Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion of Umbara

umbara_zpsd3cpnj2s.png
Umbara In Distress!
The Galactic Republic has received a strange distress signal from the mysterious planet of Umbara. Detailing a devastating famine, the Umbarans claim the planetary government has failed to respond to the wide-spread death and disease sweeping the planet as the result and have asked the Republic to intervene.

The Galactic Republic, unable to ignore such a desperate plea, directs their various resources to go to the planet of Umbara to assist in their struggle...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Of Umbara...

Informally known as the Shadow Planet because sunlight never completely reaches its surface, which plunges the world in almost complete darkness. Still, the people of Umbara have a highly advanced form of fungus farming which has successfully sustained it for centuries.

Nox, Capital City
Nox is the hub of commerce and the center of power for the dark planet. It glows perpetually with a ghostly luminescence, with a single bright column of light like a beacon, emanating from the Palace.

The Palace is a sprawling building of a mysterious glowing material like white marble. It is surrounded by lush luminescent gardens. Guests are received by the Emperor in the Throne Room.

Twilight Farms, Umbaran Mushroom Farm
The planet's countryside is dominated by similar farms, but this farm in particular is one of the biggest. On the far outskirts of the capital city, this farm was once dominated by gigantic glowing mushrooms which were harvested and used to nourish the people of the planet.

However, in the last few months all of the mushrooms have started to wither and die without any explanation. Now, these once lush fields, are desolate and full of decaying stalks of giant mushrooms.

Twilight, Rural Village
One of many rural villages on Umbara, this particular village is one of the largest and supports one of the largest fungus farms. A sprawling collection of luminescent huts and buildings, this village has been hit the hardest by the famine and starving people have been flooding the town in droves as they seek relief from their own plight.

Varo Syl, Emperor of Umbara
The Umbaran Emperor was once revered by his people as wise and just. Cunning and calculating, as all Umbarans must be, he is well known as the primary reason that Umbara has maintained its isolationist policies against the rest of the galaxy. He is also the reason that Umbara has been able to thrive for so long without support from larger galactic powers. Still, as shrewd as he was on the galactic scale, he was once a capable and very aware leader of his people, giving them him full devotion.

However, recently he has become unresponsive to his people, sealing the capital city as droves of citizens flock there to seek relief from their starvation. As unrest seems imminent he has taken to publicly executing those who speak out against him and his people have utterly abandoned hope in his ability to rule.

Cicero, Advisor to the Emperor
Not a native Umbaran, Cicero has, nevertheless, thrived on the dark planet. He is cunning, cruel, and believed to have the complete and total trust of the Emperor. His influence on planetary government is evident. Only in the job for a few months, the Emperor consults him on every matter and seemingly never disagrees with him.

Despite not being an umbaran, he could easily be mistaken for one with his extremely pale skin. The one thing that sets him apart from the others is his oily black hair. He also, notably, is missing an eye.

As whole, the Umbaran people are incredibly clever. They have long been players in galactic politics, owing to their ability to subtly influence the minds of others. This is reflected in the upper rings of Umbaran society, where political games dominate.

However, the more simple commoners of Umbara do not have such devious plans always at work. Right now they are only worried about surviving. They wont seek to influence foreigners unless they see them as a direct threat, but even then, in the starving state they are in their powers are greatly exhausted.

The Story
Under the direction of the Ministry of State, the formal diplomatic arm of the Republic, several branches of the Galactic Republic have been mobilized to assist the Umbaran people.

Representatives from the Ministry (the Senate), the military, and even the Jedi have been called into action to help relieve the terrible famine on Umbara.
Objective One: Power Behind the Throne (Senators, Politicians, Jedi Consulars,)
Travel to the capital city of Nox and seek audience with the Emperor of Umbara to discover why he has not taken action to help his people.
There is something very strange about the reaction, or lack thereof, of the Emperor to this global crisis. Many local leaders suspect that the mysterious advisor to the Emperor, Cicero, has something to do with the recent change in tone.

Go to the capital and flesh out the evil that works there.

Objective Two: Sweet Relief (Republic Military, Jedi, Doctors/Healers etc)
Travel to the rural farming town of Twilight where starving people have gathered and set up a disaster relief center. Heal the sick, feed the hungry, and provide rations.
After the Emperor sealed the capital to starving refugees fleeing the famine, the stricken Umbarans flocked to Twilight and the town can no longer sustain the huge influx of people and more people are arriving every day.

If the people of Umbara hope to survive they will need Republic support.

Objective Three: Blighted Lands (Republic Military, Jedi, Scientists, etc)
Travel to Twilight Farms where a blight has devastated the land and help the local farmed find the source of the sudden and unexplained death of their crops.
Suddenly a few weeks ago all of the crops started dying as if they were being sucked of their life force, but the Umbarans cannot find a source for this destruction. The fungus is free of disease and is well nourished, but still it dies.

This is very suspicious and they need someone to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Objective Four: Special Little Snowflakes
Sometimes you just want to do your own thing and be a special little snowflake.
Just don't go around derailing any other objectives or the GM will make a Zillo Beast appear in your vicinity.

The Execution
As we strive to find more efficient ways to run our faction, I am going to be pilot testing a new method of overseeing dominions with Umbara. Unlike most dominions, where you just sort of run around trying to figure out everything on your own I will personally be playing the role of "Game Master."

What does this mean for those involved? Basically, every few posts I will make summary post letting everyone know where they stand on completing their objectives. I will not only summarize everything that has happened in an object thus far, but I will also throw in NPC elements into the mix. I might drop out a clue for objective three or create a new sick person for objective two, but whatever it is the goal is to give you the information you need to keep the story flowing.

This is a test run, but we still want to make this a successful dominion, so I will be taking on going feedback and alter my responses as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cast
As always we will need AT LEAST five people from the Republic to participate to make this a valid dominion. So, sign up here if you're interested and mention which objective you'd like to take part in.

Objective One
Me - Will be leading the diplomatic delegation
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Danny Colen"]
[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

[member="Reverance"] - Will be playing the role of Cicero

Objective Two
[member="Solan Charr"]
[member="Strider Garon"]

Objective Three
[member="Julyet Thackeray"] - Tracking the source of the blight
[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]
[member="Jalek Arkada"]
[member="The Squirrely"]
NOTE:
There is potential PvP engagement in objective one and objective three and potential combat in ALL THREE OBJECTIVES.

I added a note in the main post, but would like to add:
Objective One and Objective Three have potential PvP engagement.
&
ALL Objectives have potential combat engagement period.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I'm up for objective one. Normally I'd go for objective two, but we'll see if some of my skills could be put to use in helping the Emperor.

Sounds like fun :) Looking forward to it.

I love your set up! [member="Corvus Raaf"] and I will be on objective 4. :D (yeah I know there isn't an obj 4 but we agreed to our story before when umbara was mentioned.)

That and I want to beat pvp with an ugly stick but that would be godmoding. >.> (aka don't like pvp. Won't touch it.)

[member="Cecily de Demici"]

[member="Cecily de Demici"]

We have our own story we were going to do if GR ever did the dominion of Umbara. So objective "The Shadow World... Episode II." (That is if Corvy is still game.)

We will be in the dominion is what I was telling you. Just not on any of your objectives. Personal obj. :)

[member="Lugus Porkins"]
Alright, I'll add and Object 4 as misc.

Though admittedly could use some people on the other objectives too :p Especially Jedi, cause we will be dealing with Sithy problems.

[member="Cecily de Demici"] | [member="Lugus Porkins"]

Actually no.

We have two Dominions currently running that I am posting to - and given they are going so slowly, I will be focusing on them first before starting a brand new one

[member="Lugus Porkins"] l [member="Corvus Raaf"] l [member="Julyet Thackeray"] l [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] l [member="Jalek Arkada"] l [member="Lady Kay"]

To clarify, as I am also actively participating in our two other Dominions, Umbara will not begin until after we finish either of the current ones that are open.

This is merely an attempt to get ahead of the game on planning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom