Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annihilation End of an Era: AC Annihilation of Korriban - Results

Here again we have the second Annihilation for the forum. This one was a much less frenetic affair, but has provided a good second data point for our analysis of this thread type.

In the end despite some good writing the judges felt the thread was quite conclusive.

Drama:

An easy result. Nothing of note was brought to our attention, and all sides seemed to act fairly, especially considering this was a free-for-all.

Verdict: TIE

Participation:

Both sides had a decent number of participants, though it took the attackers quite a bit more time to gain steam than it did for the defenders and they seemed to have more trouble maintaining pacing as opposed to the defending side. As well, the Ashlan Crusade which were the main attacking faction barely reached the required amount of members to avoid a forfeit.

As the thread continued the attackers responded slower and on average left their partners waiting longer than the defenders.

Verdict: DEFENDERS

Story:

There were many interesting and engaging stories being told by both sides, but most of them were on an individual and small scale. There was a general lack from both sides of coordination and strong reasons to be there. The Ashlan Crusade, the supposed attackers, did little to advance or provide a strong momentum for their plan. Their allies meanwhile seemed engaged in their own stories without building off the larger whole.

For the defenders the Brotherhood of the Maw seemed to vacillate between wanting to protect and wanting to destroy Korriban as well. The defenders though generally provided a more united front despite some renegades.

Overall, despite having some good personal stories the Defenders at least seemed a bit more unified and for this reason the defenders manage to take this category.

Verdict: DEFENDERS

Tension:

Whilst the Annihilation lacked a very cohesive general story from either side, there were some very good moments of drama and tension between individuals. The space battle in particular on the Ashlan Crusade side was very interesting and well written. Further instances like the NIO allies fighting against Maw troops and Cedric’s battle with Solipsis were highlights for the attackers.

This is not to say that the defenders and the Maw in particular were not without their own highlights. The Mongrel’s battle with Gowrie and some of the Maw fleeting posts also drew noteworthy attention from the judges.

In the end though where the attackers lacked coordination in the general story they made up for it in key individual moments of good tension.

Verdict: ATTACKERS

Overall:
The defenders have narrowly held off the destruction of Korriban and the attackers have been frustrated in their goal.

Thank you for everyone who participated and we look forward to seeing where the annihilation train rolls next!

WINNER: DEFENDERS

Korriban? More like Korriban't!

Darth Voracitos Darth Voracitos
Something for you:
z2uSeq8.png

I am blaming the rpj and admins for this one I demand a recount I want to LOSE!!!

Admin bias!!

Just kidding it was all around good showing and fun to write with Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor and DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie also to do a little war posting something I dont do much of.

Was combat heaven from start to finish, mate. For that I will always be grateful.

And I'll say it again.

ALL HAIL THE SANDSTORM!!!!
(No, not the Darude song! NO!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom