Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion-Who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. :p wanted to agitate you for being so abrasive in expressing yourself.

Denon's a goal, not a simple jump on, you misunderstood my intentions, yes it is a process to take it but we should go for it, I'm fully aware we'd have to take another system to reach it.

My thing about lore is rather simple. We are RPing in the SW universe. As such I feel like engaging with that lore is important. Going to a planet that has next to nothing does not interest me. Filling blanks is cool, adding to something sure, but going to something that is barely a blip in the scope of SW is kind of... meh to me. And a thread about it... is kind of silly.

To put it another way. If the planet is so trivial that all the authors that have contributed to SW have not felt much of a need to do anything with it, why should we feel that interested in it.

:: sigh ::

While Antar has been corrected as actually having more going on for it than initially thought, the general idea is rather simple. Of course we have our own interests... but obviously our interests align in that we are interested in SW. And RPing SW means, to an extent, pigging backing on those who have helped shape SW. They have crafted tons of rich and flavorful planets for us to RP on. So why on earth would we ever choose to not RP on something that has rich lore and instead choose something that is basically vacant? Yay! We get to make everything up on the fly... but is that really RPing in SW? I mean... where is the SW RP in... RPing something that is basically a named planet with maybe a twinge of geography mentioned. That's not really RPing in the universe that we came to RP in.

To me half the fun is in creating new lore in a beloved, unfinished Universe, as in not piggybacking on the backs of others all the time.

That's not RPing in the universe you came to RP in.

Everything you've just stated is an opinion: "That's not really RPing in the universe that we came to RP in."

Oh really? I believe I'm still RPing in the same Universe, though perhaps on a less developed planet or in a less developed region. Which allows us the ultimate opportunity as fans, the opportunity to create.

How is that offensive? That is a fact, hence the various sects of religions across the planet. Nothing offensive about it.

Maybe your the one who's wrong? Why else would multiple people be disagreeing with you if what you're stating is such an undeniable fact. Once again: you have an opinion, I have an opinion. Whether one is more valid than another is also an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom