on the planet. Katrine lied, mentioning something about seeing seeing the Scholars. There wasn't too much she could go by about the planet on the Holonet. The planet, the castes, the blockade. The castes was what pissed her off the most but she didn't mention that now, blurting out about Scholars. One of the Pacitthips gave her instructions on how to get to what they called the Red Keep and Katrine thanked him before she sped off.

The city was filled with those same stranger, limited number of outsiders. Her cloak kept her hair hidden since it certainly would make her stand out in the crowd. Didn't need that right now. Instead, she rode through the streets upon instruction. Soon, the building came into view. Katrine Van-Derveld was nothing if not dangerously curious.

Objective: Free space

With a yawn Aedan leaned his head against the hand as his elbow rested on the arm of his command throne. They were in hyperspace on their way to fight for the newest addition to the CIS and he had been tasked with clearing a rather annoying blockade that was set over the planet. The command ship for this mission was one of the largest at his disposal the Commenor created super carrier recently named Shadow was leading a decent sized flotilla while approaching from the other direction hopefully at the same time would be Aedan's protege one [member="Muad Dib"] who led another slightly smaller flotilla and his newest command vessel a Unicorn-class ship that he had received as part of his training under Aedan. While he was more than adept at force combat he was being trained in a different way his training was about commanding ships in space ranging in size and quantity over the time of his training. Aedan had heard rumors that another prominent member of the CIS hierarchy was on his ship but hadn't had the pleasure of greeting this person yet rumor was the person had boarded at the last possible moment. With a sigh he lifted the freshly opened and rather expensive bottle of whiskey that he had been gifted by [member="Darth Metus"] for his actions in the last acquisition of planet by the CIS he looked absently over at the holographic display that showed his forces when the left hyperspace he would contact this warlord that claimed the planet informing him of his folly at taking what was already claimed. Throughout the ships the members of his crew laughed and drank seemingly without discipline as they lounged near their stations. Gunners not far from terminals and gunnery emplacements. Pilots in the hangar on lounges and other unnecessary comforts that had been added the only ones not drinking were the 25 members of Aedan's elite personal guard who were lounging or leaning against the wall and corridor outside of the bridge. The Dark Jedi Adepts of Bogan who served as the personal honor guard of one Aedan Miles Pirate King and Scion of the CIS.

"Captain's log. Hyperspace, the final frontier. These Are the Voyages of the Starship, Charlie the Unicorn. It's continuous mission to liberate strange worlds. To seek out new alliances in civilizations. To boldly go where many have gone before."

Muad Dib chuckled lightly as he deactivated the recording device. Looking around the bridge of the Unicorn class warship he mused silently to himself about how exactly he ended up in command of a flotilla. Tapping the armrest of the captain's chair in which he sat he once again pulled up the hologram of the ships under his command.

A unicorn class heavy cruiser called Charlie the Unicorn was his flagship. An amused grin crossed his face as he could imagine how enemies would relate surrendering to Charlie . Glancing at the Captivitas class Star Destroyer floating before him he lightly tapped his chin in thought. The destroyer's new moniker was Gambler's Fate. During his planning he had momentarily though of taking command of the destroyer, but thought better of it. While Gambler's Fate would initially be the antagonist, it wouldn't be for long.

Passing his hand through the hologram he scanned over the remaining ships under his command. Four Facade class pocket carriers and sixteen Dire class patrol ships. His would be the smallest of the fleets that would be in the battle to come. A shrewd smile crossed his face. He preferred being underestimated. And considering this was to be his first naval battle his tactics should be rudimentary. But nothing about the Mad Knight was ever rudimentary or by the books. He excelled at being unpredictable. And so he would utilize this in the coming battle.

Turning in his chair he looked out the viewport as the stars stopped streaking by and coalesced into their general forms of sparkling doors that represented distant suns. Rising to his feet he looked to the lieutenant at the communication controls.

"Open the fleet wide channel. This is Muad Dib. You all know the orders we have. You know our own strategy. Some of you are afraid. Some of you are worried that you won't make it through this. I'm not going to lie to you. We are going into battle. There will be casualties. Some of us will die. But what we are fighting for is freedom. Freedom to choose our own fate. Freedom to make a stand against tyranny that has infected and spread throughout this Galaxy. We all chose to join the Confederacy. We all chose to fight for this ideal, for freedom, to stand in the gap for those who can't defend themselves."

He paused and looked out among his own bridge at the men and women who were listening.

"We are going into battle today. I will not promise that we will all survive. But what I do promise you is that we will win. We will overcome. We will free this planet from the oppression that each and every one of us has felt. We fight for freedom. And as free men and women we have the right to choose our own fates, and a right to choose what we stand for. Today we choose to stand for freedom. And in the days, weeks, months, and years to come I promise you that we will be remembered as freemen who chose to stand for what was right, no matter the price. I'm honored to serve with you. May the force be with us all."

Motioning at the lieutenant to cut the comms he stepped down and nodded for the holoprojector transceiver to be turned on. A small image of an older woman, sharp features beginning to sag with age and the inevitable battle with heaviness that inflicts some due to genetics as they age. Grey hair shorn close to her skull gave her a death head's face with black eyes sunk deep within her sockets. A black uniform furthered Muad's comparison of her to death.

"Captain Sven. I trust you have reviewed the plans. Any questions?"

The older woman scowled as she scanned the datapad in her gnarled hands. After a moment she looked up and have a grin that was both chilling and terrifying, a grin that Muad appreciated. "Sir, you are very unorthodox. I have a feeling it will be a pleasure to serve with you. I see no issues with your plans despite them being ... Disturbingly unique."

Muad laughed quietly as he took a seat in his own chair. Pulling a deathstick from an inner pocket of his jacket he lit it with a snap of his fingers.

"Keep the channel open Captain Sven. And show no mercy."

Cold black eyes met cold, glowing, blue eyes as they nodded to one another. The Gambler's Fate began pulling away with three of the Facade carriers and ten of the Dire class patrol ships. Moments later they disappeared ad they jumped into hyperspace. Turning slightly in his seat he waited a few moments before nodding to the pilot.

"Make sure our group has their navigation computers slaved to ours, then take us out."

Seconds later there was nothing left in the staging area to speak of the fleet's passing.

[member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Natasha Darkstar"] [member="Gath"]

The stealth ship, Black Mercury, cruised silently past Gath's fleet and down towards the surface. As the ship picked the most discreet place to land, Kentarch reviewed as much as possible about the Pacithhip people on the ship's holo-display. The planet's people were divided into a caste system and lived on a fairly temperate world, Shimia was mostly oceans, grasslands, and mountains. The scholar caste effectively ruled over these people, with farmers making the food, and the warrior caste enforcing the rule of the Scholars.

"One Wook's wine is a Pacithhip's poison." Kentarch said to himself.

Gath held the scholars hostage and threatened reprisals on the caste should direct military action be taken against his interests. Darth Kentarch was a master of infiltration, and if he could slip into the Red Keep unnoticed he could free the scholars, allowing for the CIS to commence a direct assault.

"My Lord. We found a suitable landing location, however it is still a few clicks out from the Red Keep." One of the Sith Exiles reported as Kentarch continued to review intelligence Report's on the Crucible's forces.

"Put us down, I do not want to risk detection."

Soon the Black Mercury landed on the roof of some derelict building. As dusk had settled on the planet, the ship would be impossible to detect visibly. From the ship's hatch a black cloaked figure emerged, jumping off the roof top and down into a darkened alley, one of many that lined the streets of the Crimson City. The Sith Lord would be nothing but a shadow on the streets of the Crimson City. "I'm on foot, tell the other's I'm on my way to the keep." Kentarch whispered over the comms.

[member="Muad Dib"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Natasha Darkstar"]

OBJECTIVE: Liberation

The Mandalorian moved in the streets. His black beskar'gam with crimson highlights made his presence seem forbidding and sinister. The cadre of armored beings cut a seat through the streets on their way to the Red Keep. Kath had outsourced for mercenaries in anticipation of the incoming onslaught from the Confederacy. The small group of mandalorians were not the only group of mercenary forces making their way to the Keep.

The leader of the cadre paused to look back over the street. The suffering was obvious. The people's spirit was broken. They anticipated neither help nor relief. The stooped shoulders and forlorn gaze in vacant eyes spoke of the defeat within. The Mandalorian shook his head minutely. There was no fire of defiance left. No hope. It was sickening to see.

Turning back to his brethren who had paused he gave neither comment nor action to reveal his thoughts. But the grinding of teeth over the squad's personal frequency was heard and felt in all the vode. Striding forward with a determined purpose the leader, Kal Kandossii, moved deeper into the city towards the Keep.

[member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Natasha Darkstar"] [member="Gath"]

Count: II

Mythic I was active.

It was strange to be this close to them both. Years had passed since Shango had seen his parents, let alone spoken to them. Yet. Having heard the messages over the HoloNet, Shango felt compelled to act. He made the trip from Taris with little complaint and quickly enlisted within the Confederacy's armed forces. Why? Because that was what family did for each other. When push came to shove, Shango knew that he could always rely upon his Father. When push came to shove, Shango hoped he could rely on his Mother. Thus...Taskforce Unicorn earned its newest member. A Scion under the callsign Mythic I.

"Mythic I, launching."

His voice sounded over the comm as his Starfighter roared to life. The A/Y-92 Aquila purred like a beast at the touch of its Master, gliding smoothly out of the hangar and into the void of space. Thus far, his unit was the first to arrive: a simple scout frigate which hung back at the very edge of radar range. However, as the signal to advance had been provided by the Task Force at large, Shango eagerly took to the heavens. His approach was slow, taking full advantage of the Nightshadow coating which coated the hull. For this reason, his movements would remain undetected as he entered the blockade.

Mythic I, in position. he thought, electing to utilize telepathy over speech at this point. This would be relayed back to his home vessel and repeated over the comms for the Task Force to hear. Then, by their command would he attempt to stagger the blockade.

[member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Muad Dib"]

Sitting in the command chair he lounged, one leg draped over the arm of the chair. He hated not having boots on the ground. His hands ached for his melee weapons, the predatory look in his eye as he looked over his target, the adrenaline pumping as he moved into the kill. He enjoyed seeing the eyes of his enemy lose their gleam of life as he extinguishes the being from ever having a future past that very moment.

Sighing his eyes roamed the bridge until he noticed the Holo image of Captain Sven straighten. The first half of Task Force Unicorn was nearing their exit from hyperspace and she was preparing herself, a composure of intensity and concentration crossing her hard features. Leaning forward slightly Muad began tapping his fingers in a rhythm upon the chair as he began going over the plans in his mind that he had prepared.

Objective: Mending

It was a bitter pill to swallow, and yet swallow it she did. The logic of the situation relayed demanded that she take a route completely separate from the necessary liberation of the Scholar caste, no matter how much she desired to prove herself but more importantly to align with a core of her very being; to allow those in chains to free themselves. Carefully balancing the situation Valjan knew her place could not be in the infiltration of the Red Keep, her skills were quite simply far too explicit, unhoned, and disruptive not to mention her relative lack of ability to get anywhere stealthily. No, the keep was far too delicate a situation to put so much up to chance, her place in this series of events would be to help those suffering the greatest under the regime. The workers who toil in their imposed slavery driven by fear for the component of society they believe themselves to be lost without, that was her focus and under the cover of night she started off from her landing position several miles from one of the larger labour camps. We've got a bit of a trek ahead of ourselves, eh? She chuckles softly, pulling the simple yet immaculate dark red hood around her rarely exposed features and pushing the hololift topped by several crates filled with food and other essentials to its intended destination.

If we push ourselves we might make it to three stops, keep an eye out for anyone who might try to stop us. Get in, get out. Nodding, she repeated the mantra keeping to as much cover as possible on the way to her destination. Her saber hilt resting within the small pack to her side, she taps now and again at the empty spot that would normally be reserved on the left side of her metallic belt for a gold and silver colored rebreather helmet nowhere to be seen.

[member="Gath"]

Allies: R3-F8, Ooda Uhenn, Oes Sarria, Arridrrl, Sala Mohansai, Charal Killdarn, Sara Janrand

For once in his life, Chalim was scared. As the Celestial neared the planet he realized just what he had gotten himself into. The ships guarding the orbit around the capital could tear his ship apart in seconds if they wanted to if they knew. Officially he was bringing in rare materials to build [member="Gath"]'s fleet, unofficially he was carrying one hundred H1 battle droids to aid in the liberation of the Pacithhip.
Their plan is to spread them around the city in boxes, and once the nobles were secure, he would release them, with their advanced programming they could easily get the city under control without unnecessary casualties. But first, he had to get through this blockade.
"Unidentified Corellian YJX-1200, identify yourself," Came a demand by one of the cruisers.
"The Celestial, bringing in rare supplies for the shipyards, transferring clearance codes to you now," Nodding to Charal to send them. The whole crew held its breath as it went through if these codes didn't work, the whole mission would be scrapped, and then they wouldn't get their bonus.
"Approved, proceed to docking bay 21D where your ship's cargo will be scanned."
"Yes, understood, uhh, have a good day?"
"You...too."
The communications channel closed and Chalim slumped back, letting go all the pent up tension he had, "Tense huh," Charal commented.
"Oh you have no idea, but anyway," Chalim said sitting back up, "We've got a job to do and money to get, so get to the cargo bay and make sure the droids are hidden, we don't want to spoil the invasion."
[member="Shango"]
[member="Valjan Hon'rey"]
[member="Kal Kandossii"]
[member="Darth Kentarch"]
[member="Aedan Miles"]
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
[member="Natasha Darkstar"]

There was a quiet noise from the computer. She stared in disbelief for a moment before blinking. Who was walking through the streets? She knew the Confederacy would move soon, but she hadn't expected it yet. Nor had she expected anyone to be so brazen. But here there was someone walking through the streets. Cloaked figure, no other names given. Maybe the local guards would pick them off. She frowned, and quietly forced the alert to quiet.

There was something else. Quickly, she checked the holo frequency she had set aside for contact with Sector Zero. Nothing. Were they early? Was there nothing coming through? She didn't know. Either way, she would have to figure it out.

New ship approaching. Routine supply shipment of raw materials. Nothing new.

Quietly, she started to type in commands to the system. Maybe if they were here, she could help. Just enough to give them an edge, but not enough to blow her cover.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] [member="Chalim Vern"] [member="Gath"]

The stealth ship had gotten by the Crimson fleet easily undetected, she was ashamed to share the same name as the supposed elite fleet blockading the planet, though that didn't matter, she was stealthy and infiltration was needed on this mission, as such she was accompany the ground team. The planets surface looked like so many others before, grass, mountains etc, the only difference was the government, were those with brains were put in charge for once, though that did mean people of sufficient power could take over, just like what had happened here.

She followed closely behind Kentarch, Kurenai (crimson) had never really worked with Sith before, personally not liking them from past experiences, but the Sith of the CIS were different, much like the past Sith lord who had run the Confederacy over 800 years ago, but more in supply. She shook her head, now was not the time for looking back on the past, she needed. "Do we have an insertion plan, or are we improvising".

III

Perhaps I had been too lax.

Yes, the creatures worked without end to create my vision. The aroma of their efforts - of smokestacks and metal - perpetually stained the air. It was beautiful to behold...but it was not enough. Still, I must wait. Still, the Crucible hungers.

Have I not been a benevolent man? Have I not allowed them the freedom to walk the streets? Have I not given them rest? And this is how my kindness and Grace is repaid: with sloth. Not even the salvation of their Scholars has motivated them to work faster. To work better.

I will inspire them.

Away did I turn from the balcony. My thunderous steps drew the attention of my subordinates. The Red Keep was alive and at attention at the sight of its Master. "We have been too lenient. The Crucible has not be satisfied, nor have I been satisfied. These creatures have grown lax, let us inspire them to work diligently for their Master." I began. Pointing at one of the operators, ([member="Natasha Darkstar"]) I spoke my orders thus. "It is time we institute a curfew. Each day, when the sun falls to the Horizon, dispatch enforcers to the streets. Lock them down. Any who are found outside their hovels or their workstations will be executed. Relay this to my men and broadcast my mandate across all systems and channels."

In but the span of minutes, the streets would be flooded with Enforcers.

In but a few moments, the creatures will be robbed of the little freedom they had left.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Natasha Darkstar"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Darth Kentarch"], @Kal Kandosii, [member="Valjan Hon'rey"], [member="Chalim Vern"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

Allies: R3-F8, Ooda Uhenn, Oes Sarria, Arridrrl, Sala Mohansai, Charal Killdarn, Sara Janrand

The Celestial touched down to the setting sun in the corner of a small dockyard, big enough to hold about 10 personal ships at the most. Out of the window, Chalim saw a pudgy man with a data pad and some enforcers in tow. Chalim got up from the pilot seat and headed out the door, "You got this Charal, I'm going to go sweet talk our visitors."

"I got it, just don't start a Tatooine standoff this time."

"Hey, they started that!"

"Sure they did," Remarked Charal shanking his head, "Whatever flys your ship."

Chalim smiled before continuing to the cargo hold, where the rest of the crew was unloading the cargo boxes. As he stepped out he saw the pudgy man walk from around the ship, "Ah, perfect timing," Chalim exclaimed, with a big smile on his face, "I'm Chalim Vern and this is my crew, there's Sala, Arridrrl, R3-F8 'Fate' and..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, not interested," exclaimed the dock worker as he held his hand up, "I'm just here to inspect your cargo and collect your docking fee."

"Oh no fee, we're planning on leaving as soon as we deliver the materials to the factory."

"Then you're going have to pay, curfew was just established, no one after dark," Chalim looked at the rest of the crew, their whole plan just fell apart, and everyone knew it. If they didn't get those droids out by the time the Nobles were secured, the whole city would probably stay under Gath's control.

But Chalim was quick; he composed himself, and with a look of horror he started to freak out, "No, no no no, you don't understand, we have unrefined Baradium, the stuff in thermal detonators, and it's on a timer, if we don't get it to the factory before it blows, it'll take this whole dock!" The dockworker squinted suspiciously, "So you want me to let you go out after curfew? You think I'm crazy!"

"Okay, but you can be to one who tells [member="Gath"] why he didn't just lose hundreds of thousands dollars worth of Baradium, but also why an ENTIRE DOCK BLEW UP!"

The man's face drained of color at thinking of the punishment that would bring, "Okay, you can go, but I'm sending two enforcers with you."

"Thank you sir, thank you so much," Chalim said as he cowered and started kissing his hand, "May the force be with you."

"Okay, okay," squeaked the dock worker as he pulled away, "the two enforcers will meet you at the gate, now if you will, we're going to scan your cargo."
"Of course, go ahead," the scanning worked perfectly, with the H1s being hidden by the shielded boxes. While the scanners were far away Sala came up to Chalim and whispered, "Don't you think you overplayed that a bit, Baradium exploding!?"

"It worked didn't it, I needed to think of something on the spot, and that's what I thought up of."

"You're crazy."

"And you love me for it."

[member="Kurenai Yumi"]
[member="Natasha Darkstar"]
[member="Valjan Hon'rey"]
[member="Muad Dib"]
[member="Shango"]
[member="Kal Kandossii"]
[member="Darth Kentarch"]
[member="Aedan Miles"]
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Objective: Guard the city of Ixam and help the Pacithhip
Allies: Fire Team Deus Volt, droids and anyone else

Since being promoted to Operational Manager of Fire Team: Deus Volt, the CIS’s elite BX-Commando squad, Morgan Redeaux felt a distinctly organic need to get to know every squad member. A superior battle unit, the droids fared best when in a hostile situation where combat was a given or at the very least they could guard one of the Confederacy’s leaders, but today she had assembled them to the city of Ixam on Shimia for a couple of reasons.

Refugees of the Crucible’s campaign to subjugate, the Pacithhip - they’d arrived in droves for Independent Systems aid. Morgan decided to go one step further.

As she met up with one of the founding Scholars of the Ixam City Archives and a prominent figure of the resistance on Shimia, a Pacithhip named Pau-no-rego or Pau for short, he’d explained his own theory of why his species had been so easily enslaved.

“It’s completely evolution, Morgan. It’s not the caste system, which is easy to blame, my dear. Nor is it the uncivilized location of our planet.” He pointed to his own stubby legs. “We are short and extremely slow.” Excited now by the prospect of the CIS helping his race overcome what Pau perceived to be a disability, though he’d receive much criticism for this on Shimia, he shuffled over to retrieve some blueprints.

In the meantime, Morgan faced the droid contingency she'd summoned and canting her head to the side realized that for the love of all things in the Great Galactic Core, she could not tell them apart.

Putting her hands on her hips and with a somewhat stern voice like a droid den mother she said, “I think it’s time we used code names for you. Who wants to start? I’ll edit each of your specifications to include your unique names. For example, you could be… The Lone Ranger.” Morgan pointed at Captain. “Or you could be Spark Plug," she continued, nodding her head at another soldier. “Oh I don’t know. You fellas are much more creative than I am. I only know how to fix you when you're broken. I'm no poet or wordsmith."

[member="BX-75244"] [member="BX-25233"] [member="BX-66260"] [member="BX-72967"] [member="BX-22222"] [member="BX-73300"]

BX-22222

B
As Morgan was taking to Pau, Duece was busy scanning the life form. The pacithhip was an interesting species in the Galaxy. While they were seemingly ungainly and slow, records indicate a balance in their caste system. Further downloads revealed that the warriors answered to the scholars. Logic dictated the warriors were unable to perform with the capture of the scholar caste.

Duece attempted to imagine what he would be without the makers commanding him. But he wasn't programmed for that. Splinter, however, was quite vocal on that front.

Boy, you are alive. You are capable. You aren't completely useless. Don't try to tell me you'd bend over for no slaver.

"I have deciphered that was meant as a compliment. But as I am neither a boy nor alive your emotional statement has not attained the desired result."

Morgan began to speak to the BX commando droids but Splinter wasn't having it today.

I swear to the force I'd rather be a communication crystal. Or a lightsaber. Hell, put me in a satellite and let me float around alone for a couple decades. How in God's green Alderaan did I get paired with the dumbest tin man there is?!

Duece twitched as he listened to Morgan. Unfortunately since the integration of droid and shard, some of his systems were able to be affected by the conjoining of the two. When Splinter didn't want to be ignored he deactivated Duece's external audio sensors.

"MALFUNCTION. Reestablish connections."

You are the MALFUNCTION. Apologize or we go to the trash bin because you have failed in your primary programming. Ha tin man, got you by the screws.

Duece twitched again.

"Apologies organic crystalline life form know as Splinter."

Good boy.

"Systems functioning at one hundred percent."

The argument would have been heard by all seeing as how they were in the unit standing in front of Morgan. However only Duece's side of the conversation was audible.

[member="Morgan Redeaux"]

Tag: Open to anyone who want to argue the girl's logic of what she's doing...

The speeder moved through the street, her head still working on the instructions she'd been given. It wasn't too crazy out, but Katrine was quickly deciding she didn't have must affection for this planet, their funny looking people and... well, she already hated this tusk system which sounded incredibly silly, the girl thought to herself as she made another turn and speed up, the driving was taking a little too long for her.

Sapphire blue gaze however noticed movement before her mind completely registered what was happening. They came though, in perfect sync, as solders usually did, flooding the streets incredibly fast. Katrine worked on impulse, turning sharping into a smaller corner, speeding up all the way through until she had found cover, cutting off the engine to hide off the vehicle. Katrine didn't like adults, she certainly didn't like running into massive amounts of soldiers and that was what they definitely were in the way they moved. They couldn't be anything else, the Lupine decided.

"My ship might have known more," she muttered to herself as she got off the speeder, moving quickly back towards to street to see what they were up to. Her ship would have definitely been better equipped to tell her what was up, with more than half a century information on everything. It should have had information Shimia. Should, Katrine reminded herself as she watched, still cloaked and hidden as the Enforcers began to push away the local population away. The Firecracker didn't have information on every planet and the species, as she'd learned since her arrival. Sometimes, the database was simply not updated, especially with secluded planets. Like the one she had spent two years on. It still had nothing on that place.

Her gaze wandered off to another group that had been pushed away before scanning through the street for cover before running towards it. She could help but Jedi helped and got themselves killed. She could help but Jedi helped and died. Katrine wasn't about to be killed nor was she planning on dying today. She knew better now, she was supposed to out live any Lupine sans Father. She knew. So she bolted for the first cover before evoking the Force, calling it to her feet before she broke into a run. Times like this, invisibility sounded like a nifty thing, shame nobody thought to teach her that. Instead, she sped across the street, using cover with the people that still hadn't been dragged away where she could. Not alone, don't fight alone, not against a bunch of mindless creatures, Katrine kept thinking to herself as she bolted for the nearest side street, knowing full well if she was following, she could only go up or she could handle a soldier. She sure as hell couldn't handle an army but hey, if one of those idiots thought they'd handle something small hooded like her, she was all for it, the girl thought to herself with a grin as she slid against the wall, waiting for a few minutes.

"Red Keep should be up head," she muttered to herself as she poked her head out to catch a glance.

[member=Gath] [member="Natasha Darkstar"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Darth Kentarch"] [member="Kal Kandossii"] [member=Shango] [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] [member="Chalim Vern"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Morgan Redeaux"] [member="BX-22222"]

Objective: Guard the city of Ixam and help the Pacithhip
Allies: Fire Team Deus Volt, droids and anyone else

Morgan squinted at [member="BX-22222"] who was the first to respond to the HRD. Her groomed brows lifted curiously as a human’s would, and her nose wrinkled as she tried to work out just why the BX-Commando unit was not directly answering her question.

“Hm, malfunction? That’s not the correct response.”

She cocked her head to the side and put one hand on her hip.

“Splinter. Okay, I will call you Splinter.” She brought up her data storage on Fire Team: Deus Volt and added the call sign Splinter to BX-22222’s registry. “And that’s very good that your systems are functioning at 100%, but I could have easily diagnostically scanned you in order to obtain that information. But just to humor me, why did you choose that name?”

Pau cleared his throat in an attempt to get Morgan’s attention, and she focused her gaze upon the alien for a moment. “Miss Redeaux, I’m ready to go over the materials for the new and improved, mechanical stilt legs that the CIS plans to manufacture for the Pacithhip in a show of goodwill.”

“Yes of course, of course. Come with me Splinter, and I’ll show you the new legs that our organic friends will be getting courtesy of recycled B1 Battle Droids. I'm sure there's a way you can help somehow if you'd rather assist us than guard the perimeter."

[member="BX-75244"] [member="BX-25233"] [member="BX-66260"] [member="BX-72967"] [member="BX-73300"]

The Sith Lord turned around to look at [member="Kurenai Yumi"]. He had no idea who she was or what she was doing for that matter. "Which agent are you exactly? When were you assigned to my personal ship?" He said as quietly as possible, his obviously voice angry. It mattered little at this point, [member="Gath"] had unleashed his enforcers on the city, and flooded into the streets of the city.

"If you blow my cover, I'll kill you myself." He stated bluntly to Kurenai. "I'm going to infiltrate the Red Keep and kill Gath."

Shorty after armed men, the crucible's enforcers, came down the street patrolling for those breaking the tyrant's newly set curfew. The Sith did not wait for the commando, he almost vanished completely as he stalked down a dark alley within the city, pushing towards the keep. There was no telling how many men the Crucible had on the streets, it could be anything from a token para-military force to a small army. Despite being concealed, Kentarch's lightsaber was ready in his hand, ready to be ignited upon discovery to take down any threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom