Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Defence for Introverts

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

Tag: Skorvek Skorvek

Ambient Forrest Sounds

hcQ5MR8g9-TsYVtgjJ3KQcMUeAlTjnUKYUoY6gAI5-JWzih3kt8HpmpmzjELZzePF-2JJZA2yc8fTstE_sIRKAb__83ARtinOLH1Ls8nQ5QLAkLubDw7im3agZK-7kOsH02EttBztC4hmqJD0OVgWy1NXx5vmxBEQ0s-Hx2mUfhdZXiYU7pDDsQE3pWnIw
The sun beamed through the viewport into the bedroom waking the woman up from her much needed rest. The woman had been wondering the area looking at the site for a future home, though for an introverted woman, she had spent the day walking around enjoying the sights. Tall trees, lots of animals including the water life. A purchase well worth it to Dedata's mind. However for the next little while she had other plans, a request had been sent Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae way for any of her branch was free for a task, they needed great melee skills too. The Twi'lek had recommended Skorvek Skorvek and thus he was summoned to epica. Today was the day he'd be arriving, though he lacked the details for why he was brought here and why to keep this meeting hush hush from others in the family.

Celty yawned after staring at the ceiling for a few minutes, tossing the sheet over to one side the woman groaned sitting up. Part of her wanted more sleep to give into that feeling of tiredness but the idea of turning the ship around seemed a hassle to attempt. Standing up the woman grabbed her bodysuit and put it on before following the daily routine. Shower, breakfast and few cups of caff. It then dawned on her that she did not know if Skorvek's ship would fit in the clearing, it was the largest one she could find closest to the lake.

She moved through the ship to the bottom floor and onto the elevator. A hit of the button and she began to descend. Under the ship she had set up a little seating area just in front of where the elevator would touchdown. There was a firepit and fold out lounging chairs. Walking over to the little set up Celty pushed a cargo floater with several metal cases on and a cooler. She'd set the containers down and put the cooler between the two seats and sat down herself investing the free time into the information readouts that was being sent to her by the VI.

It was a couple hours before the woman could hear a ship coming closer.

S5Ca09pTjlYAy12l_xVvMe8A5lfFChyLkP-n6QVk-KinsOSSJoXj2kpodVV2bjcSBDzwCBeWW4AYrNn3IFCiypd8l3p1tL2YMB0TJUYqzYYh6rI-OLf-ttXpp95ijF50JPDX8QbtXnjzuHOMUEDdJqU8YKn7ipOSBKLdeoI02CuqiF79Bjz4L816ODHYYA

He was called for reasons unknown to him by Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree who was high on the Family food chain and by far one of the more mysterious ones he's encountered so far, he arrived in his more standard Gam the ship was enough to make the landing at the clearing she chose wasn't hard to notice the ship already set up and her making herself comfortable as he made his way over fully geared, such small things these creature comforts of hers he never could understand the point of them. When he approached it wasn't hard to notice or hear him coming with the heavy clad of Beskar thumping along the ground when he arrived.

You wanted to see me for something?

Ambient Forrest Sounds

hcQ5MR8g9-TsYVtgjJ3KQcMUeAlTjnUKYUoY6gAI5-JWzih3kt8HpmpmzjELZzePF-2JJZA2yc8fTstE_sIRKAb__83ARtinOLH1Ls8nQ5QLAkLubDw7im3agZK-7kOsH02EttBztC4hmqJD0OVgWy1NXx5vmxBEQ0s-Hx2mUfhdZXiYU7pDDsQE3pWnIw
She had front row seats for the ship landing not to far ahead. Soon Skorvek would exit and walk over clad in heavy armor that seemed to have similarities to mandalorians armor but also different at the same time. Perhaps it was creative choices so that it would fit such an unusual frame. Celty did not move from her seat just yet but had put the Datapad down to give the man her full attention.

You wanted to see me for something?

The woman flicked open the cooler getting two cooled canteens of water out. "I-I did yes, thank you for coming." She could not help feeling nervous, socially interacting people outside of text. Eyes closed, a deep breath in and a slow exhale counting the seconds in her head to calm down. Celty reminded herself that it was part of the change to make the one she loved happy before opening her eyes looking back at the man. "Recently I had a knife lodged in the back of my head millimeters away from slicing into my brain. The life day gathering was the first time I had been properly up and about since that happened. It serves as a point that I cannot rely on others to keep protecting my ass the way I had hoped."

Celty stood up wondering in her head how this would work out, but she was adamant that it was time for change. "You was called out here to basically train me in defencive skills. Need t be ready for anything, need to stop running from a fight or feeling hopeless when a comrade is in a pinch. Also would help make me feel less of a liability y'know. Also as usual, you're not to let anyone know about this meeting, including the donna and your capo. Wanna keep this a secret for a little. The donna will know from me personally."

She moved closer to the Anubian man. "You get to choose your pay for this with in reason, hard work fair pay and you are teaching someone that does not know how to anything but run or hide." Her hand extended out for a handshake. "I don't expect this to be easy and this will be a long term contract between us till you deem that you have taught me everything you can within my capabilities."

S5Ca09pTjlYAy12l_xVvMe8A5lfFChyLkP-n6QVk-KinsOSSJoXj2kpodVV2bjcSBDzwCBeWW4AYrNn3IFCiypd8l3p1tL2YMB0TJUYqzYYh6rI-OLf-ttXpp95ijF50JPDX8QbtXnjzuHOMUEDdJqU8YKn7ipOSBKLdeoI02CuqiF79Bjz4L816ODHYYA

So he was brought here to train her in combative arts, when she revealed her reason for summoning him he listened and looked her over as well to judge what kind of training would better benefit her, with her small concept and body it maybe best to focus on speed rather then strength, Agility over raw power. She mentioned wanting to do this so she wont run and hide anymore during combat and he respected her reasoning, He took her hand when she offered it to shake.

Then I shall teach you to the fullest capabilities, judging by what im seeing so far the wisest choice would be to focus on speed and agility, to make the enemy have a difficult time tracking and hitting you before you can reach them.

Dedata | Celty Ree Dedata | Celty Ree

Ambient Forrest Sounds

Celty nodded with a positive smile, though she was partly masking the discomfort of a handshake much firmer that her own. She was still happy nevertheless that Skorvek had accepted. As her hand slipped away from his, Celty took a step back so that she could comfortably look up and speak to the giant anubian. "Sounds good to me. Already fairly fast on my feet with flexibility to mach. Great climber too so easy to say I can handle my own bodyweight."

She handed Skorvek a canteen filled with water. "The land around here is mine so I don't mind if you want a dedicated spot for training or what I plan to have my home constructed by the lake over yonder. Honestly don't know what I am getting into here, so you just tell me what you need no limit to expenses..." Celty let out a quiet long breath as she turns to grab the two weapons of the cargo floater tucking them into the respective sheath and clip. The woman turned back around to look at Skorvek "I'm not like everyone else. Not a person to have nerves of steal when blasterbolts are being exchanged. Rather, it scares me. I like the comfort of my ship, the field work that is so fools proof that I feel safe."

Her hand reached up to the back of her head that had been replaced with a cybernetic implant to fix the fact that someone had gotten the jump on her. "Safety is a lie I tell myself. Takes a moment of lowered guard or thinking something is safe, I know that one now." Her hand dropped back to her side. "So gotta be better, for myself, the family and the person I like. Don't want em to be sad if I die stupidly."

"So, uhh where d' we begin?"

He pondered for a moment, he had a few ideas but if they where to focus on her agility ...then we shall start with that, without much word he simply walked to a open field and waited for her to follow him there, if she did then he will produce his spear but he removed his armor setting it to the side before drawing out the iron from the earth to make a simple thing Iron quarter staff for himself.

First we focus on your speed..then we go from there, first step learning to dodge attacks, you must watch your opponent closely examine every bit of them to try and determine there body lanuage and when they may strike and from which direction so that you can dodge it accordingly.

We shall begin when ready

Without word the Anubian began to walk off, she didn't think much of it and began to follow. Celty would vape as she walked idly behind. Hey eyes would be drawn to the nature thinking how pretty it looked and how clean the air was. Coruscant had many things but clean air was not one of those Even her ship paled in comparison of being in nature. It was a rare thing to be around places like this for her. It was part of the reason she wanted a home here and why to train here too. There was other reasons to, like planning the house and surveying the land with Dee's help.

Celty reached the smaller clearing next to the one their ships where. She noticed that the man had taken off his armor and was pulling the metal out the ground. Of which gave her ideas for later outside of training. The woman approached Skorvek as he began speaking. "Yeah I mean ready as I can be I guess. So what do I need to do." She said now wondering if it was a wise idea to have her helmet on. She didn't know what training would entail other than she expects a little pain.

He observed her for a moment as he gave the metal rod he created a few twirls and swings before looking to her he slowly approached her staff digging into the ground as he spoke he was watching and observing her body language and the like he wanted to test her as well as train her.

For now, I want to test your reflexes, we are going to be focusing mostly on them and your agility, the ability to dodge and use your agility to your advantage, if you can learn to dodge an attack coming towards you and time it you can avoid the attack and take the opportunity to strike at your opponent before

With that he ripped some of the ground up as he went for a upward swing with the rod, he made sure if he hit it would only bruise nothing more he wasn't here to kill or maime her he was here to teach her.

Admittedly she felt lost in what the being actually men't. Rather she understood the context but could not picture it in her head. Still the attack commenced, it seemed sudden. No ready start just straight in. Of course as the stick came up Celty stumbled back causing her to take the hit square on the chin. Celty grunted from the impact, while falling backwards tucking her head in and hands out to the side slapping the ground as they made contact. It was safe to say the woman knew how to fall right. Something anyone who rooftop jumps need to learn.

"Ouch." she said keeping her teeth clenched as the slicer breathed through her teeth. "Probably five steps further backwards. What's the best way to block?" With little effort she got back up rubbing the spot it hurt. This time she got into her interpretation of a basic fighting stance. It was not good by any stance but for a beginner it probably would not surprise Skorvek

He took note of what happened and nodded before he took five steps back exact, he sometimes forgets that his size makes his reach longer then someone of her size so he will accommodate, he observed her stance and her question when she asked what the best way to block was. A broad question it depends on a variety of factors.

There are various ways to block, it depends on the opponent and the weapon, For staves like whats in my hand here however its always best to try and dodge the hits and close the distance, staves like this depends on reach and distance and wide open spaces to negotiate whilst trying to strike, The closer the opponent the less accuracy they will have.

Lets give it a try, I want you to try and dodge my strikes while trying to get close that i wont be able to react before you can hit me.

With that said he went for a jab towards her with the rod trying to keep into account her size so he doesn't forget his own strength

te2UlVm.png
As the man spoke the woman came to the conclusion that even if she did block the next attack it would likely sting, and so for confidence sake Celty took the Short Spear into her hand. She knew that right now trying to use both to block would leave her even more disadvantage. It was safe to say there was a second reason to not using the Blade, it flashed seconds ahead making it feel like a handicap.

With the short spear in hand and taken note of what Skorvek had said the little Info broker steeled herself as she noticed movement. As the stave closed distance her feet instinctively pulled her back as her hand swiped away the stick. A small smile ran across her lips feeling like she can do this. Perhaps it was little arrogance with pulling the odds that she would have blocked it at some points. Regardless it was a small boost of confidence, that was what Celty needed most to keep at learning something that scares her. "Yay." She said under breath now waiting for what was next.

Her brain began to wonder how the next attack would come, how to best position or offer the best chance to defend.

He was pleased with her quickness as she swiped away the stick but he followed the swipe with a twirl and grabbed the rod with both hands like a great sword and went for a power swing going at a upward right curve as he closed the distance to try and get her with the stick, he wanted to continue testing her reflexes and see how she would fair with an attack chain and how she responds accordingly, he was pleased to see her quickness but now its time to test her adaptability .

The angle of attack changed fast and came at her quickly. There was no time to think and her body just moved on it's own as she she ducked to her left and pushed right as the blade moved over top. As her body came back up straight there was little time to move. Sweat was already moving down Celty's forehead from anticipation and still the nervousness of being hit.

Without the time to recover the first flurry of strikes made contact with her shoulder the second to the ribs; by the third strike the short spear came down fast as she leaped backwards. Her hand held up as if to pause a moment while dropping the spear to the floor and leaning over. Celty was struggling to draw air into her lungs after being winded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom