Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a new SSD for the Silver Jedi Order.
  • Image Source: Battlestar Galactica, Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Here
  • Development Dominions: 1, 2, 3
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Powerful armament.
  • Multilayered shields, armor, and a reinforced frame giving the Defender a roughed, well defended build.
  • Heavy flak cover that can be used to protect multiple ships.
  • Central A.I. can be used to limit crew needs and quickly analyze situations.
  • Hanger capable of housing up to 2 frigate sized vessels, or 4 corvettes.
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow, even for an SSD.
  • Limited heavy weapons that can face aft.
  • Central A.I. does think independently, and could disobey orders they view as wrong.
  • Most heavy weapons are mounted to favor broadside engagements.
DESCRIPTION
Built and designed by Concord Specialized Technologies at the request of the Silver Jedi Concord, the Defender comes in as the largest vessel ever built from the ground up by CST, with assistances from Lucerne Labs. The SSD clocking in at 6000 m, and features and absolutely massive battery of weapons and defensive systems. On the weapons front, the main battery consists of 20 MPC-1 hyper particle cannons split between turrets and casemate mounts, giving is an powerful broadside. Along with this, the vessel has two Onager-class plasma railguns mounted into the nose of the vessel, giving her a strong forward armament as well. Rounding out the heavy weapons are 74 Varactyl heavy dual turbolaser turrets, and 80 twin turbolaser turrets, along the 30 Strill Heavy launch tubes.

Adding to the heavy weapons are the lighter defensive weapons that help lend to the ships name. 120 Rainburst-class flak guns mark every possible angle of the Defender and allows it to not only protect itself, but other vessels on it's fleet. Supplementing the flak batteries are 140 quad PC-3 turrets, 60 LTT-15 emplacements, and 60 quad Vaapad-class turrets.

In addition to it's weapons, the Defender's defensive systems make her a near-fortress. With a reinforced durasteel frame, reinforced duraplast armor plating, and ablative hull plating let her take a beating from most weaponry, even without its shields raised. With shielding, the super is covered primarily by multiple layers of an Aspis-class shield system, allowing it to easily direct shield power where needed, combined with a Aegis II shield to defend against missiles and other solid projectiles.

As for other important features, the Defender has a massive "through-and-through" hanger capably of housing up to 32 squadrons, with up to 26 of them being fighter squadrons. It is even large enough to fit up to a pair of frigates if absolutely necessary. The vessel is also equipt with a Metis Sensor array on top of some standard sensors. The Metis system allows the massive ship to accurately keep up with combat situations, even if it relies on other vessels for long range scanning because of this. And finally is the ships A.I., Kranak, who allows the ship to operate with less crew. Unlike other vessels, the sheer size of the Defender's systems has meant that access to some standard systems has had to limited to prevent an overload on Kranak's system, notably engineering and direct access to weapon systems.

One last detail that is somewhat notable is a saying painted below the vessels name, "Tal'onidir." While a small detail that many might assume is just the vessels name in Mando'a (considering the yard it came from), is actually a saying that means "sweating blood," and is a Mandalorian saying for giving something everything you have, and it's noted to the crew that's what's expected when the Defender is called to action.

Last edited:
Mig Gred Mig Gred

This all looks good. just a few things.

The manufacturer: A company can't create an SSD, they can only be produced and fielded by a major faction. You could state that it was designed by Concord but Concord can't be listed as the primary manufacturer.

Weaknesses:

Heavy reliance on particle cannons, which can be partially stopped by both energy and particle shields.

How is that a weakness?

Mig Gred Mig Gred

This all looks good. just a few things.

The manufacturer: A company can't create an SSD, they can only be produced and fielded by a major faction. You could state that it was designed by Concord but Concord can't be listed as the primary manufacturer.

Weaknesses:

How is that a weakness?
Ok. Fixed the manufacture issue. As for the Particle Cannon weakness part, basically I’ve always subbed them as a way around highly specialized shields since, from the original Battlefront games, they’re energy but also explode and have some sorta mass to them. So basically in my mind both ray and particle can block parts of it. If I need to change it though I’d be more than happy to.

Ok. Fixed the manufacture issue. As for the Particle Cannon weakness part, basically I’ve always subbed them as a way around highly specialized shields since, from the original Battlefront games, they’re energy but also explode and have some sorta mass to them. So basically in my mind both ray and particle can block parts of it. If I need to change it though I’d be more than happy to.

I wouldn't really call it a weakness since it requires two types of shields to block it. If anything its reliance on these weapons is more of a strength. A weakness is something that can be exploited to defeat this ship for example. I think if you remove it then we should be good to go.

I wouldn't really call it a weakness since it requires two types of shields to block it. If anything its reliance on these weapons is more of a strength. A weakness is something that can be exploited to defeat this ship for example. I think if you remove it then we should be good to go.
Ok. Traded it out for the aft not being that well protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom