Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dethronement [ Sith Empire Dominion of Serenno ]

{3}
Allies: [member="Anya Loma"] @Ra'amah
Objective: Interrogate

A shadow of darkness befell the inner workings of the Government's main hall. From the ground floor Adron's eyes rose only to see the second and third floor, everything past that, leading to the atrium's peak, was taken into a void that his eyes could not penetrate.

No matter, what he searched for was on the second floor.

Clasping his hands behind his back he examined what laid around him. The lift to the next floor was not operational, and the stairway that stood behind it seemed to have caved in on itself. The rubble from an explosion spilling out of the threshold, showing that even if he was able to get into the stairwell there would be nothing to climb it with.

Everything is always a task these days. He mused, pulling down the cowl that covered his raven black hair. He turned back to the piles of rubble that spilled into the main hall, though they were few and far between he realized they could be used for his own mission. Bringing his armored hands from their place by his side, he held his palms towards the piles of stone. Tapping into the Force he brought the stones to a soft rumble before several of them began to float from the ground. Exhaling, bringing his focus to a peak, he shifted his arms away from the stones, forcing them to drift over towards the collapsed stairwell.

One at a time he placed the stones in a stepping pattern to lead from the first floor, to the second floor. The stones providing him with the path he needed to traverse up the large atrium.

His metallic boots clapped onto the surface of the stones, allowing soft echoes to ring out as he made his way up. The task of holding the stones in place was easy enough, yet using the ability while in motion proved distracting if nothing else. Finally his boots met solid ground, the sign for him to release his hold of the rocks. He leaned back, just in time to see the stones collide with the ground, most of them shattering into smaller piles of rock.

"I'm getting good." He muttered, a smirk coming to his face before his mind returned to the stoic place where it had taken up refuge.

The halls Adron stared at brought his mind to a focus, however this one was based on rage, rather than silence. Banners flew over the threshold of every door, marking this wing as the offices used by House Teramo, one of the Houses that conspired to destroy Adron on more than one account. Curling his fists tightly he advanced down the hall, ignoring the smaller offices that lined the sect. Step by step he advanced on the singular door at the end of the hall, Count Teramo's personal office.

His steps grew slightly faster as his patience shortened, he wanted so much to believe that the Count would be in his office, and if not him than information on his whereabouts. Just as his hand was about to roll over the handle he paused, his steps turning to silence as he stared at the door.

Fear.

He could sense fear radiating from the room, so much so it was nearly malleable.

Slowly opening the door his eyes combed over the office before him. A simple layout for a Count of Serenno. One desk with a chair, two desk chairs across from it, a few book shelves and an assortment of picture hanging from the wall. There were two sets of filing cabinets in the corner, yet both had been thoroughly cleaned out, no doubt to hide whatever information could be sensitive to the House.

Still the stench of fear filled the Force, whispering into Adron's ears the location of the fear. Bringing both his hands up, clenching his fingers towards the desk he watched as the edges to the wooden surface became splintered and cracked as if under great pressure. With a fling of his hands the Desk rolled into the air, smashing into the side of the wall as a fearful screech was let out from a man hiding behind the desk.

A Muun, young in appearance, cowered from Adron, his hands held tightly over his head as he cried out. "Mercy! My lord, mercy!"

The quivering voice was met with a stoic, uncaring, stare from the Count of House Malvern. "You are the Chamberlain to House Teramo, are you not?" The question was loaded, for between seeing the man in the company of Count Teramo and his own abilities in reasoning Adron knew this Muun to be the key servant to House Teramo.

"Yes, My lord, I am. My name is-"

"Ago." Adron completed the man's sentence, taking a step towards the frightened Muun.

"What are you doing here Ago?" The Count asked, causing the Chamberlain to slowly lower his arms from his face. "I am sorry My lord. I am so sorry. But after Lord Teramo abandoned the capitol I did not know what else to do, so I hid. After the fighting stopped the others all left, but I was too scared so I stayed here."

Adron held up a hand to silence the man, his eyes combing over the fragile appearance before speaking once more. "Where is Teramo?" He demanded.

"I-I do not know my Lord. As I said he abandoned the Capitol when the fighting started, no one has-" A vacuum found itself forming in the Muun's large throat , sucking away the air that he so relied on.

Clenching his hand into a fist Adron robbed the Muun of his oxygen supply, stepping forward so the alien could better hear him.

"Do you know the downside of having a Chamberlain in ones House? They must be privy to all the knowledge the House relies on, otherwise they are useless. So when you tell me you do not know where your Master is, I find that very hard to believe." He said, releasing his grip on the keeper of House Teramo. Desperate gasps for breath overtook the silence that Adron left after his words. The Muun attempted to refill his lungs as Adron placed a firm hand on the back of his shoulder.

"Let us have words. Chamberlain."

Allies: [member="Anya Loma"] [member="Adron Malvern"]
Objective: Destroy the facility and get out. Meet up with Adron

Once the objective was done with regaining as much information as they could salvage, Anya asked if she had brought any explosives. Ra smiled and chuckled slightly as she shook her head. Placing a hand on her companion's should she pointed to the control room where she had turned on the emergency power.

"I did not, my fiery friend. That's where you come in."

Moving to a closet containing cleaning supplies, she dragged a few of the flammable items out.

"These should do the job. If you don't want to light them on fire, we can always use our lightsabers."

Starting to pour the liquids out around the inside walls of the room, Ra motioned for Anya to pick up some of the other supplies and hoped she caught onto the idea she was going for.

Objective: Investigate
Nearby: [member="Darth Caecus"] | [member="Darth Osano"] | [member="Sinya"]

Aria liked to think she was a creature of reason. She knew how to use her mind, how to process facts and evaluate a situation. A mix of experience and training had honed her ability to think through the chaos of war to a knife edge, and she'd been through enough missions of varying challenge and threat to understand how strategy worked.

In spite of all that, or perhaps because of it, she knew that sometimes it was a good idea to trust instinct.

And instincts were telling her to be on her guard. She couldn't put her finger on why. But the sensation that she ought to stay alert would do for now.

Aria pushed past the entrance of the Spike barely more cautious than usual; it would have taken more attention than the guards she wound up talking to would care to pay to notice the flicker of wariness in her features.

It took unfortunately long to secure which prisoners could be worth attempting to recruit and longer still to convince the guards to let her attempt to recruit them. Guards breathing down her neck did seem like the sort of thing that would damper a lesson about the power of the Dark side, but bargaining for privacy took a good deal longer than she'd have liked.

But eventually, success. Then she could move about at her leisure - but she didn't move towards the cells at first.
She couldn't shake suspicion, and it was annoying.

-​
So she found herself quite at the other end of the structure, overlooking the drop. The view was impressive, if awfully daunting, but she didn't have a good deal of attention to spare it. There was surely something nearby that could confirm she was either right or paranoid - either served to set her back on track.

"Hello?"

Post 4
Obj-burn away the past
Allies-[member="Adron Malvern"] @ra'a'mah

She looked to ra, then as she pointed anya couldn't help but give a grin and chuckled as she felt something in the back of her mind flicker a bit...that love for desctrution caused by hellfire she created, seeing those flames destroy what she wanted destroyed turned to nothing

She grabbed few of the chemicals inspecting them before placing them around, that nice aroma of burnable liquid....she knew which burned well which didn't her time on the streets taught her well

She tolled a larger container over as it spilled leaking into the power room. She hummed a bit as she poured more things around leading into each and every room she could find before standing at the entrance pulling ra with her away as she smiled

watch this

She built up her power, then focused the force before her and soon the temp rose, before long she made a blowing motion and watched the flames engulf the entrance and into the hall igniting and setting off containers as she stepped back

Allies: [member="Teresa Shan"]
Enemy: possibly by posts [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Anya Loma"] @Ra'a'mah

As she hauled her self up to top of ship, she looked at her apprentice. Then said Damn, I left the flag in the office. Then paused for breath, as getting back on to ship without falling to her death. She then said Get in. from the expression on her face, you could see time was short, and not in her favour. As she got into the fury, she then head to comms area. She brought up the ship commanders, of her two I.M.D. Transport Frigates as they answered she could see them standing side by side, in their new uniforms made by [member="Aria Vale"], it did suit them. She then almost with frown, as she not heard back from [member="Flora Burn"] as she hoped her fleet would be back by now. Launch your ships, get droid forces ready and meet me at government buildings. We are to take them, by force. Also launch your eagle fighters, to give you added protection. They both looked at her, and where trying not show their fear of this order. They obey they could be killed, disobey and she kill them. Then almost in unison they both saluted, Right away my lord.

She then looked at her apprentice, then told her what was going to happen next ​We are going to storm the government building, and help place this planet under Sith Empires domain. I have no idea what we going to face, when we get their, nor do I know how this is going to go. As for all I know the emperor and tried and failed to take the planet, but if I don't do anything we die anyway. So better to fight and die, than do nothing and die. She then looked at her room, in their was her armour Meditate whilst I get ready for war, as it is time for that. She then head to her private chamber leaving Captain Markus, to navigate her ship to government offices. Her plan was simple five thousand droids and storm the office, and keep her fury near by to escape if need be.

As soon as she was in her room, she began to disrobe quickly as she could. She needed her war armour on, and be ready to face what ever came at her, this was not going to be some walk in the park. This was going to be blood sweat and tears, and she looking forward to it.

Objective: Dungeon Crawling.
[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Jacob Crawford"] | [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

"Here."

"Here."

"Yep."

"Still kicking."

"Here."

Cerbera stared at Jacob as his voice echoed and ended up being the last one speaking out. All but two of the Duke's men were dead, but that didn't matter to her right now. What mattered was the lack of her voice, already something scratched at her insides, coiling, snarling in glorious fury at what it implied.

"Where is Eharl?" Nobody had an answer, besides the smug little kriffer shrugging at the end of the group. It was the same one she had dropped on his ass.

One of two remaining Duke's Men.

"That old schutta? Eh, saw her take a dive down the canyon, pretty sure that's the last we see of her." He snickered, but nobody seemed to echo his joking sentiment. Mostly because most of them saw the darkened expression as Cerbera pushed her way towards him, once she was there though?

"Hey, didn't mean nuthin' by it, she just seemed a bit useles-"

Her fist suckered him into the throat, as he doubled over her nails pierced through his eyes and from there it devolved. Poison seeping from fingers, gaining immediate entry to blood vehicles and the veins.

The screams followed soon after.

Which was fine, because there were only Sith here now, seeing as the other Duke's man was no other than Venthis.

"Should have let him fall into the ravine." Cerbera mumbled, before shaking her head. "Let's go, I can feel the aura of the artifacts, they are close, very close."

Somewhere beneath their feet.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge
[member="Darth Banshee"]

She'd look at Sabrina and shook her head. "No spare I presume?" She said dropping down the small hatch into the ship. The woman rushed off somewhere so it gave Teresa a moment to familiarize herself with the layout of the ship. Besides it didn't take long for her to be able to hear the sound of her mentors voice and several other. She knew like most that it was rude to listen in although curiosity brought her to the door and leaning on it's frame looking in.

The plan her mentor made was to straight forward and left to much room for error. Especially since it's not Teresa's style to go by force through the front door. Her skills had been honed to suit that of been in the shadows. Teresa wasn't one to meditate freely so instead she moved into the cockpit to watch out the window to give privacy to her mentor. "You know I may need your help making a new outfit for me. Just a little something that is light yet offers me some protection. These robes are okay but they are old and hold meaning. Also I honestly don't feel worthy of wearing them. Although I'm ashamed to admit it, there the only clothes I own." She spoke loudly. Though been a slave once in her life had taught her how to live with the bare minimum. That included food and other things people call necessities.

Even though she was free of the shackles that once binded her she still lived like one as it was all she knew from a young age. Not once had she been taught different to live better. "Sabrina." She'd giggle to herself knowing the woman's true name. "You better hurry. I can see the building from here."

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Objective: Negotiations
Allies: [member="Aurelius Morday"]

The two women barely caught my attention, despite the lavish beauty they beheld in their frames; what laid under those masks could weave a different opinion. No stranger to Alchemy, I've seen the final products constructed after tinkering with living cells, and though the two women could have been spared the upgrades, chances were they could have been exposed to a metamorphosis; that's what I would have done. As for the crimson fluid presented, contained in a glass vial, lining one part of the briefcase caught my full attention. Holding the vial in my hand, I listened as the Sith spoke of a joint corporation, focusing on the biological aspect. This too, got my attention.

"As promised, Aurelius will have his land to construct his projects," examining the gift as I spoke. "And you Ikoral, have a deal." I, too, signed the document as blaster fire erupted outside the chamber, making me smile. Pressing a button on the table, a holomap manifested; slowly rotating on an invisible axis. "There are two prime locations to choose from, both under the jurisdiction of the Venjuta. Each site is protected by natural defenses, but easily accessible both through land and air."

Pouring out the contents of the chalice into a small wine sniffer, I uncorked the vial dispensing the purified sample into my chalice, taking a small pull and swishing it about my mouth before swallowing it; I smiled with approval. "Aurelius will have the first option to choose which site he desires, and by default we shall take the other. Tell me Ikoral, what other projects do you have in mind for sentient subjects? Sithspawn, technobeasts, walking dead, or something far more horrifying?"

Objective: Dungeon Crawling. Find the others.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Jacob Crawford"] [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Dust, darkness, and an all-encompassing silence.

That was all she knew for the first few minutes. Then came the dull ache, rolling up through her body in waves. Every fibre of her body voiced its complaint, but the ears heard only the static of temporary tinnitus, broken by the heavy beat, ba’beat, ba’beat of her pulse. She was unsure if her eyes were open or closed; all she saw was darkness.

How far had she fallen?

Ophidia balled her right fist, then let go; then she balled the left- Ow. Pain shot up her left elbow, the fingers responded, but would not move much: A fracture. She twitched her toes, finding great relief in feeling them respond. This hurt too, but they responded perfectly; she was not paralysed. Gingerly, she moved her neck; it was stiff, but no worse. She rolled over on her stomach very carefully, praying that her back was not broken.

Pain brought her breath to a momentary halt. She felt ribs moving in ways they ought not. It was a danger, but not outright disability. She would be okay.

Krr, krr, ktrr. Kraaaaaatch!

Eharl froze for a moment, her hands pressed against the dirt that had cushioned her fall. Where was the sithspawnipede? What made that sound? Now that she moved, she was delighted to experience slight shifts in the blackness, hinting at a functioning sense of sight. Pressing herself up to a sitting position conjured a groan from deep in her soul. Every fibre of muscle cried in protest, but her sense of self-preservation ushered her forth.

There was something down there with her.

Tshh’krra!

On her left: It could probably sense her injured state. Eharl’s hand slipped to one of Ophidia’s lightsabres, eyes closing as she reached through the immediate and overwhelming sensation of pain, and called the Force to aid.

SNAP-HISS! Kuraaaaatch!

Ruins of Zannia,
Serenno.

Death surrounded the group as if it were planned. Screams emitted from the cracks in the floor. The walls flooded with blood, and more importantly, there were fewer individuals in the group. Running was the best option for the situation, he ran shooting his pistols in the direction of the creatures with little care for his aim. Simply running. He would glance to the side to notice Eharl was missing. He glanced back, unable to see her but continued forwards despite the fact. He released a soft grunt as his charge came to an end, gathering his breath slightly.

"Hmph." He released in exaggeration.

He watched the man speak out. Knowing it would be his final mistake, most of the Duke's men were rather stupid, though it was expected and needed. The aura from the artifacts began to flow over the group, though so would the screams of the final 'guest'.

Then, taking his time to glance around, resuming his own personality and persona. "What are the artifacts?" He said, truly interested.

Continuing onwards towards wherever the green-skinned lady would lead them.

[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Jacob Crawford"]

{4}
Allies: [member="Anya Loma"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Banshee"]
Objective: Escape

The limp body of the Muun Chamberlain hung lifeless in Adron's grip. Finally releasing the corpses shoulder from his hand he exhaled before glancing around the darkened room. He had thoroughly interrogated the Muun, bringing to surface the location of the Count he sough out. With no more information to be gained he ended the creature's life, not caring to deal with the consequences that could be born from sparing him.

Adron pressed a hand to his comlink, patching him through to [member="Anya Loma"] .

"Anya. I've finished my business in Carannia. It's time for us to regroup. Have the two of you finished your task?" The Archlord questioned, making his way out of House Teramo's main office. Shutting the door behind him there was a slow stride taken up as he walked back down the Teramo halls.

"The building is placed under a lock down, most likely all information is gone or useless. And I can sense a few scattered presences in here but they are of no matter." He finished, finally bringing himself back to the railway overlooking the ground floor. He stepped onto the stone railing, balancing his feet on the flat surface as he spoke into his comm device once more.

"I want you two to come and pick me up. Once we've regrouped I'll tell you about our next mission." He explained. The Count exhaled before leaping down from the railing, calling on the Force to cushion his fall as his feet came into contact with the floor beneath him.

Allies: [member="Anya Loma"] [member="Adron Malvern"]
Objective: Meet up with Adron

Anya did indeed get the idea that Ra had. They worked together to make sure the compound floor was covered in liquid and when that task was done, Anya pulled Ra out of the building. It took only a few moments before Anya had enough power gathered and set the building ablaze in front of them. They watched as the fire spread from room to room and the heat quickly built to an inferno. The hidden and low flames quickly rose and the walls collapsed into rubble. Flames still burned and would for hours to come before the fire ate everything in its path.

Turning from the scene they created, Ra heard Anya's communicator go off and she nodded. They had completed what they came here to do, Adron had done his. Now they just needed to meet up with Adron and go from there.

Climbing into the passenger speeder Ra had brought along for this job, she motioned for Anya to join her.

Opening up her own line to Adron, "yes, we are finshed, Adron. We will meet you at the rendezvous point."

Allies-[member="Adron Malvern"] @ra'a'mah
Objective- regroup.....possibly head to the estate
Location-serennon intelligence station

Anya heard her comm go off, she listened and then looked to ra as she then spoke into her comm

indeed all is done, as ra said we are heading there now...maybe after our next mission we can head to the manor to retrieve what we can

She left her necklace there....the one adron had bought her when they first met on naboo...she had to retrieve it no matter what and she would get it back...that held great value to her

She sighed and glanced to ra as she spoke

carannia isn't too far from here, that actually is a blessing

As the two rode she looked out at the destruction and clenched her fist...she'd one day return here with adron and they'd make it right they'd remove the sith...for now she knew she needed patience

Objective: Dungeon Crawling & Artifact Hunting
With: [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Jacob frowned slightly as he looked over at Cerbera, sensing one emotion or another twisting about within the green-skinned woman. Why was that? Was she concerned for Eharl?

He felt as though he was missing something, more so when Cerbera turned her gaze on the last of the Duke's Men, the same one who had nearly plummeted to his death earlier. Jacob said nothing, nor did anything as the woman marched over to the man, a dark storm looming over her head as a degree of tension settled around those left.

The man barely managed to finish his last sentence before Cerbera's fist slammed into his throat, effectively cutting him off. Although that was the least of his problems, as Cerbera plunged her nails into his eyes as if they were needles. There was no reaction from Jacob as the screams began to echo out, he glanced over to Venthis at one point to see the others' reaction. Although it seemed everyone present shared the same type of thought.

He wasn't exactly going to be missed.

Once the body of the Duke's man hit the ground, they were on the move again, Cerbera resuming her lead as they pressed on. Now that there were only Sith present, Jacob moved his lightsaber previously hidden beneath his cloak and attached it its usual place at his left hip.

The thought of Sith however gave Jacob pause, realizing who Eharl was - or rather a general idea that she was one of them.

"Who's Eharl?" He asked, his eyes fixed on Cerbera as the trio trekked onwards.

[member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Jacob Crawford"] | [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Questions... always with the questions.

There was silence for a while as they picked their way through the cavernous tunnel and swept into a larger cave. "Forged under my hand, they grant great power to their holders." The Sith responded to the first question in half, while her hand traced the line of the cavern wall. "But they bring doom.... power has its cost. Always." Now the pointed look swept past the cave and towards Jacob, just for a single moment, as the flicker turned into a smirk once she noted his cybernetic arm. If anyone here knew about the price she extracted from those she assisted. Though Jacob's price was simple, nothing, compared to what the rebellious Dukes would experience once they held their coveted artifacts.

"Eventually they will be destroyed by them... but until then they will obey. Ensuring that their war ends before they can start it."

Oh, there would be chaos... beautiful chaos and Cerbera would be there to oversee it.

The second question, posed by Jacob, was ignored for the moment. The Sith Lord crouched next to a particular piece of the wall - it looked practically the same, no, it was the same, until from the depths of her pockets a gleaming stone was revealed.

Acidic emerald shining poison green.

"She is an ally, the rest is not up to me to reveal."

The green shine washed over the wall, then Cerbera pushed at- through it and her hand followed, passing through the wall. "It's a shame all of the Duke's men expired so quickly.... I had an entire show planned out to woo them."

Ruins of Zannia,
Serenno.

Venthis had enquired about the artifacts in which they were looking for. He got his answer, though it seemingly changed his opinion on the matter completely. He had gone in, looking to retrieve one for himself. Though, now... not so much.

"But they bring doom.... power has its cost. Always."

"I see." Venthis replied with shortly afterward.

The fact that she had herself created the artifacts was interesting to Venthis. Seemingly someone who was very skilled.

He glanced to the side for a moment in thought before giving her a nod in response. Still following shortly behind her, he would mimic her motions for some time before making his way to the side as she pulled the emerald stone from her pocket. He squinted his eyes at it briefly for sometime before seeming astonished at her hand as it passed through the wall. Glancing to Jacob for a moment, then back to the green-skinned lady.

Though for Jacob's question. It did too intrigue Venthis to who Eharl was. Most likely a Sith. Most likely one he had never met before. He was an acolyte, not one who had branched out to make his own relationships within the Empire, or at least not yet.

[member="Cerbera"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Jacob Crawford"]

With: [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

He wasn't exactly surprised at the revelation that Cerbera was the one that had forged the artifacts. He had come along on this little 'adventure' knowing well enough that the woman had been twisting the ears of the Dukes, whispering promises of power if they could get their hands on these items. A much more devious way of moving pieces of influence into play rather than just giving them out on a silver platter, where suspision could be easily found in having something so powerful be simply handed to them.

Jacob met Cerbera's gaze in that brief moment when her eyes wandered his way. Her words did not pass over his head, but he knew that whatever she had imbued into the artifacts would have much heavier cost than what she had implemented in his arm.

Although the reminder of that did make Jacob wonder, did Cerbera use that same forge to create the items they were currently searching for?

As someone who was really just starting to explore it, the art of alchemy was fascinating, especially so when watching a master of it at work. He was curious to see just what Cerbera had concocted for each of the items.

He did raise a slight eyebrow at Cerbera's response about Eharl, she didn't reveal who - just the fact that she was an ally, which to Jacob meant she was likely another Sith. It was just a matter of who was hidden beneath the veil, whoever it was, was a master at keeping their presence at a bare minimum.

"Yes, it's a pity I suppose. Instead they ended up being the appetizers for the starting act." Jacob watched as Cerbera's hand disappeared into the stone, likely looking for some hidden lever or switch to open the way forward.

Jacob's remark received an inclination of the head.

It had always been the plan for at least half or more of their men to be massacred - just to hit home how difficult and dangerous this mission had been, to solidify the opinions of the Duke that they were dealing with power, instead of some pretty trinkets. But they had proven to be weak... or perhaps Cerbera had overdone it with the Sithspawn. Sometimes her flair for the perfection caused plans to go... less than expected, but no, her children had done their part beautifully.

"First you see it... then you don't." Cerbera mumbled as her arm twisted and suddenly a large portion of the wall faded away. The shimmer of the enchantment shifted towards acidic emerald - at this point a call-sign as much as anything else.

The illusion paved way towards obsidian stone cut into a rough stairway that descended into the shadows. "Once you see them you will be very tempted to touch them." She looked at both of them, amber disks observing in a bemused fashion. "Hold them... claim them... it's an integral part of their construction. Please try to restrain yourself, yes?" The last thing Cerbera wanted to do was execute them and cleanse the artifacts from the bond twisted into shape between their corpses and themselves.

That would get messy.

Once both of them acknowledged this Cerbera nodded again, before stepping forward into the night, her feet light on the steps that took them deeper and deeper into the oily shadows of the cavern system.

Ruins of Zannia,
Serenno.

Venthis' eyes narrowed as the wall revealed itself to be nothing but a facade. Hiding what Cerbera had placed behind it. As she entered, so did he. Listening carefully to what she had to say. He was hesitant to pick one of these artifacts up now he understood the consequences or how little he did.

"Right, of course." He stated, tightening the band that kept his hair in a bun. He'd hate for it to get in his face, especially in a situation like this.

Making his way through the entrance and then down the staircase he would take note of the path, in case he were to have to leave on his own. Though previously dropping one of his blaster pistols during the gunfight. He still had one on his belt ready, as well as his lightsaber within his trouser leg. Surprisingly a gust of wind, blew out from within the cavern they were about to enter or at least Venthis felt it.

Self-control was something Venthis struggled with.

[member="Cerbera"] | [member="Jacob Crawford"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Understood." Jacob gave a simple nod, before the trio pushed onwards past the theshold and down the darkened stairway.

He was no stranger to temptation, especially that which crawled at one's thirst for knowledge. Ever since he and Matsu had 'repaired' his mind; the damage done by the Netherworld, there had been an unending desire to learn, to know.

Jacob saw them as cracks, but in reality they were more like bottomless crevices, weaving an erratic pattern through his mind. They were a festering wounds, always hungering for knowledge, trying to find something that could fill the void.

It was an impossible task, to try and satisfy a vicious cycle that could never be sated.

As they stepped from the stairway and into the corridor, Jacob could already feel their presence. Like tendrils lingering out from the darkness, translucant and capable of passing through any physical barrier. He winced, feeling his mind instinctively reaching out to meet them.

Like a child trying to reach for the cookie jar.

With a small amount of mental exertion Jacob pulled said child away, throwing him into a room and locking the door. He bit back a grimace as he felt a pounding headache immediately erupt in response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom