Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion-Who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that offer strategic flexibility? Okay, so OmegaPyre can't as easily expand down... big deal. I wasn't aware that OmegaPyre was actually an enemy of the republic and it was a problem for us to deal with them. One would think that we would find ourselves more concerned with the actual enemy of the Republic and Jedi in the form of the Sith Empire. But whatever... I mean... if ya'll think RPing on pointless moons without a shred of significant lore to pull from just to undercut a faction that isn't an actual opponent of the republic, then fine. Go mess with Antar.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
It's not so much as trying to block Omega Pyre from going down as much as it is allowing us to go down. If Omega Pyre takes Antar the only way we can go south is to go south east, conquer SSS, and then come around Gamorr, which would take multiple Dominions and multiple invasions, or by comibg around west then down and around Omega Pyre territory, which may or may noy work depending on their path of Dominions.

Nothing written in stone yet though, as we haven't launched the Dominion yet. Do you have another planet in mind you'd like for us to take?

Okay. How about this question. Why would OmegaPyre be interested in taking a trivial four moon gas giant, zero lore system? When, if they want to go south they will likely go to something like Denon, which ACTUALLY cuts us off. Furthermore. Conquering the SSS should really be the farthest thing from our minds. Approach this from an IC perspective. Logically. Where does the Republic go when it is at war with the Sith? To secure planets directly in their path of conquest.

And if you've read the thread then, you'd see that I proposed Kashyyyk. Actually moves us TOWARDS an ACTUAL opponent in the Sith Empire. Or doing something that moves TOWARDS the Roche Asteroids, which is also significant for weapons manufacturing. Then pushing towards the Wheel because in reality. The Empire is moving down the Perlemanian. That's where things are going. So want to secure soon to be contested territory? Go that route.

Shoot. Going UP makes more sense, sense the Empire is going to be branching up into Imperial Remnant space. That route gives you Ord Mantell as an option, or Glee Anselm (though less logical).

Basically what I'm driving at is that Antar is literally the worst planet to go after.

I was offering discussions and options, as well as addressing the failings of another. That does not instantly mean there is hostility. Discussion is good. This thread was for discussion. Posing the merits of a plan and addressing the failings of another is part of a discussion. Closing a discussion because you feel a potential fight may happen is completely unnecessary, furthermore, it removes any interest from being in later discussions because now it just looks like the leadership doesn't care about them because they will simply make their own decisions.

I am fine with leadership doing that on their own. But having threads like this in the first place, and letting a discussion brew becomes senseless if it is just going to get shut down the moment people pose counter points to another. Leadership can do what they want, but don't foster discussion and then close it when it doesn't suite you or because an something hostile might happen.

And going back and forth with why plans are bad are good is not a bad thing either. That's how groups succeed because they actually weigh the merits and faults of a plan against one another which makes for a stronger plan as opposed to a weaker one. It also allows creativity to brew.

Cato Neimodia is fine. I guess. It at least has lore. Though it is so close to our border, anything outwards would have given it to us anyways. But it at least has some sense of lore and value in that regard making it better from an RP standpoint.

Now, see that is at least a decent counter point on the lore aspect. Had not considered that side of things, given that the Antar page alone did not say or point towards anything about that. So good job there, that at least makes me think it has some RP merit.

Your point on Denon, I would say is lacking because OmegaPyre could easily go straight to Denon. EDIT: They are within grasp of it. We aren't. So effectively, doing Antar would not secure anything alone.

Also. It might be noteworthy that we can go straight to Manaan and likely get Cato Neimodia in our sphere of influence anyways.

Yeah but they aren't right now. They are focused further south. That's why we should blitz Antar and then go to Denon before they can beat us to the punch. *nod nod*

Cato Neimodia is a good move.

An alternative as Selena suggested though is a move straight on Manaan followed by Gyndine.

Since I'm high up in OP I'll abstain from the final decision, but give my advice. Either Manaan or Cato are good moves, and both would be good to do in the short term.

My thoughts would be for the Jedi to move on Manaan and the Republic to move on Cato. That makes things easier for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom