Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eklipse das Licht; Imperial Invasion of the Silver Jedi Charros IV Hex

Imperial Storyteller

I
Arisa Yune said:
Per the current invasion rules, I believe that we are limited to five ally slots per side unless I'm missing something.

Apologies, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Arisa Yune said:
Also, we both have to agree on the addition of neutral parties. I don't.
I'm sorry, but I'm permitting them in. They are not fighting, they are here for story; as we all are. Unless there is a rule the explicitly states this, neutral parties are allowed in this invasion.

Imperial Storyteller said:
I'm sorry, but I'm permitting them in. They are not fighting, they are here for story; as we all are. Unless there is a rule the explicitly states this, neutral parties are allowed in this invasion.
It doesn't seem like you're giving us a choice, which, in this case, doesn't seem reasonable to allow neutrals if they're not directly involved with one side or the other. They may as well start their own thread that parallels this one. No offense to either neutral writer, just don't see why Graf needs to be so rigid about it.

Imperial Storyteller

I
Thane Drexel said:
It doesn't seem like you're giving us a choice, which, in this case, doesn't seem reasonable to allow neutrals if they're not directly involved with one side or the other. They may as well start their own thread that parallels this one. No offense to either neutral writer, just don't see why Graf needs to be so rigid about it.
Because that is just useless. With all due respect; people deserve to roleplay in an environment like this, ally or not, it's just a game and not some bureaucratic morass. I don't exactly need to be 'rigid' about this, I can ask the same to Arisa, or you, as to what reason you guys have for them not to be allowed.

'They are allowed. If they morph into a way for one side to sneak in extra allies it will go poorly for that side.' as said by [member="Valiens Nantaris"].

Arguing about this, here, is only going to serve to hurt both factions in the end. I would suggest that if there's an issue that needs clarifications from the rules, contact staff and request mediation. Otherwise there is nothing good that will come out of making a scene in an OOC thread.

[member="Imperial Storyteller"] [member="Thane Drexel"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
[member="Imperial Storyteller"]

When was the last time we properly fleeted together? Omega? It's been too long.

If you don't need me in the air, I'll be more than glad to use my spy diplomat alt to tell stories during the thread.

Nice thing about neutrals is that it shows the consequences of the conflict in a more real fashion than the two opposing sides can: these are the civilians caught in the middle, those who were at a planet without any realisation that it was about to become a war zone... Helps to build a fascinating narrative that's more than just literary salt.

You should really by asking yourself why you'd not want to involve that in your thread.

[member="Irina Volkov"]
I did go to an admin and asked for clarification.

[member="Imperial Storyteller"]
And Valiens also said,

"Graf, how about you don't give rulings like you're staff please?"

I'm just not interested in be told I have to abide by something that's neither prohibited nor allowed. Forced cooperation does a fun RP not make.

[member="Tirdarius"] if that was how Graf approached this in the first place, then I'm sure Arisa and I wouldn't be so opposed. But Graf being, quite frankly, rude about it , I'm not inclined to want to be a part of it.

[member="Thane Drexel"]

Wasn't the most tactful approach, but to be fair, Arisa was just as blatant in saying "No" as Graf was in saying "Yes".

End of the day, let's try and keep things salt-free. From SJO's perspective, this is the first invasion of many to come, so you guys may as well get used to them. How you cope with and engage with this invasion is going to determine how things go in the future: if it's done with a reasonable level of amicable conduct, that bodes well for future runs. If there's going to be inflammatory laying-down-of-the-law on each occasion, things are going to get messy. I certainly don't want to see one of the larger factions go down in flames without a little dignity.

Let's remember: this isn't going to be an isolated fight. It's the first of many. Everyone should consider that and conduct themselves accordingly, don't you think?

tenor.gif
Guys, we're all here to have fun, let's chill out and have fun.​
Personally I don't see a problem with allowing in neutral parties, there's no real reason not to and it adds more to the narrative. But if people have problems, talk them out *nicely*. Then everyone wins.​

Imperial Storyteller

I
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Of course, as long as they remain 'neutral'. (As in not actively engaging people.)

[member="Reaper"]

August 15th, I've added this date to the thread header.

[member="Tirdarius"] [member="Tanomas Graf"]

When attempting to add on extras like neutral observers (which are very rare), it's common courtesy to check with the other side instead of attempting to make unilateral decisions forcing conditions upon them.

On the topic of neutral observers, if they're not allowed to affect the story of the invasion in any meaningful way (as in swaying events for one side or another), then that's really not much different than lurking to me. It just adds unnecessary bloat to an invasion when events are going to be hectic already. At this time, the answer is still no on my end.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Aerion Ivelisse"]

You're both accepted as allies, welcome aboard.

Edit: I just checked into the Discord channel and saw Valien's message about this.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

So you don't want Graf making a unilateral decision, but you're happy to provide him with one?

If you disagree with his thoughts, that's good, but you should discuss them like civilised adults. Both of you putting the hammer down doesn't bode well for the progress of the invasion. And if you two can't come to an agreement, bring an RPJ into it, and get some arbitration. You two might find it a little easier than the "I said yes, but you said no!" approach. That sort of back-and-forth could go on forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom