Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ENDGAME] War in Heaven

Mazik Stazi

M
Allies: [member="Bandor Kre'fey"] | [member="Dracken Pryce"] | [member="Tylane of Isobe"]
Enemies: [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Asharad Graush"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Vanessa Vantai"] | [member="Zahori Denko"] | [member="Flash Australis"]

Hangar Bay, ANS Hereafter
Fondor Shipyards

"What's all this, then?!" Mazik shouted before he had even clambered out of his damaged U-Wing transport. When no one spoke up, the craggy duros locked eyes with his deck chief and glared, "Well Chief? Spit it out!"

"T...traitors, sir!" the deck chief finally babbled, looking not unlike a deer caught in the headlights, "That is to say, mutineers! We caught them trying to sabotage engineering deck."

"Mutiny? On my ship?!" the commodore grunted, noting for the first time the force cuffs on each of the sailors now kneeling before him in a row, "What the feth are they doing on my hangar deck, chief?"

"Not enough room in our brig," his senior noncom answered, starting to look relieved now that he was apparently no longer directly in the old man's crosshairs, "Security is watching them here until they can clear out a compartment and-"

"No need," the duros narrowed his eyes.

Before his deck chief could even shut his mouth, Commodore Stazi drew his Glie-44 service blaster and shot the first mutineer in the head.

He walked down the line of now struggling traitor forces, their screams muffled by the gags around their mouths as he fired a single, clean shot at each one point blank. Mazik made eye contact with each one, although not a word escaped his scowling lips. His blaster was still smoking when he reholstered it at his side and keyed the button which would call his turbolift up to the bridge.

"Get this trash off my deck, Chief!" he called out to his still slack jawed subordinate just before the turbolift slid closed.

Command Deck

"Everything alright down there, sir?" Commander Bashir asked once he had been relieved, "There were reports of weapons fire."

"It's taken care of," Mazik grunted, already gazing up at the warping tactical holodisplay surrounded by his fellow senior officers, "Will someone give me a gorram status report?!"

As if to punctuate his question, there was a brilliant eruption off to their port side.

"That was the Nemo Ven, sir," his polar Mon Cal first officer relayed after a somber moment of reflection, "She's scuttled."

"Are we being flanked?"

"No, sir. Not yet at least," with a swipe of his bulbous fingers he slid the relevant data packet over from his screen to the one in front of his CO, "We detected a reactor breach, it looks like Admiral Quinto's security teams weren't able to save her. Vice Admiral Tre'Na is ordering all batteries to return fire, and the Unifying Force's main cannon is about ready to-"

The entire bridge crew was thrown from their feet by a sudden shockwave, several sensor stations overloaded right then and there, sending sparks and junior officers flying and leaving small fires to burn in their wake. Commodore Stazi struggled even through this sudden impossible turbulence to crawl and then pull his way back to the holodisplay and back onto his feet using its base as a support.

"Status!" he bellowed.

"Cascade malfunction in the Unifying Force's primary weapon!" Bashir shouted back, having pulled himself back into something approaching a standing position shortly after his superior. Even though they were standing next to each other, the duros could barely hear him speak, "The proton beam cannon fired, but...someone must have jammed it up somehow! All that power...nowhere to go!"

"Request instructions from the New Kaleth!" he shouted, "Do we continue to hold here?!"

"The...the New Kaleth is gone as well, sir! She's been...she's been cut in half! Shrapnel, I think!"

Mazik cursed and pounded the holodisplay in front of him, causing its image to flicker and fade momentarily. Vice Admiral Tre'Na's command ship had been right next to the Unifying Force when she attempted to fire, that close to a proton beam cannon malfunction and it was a miracle there was anything left of the battlecruiser at all he quickly realized.

"What do we do, sir?" the commander asked him, finally able to be heard without bellowing, but just barely. Klaxons blared throughout the bridge, and fire suppression teams were already hard at work, "Sir! What our your orders?"

"Send a transmission to the rest of the Fifth! Message reads, 'All ships, this is Commodore Stazi. Am taking command of fleet!'"

"Aye, sir!"

"Navigation!" he shouted, "Full reverse! Order anyone whose still listening to turn if they are able and burn away from this mess, maximum sublight!"

"We're running?" Bashir asked, amazed to be hearing an order like this from a commanding officer like Stazi.

"It's either we live to make them bleed tomorrow," he glanced at his executive, "Or we set our auto-destruct. I'm not planning on surrendering to any Sith. Not today. Not karking ever."

"Aye, sir," the Mon Cal nodded, blinking his one good eye. His other had been taken by the First Order at the Ison Corridor, "I'm with you."

"Recall all squadrons! New orders! Divert interceptors to cover our rearguard, the rest are clearing a path ahead."

Both the Sith Imperial and First Order warfleets were converging on their position, which meant his avenues of escape were limited. Elsewhere, Primo Victorian ships now proudly displaying their transponders had been laying interdiction minds around the shipyards. While there was no way for their sensors to detect and record the position of each mine as it was deployed, the gravimetric disturbances they produced were easy enough to generally detect, particularly in a system as well mapped by the Defense Fleet as Fondor.

They would no doubt take some damage, but brute forcing his way through a hastily constructed mine field was a far more appealing alternative to the commodore than staying here to die.

4Mr5E7n.png
Will post roster sometime tomorrow, lots to tweak and its been a long day. Err on the side of big losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom