Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion-Who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I think most people are starting to wrap up the Onderon dominion, what planet are we targeting next?

Personally, I think we should focus on Reeecee and then Selvaris. This would open up the Unknown Regions to us and a possible overtaking of Csilla and the Chiss Ascendancy. We could also grab Illum for the Jedi down the road.

Might be a good strategy to overtake these regions slowly and have an area where the Republic can fall back and build vessels,transports and train troops without the glaring eye of our enemies targeting the border.

Anyone else have an idea of what planet we should go for next? I'd like to get the thread up by next week, just keep steam rolling these Dominions while we're able.

Just thought of this question : Can we skip beyond our borders? Like I noticed Bespin(just an example) is unclaimed with no other borders. Could a faction skip down there and also start expanding its reach or must be it a planet bordering the influence zone?

I'm certain that we can, however, it removes the... realism.

I would be opposed to venturing into the unknown regions. Seems trivial. I think extending down the Perlemian and naturally coming to a front with the Sith Empire stands the most reason. Because the reality is that the Republic tended to represent the core worlds and those down the trade routes with large populations. The most natural place to continue on to is Kashyyyk

I obviously am in the midst of getting things going for the Atrisian Empire, but I would like to do something with the Republic side of Akio's allegiance. Korda would help stop the Mandalorian spread toward the core, but on the opposite side Cato Neimoidia would be a source of wealth.

Selena Halcyon said:
I'm certain that we can, however, it removes the... realism.

I would be opposed to venturing into the unknown regions. Seems trivial. I think extending down the Perlemian and naturally coming to a front with the Sith Empire stands the most reason. Because the reality is that the Republic tended to represent the core worlds and those down the trade routes with large populations. The most natural place to continue on to is Kashyyyk
Kashyyyk would be nice. Who doesn't love playing tarzan in those huge trees? However I do think you're correct, might as well gain as much territory and cut off the Sith while we can.

Yeah, I don't think its a good idea to do it now either. Too many people tied up in those threads/that crisis to really focus on what we need to at Kashyyyk.

You all realize if Omega Pyre takes Antar they cut us off from nearly all future southern expansion right? Kashyyk doesn't give us any advantage currently. Antar is the key to the Hydian Way and the Corellian Run right now.

As it stands they are taking Malastare and cutting us off further to the south. We need to blitz to the southern end of the map to stop them from locking us int he center. Don't worry about Kashyyk right now, no one is going for it. The Hutts are moving toward Kessel and the Imperials would have a LONG way to go to get there. IT is more important to take territories that could be contested right now.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Antar helps prevent Omega Pyre ftom going around us, Khomm helps us block Omega Pyre on a different front, Kashykk allows us to expand more towards the Sith and gives us Wookies, Manaan helps us block off Omega Pyre(though bot as much as Antar) and gives us Kolto, poor man's bacta, helping us medically. Iridonia indirectly moves us closer to the Sith and also helps block off the Echani Compact.

As for waiting, I'm not sure can with how fast the Sith are going in their dominions. If they continue at their speed they'll have at least another 3 Dominions done before Clockwork finishes.

With that said is anyone dedicated to posting, I know Flint mentioned forming a group of people for the next Dominion while Clockwork was going on. I say if we get a group of 5-8 of us who really want to push this thing through I say we go for blocking off Omega Pyre and lets get it rolling.

Preferably by this weekend if its okay with the big bosses. Anyone interested in rolling this through quickly? I'm game with this character, my other is busy with Clockwork issues.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Davin Jusik said:
Seems kinda impossible for them to expand when a lot of their Empire is under droid control.
It's been said that the Clockwork events wouldn't affect any threads not specifically marked Clockwork. I'm pretty sure Clockwork has 0 effect on doninions.

That is correct. Clockwork has no effect on dominions. It is up to the players to decide how they want to proceed and if they want to take part in the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom