Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eisei supply run

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike | Supisy Blen Supisy Blen

vnXUqSngMk8FTq62zPfkwS3mIBdbU2ahpBjnQC3gUYLQO5U-cas5BPNUSwGJA5dow8U574CbMTSydQC1sqH6zoUcHwi5kMUIm4t3UlaS-a8GK9vvYzDRa_HKt4ulG4QBiCedmsb7cUUUlZ_GMYCpkqo.png

I looked over the holo-diagram of the ship that we were standing in front of. I didn’t understand it all, but I was in agreement that it was a good choice for small crew adventuring. Of course I wouldn’t choose it over the Deviant, but I did give a quick look over the systems it used since they were of similar size and function. Likely the same Atrisian advances would work to make the Deviant even better. ”So you’re saying don’t invest in cute panties?” I asked when Junko responded to my joke stating that most people altered what they kept in Xifang’s presence. ”Or perhaps you’re just fibbing so when I take the bait you will always know that I’m not wearing any so long as Xifang is around?” I gave a playful wink, though until the big cat managed to make off with or ruin a few of my own I would stick with the habit of wearing undergarments.

I agreed with Junko’s assumption that Xifang had a better chance of finding anyone aboard the ship than we did. That being the case it was more a matter of finding where they went, and why there seemed to be no sign of them. When the missing drones were discovered that was yet another clue. At least we were finding clues. Hopefully soon they would lead to actual people that we are looking for. Junko asked for the commander to use their assets to search for the missing drones and the return message mentioned the moon.
”The moon? Are we leaving already? You think it is really as simple as the people leaving the planet for the moon?” I was frustrated and when that happens I tend to lose the filter between brain and tongue. I frowned before adding, ”No signs of life there either. I hope that means we’ll do more searching here before moving on?”

Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy

Supisy looked closer at the ship when Junko stated what model it was. She guessed that it was similar in function to the ship that she and Latty used based on size etc. But Ahri likely took it on different adventures. Supisy gave a giggle when the Princess stated that most people adjusted what they kept when Xifang was around, and she smirked at the statement of Latty. First, Latty never bought cute panties that Supisy was aware of. If she did she hid them under all her functional comfortable pairs. Secondly, stating that Xifang enjoyed underwear to get beings you were interested in to not wear them was just plain genius. Supisy decided that she could learn a lot for the Princess and was curious what would come next. ”Are all Atrisian Tigers drawn to underwear?.” Supisy questioned. If so she might have to adopt one herself.

Though Junko and Latyuo seemed quite confident that Xifang’s search of the ship was sufficient, Supisy still wanted to see for herself. She was quite confident that any live threat would have been flushed out by Xifang, but she wanted to see what shape the ship was itself. Though she knew that some of the Atrisian tech would be above her, she still thought a quick look would help her know what was there. After a quick look around, Supisy stepped back out of the ship. ”Everything looks intact inside. I don’t think they were victims of sabotage or mechanical failure…So where did everyone go? What’s the next step?”

Supisy Blen Supisy Blen Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy

"I wasn't planning to run up there and search unless they find something big." She said it while looking at Latyuo and snickered though with the comment from both of them. "Possibly they do in the wild... or maybe Xifang is weird or highly trained to exact my bidding." She looked at them and moved with yjr tiger as they were searching the upper area and hid their laughs. Supisy checking the ship with Latyuo. "If it is good, from the cockpit there will be a golden cube. Tap it and the internal ships AI will respond. Tell it to activate defensive protocols when you exit the ship." THe lockdown armor would be helpful for knowing no one else would be able to get in or out without some alerts coming and Ahri would be needed or her interface keyed to the ship.

"It will keep the ship locked down until Ahri returns or someone who knows the password." She said it and looked over some fo the controls in the room. No signs of attack or if being used recently. Xifang moved through the rooms and perked up before growling and charging down a darkened tunnel above. The sounds of him leaping down a shaft as it was heavier came when Junko activated her glow rod. "He found something." She was sending the coordinates for Latyuo and Supisy. A roar coming up as she foudn the shaft and put a locator beacon with the sounds of claws on metal. She was jumping down and landing near the tiger that was trying to get into the lift. She moved to the doors and slashed with her saber as it activated the release controls to open them.

THen she was moving to making a careful cut into the roof of the lift. "We are here the doors are open." She looked aat most of it before she was prepared for a few sights that could come. Xifang knew what to do and his claws grabbed the cooling edges she cut to pull back and hold it in place so she could look down. "No power." The amber glow from her sabers maade it look strange at first and she popped a glow rod as the yellow gold light went down and around. Showing the streaks of blood and gore but also the person propped in the corner. "Sayuri." She couldn't fully tell but it looked like her as Junko dropped down and moved avoiding most of the puddles to check her. "I found someone." She said it and spoke into the comlink. "Captain, we found a body."

She was looking at her and the girl was there kind of. Her cheek and side of her face slashed down tot he bone that could be seen. Sections of her torso It was much the same thing as Junko moved to scan the woman... if nothing else try and compare the marks to their database of galactic creatures and species. "uhhh." THe gasp of air came as Xifang was moving closer and looking at the both of them. He moved around though scenting the air and Junko looked at him. "Is there another?" She said it while giving it a moment. "Seek." She said it and the tiger was moving out of the lift quickly chasing a rogue scent that haad been in the lift. Junko was looking at "We found the probe princess, looks like it was in a crate not rated for vacuum. With two bodies in it."

Junko listened and she felt something. "Are either of them Ahri?" Selfish... a little but this was brutal compared to what they were expecting. "NO the interfaces have them as members of her team though." THe captain spoke. "Same here." Which meant either she was alive and somewhere hiding... or she was somewhere they hadn't found yet. She adjusted herself from checking to focusing the force on healing the girl to at least preserve her. The slashes to her face and throat were brutal but far more surgical as chunks were missing but without severing arteries. "I think I will have to change that... this might be two of them. The other have been eviscerated." Junko said it when she was getting a better look around at everything and being able to check it found some pieces of bone.

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

vnXUqSngMk8FTq62zPfkwS3mIBdbU2ahpBjnQC3gUYLQO5U-cas5BPNUSwGJA5dow8U574CbMTSydQC1sqH6zoUcHwi5kMUIm4t3UlaS-a8GK9vvYzDRa_HKt4ulG4QBiCedmsb7cUUUlZ_GMYCpkqo.png

I was quite anxious as Junko continued to look around. Surprised that Supisy seemed more at ease and walked right into a strange ship. Maybe the insides of a ship were more comforting to my Twi’lek partner. At least we weren’t running off to the moon without more evidence of what they would find, and that it would be a worthy excursion. Supisy’s interest in whether Xifang’s interest in underwear was inherited or learned was a bit odd to me. She wasn’t thinking of getting a tiger like Xifang just to scare visitors out of wearing underwear was she? A smile formed on my face. Of course she was…that’s just how she thinks. The princess then gave instructions on how to activate the ship’s AI. I wondered a bit how Supisy would respond to that. She didn’t seem to get along with the last ship’s AI. But this was not her ship, and Junko giving the direction I assumed Supisy would see that it was done.

I left Supisy to see to the AI. Ships’ controls were now her department in our partnerships. If the ship was not functioning that would be on me. As I stepped out onto the ramp my comm beeped and displayed coordinates. With blaster in hand I hurried to meet up with the Princess and Xifang to see what they had found. I arrived just in time to see Junko open the lift doors with her lightsaber. I hadn’t ever been this close to a Jedi in action before. Even this small job was amazing. As Junko continued to make her way to the new discovery I waited. When Junko muttered what sounded like a name I gave a soft gasp and froze in place. She said she found someone and I was relieved for a moment. Only to have the air rush out of me when she said it was a body.
”A body? Can you tell anything?” I asked moving to Junko’s side. I wasn’t a crazy danger seeker, but it wasn’t like I had a terribly soft stomach either. We knew that death was something we might see on this trip. I looked in and saw all the blood and gore. I frowned and mourned for the unknown girl.

It did not take long before Xifang was moving on. Junko guessed there was another body nearby. Though I hoped that was not the case it would certainly make a lot of sense. I followed cautiously, ready to help if needed. Junko got a communication from the Captain. She asked if either of them were Ahri…so at least two more…I frowned again.
”Is there anything I can do?” I asked meekly as Junko used the Force to help one of the girls. I wasn’t sure what her prognosis was, but I hoped for the best.

Supisy heard the suggestion from the Princess that she could activate the ship’s AI. The young Twi’lek pilot looked around and found the golden cube with a bit of a defiant grumble. She just knew that Latty would push for an AI to be added to the Deviant, but Supisy didn’t like having them around her ship. This was not her ship however and rather than enact all the unknown security protocols herself, Supisy supposed that an AI might be useful this once. Latty seeing that all was clear mechanically took the activation of the AI as her cue to leave. Supisy didn’t blame her as she tapped on the cube and the AI appeared. ”Hello ship,” Supisy said with a smile. ”Sorry to be rude, but I don’t know your designation. I am Lady Supisy Blen of the Atrisian Commonwealth. It appears your crew may have been compromised. The Princes Junko Ike has asked me to activate you and suggest that you activate defensive protocols once me and my partner are off the ship. Since it looks like all is well I will leave you to that task.” Supisy gave a nod of respect to the AI. She might not want such a thing in her own ship, but she did have a great admiration for all ships. Since she wasn’t going to have to fight with this AI to fly the ship how she wanted to, they were all good.

After the nod, Supisy casually exited the Ahri’s ship. She was quite a bit behind Latty at this point and by the time she arrived at the lift the details of the finds had already been communicated back and forth to the Captain. The Twi’lek came up behind Latty and looked at the hole that Junko had cut. ”What did we find?” she asked inquisitively as she gazed down into the lift. ”EW!” she exclaimed in surprise at seeing the horror that was beneath them. ”That’s not Ahri right?” she looked to Junko and saw a degree of concentration on the Princess’ face. ”Is there someone alive in there? We need to help them!”

Latyuo Shuy Latyuo Shuy Supisy Blen Supisy Blen

"No it is Sayuri one of her team." She said it and looked around the lift. "And I am guessing this might have been Ofuji." She said it and looked at the bone that was there when she was focusing on the force energies to keep her alive. Her other hand going to her pack while she was pulling out a compartment. "Set it in the middle of an open area and press the button." The medical capsule would be able to come out of the compartments molecular disruptor to use and transport. She would just have to keep her alive for the moment. "We'll be able to get her stable hopefully." She said it while she was looking at it.

Junko moved with her and she was allowing the force to hold Sayuri's wounds from bleeding out. She checked on much more of it though as Xifang came back dragging some equipment packs. She looked at Latyuo and Supisy while going towards the hanger and the ship that was sealed. "Alta are you there?" She asked it as the interface came up and the AI was displayed. "Princess, your.... I don't know wasn't exactly the most clear but I have begun scanning and checking comlinks. Lady Ahri is on the edge of the city with local records indicating it is the detention facility." The AI spoke with a look but was sending out droids to work and secure the medical equipment for Sayuri.

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

Though I knew that Ahri was a friend to Junko, I wasn’t quite sure if the fact that the Princess knew the ones they discovered were not her was a relief, or if it would only bring more worry. If this could have happened to Ahri’s crew, what condition might she be in when we are able to find her? When Junko gave me a device and instructions I nodded and moved to an open area where I would be able to activate the medical capsule. I pressed the button and hoped for the best. ”All set,” I confirmed with a hopeful smile.

Junko was amazing in a crisis. It was usually me that would take the lead, but here I was all out of sorts. I should have taken control, with the Princess focusing energy on the Force and keeping the survivor alive, but I just couldn’t pull myself together. If these kinds of missions were going to continue I would have to get to a position where I could harden my exterior a little bit. At least the AI wouldn’t be affected by the situation, though it did seem to waver a bit in its knowledge.
”You mean a prison? Is that where everyone is? Who is operating a prison within a colony that seems otherwise dead?” I had no clue what the AI would be able to answer. But when I’m surprised questions usually skip the filter between my brain and lips.

That the victim at the edge of death was not Ahri was a good thing, but Junko recognized this girl, and she was a life to be cherished for sure. Supisy held her breath as Junko helped Sayuri. Latty took control of the medical capsule as Supisy just watched and hoped. Latty was always the more dependable one. Though Supisy was a bit shocked that a bit of blood and gore managed to stop Supisy from jumping in and being a bit more hands on.

News that the ship’s AI was able to track down Ahri, when no one else was able, was impressive to Supisy and she suddenly had more respect for the computer program. As long as it didn’t tell Supisy how to fly she would get along fine with them. ”Prisons are not all made the same. We probably can’t say what is there now until we see it. Who…that’s a good question.”

SHe was looking at it and the AI connected with her interface as she offered a nod. "I see why now it isn't really a dampening field but the roof of the building has something on it for stopping scans. If it is a prison makes sense or at least something that can hold people. THey might have had it for animals if they got a sickness for all we know." She said it and didn't shrug but getting the medical capsule into the ship was important. Xifang returning with some other things as there was another survivor... kind of. "Su." She said it and looked at the woman the tiger was carrying. Her hand going to her saber when she saw the blood and laid the woman out with her arm torn off and some of her ribs and jaw shattered.

"THe woman was looking at her with pale blue eyes as the jedi master activated the lightsaber and spoke. "This is going to hurt for a moment but it will stop the bleeding first." SHer brought the blade to the wounds and was sealing them as she debated what to do. "Captain, we found Su as well... she is n worse condition but might be able to make it if we can get her a medical capsule." There was a moments pause. "Understood, it looks like whoever put the two in the capsule tried to take their interfaces and were attacked back. Might be why they were put into vacuum instead of just hurt." Junko winced. "Not hurt captain... they look like they have been mauled. We are going to need a full scan for them in case of infections."

There was an acknowledgement chip. "UNderstood Princess. Be careful we have forces moving into the city and so far only the sewer has shown signs of an attack. It looks like some people were brought there out of sight. We also are tracking you but some of the buildings block the signal from your locator." Junko nodded. "We are suspecting that, the detention facility seems to have it on the roof but not on the sides. We'll head there now and get one or two squads in position to wait for us." He acknowledged her again. "Understood." Junko stood up as she was carrying Su to the ship with the driods helping load her into a second capsule. "Alright, make sure you have weapons ready."

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

The ship’s AI seemed to help Junko piece some things together. What she said about the building where Ahri’s comlink signal was coming from made sense. And Atrisian colonists likely either had the technology already, or were equipped with the intellect to develop such tech. Junko seemed to think that the building was not designed with being a prison in mind. That wouldn’t surprise me. The need for a prison on a Atrisian colony didn’t seem very necessary, though I suppose that all cultures have their own criminals. Xifang returned and I gasped at the sight of what he carried. Junko brandished her saber, which made me raise my blaster. ”What do we do? Is there something here still hunting them? If so, does that mean that we’ll be hunted next?”

It did not take long for me to realize that Junko had her lightsaber to act as a surgical device not a weapon. Still the state of the bodies and survivors we found had me on edge. As Junko saw to Su, I was keeping an eye on the perimeter, blaster raised and ready to fire. Wouldn’t whatever had done this to Su, Sayuri and Ofuji have attacked Xifang in his explorations? Was the hunter smarter than to do that? Or was it something primal that had it attacking only humans? This time when Junko offered out another medical capsule I kept my focus on the surroundings and waved Supisy forward to help. I desperately hoped that we could save Su, but even more I didn’t want to end up like her. Supisy lacked discipline to keep watch on our flanks. She could help with the equipment. I looked to Xifang, wondering if he would sense an intrusion before I would.

The report from the Captain was grim. Someone knew enough to try to take the crew’s equipment. The two that were sent to the moon fought back. Does that mean they were the last or the first victims? Also didn’t make this sound like it was a random hunt. It was thought out and well executed. That made me even more worried. The plan was worked out between the Princess and the Captain. It seemed we were heading towards the detention facility. That filled me with hope of finding out what had happened here, but also dread of becoming another victim.
”All ready,” I said in a serious tone still keeping a close eye on the shadows surrounding us.

Supisy was none too happy to hear the discussion between the AI and the Princess. Sensor blocking devices were a pain in the ass to deal with. The Twi’lek pilot was used to being the one who had the element of surprise. The one who knew what was coming at her and when she would have to react to keep herself, her partner, her ship and her cargo safe. This ground mission stuff was really throwing Supisy off her game and it was highly annoying. Still a building being used as a prison with electronic sensor disruption technology was something Supisy could get her head around better than an entire colony disappearing.

Just when Supisy thought she was getting a handle on the mission, Xifang returned with another body in his mouth. No. It was another survivor. Junko took out her weapon and Supisy thought Latty was going to shoot the next thing that she move that wasn’t Supisy, Junko or Xifang. A smirk formed on Supisy’s face at the over reaction as she saw Junko move to help the new survivor. Supisy closed her eyes to not watch whatever Junko was going to do with her lightsaber, but Supisy knew that it was for the best to keep Su alive. ”Relax Latty. One step at a time. Can we worry about the injured before we go on a paranoid shooting rampage?” The situation wasn’t funny, but being lighthearted was how Supisy coped with everything.

Supisy immediately regretted her statement as Latyuo stayed on high alert and motioned for her to help with the care of the injured. Supisy did what needed to be done to activate another medical capsule for Su. When Su and Sayuri were as secure as possible Supisy was quite ready to move on. ”Um. Weapon is charged. I guess that’s as ready as it gets. We’re not going to the sewers right? That sounds like a job for the troops the Captain has sent.”

She was listening to their concerns and gave a nod of her head. Su and Sayuri going into the capsules was one step and them investigating was the second as she stood there and looked at Xifang. "We aren't going to need to go into the sewers... maybe. We'll head over and check it out and see what there might be happening." She checked her saber and its power was not the issue but she moved to twirl it in her hand and check the balance. "Ready." Xifang opened his large mouth and barred his teeth but dind't roar this close to them as the large tiger moved towards the doors and Junko was following suit. Supisy and Latyuo able to join her while she brought up some other things on her interface.

"Captain, begin section procedures." There was a look around the area and she looked up as drones were swarming... dozens of them coming to her location as the makie and aruni drones latched onto surface and some were deploying weapons and sensors. Others were setting up barricades and shield walls as the energy shimmered. Junko scanning and checking on parts of it while they were flooding the tunnels and passageways to the hanger. "Procedure started, as you and the teams advance we will secure buildings and areas in accordance. Monitoring is being intensified while soldiers move into positions for crossfire."

Junko nodded to that while turning towards Latyuo and Supisy. "Section procedures, each room, each street is divided up and flooded with drones and soldiers to defend it and make sure things are clear. Nothing can sneak behind or away. A good way to cover a large area while the ship sensors are working to monitor much more from above and able to pick up other dangers that might come." She said it with a nod of her head as the door opened and she was going out onto the street.. a lost colony was one thing but it wasn't quiet now it was just calm for the moment. Xifang walking to the side of her while his head was on a swivel sniffing the air.

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

I had a momentary wondering as to if Supisy’s objection to the sewers was because of the danger or the potential ickiness. As carefree as my partner was, she didn’t really like getting dirty. And sewers were very much a place where dirt lived. Me, I didn’t like the closed off nature of the sewers. Not because I am claustrophobic, but rather that an unknown threat with unknown numbers was obviously present in the city. Finding the nature of the threat in a location that we could be easily trapped and overwhelmed was a large concern. One that was happily dispelled by Junko announcing the sewers would not be our first stop. ”Hopefully we’ll catch whatever is causing this offguard if we head directly to the ‘detention facility’.”

Junko announced her readiness and we were ready to move out. I was more than happy to have the intimidating Xifang at the front of us as we made our way to the detention center, where hopefully we would find Ahri. All the drone activity was another welcomed addition to the mission. Though I did wonder if the drones were a bad sign that there was not more living troops on the move. Drones were more disposable, but their support was something I was greatly behind. The captain’s voice did a lot to comfort my last feeling. Troops were being added to the mission, just out of sight for now.

I listened closely as Junko explained the section procedures. It sounded like something that I would have put in place if I had enough experience with such assets.
”That is a sound plan. And this is something the Commonwealth practices often I suspect. It will be comforting to know that someone has our back covered.”

While Supisy was less concerned with entering the sewers than Latty had been, it was a relief to hear they would not necessarily be in less than desirable environment, where it seemed there was a good possibility of danger existed. They were here to find out what happened to the colony, and now Junko’s friend. Supisy hoped that the large contingent of military and equipment would be asked to deal with most of the danger. The fact that sewers were a tactical nightmare was something that Supisy didn’t know, so that danger escaped her.

Junko and Xifang took the lead. Supisy was quick to follow. Though she had fired her weapon before she figured having Junko in front and Latty behind was a better position for her. This adventure was out of her element. And though Supisy loved to learn new things, and she was not equipped to take the lead or bring up the rear of a search like this.

As “section procedures” began, Supisy was again marveled by the quickness and efficiency with which the Commonwealth could put things into motion. While she didn’t want to be a full time member of the Royal Navy, she took a mental note to do some training with the starfighter corps. Maybe that would help her in her other job, and maybe if the need came along Supisy might be able to jump in and help in combat. ”Must take years of training to learn all the procedures and when to employ them,” Supisy remarked in admiration.

She was glad they were impressed and debated how to answer that. "They do practice a lot, it is a mixture of training but also the latest technologies. "It is both, we developed the education and training, then refined it... but also developed advanced AI's able to coordinate and help. Much like with the ship it allows for the small details to be handled so the focus can be on the larger factors while monitoring it all. We still have people there coordinating though... there is nothing that is entirely automated to the point no one will know how it works." SHe said it while she was moving and Xifang remained on pointing leading them and checking.

"We are going to be joined though so that is a good thing. If something mauled Sayuri and Su then left them there it isn't something that I want to have running around whether animal or a person." She said it while walking and the street altered a little as the sectional barriers were being erected. Drones were one thing but the Wu Ming Shi soldiers were there in the armor as they held their weapons. Each squad with a Sanzang that was there and setting up at alley ways to block them off or using them to monitor and create cross fire locations. A small squad coming in as they stopped and Junko spoke seeing them.

"Captain." She looked at the assembled species of the Metsuka as they nodded and continued going towards the sewers and an entryway into the lower detention facility. "The metsuka." She said it for Latyuo and Supisy. Offworlder soldiers and mercenaries who serve Atrisia usually recruited from militaries that are allied with the Commonwealth but they are loyal to the Commonwealth." She said it and there was also the policy of if anyone tries to buy them then the commonwealth would triple it as an offer... but they worked with oens who were loyal to a cause over just their credit accounts.. the credits just helped a lot more in some cases.

The detention facility was in view for her and Xifang as she motioned. THe soldiers were covering it. "Commander." She said it as the one standing there gave a nod of his head. Taking a small moment. "Princess, we scoped out the place and the windows are barred for safety... from what we can tell it isn't a jail. It looks like it was made to house ones suffering from a sickness. THe datacards talking about it being from hyperspace travel and distance out here. Some might have gone mad in the cryosleep." Junko nodded while she looked at it and motioned for the other two to move up. Xifang standing there as some of the soldiers went forward and were getting the doors.

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

The Atrisians seemed to be a good mix of a lot of things. I was not surprised to find that training and educational advancements along with technology all went into perfecting the machinations that were being put in place to investigate the city and protect our mission. While I was mostly comfortable with AI doing its thing, I was quite sure Supisy would take comfort knowing there were real life people monitoring things. I wasn’t sure why she was so against computers taking on tasks.

I gave a simple nod as we continued to walk in Xifang’s wake. I gave a sigh of relief that finding whatever hurt Ahri’s crew was being searched for. But I wondered if it was the reason for the abandoned colony, or Ahri’s presence at the detention center. Perhaps it had been a domesticated war animal. Trained to take prisoners if possible and kill or disable when necessary. What made that thought more frightening to me was that it meant there was a master behind things. The presence of the soldiers was impressive and comforting. I had never been a part of such a military show. In fact I usually did my best to avoid such things. It actually felt good to be on this side.
”It’s good to have talented people of all sorts.”

We approached the detention center and I became even more comforted by the presence of the soldier, while I gripped tightly on the handle of my blaster. My finger was not near the trigger in my current anxious state, I was more likely for an accident than to actually be of use for anything but a large scale shoot out. I listened to the explanation for the use of the detention center. It made sense for the old colonists. ”Why would Ahri be taken there? Even in regular hyperspace we don’t need cryosleep any more. And with Atrisian tech Ahri wouldn’t be a danger of cryosickness.”

Location: En route to Detention Facility, Jiang Lou City starport, Eisei

To Supisy education and training were one in the same. Her training started when she was just able to walk. She would learn how to serve and dance and keep the Master and their friends happy. Learning to fly a ship from Latyuo felt like a totally different exercise, but it boiled down to the same process. The fact that her teacher didn’t brandish a whip to get good results didn’t make things that different unless Supisy performed poorly. The addition of tech to the training was something different. And not something that was a shock to Supisy. ”You Atrisians and your tech. At least it seems that there are live bodies that do just as much as the AIs do.” Supisy offered a smirk as they continued on their way.

The addition of more back up was something that made Supisy feel much more comfortable. She knew that Junko was a Jedi Master, and despite Xifang’s pension towards laziness she had little doubt what he was capable of in a fight. But Latty was jumpy for some reason today and Supisy herself wouldn’t claim to be the greatest asset in a firefight, or hand to hand combat. So when they were joined by other Atrisian forces that was a relief to the Twi’lek pilot. The fact that they were offworlders didn’t mean a thing to Supisy. She was an offworlder too. If the Commonwealth had shown these mercenaries the same possibilities she had little doubt that they would be loyal.

Supisy listened to the Commander’s words and Latty’s response. Both sound like sound logic to her. ”Besides, any of the original colonists who went crazy have got to be long dead by now right? So they must have repurposed the building since then. Question is what for? And if that’s where Ahri actually is, what is the best tactic to get her out. If there is someone or something operating this facility, they don’t seem like they have any desire to be social.”

"Cryosickness is something that was rare but could be a danger always. The procedure couldn't always account for everyone." She said it and motioned for the soldiers to move as she was going forwards. Xifang was moving towards the doorway as two of the soldiers pulled it open and he scented the air. Moving with speed and for his massive size and Junko followed. Her saber at the ready just in case but they were moving from room to room and the soldiers were clearing them as they spread along hallways doing the same approach as the drones and sectioning it off. THey would be able to work here and another squad moved up from behind to spread out as their continued to stay in contact.

Junko stopped as the doors to the lift were opened and she looked up at its second and third level and then down towards the basement. THey were sending additional drones out to help and search while they were mapping the interior. Junko looked up as Xifang moved towards the wall and they were securing the cables and checking them. Allowing a moment for Supisy and Latyuo to catch up when they started ascending towards the second floor level. The soldiers moving to get doors of the other side opened so they would be able to move quickly. THey were opening the door to the second floor and securing the cables as Junko jumped up and spoke.

"She is on the upper floor, we'll use the drones to pinpoint if we can and I'll cut through the floor to surprise anyone who might be expecting us to come through the doors. You two back me up and be ready to fire if anyone tries to fire down on us."

Latyuo Shuy

Smuggler Lady of Atrisia

pawqkgr-png.299

While there were always possible side effects to faster than light transport, I still had my doubts that Ahri and her crew would have been affected. And something still didn’t seem right about cryosickness resulting in the entire colony being vacant and automations shutdown. Whatever the true reason was, I had a feeling we’d find it in the detention facility, no matter what the purpose of the building might be. Seeing Junko and Xifang take the lead from the soldiers when the doors were opened gave me a moment’s pause. But after swallowing the imagined lump in my throat, I followed along, gripping my blaster tightly.

My timidness dissipated a bit as I saw the soldiers continuing to take initiative and clearing rooms as we moved forward into the facility. I was a little shocked to find there was no one to greet us or attack us yet. If Ahri was broadcasting a signal from here, shouldn’t that mean someone was monitoring this building? I doubted that there was a particular draw here without knowing one of our own was potentially inside. As I made it to Junko and Xifang at the lift I watched the actions to secure things and wondered if we were heading up or down. Thankfully when all was set we started our way up.

It seemed we had a good sense of where Ahri was at the moment. And hearing Junko’s plan to surprise whoever might be holding her friend brought a smirk to my lips. I even relaxed my grip on the handle of my blaster. For as creepy as things started we were making headway. And we had a plan. That gave me confidence and it would help me use my weapon only when needed and with much better accuracy.
”We’ve got your back,” I said with a nod and we were ready to move out. ”What do you think is going on here? Seems like a weird place to make a headquarters.”

As Junko and Latty continued discussing the use of the detention center, Supisy was more interested in watching the special operations soldiers in action. She had always done her best to avoid conflict. Running either on foot or in the Deviant always seemed like a better option. But this mission was starting to make the Twi’lek realize that sometimes force was going to be required. At some point she would need to train better on shooting and military piloting. She bet the Princess would have the right connections to make that happen. Supisy never imagined that she would become as good as the soldiers around her, but maybe she could be a good fighter pilot if needed and learn to be better with a blaster.

Supisy was at the back of the group as they made their way through the city and the detention facility. She wasn’t knowledgeable enough about such things to give very good input. So she followed along ready to lend her blaster if needed. She heard Latty’s final question and wondered. ”Maybe not a good headquarters, but a good hideout and already outfit to keep any unwanted visitors from causing trouble.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom