Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Downfall of a Droid

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| LOCATION: Space, Florrum System |
| STARFIGHTER:
BB and Bella’s Delta-7B “Aethersprite” Light Interceptor |
| TAGS: [ Bella Bella | Kyrinov Kyrinov | Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292) ] |

re3GLA.png

The Delta-7B narrowly avoids incoming fire from an upgraded and modified Weequay pirate ship, twirling elegantly around blaster fire. BB-610 hadn't expected to be sent on a raid against pirates, but if anything was of consolation, it was that he at least had Bella Bella with him. It was rather exciting, truth be told, to simply be on a mission with the togruta pilot - they'd survived the attack on Byss, this was nothing!

' Time to speed us up! We get to the ship, we take their loot, we blow it to pieces. ' the droid chirps, and in a matter of seconds, the Delta-7B's thrusters burn brighter, as they're sent spiralling towards the opposing vessel. The benefits of the slim, small stature of the Delta-7B include just how slippery it can be, especially compared to the much, much bigger pirate ship. Edging closer and closer towards it, BB-610 twirls his head around to face his partner. ' We need to damage three of their thrusters, we can't let them escape. '

Just when things are seeming easy, the droid detects incoming interference; raising his antennae to perform a quick scan.
' I'm detecting Sigil reinforcements! ' And on cue, five opposing starfighters enter their field of view, laser cannons dealing damage to the Delta-7B's shields.

' Don't worry, we- ' the droid is cut off as a surprise sixth Sigil cuts them off, blasting their ship inches away from BB-610's head. The Delta-7B ducks and twirls away with a trail of smoke, several systems screaming for management as a loud thud is heard. BB-610 analyses the damage in mere nanoseconds, turning to face Bella. ' Ah. Our shields are offline. You focus on destroying the fighters, I'll get our shields up and running again. '

And with that, the droid dives down into the astromech socket, flashlight enabled as he observes the flickering panels, unstable and weakened. They'll have to get the thrusters later; BB-610's utility arm opening its tip to allow a thin appendage to emerge, tapping into the wiring to stop the flickering, before his data probe connects to the port to begin rebooting their shields.

re3GLA.png

zCqDnsP.png
Fighter: Fighter: BB and Bella’s Delta-7B “Aethersprite” Light Interceptor - Sapphire One
Equipment: Phase IX Anti-G SuitX-8 Night Sniper
Tags: BB-610 BB-610 Nighthaunter Nighthaunter Kyrinov Kyrinov Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292)

Although only a week had passed since the conclusion of the operation in the Byss system, Bella was nevertheless glad to be flying again, even against pirates and their criminal ilk. In flying the Delta-7B with BB-610 in the astromech slot, Bella felt a level of chemistry between herself and the machine that she had never experienced in flying the Ballerina. To say the least, the chirpy little astromech droid was far superior to a droid brain, largely owing to his ability to execute fast repairs on the fly. While Bella had always flown with the mindset that she would never get hit, if her experience at Byss and Talay had taught her anything, it was to always have a contingency prepared in advance, as even the most predictable enemy could pull a trick from their sleeve at any given moment.

The Jetforce engines of the Delta-7B burned with intense power as Bella closed in on the pirate vessel, seeking to flank her fighter around the ship so that she could get a good shot on its thrusters. With her speed and maneuverability, the task seemed almost too easy, but it was not long before her sensors beeped, indicating the presence of six incoming starfighters. Before she could react, one of the fighters cut her off, landing a few energized laser bolts on the Delta-7B’s fuselage that narrowly missed the astromech droid.

“BB, are you okay?!” Bella said as she pulled the fighter into a hard break turn. “I’ll activate the electronic warfare systems. They’ll be our best defense while you fix the shields.” The diminutive Togruta added, giving a deep sigh of relief at hearing that the droid was okay.

From there, Bella did not waste a moment in activating the most powerful and advanced systems of the Delta-7B’s electronic attack suite, the dedicated energy receptor projector and the full-spectrum distortion projector. All the while, Bella glanced at her sensor readout, taking in the positions of the enemy fighters and maneuvering her craft to keep them all to her left side.

Now, she had them firmly locked in her arena of expertise.

After shunting more power to the engines, Bella immediately pulled her interceptor into a loop, driving her machine into a demanding, high-G turning battle against the six enemy starfighters. The Delta-7B’s superior maneuverability proved to be a powerful advantage, allowing her to quickly get behind a pair of the Sigil starfighters, before vaporizing both of the craft with a violent salvo of antimatter-filled osmium rounds, shredding them into stellar dust in mere moments. Another Sigil came in her sights, meeting a similar fate as her autocannons wrought devastation upon the fighter and the pilot entombed within.

However, quickly sensing that they were very nearly outmatched, in a desperate maneuver, one of the pirates dumb-fired off a pair of discord missiles from their Sigil’s launchers, hoping that the buzz droids within would prove the difference between victory and certain death...

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| LOCATION: Space, Florrum System |
| STARFIGHTER:
BB and Bella’s Delta-7B “Aethersprite” Light Interceptor |
| TAGS: [ Bella Bella | Kyrinov Kyrinov | Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292) ] |

re3GLA.png

Okay, okay. No need to panic. BB-610 has repaired starfighters before - it's literally his primary function. He trusts Bella completely to take the helm as the droid focuses entirely on getting their shields up and running again. While the Delta-7B is nimble and hard to hit, it nevertheless needs to be in close range to do any damage, which means increased risk without shields. He had faith in his partner; faith that's boosted even more with the muffled explosions of enemy Sigil vessels.

It's when he hears the nightmarish shriek of freshly launched discord missiles that he begins to panic.

The missiles glide towards them, and much to his horror, they crack open with a sickening pop, and before long there's a series of thuds against the Delta-7B. Like leeches, seven sabotage droids cling to the surface of the starfighter, scurrying along.
' Buzz droids. ' BB-610 relays in absolute horror. An astromech's worst nightmare. BB-610 quickly diverts his probe to another port, letting him access the ship's wing, twisting it as to have it curl inwards to slam and crush a buzz droid. He tilts his head upwards, watching as another peers over the astromech socket, and BB-610 rolls in place until a tool-bay disk is situated beneath his head; in an instant, it's extended upwards, slamming against the buzz droid as it stutters backwards. The astromech rises and hops out the socket, the disk on the end of his spherical body magnetising as to allow him to remain put aboard the ship's wing.

' I couldn't fix the shields in time! We- I need to clear out these buzz droids-! ' he cries. The sabotage bot in front of him is promptly zapped in its centre eye by BB-610's electro shock prod, watching as it shuts off and falls into space. Two of BB-610's cables fling out to attach to the other side of the ship, unmagnetising as he slings himself around to crash into another droid, crushing it beneath his weight. Another buzz droid inches closer to him, only to get an optic full of oil from BB-610's dispenser; another cable flings towards it, penetrating the droid before the astromech uses it to slam it into another one, the sparkling from its broken chassis igniting the oil as the dual buzz droids burst into flames.

BB-610 analyses the situation in utter fear.
' T-Two remaining. I can- ' he zaps another in its centre eye. ' One. We have no shields, Bella, you need to turn around. Make sure you get back to the- '

CRASH.

The Delta-7B is struck. BB-610 narrowly avoids a direct hit, but the blast has knocked him off the ship, plummeting him into the space below. The damage is significant; the starfighter's depleting fuel means she has a single hyperjump. As he falls beyond the togruta's view, cascading towards the planet of Florrum beneath him, BB-610's systems blink back online.

A metallic shriek, and it's down to quick thinking. The burning remnants of a destroyed Sigil fall beneath him, and the droid's cables sling out to attach to it, slowly pulling him towards it. BB-610 boards the starfighter, prying himself into the cockpit as he scans the Sigil's systems. As the ship enters the atmosphere, the astromech gets to attaching his appendage to the ship's panel, barely kickstarting the engines. It isn't nearly enough to make a safe landing, but the fix allows him to steadily aim the Sigil steady as he prepares to land, tilting it with cold precision before it scrapes across the planet's surface with a deafening screech.

Minutes pass, and BB-610 emerges from the cockpit, his chassis dirtied and antennae bent. It's a miracle he's in a functioning state, but he's alive. He's alive, but he's stranded. Alone. The Sigil is utterly destroyed, there's no chance in relaying a distress signal from it. With no other option, the droid begins to roll, shaking and terrified, as he observes the desert surroundings.

re3GLA.png

In the hot, dry, desert planet of Florrum, right in the middle of the vast Doshar fields stood CT-5292, often called by her nickname Tooka, who was just about to board a LAAT/is until she heard a crash in the distance behind her. She quickly turned around, glancing around the vast desert sea until she looked up and caught sight of a trail of smoke from the sky and descending into the canyons a few clicks away from where she was standing. Taking out her macrobinoculars, she zoomed in on the crash, and recognized the model of the ship, a common one that the enemy would use for air combat.

"Strange...what are they doing out here?" Tooka muttered to herself as she lowered her device from her eyes and frowned at the crashed ship. The voice of her squadmate coming from the ship interrupted Tooka's thoughts as he asked her if she's ready to hop on the ship and return to the base.

"No, not yet Trigger," Tools replied, not turning her eyes away from the crash, "there's something I want to check out before we leave. If I'm not back in 20 minutes or so, comm me." She said as she started stalking towards the dark cloud of smoke in the distance while her fellow comrade gave her a puzzled look before shrugging his shoulders. Originally, their squad's mission was a rather simple one, a stealth mission to be frank. The team only had to spy and gather intel on a certain notorious gang leader who lived and performed most of his dirty work on the planet. There were rumors of this gang making deals and trades with the enemy. Luckily for Tooka and her squad the rumor was well... just a rumor in the end as they checked all the gangs records and found no evidence of interaction with with the enemy; not even a single fire of a shot made throughout the entire mission since the team just snuck their way in and out of the gangs base, as if it was child's play.

Now when the team was supposed to leave, Tooka was heading the opposite direction from the gunship with her handy rifle in her arms, ready to open fire at anyone or thing that would pop out of the crashed ship. As she drew closer and closer towards the crash, she raised the scope of her rifle to get a better view but right before she was about to lower it, she saw something moving…a small BB-unite wandering away from the crash.

"...the kriff is this little guy doing?" Tooka muttered before breaking out into a dash towards the little droid. If she could bring the droid back to the base in one piece, it could mean bringing the GA one at ahead of the enemy with all the information they could harvest from its memory. Perhaps once the GA was finished with the droid…perhaps she could find a way to reprogram the little guy and keep him for herself. The thought made the sniper smirk behind her helmet as she switched out her rifle for her blaster pistol and pointed it at the little guy.

"Don't move, unless you want to become another version of that crashed ship you just escaped." Tooka said
from behind the droid.

BB-610 BB-610 Kyrinov Kyrinov Nighthaunter Nighthaunter Bella Bella

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| LOCATION: Florrum |
| TAGS:
[ Bella Bella | Kyrinov Kyrinov | Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292) ] |

re3GLA.png

If BB-610 had been an R-series astromech, he'd have hated this planet. Getting sand in your chassis sounded horrible, but luckily his spherical body was sealed completely shut, which additionally let him roll at a much faster pace. While he'd never been stranded before, his first instinct was to find a remote outpost as to relay a signal to The Agents of Chaos. He'd hoped Bella had managed to escape, he had no idea what he'd do with himself if she didn't.

The droid is interrupted of any thought as he's approached by a figure - a stormtrooper? No, a clone. BB-610 stops in his tracks, instincts telling him to run, as he'd begin rolling backwards. The clone would swiftly close the distance, however, and soon enough, the astromech freezes as he hears her voice behind. Slowly, his head turns to face her, optic noting the blaster pointed inches away from him.

In less than a minute, the droid has calculated over a hundred possibilities and outcomes, an overwhelming amount of which ended in him destroyed or captured. BB-610 fights the urge to bring his electro-shock prod out, understanding that even with his tools, he's no match for an armed clone. With a defeated whirr, he lowers his head, staring at the warm sand beneath them.

' I surrender. '

He'd just hope that he could fight a way to escape from wherever this woman was going to take him.

re3GLA.png

"Good, that's exactly what I want to hear." Tooka said with a small smirk hidden behind her helmet as she kept her blaster pistol pointed at the the droid. With her other free hand, she pulled out an EMP grenade (or what here old unite liked to call droid popper) from one of the compartments on her armor and held the small grenade up so the droid could see. "Just in case you get any ideas droidy, let me set somethings straight. I'm going to take you with me on board my shuttle and if you try to escape," She set the device's power on low so it would only stun the droid for a few minutes, "I'll put you to sleep, but if you try to do something stupid," This time she twisted a small nob on the grenade which emitted a menacing hum, "I'll just shut you down like I do with most droids."

Tooka then chucked the grenade back into her pocket before motioning the droid to get moving and head south towards her shuttle. "Alright, come one, we don't have all day until I have to report back to my captain." She said as she glanced down at the droid before an idea popped into her head, "You know....I might just keep you. Once intelligence is finished with hacking and wiping your memory, of course, what do you day little guy?"

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| TAGS:
[ Bella Bella | Kyrinov Kyrinov | Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292) ] |

re3GLA.png

The droid, quite frankly, has very little idea as to what to do. He isn't built for fighting - he isn't designed for it, he objectively is out of his element. BB-610 can only watch with hidden terror [thank the stars astromechs weren't designed with facial features] as the clone- his newfound captor- displays the EMP grenade. Briefly, the droid begins a scan on the grenade, masking it with a nod of his head, as pools of data flood his senses. There's little to nothing of any useful information, other than the grenade can disrupt the clone's helmet systems.

BB-610 whirrs quietly, binary low and quiet.
' I understand. ' He follows obediently, rolling slowly at Tooka's side, occasionally glancing up at her. While he could, one of the droid's only options would be to mask his identity before she got the chance to peer into his data banks. Trying to act as a mindless astromech was his best bet.

' I belong to whoever is in possession of me. You are my owner now. ' he says simply. The droid takes note of the clone- he hasn't come across many in his lifetime, but he'd wager a bet that she belonged to The Galactic Alliance. The faction he'd went to war against not too long ago during an invasion. Quick thinking, however, lead to him realising they have a common enemy: The Confederacy of Independent Systems. If he could distract her with intel regarding a faction he himself was against, perhaps he could buy himself time during questioning hours.

He tilts his head up, cold optic showing no signs of personality.
' I have information detailing the inner workings of The Confederacy of Independent Systems. If you are working with The Galactic Alliance, I can aid you and your superior. '

re3GLA.png

"Oh really? An eve better reason for me to keep you." Tooka said in a rather sarcastic tone though in reality what the droids said peeked her interest. Once the two was with in a few paces from the shuttle, the female clone stopped in her tracks and turned to the droid while giving him her usual serious that was hidden behind her helmet. "Now before you roll yourself into the ship, I don't want you touching anything, not even to assist us if we run into some trouble. Am I clear droid?" She asked while lightly tapping the pocket she placed the EMP grenade in.

zCqDnsP.png
Fighter: Fighter: BB and Bella’s Delta-7B “Aethersprite” Light Interceptor - Sapphire One
Equipment: Phase IX Anti-G SuitX-8 Night Sniper
Tags: BB-610 BB-610

Her sensors didn’t ping the missiles until it was too late.

Bella was already moving towards the six of another Sigil, preparing to line up her autocannons for an attack when the missile detonated, sending out a veritable cloud of buzz droids which attached to her hull, drawing a terrifyingly high-pitched squeal from Bella as the mechanical arachnoid monstrosities began to flood her viewport.

“BB! Oh my gosh! Get them off! Get them off! Get them off! Bella cried, her voice cracking with terror as she fought to keep her wits about her. “You have to keep them away from the magazines! The rounds in there have antimatter payloads and they’ll blow if the droids penetrate them!”

Fortunately, the Aethersprite’s data-brains immediately sensed into the diminutive Togrtua pilot’s fear, taking control of the craft as Bella’s body froze, very nearly paralyzed with terror at seeing the creepy, spider-like aphids crawling over her hull.

Up until now, Bella had never known that she was afraid of spiders.

Nevertheless, the situation only grew more dire, as yet another laser cannon blast struck the Aethersprite, sending the interceptor into a spiraling dive which seemed to take ages for the pilot data-brain to recover. Fortunately, the blast had knocked off the buzz droids as well, drawing out a fleeting sensation of relief from the Togruta, upon seeing the indication on her HUD that they were no longer attached to her craft.

Unfortunately, the next message immediately evaporated her relief.

She glanced in all directions, shifting her gaze in all directions in a futile attempt to see where BB had fallen, where the passive optical sensors on her hull had failed. She had already gotten incredibly lucky, as the blast had not struck the magazine area, but she could not leave without her droid.

And yet…

BB-610 analyses the situation in utter fear. ' T-Two remaining. I can- ' he zaps another in its centre eye. ' One. We have no shields, Bella, you need to turn around. Make sure you get back to the- '

She had to.

“I’m coming back for you BB.” Bella resolved, taking control of her interceptor once more as the words left her lips. Even with the craft damaged, it was still flyable, but she could not no longer afford to take any risks. And so, with her features taking on an expression of grim determination, she pushed the Aethersprite into another hard turn, pulling onto the rear of a Sigil starfighter before blasting the bandit to stellar dust. Then, Bella mentally commanded the data-brains to plot the jump to hyperspace, as a pink cocktail began to diffuse from one of her interceptor's gas dispensers, concealing the craft within the protective sheath of an energy-dissipating gas.

Not a split second later, her viewport filled with blue-white lines and she was gone.

Equipment: MK I Nightsuit, Silent Blades, Willbreaker, Phase I "Clairvoyant" Anti-Material Sniper Rifle, Smoke Bombs, Throwing Stars.
Tags: Bella Bella BB-610 BB-610 Kyrinov Kyrinov Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292)

Nighthaunter had just arrived on the Silencer flagship after attending the coronation of the Empress Ingrid L'lerim-Vandiir. The ball had been a fun way to relax and keep an eye on those that he would have considered political rivals. It was also interesting to see the makeup of the Eternal empire and how their allies operated. However, now that he was back on the Discordia's Vengeance Nighthaunter felt right at home, the dark church like interior suited his overall demeanor. The fanaticism that surrounded him from his fellow Silencers. He had also immediately changed his attire as soon as he had arrived aboard the large floating church of a battle cruiser. Gone was the fancy suit instead it was replaced with his MK I Nightsuit that hugged his figure like a second skin. As he walked down the hallways of the Vengeance he could hear the screams of the heretics and the damned. He strode up and onto the bridge where he saw his fellow Silencer founder, former apprentice and now Chaplain of the Silencers Kyrinov Kyrinov . Nighthanter simply nodded at his former apprentice in greeting. The crew of the Discordia's Vengeance went about their usual checks when the communications called over towards Nighthanter and Kyrinov,

"High Chaplain, my lord Nighthaunter you will want to hear this." He said quickly, the message was from Bella Bella of Sapphire squadron. Nighthaunter put on the headset and from what he made out from the message she was in a lot of distress. From what he had gathered she had lost her BB unit in combat over the system of Florrum and although she was personally very attached to the droid it also held critical data regarding the makeup of the AoC. Which made getting the droid back of top priority. Finally and most importantly she had made it out of the system and was currently working on repairing her ship before she too would head back to the system to find her droid. After listening to the communication he turned to the communications officer,

"Send a communication back to Bella using code Omega telling her help is on the way." He said, the communications officer simply nodded and immediately went about relaying the message to Bella. Nighthaunter then turned to Kyrinov Kyrinov , "I am taking the first shuttle and heading for the Florrum system, if that droid has key data we have to make sure it is either recovered or is scrap metal." He says to his former apprentice. "Feel free to join me or not." He said not waiting for an answer as he stormed off the bridge and down to the hanger bay of the Discordia's Vengeance. Approaching the hanger bay there was a cluster of ships of all different shapes and sizes for the Discordia's Vengeance to field in battle. Nighthaunter hopped in an old Naboo N1 starfighter as although it was an old fighter he was very familiar with the controls. As soon as he was told that he was clear he jetted off into the deep silence of space. Once he was sufficiently far away from the massive battlecruiser he plotted a course for Florrum and then engaged the hyperdrive. "Time to punch it" He muttered to himself as he pushed forward on the hyperdrive. All of sudden there was a streak of blue light as the small fighter disappeared into hyperspace.

Florrum

The small starfighter appeared out of hyperspace with a jolt, the small starfighter not used to hyperspace jumps. Coming into Florrum Space Nighthaunter made note of the space debris that was in orbit above the planet. He assumed that this was from the engagement that Bella Bella had been involved in where she had lost her BB unit. Nighthaunter did a quick scan of the debris with the starfighters sensors to make sure that the BB unit wasn't floating in space attached to the debris waiting for someone to rescue it. With the scan complete and turning up negative, Nighthaunter turned his ship towards Florrum and began to enter it's atmosphere.

Once he had broken through the atmosphere Nighthaunter was greeted with a view of endless sand, brilliant. 'This really was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. ' He thought to himself as he set the ship down and landed on the surface of Florrum. Immediately he hopped out of the cockpit and onto the grainy sandy surface of Florrum. He immediately takes out his sniper rifle on his back and uses his scope to take a look around. In the distance about two clicks away he sees some crashed debris and immediately begins to make his way over to it.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| TAGS:

re3GLA.png

Not quite the response he was looking for. For a clone, she seemed rather... malicious. Though, perhaps it's his First Order appearance that unearthed her inner dark side. He couldn't blame her. He hated The First Order as well. BB-610 stops at her command, head tilting to look at her, nodding wordlessly. If there was anything he was good at, it was following orders. Not that he was going to keep up that streak for much longer.

As the two climb aboard the shuttle, the astromech's antennae detect a brief blip of incoming interference. BB-610 takes no time to dwell on it, but he ponders as he inches closer to his captor. He meets the glistening gaze behind her helmet, the droid stationary.
' If you wish, I can initiate a transfer of all Confederacy of Independent Systems intel. I would advise against extracting it yourself. My reprogramming at the hands of The Resistance have proved my code to be rather uncooperative, so a manual transfer would risk the loss of all information altogether. '

During this time, BB-610 begins an idle scan of all surrounding frequencies. One of his antennae is bent, meaning his range is limited, and he couldn't risk bringing out his signal enhancer as the clone would immediately know what he's doing. It takes painfully long to detect anything other than the shuttle and Tooka's commlink - in reality, it took a mere five seconds, but that feels like an eternity to a droid accustomed to instantaneous results.

An N-1 starfighter. BB-610 hasn't seen many Naboo crafts in his lifetime. Even if he'd wanted to take the risk in hoping that this new arrival was here to help him, the droid physically couldn't relay a distress signal without the use of a data port, and that was definitely something the clone wouldn't let happen.

re3GLA.png

“Hmm...I don’t know about that…” Tooka said as she flicked a few switches around the ship which closed the doors and prepped the ship for takeoff. She then gave the pilot a thumbs up, signalling him that everyone was on board and ready to leave the desert planet. Turning her attention back to BB-610 BB-610 , Tooka gave him a rather questionable look and crossed her arms; but before she could say another word, her pilot called her over to the cockpit for a message he’d received while she was away.

“Hold that thought droidy, I’ll be right back. In the meantime…” she muttered before nodded her head at Trigger - another trooper on board - who gave her a mock salut before taking her place, “make sure he doesn’t leave your sight; Oh, and do you see that bent antennae of his,” Tooka pointed at the droid, “just leave it.” she ended with an evil-ish looking smirk before clasping his shoulder and rushing to the cockpit.

“What is it Hawk?” she asked as she leaned herself on the back of the co-pilot’s seat, waiting for the news to be split.

“I’m going to make this short, our base is being attacked as we speak, the sergeant said we need to head to the nearest outpost which is by Saffalore since the enemy will likely be waiting for any returning vessel. To get to the outpost, we’ll have to take the Shaltin Tunnels.” The pilot pointed at a small holomap that displayed the hyperspace route. “It may not be the safest route, but it’ll get us to that post ASAP.”

Tooka studied the holo map for a few minutes before nodding her head, agreeing with her pilot though they both knew the risk they were taking...then again, being anywhere in the Outer Rim, Wild Space or beyond was a risk itself. “It’s fine Hawk, just do what you can and get to our new destination.” she sighed before giving the man a pat on the shoulder before leaving the cockpit and returning to the droid while the trooper who was previously watching him left to help Hawk.

“Now then, where were we…” Tooka muttered as she plopped herself on the nearest seat near the communication station and whirled it so that she was facing the droid. “Ah right, I remember,” she snapped her finger as the memory came to her, “ you mentioned something about why I shouldn’t perform a manual transfer. Well...looks like I might not have a choice since we won’t be returning to our base. It’s against our regulation to allow any droid of the enemy to perform any transfer of data into our system. So in laymen's term, it's either I extract that information myself, or neither of us can have it, savvy?” the female clone explained as their ship lifted off into the planet’s atmosphere and into space.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

| LOCATION: Space around Florrum |
| TAGS:

re3GLA.png

As the clone leaves the room, BB-610 is left alone with her comrade, another trooper. What followed was an awkward length of silence and unblinking gazes as time stretched on for what felt like eternity, the droid pondering on any possible solutions. He very well could make a move on this trooper, and attempt to relay a message before his captor returns. That seemed too risky, however, and with no where to run, punishment would be inevitable.

Inevitable. Punishment was inevitable regardless of whatever he did, because he was outnumbered, with little around him to manipulate. At least he can still stall with his intel, he thinks, as Tooka re-enters the scene.

Well...looks like I might not have a choice since we won’t be returning to our base. It’s against our regulation to allow any droid of the enemy to perform any transfer of data into our system. So in laymen's term, it's either I extract that information myself, or neither of us can have it, savvy?”

Oh. Well, there went that plan.

' No physical transfer is necessary. ' BB-610 says. ' I can simply use my holoprojector. ' And indeed he does, as he rolls closer to the centre of the bay, and displays a hologram, flickering briefly, of the emblem belonging to The Confederacy of Independent Systems. He would have to delay as much as possible here, as... well, the droid didn't actually have any CIS intel. The astromech stares at the pair of them, before continuing.

The hologram flickers to a recording of a settlement, a squadron of robotic legs barely in view - standing at obscenely tall heights.
' This is the planet of Xolu, previously known for its trade system. Now, it is overrun by lethal droids, and the Confederacy of Independent Systems aim to recruit these droids in order to mass-produce them for use against the Galactic Alliance. '

All a lie. The footage had been from his misadventure on Xolu some time ago. CIS weren't scheduled there at all, but if he were lucky, he could bait the troopers into eventually going there. Those droids were terrifying, like none he'd seen before. Lying wasn't in an astromech's protocols, but BB-610 was far from a regular astromech.

' We have a mutual enemy. '

re3GLA.png

Tooka was about to stop the droid but the moment he lit up his holoprojector, displaying the images of the massive droids that the Confederacy wanted to recruit, she couldn't help but narrow her eyes at the menacing image in front of her.

"Sith-spit! The Confederacy already have enough giants running around the warzones!" The other trooper who was previously watching BB-610 BB-610 gasp at the sight before him, shaking his head at the thought of their enemy wanting to create more of these destructive machines.

"Nope, we can't afford to burn extra amo and send more men against these walkers." A heavy sigh came from the sniper's lips as she crossed her arms and pondered about this new information that her soon-to-be-pet had just gave away. It's true that the two of them did share a common enemy, but it still didn't make the both of them allies...at least not yet. She then thought about the outpost they were heading for and wonder what will be their next move once they got settled, because who knew how long it would take until her team return to their base which was currently under attack. Perhaps...in the meantime, they could go to Xolu and do some spying while they wait. The last thing any trooper would want is being idle while waiting.

After a few minutes of silence, Tools then snapped her finger when she came up with a plan and turned her attention back to BB-610 BB-610 . "Hey droidy, how far is this planet from our destination, is it somewhere near Saffolore?" She asked l, hoping the planet was too far from the out post.

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
3RMxjp.gif

S E E K

Equipment: Dress of Salvation [ X ] | Inanna | Encrypted Comm Device
Tags: Nighthaunter Nighthaunter | BB-610 BB-610 | Bella Bella | Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292)

Nighthaunter certainly left no room for argument. He was quick in the decision, having given orders before the Epicanthix had a moment to process what he just heard. Perhaps that was because of the assassin’s custom of solitary work or perhaps because of his age. Either way, it reminded the Sith that he was indeed getting older, whether he liked it or not. And he did not like it.

On a few rare occasions that he left the Scintilla, he’d served alongside Bella and her Squadron. The droid, not so much. It - he - seemed to be the newest addition that Kyrinov knew of. But, if Bella sent out a distress signal calling for the retrieval of the droid, it had to be important. It also had to mean that she was unable to retrieve him herself. Eyes the color of steel tracked Nighthaunter. “I’ll be right behind you.” All business today.

Kyrinov followed suit, walking with the other assassin to the hangar, raising an eyebrow at his partner’s choice of ship. “Idiot,” he mumbled as he climbed into a Whisper starfighter, strapping himself in and launching it up, double checking the systems and fuel levels as he waited for Nighthaunter to clear the strip. When the way was clear, he punched off into the stars. He opened his comms to the N1 and threw a comment to the pilot before the jump into the Florrum system. “Hope the rust bucket can hold up. We don’t need another rescue mission.” He smirked and jumped into the blue tunnel of hyperspace, setting the destination and kicked back for the wait.

FLORRUM ORBIT

The exit from hyperspace was followed by swiftly banking the starfighter to the left to avoid clashing with debris. That wasn’t the best sign in the Galaxy. Certainly not one he wanted to see so soon. “Heading down?” He called over the commlink. There was a response, just an action as Nighthaunter’s ship dipped and flew towards the ball of endless desert. That settled that then.

Navigating nimbly through the site of debris, he led the starfighter into a smooth landing in the brown-red sands. Setting it down gently, he powered down and jumped down. Kyrinov tilted his head and looked about, seeing with both his eyes and the Force and sensing nothing of significance. He blinked against the winds that kicked up sand and made it scratch at any inch of exposed skin, seeing the robed assassin move forward, sighing as he dragged himself on the shifting sands to follow. “Do you ever stop moving?

Equipment: MK I Nightsuit, Silent Blades, Willbreaker, Phase I "Clairvoyant" Anti-Material Sniper Rifle, Smoke Bombs, Throwing Stars.
Tags: Tooka (CT-5292) Tooka (CT-5292) Bella Bella BB-610 BB-610 Kyrinov Kyrinov

Nighthaunter had heard the First Chaplain of the Silencers slowly approaching him from behind as he was crouched over and looking through the scope of his rifle at the debris. He came out of looking in the scope of his rifle and chuckled at his former apprentice's comment.

"Not moving anymore than usual my friend, I think you are just beginning to struggle to keep up" He said as he stood up and put his rifle on his back. His midnight coloured Silencer armour was already beginning to become covered in sand from the constant breeze blowing the sand all over his armour. He was glad that his armour had very few openings otherwise the sand would have been incredibly irritating. The only problem with wearing the midnight coloured armour in such a hot environment was that he was beginning to get very hot very quickly. The sooner they found this droid the better. "There is some ship debris two clicks north of here, I think that is good a place as ever to start looking." He said as he began to briskly walk in the direction of the debris. He grabbed his robe and wrapped it around himself so that the sand stuck to it and created a natural camouflage.

20 minutes later

Nighthaunter arrived at the debris, it looked like a downed starfighter that had burned up in the atmosphere. There was very little left of the starfighter, however there were bound to be a few clues. Despite it obviously being an hour or maybe more since the ship had crashed there were clear circular imprints left on the ship. "Looks to me like our BB unit was definitely here" He muttered to himself as he wandered around the debris analyzing the burn patterns. "It has only been here an hour or so, the droid can't have gone far." Nighthaunter continued as he came out from underneath the debris. He then switched on his short range scanner. His HUD immediately changed colour to a greenish hew. He then selected it to scan for droids nearby. He made the assumption that they were far away from any form of settlement and that their BB unit was likely the only one in the area.

After doing a full 360 of the area he got a singular weak ping. He then shared the information from his HUD with Kyrinov Kyrinov . The ping was coming from about 1500 metres to the east, Nighthaunter assumed that the droid had gone to look for a place to send a relay signal. He began to walk in that direction feeling rather relaxed, soon they would pick up the droid and it would all be over. He didn't realize how wrong he was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom