Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double invasion

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
okay curiosity hit me while looking at the map.

and I thought would it be possible to do a double invasion in one thread provided both planet are close. and are owned by different fractions.

eg odik and Prakith (deep core)

so are we allowed to do this or not?

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Tis a good question, I would say no as how would that work? But if you could make a system that could work, and submit it to the staff team, they may, or may not make it a thing, but as a long as I have been here..I have never seen, or heard of that.
Now two threads of invasions...I am pretty certain that you could.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="The Shadow King"]
obviously this would only be achieved by the big fractions, and with them been close together the space battle would be in-between them and the rest would be left to a strategy of teams. so in basic teams of defenders and attackers for land and for space it's a battle to provide reinforcement and air support. it still leaves everything equal but at the same time there is more to win/lose.

Simultaneous invasions are a possibility, in the end it boils down to agreements between the two factions involved.

For example the One Sith can invade one planet and at the same time the Republic can launch one on them in the same timespan, but only if it has been agreed to during the negotiations. This obviously means your character can only participate in one of these factions so if it ever happens, think carefully.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Take a look at the board's most recent invasion. Nearly forty pages long over the course of three weeks with perhaps two-dozen writers and three objectives. This particular invasion was also limited in that allies were not allowed(As opposed to the normal 10 per side rule) and only one alt was allows(Instead of normally two or more).

Sorting through massive amounts of information like this to be able to post and try to complete your objectives while respecting everything that every one of your opponents is doing is a challenge, not to mention the Faction Admins and Staffers who have to sort through every objective in order to come away with a winner.

Now imagine if that thread had another ten writers per side because of allies

Now imagine that each writer was allowed a second alt to post with.

Now imagine that forty pages, plus those ten allies, plus those second alts, and double it all to account for the two planets and put it one thread. We're talking triple digit pages easy, with mess upon mess upon mess that faction admins and staffers have to sort through to keep up with and the individual players have to sort through.

While two invasions in a thread might sound epic it's just far too impratical to carry out. Another thread makes things far cleaner and easy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom