Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Concord Specialized Technologies Central A.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a standard sub for Concord Specialized Technologies A.I. systems.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Skira-class, Concordia-class
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Concord Specialized Technologies
  • Affiliation: Concord Specialized Technologies, Mandalorians
  • Model: Concord Specialized Technologies Central A.I.
  • Modularity: Yes, Some coding.
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Computer parts, coding.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Independent by coding.
  • Starship/station understanding.
STRENGTHS
  • Ability to operate independently.
  • Problem solving.
  • Tendency to gain unique personalities.
WEAKNESSES
  • The combination of independence and personality can make them unpredictable.
  • While these A.I. can help run multiple aspects of starships, they can also become overtaxed.
  • They will often view crews and fellow Central A.I. as their own family, and in certain situations this bond could overriding their own logic.
DESCRIPTION
Created along with the Skira-class assault star destroyer, the Concord Specialized Technologies Central A.I. is a smart A.I. designed to reduce the crew requirement of larger starships. While these A.I. are designed to operate many starship systems, they follow many of the same standards of coding. Particularly, this includes a tendency to develop their own personality. This makes each A.I. fairly unique, and they will often take on names from their ships (Like the Keros' Kad's Kaddie, or the Star Hunter's Hunter). Although this can be good, the unique nature of these A.I. can also lead to them becoming unpredictable. This can include ignoring order that they view as wrong, or even withholding information if they think it is the right think.

Another advantage of these A.I. is that they are programmed as good problem solvers, particularly for assisting with issues aboard their ship or station. On the flip side though, they can also become overtaxed it they have to handle too many issues at once, and can require them to "cool down" for a period of time. During this cool down they focus on minimum tasks. Even with these quirks, many have come to like their ship A.I.s, often trusting in them to handle tasks generally left to organic crew members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom