Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons and Wagons

Do you believe dragons should be banned?

• Yes, they do not belong in a SW atmosphere.

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • No, this limits my freedom of expression.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I don't really care either way.

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Ardeo Sophos said:
The middle ground I am looking for is on the ban of PC dragons.
That's not the middle ground Staff is looking for, we consider that an "in favor of PC dragons" ground. A lot of people, the last few times this was brought up, wanted special privilege or permission to do what they want with Dragons.

I love how this discussion is basically "I want a dragon for me, but I don't care about the next guy."

I know most of you don't say the last part, but by saying the first part - you're basically saying the last part. Staff's birds-eye-view on this is, it absolutely HAS to be one or the other.

Dragons for all, or dragons for none.

We went with NPCs for all; Player Characters for none. Felt like the best middle-ground... but people are never truly happy.

(( Not to mention this whole discussion was started by someone with a 30 post dragon complaining that they could no longer post their dragon... from a year ago. ))

Fatty said:
[member="Nocturna"] I fail to see how this is in anyway biased.

You either think it not for SW, you think you should be able to due to your freedom to express ideas, or you are like me and just don't give a kark.
Yes I do agree in that I don't think it is necessarily biased. I do think it i a bit black and white though. I don't think there is a right or wrong to this. I think we can compromise and find a solution that will appease both sides. I also think having the I don't care vote isn't helpful, because how are we supposed to take that? Do we lump that with since they don't care than that is for the existence of dragons in the rp, or that they don't care so they like how it is. You could take it either way. it makes them almost meaningless

Fatty said:
or you are like me and just don't give a kark.
I don't really care. Sure Dragons would be cool and all simply because.... dragons. But they are more for fluff for me. Would I play one? maybe for a month or so. Would I like it? yeah. Would it matter if I didn't get to play one? Nope.

I don't care because people have their own way of playing. I like the mysterious guys who play the darker side of ethics. *hence why this character was created, as well as others* While somebody else want's to play a tank of a being with force powers. These people want to play dragons. So what.

As long as they don't go over the top, I don't see why not.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"] That's... kinda the point of the I don't care button. I don't care if there be dragons, I don't care if there be no dragons, for the PC's.

Basically staff can assume that with that group, if it exceeds all others, that it isn't really a high priority to change.

Tefka said:
That's not the middle ground Staff is looking for, we consider that an "in favor of PC dragons" ground. A lot of people, the last few times this was brought up, wanted special privilege or permission to do what they want with Dragons.

I love how this discussion is basically "I want a dragon for me, but I don't care about the next guy."

I know most of you don't say the last part, but by saying the first part - you're basically saying the last part. Staff's birds-eye-view on this is, it absolutely HAS to be one or the other.

We went with NPCs for all; Player Characters for none. Felt like the best middle-ground... but people are never truly happy.

(( Not to mention this whole discussion was started by someone with a 30 post dragon complaining that they could no longer post their dragon... from a year ago. ))
I am not at all saying that i don't care about the next guy. in fact i am not even in this for myself. I have little intention of creating a PC dragon. What I do care about though is limiting others. I can understand and relate to those who are frustrated that they can't create something like this. I have had stuff like that happen, but on a smaller scale. I honestly don't care how this was started. I think it is an important topic. What I care about is the outcome in the end. I again think we should possibly have a beta group of say 10 who are allowed to make one. They are monitored for a set time, and if it works out we open it. Just have strict no tolerance policies. If a dragon is abused terminate it. That doesn't mean we don't give the controller a chance to explain his or her case though. Like i said I don't plan on making a PC dragon. The only thing I had entertained was an NPC dragon. I am truly doing this because I believe that those who would like an PC dragon should have the option to make one. Maybe we have a section for PC dragon request. That way there is a a screening on how many are made. I am not a staff member, but I would even volunteer my time so others are not burdened with a decision I am pushing. I am not one to slap responsibility on others. I will take full responsibility

Akuma said:
I don't really care. Sure Dragons would be cool and all simply because.... dragons. But they are more for fluff for me. Would I play one? maybe for a month or so. Would I like it? yeah. Would it matter if I didn't get to play one? Nope.

I don't care because people have their own way of playing. I like the mysterious guys who play the darker side of ethics. *hence why this character was created, as well as others* While somebody else want's to play a tank of a being with force powers. These people want to play dragons. So what.

As long as they don't go over the top, I don't see why not.
well said

Next Galactic Event: We all sit down and discuss the pro's and cons of dragons for a month.

Then we all adopt one-dimensional dragon characters as per the norm and don't role-play them past 3 threads.

We'll call it "THE DRAGON RIDERS OF MEH."

[member="Nocturna"] I essentially, literally, restated the options.

Perhaps you perceive it as biased because you feel unfairly treated by the original poster... there by, you are the one who is actually biased about the poll.

I decided to change my stance to no, the more I think about it the more yucky the idea becomes to me.

Tefka said:
Next Galactic Event: We all sit down and discuss the pro's and cons of dragons for a month.

Then we all adopt one-dimensional dragon characters as per the norm and don't role-play them past 3 threads.

We'll call it "THE DRAGON RIDERS OF MEH."
that is the thing though. It is fine to think that will happen, but we don't know for sure. That is why I propose the request process. That way those who won't commit are weeded out. If some don't rp them past 3 post woopdy doo they caused no harm.

You know what? I think it would be an awesome idea,

If the Dragons are banned, We need to have another event

"The Regin of Fire"

Where suddenly, there is an explosion of Dragons across the entire Galaxy, and Everybody has to hunt them down........

Tefka said:

Tef would it be fair to say we could hold requirement to PC a dragon? I don't think that would be too hard? Make it like the restricted metals? Maybe even harder but it would give EVERYONE the chance to try. I mean even if I didn't meet the requirements I would be happy to at least try :)

Dragons are not some special thing to warrant their own "request process".

I think they're OP, and people use them to be OP.

It really is that simple to me, and why I'll never be convinced they should be Player Characters.

[member="Nocturna"]
That would make it seem like dragons are some sort of prized thing to be worked towards, a special reward for the active characters, when the discussion is more like "dragon PCs are abused and don't fit in with the surrounding universe"

Akuma said:
You know what? I think it would be an awesome idea,

If the Dragons are banned, We need to have another event

"The Regin of Fire"

Where suddenly, there is an explosion of Dragons across the entire Galaxy, and Everybody has to hunt them down........
now that would be cool. Though it's too bad. Some friendly dragons would be cool too.

Tefka said:
Dragons are not some special thing to warrant their own "request process".

I think they're OP, and people use them to be OP.

It really is that simple to me, and why I'll never be convinced they should be Player Characters.
the problem with that way of thinking is that there are those who will not use them to be OP. You are lumping together everyone who likes and wants a dragon, and making them seem like they just want to take advantage of that freedom to have a dragon. If I had a dragon I would follow all rules and regulations set upon me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom