Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Deceit found

The once lively tower was now silent, serving as a mass graveyard for all who had been killed in the battle that had finished mere hours ago. Everything was silent just how Samara liked it, and seeing as everyone had left this was the best time to check and see what all Apollyon had hidden away. She inserts a chip into a computer, pulling up information ranging from footage of the torture of Mandalorians held here and how they were shaped into Tal'Beskar. With a decent level of curiosity, she inspects the footage of the process . . . Brutal and downright cruel, her eyes bear witness to footage of a man being boiled alive within his armor, melting them through the use of fire and sith alchemy.

Samara keeps her hands behind her back, holding a professional pose as they studied the results and how this ritual was done. The information on this vile process was now within her mind, and she kept note of it before looking through the rest of the data. It took a while but eventually, Samara found out why Apollyon had seemingly vanished and stopped reporting in to Carnifex. Why she herself was tasked with learning what happened to the crazed woman, and the answer was that Apollyon had found a way to break into the afterlife for members of house Vizsla. Here within the depths of the nether, a powerful weapon lie in wait, one that was famed among the Mandolorian people . . .
The Darksaber.

There existed a gate that allowed a living being to break the veil and intrude on the land of the dead, this caused Sam to tap a clawed hand against the desk as she contemplated all this. It all sounded like pure madness, but out of all people, Samara knew madness could be true. And once everything was downloaded she would take out the chip and stash it away, taking out a holoprojector device soon after and calling Malsheen.

"This is agent Samara, please inform our lord that Apolloyn is dead. I have learned why she betrayed our lord, they had gone crazy going after an artifact of the Mandolorian people. I will send a basic sheet of intel your way, but all the data on the chip is simply too large for me to send it over. I will be returning to Malsheem to report in and deliver this chip to or lord myself, for now, I will work on getting the chip home.

The holoprojector is silent for a time, the servant who answered could be heard speaking with someone in the background for a moment before the responded to Sam.

"Understood agent, information has been delivered and will soon arrive to our dark lord."

Samara then turns off the device, going back to skimming through the footage before taking her saber and slicing open the machine that held the data.

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

smalldivdark.png
"There's nothing left, Jedi. Silent as the grave" Tayl muttered to her temporary Ally, glancing at the many corpses from behind her cold and empty visor. Mother's rescue was... hard, on the young Mandalorian. seeing the things they had done to her, the state it left her in... Few things could unnerve Tayl enough to get past her bio-inhibitor chip, and this was one of them.

It had left her in a sour mood...

So hearing that there may be an
imposter among them, A deceitful rat that may not be who she claimed to be? It had her more on edge than usual. In all honesty, she didn't want to believe it. Not after she put her trust in Samara. She wanted to blame the Jedi's foolish religion for this newfound paranoia, but a small part of her knew not to take chances.

Iris hadn't steered her wrong yet. In fact, she had done Tayl a lot of good since they met.

"I just want to go home, Iris. It's been far too long" She groaned softly into her helm's commlink.

Heat. Sparks. A low hum that rang with foreboding. And a nightmarish glow...
She needn't even look in Iris' direction, nor the Jedi's sorcery to know that the young woman was right. Why did she have to be right?!
And as they rounded the corner, Tayl with one hand on her blaster, visibly recoiled as she came to a stop just inside the doorway.

"Samara...?" She spoke with the sorrow of a girl who had just seen cruel fate come true.

"What are you doing here...?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris wasn't sure. Then again, she never was. The Force, the colors, they never did lie. Even when Iris hoped they would. Something was wrong in them. She had no idea what, more than a feeling something was off. But it was enough to tell Tayl and investigate. She kept by the Mandalorian, hand on the hilt of her lightsaber. Ready, waiting. Always praying she was just wrong.

Except she wasn't.

Samara. Iris's eyes narrowed just a little as she stepped forward. The red saber of a Sith. There was nothing in the colors that hinted at the woman being Sith, but maybe that was the problem. Her Master was a Shadow. There were ways to hide someone's influence in the Force. Mistrust was there, but so was the benefit of the doubt. There were people without the Force who used lightsabers.

There was no ignoring the ruined station, though. All that information, gone. Destroyed.

"What are you trying to hide?"

Samara Samara | Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

This time there would be no hiding it, the jedi had managed to see the almost invisible web of lies that the agent produced. Samara would be adorned in her actual armor, cold and vampiric in appearance.

There would be no stealthing going on this time, her dark side energy was pulsating in a frantic manner, someone had granted this apprentice a boon of power.

"I knew that Jedi would cause me issues, always too nosey for their own good."

Samara sighs in frustration, she knew this was about to get violent, red sparks of lightning flicker from her hand.

"I must admit Tayl that I did not expect to see you here, I have no quarrel with you. My task was to investigate why Apollyon had failed to report in, so I did. And now I need to go tell my lord why she decided to betray and withhold information, I suggest you leave me. We all do what we must to survive, what harm is there in me gathering some simple information hmm? If I wanted to kill you I would have just used my spells in our duel, but I didn't."

Her red saber turns off, being placed back on her belt along with the blade Tayl had given Samara, instead she prefers to keep her force pike at the ready.

Anger. Shock. Revelation. These colors danced around the young Mandalorian like fine silk in the wind, invisible to the naked eye, but on full display to the sorcerers around her.

One stood beside her.

One stood before her.

"Aruetyc darjetii...!" She muttered in disbelief. And yet it all made sense now.
The way Samara could react to their shared enemies before Tayl could. Her skill with that pike of hers. That pure, dark aggression she fought with. The sick joy she took in pain... For all the advantages the augments gave her, the clarity of thought and speed with which she used it, Tayl was still blind after all.

She was silent at first, eyes locked with Samara's from behind the empty black transparasteel between them. Samara's words, and the newfound absence of that red glow, it sent a wave of conflict throughout the Mandalorian's clouded mind. Conflict that, on any other day, would have been settled with quick and rational thought, and perhaps, the flash of a single, well placed blaster.

"Iris, I-" for the first time in my life "I don't know what to do-"

Her fingers gently tapped the duraplast carapace of her monstrous hand-cannon in a subconscious rhythm, in mimicry of the same that Samara performed for Tayl when they first met weeks ago.

And then shakily, hesitantly, she removed them from the blaster, balling her fist as she turned away in anger.
"Dank
Ferric!"

But it was only a matter of time before she turned back to glare at the witch, pointing a single accusatory finger, perhaps some small mercy, relative to the alternative. "Who do you work for?! Who did she work for?!"
Apollyon, The Demagolka. If Samara worked for the same master as that aruetyc, than perhaps mercy would be short lived.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris's eyes narrowed at the sparks. Red lightning. The colors around drained, just a little, with every dancing crimson. No hiding it now. Samara was Sith. It'd be an easy thing to confront for the Padawan, if not for the surge of colors beside her. The dimming. Anger, rage, hurt. Her gaze turned briefly to Tayl. Betrayal. She didn't know the extent of the relationship Samara and Tayl had, but it was obvious they were close.

She let out a breath, stilling her mind. Letting her oddly colored eyes refocus on the threat before them.

"Breath, Tayl." So far, no fight had actually happened. Just the threat of violence. This didn't need to devolve into a fight. There was still a chance for peace.

"Just come quietly, Samara. You haven't done anything wrong yet. We can talk, sort this all out. Peacefully."

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla | Samara Samara

"Apollyon was supposed to report to the dark lord Carnifex, her silence was odd . . . So I was sent to figure out why they seemingly stopped reporting in. And now I know, but now I ask why you scream at me."

It would be then that Iris spoke up.

"Get out of their head, your order likes to present itself as some force that protects people, but under all that shine your kind are just as flawed as I can be. So don't you dare speak about peace or if I have done anything wrong or right! Your ignorant code enstills weakness, pacifism.. How are you supposed to protect something if your mind has been manipulated to be an emotionless husk with no passion. Passion is what keeps people going, do you think Tayl here wanted to peacefully speak with the people who once lived in this tower? Did anyone within the group want to PEACEFULLY speak with traitors to their kind? You expect me to just sit down and let myself be captured by the likes of you?! GET AWAY FROM ME NOW!"

Her scream caused a minor shockwave around the area as the young Sith's anger started to increase.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength, through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. This is the code that everyone should live by, this universe is too cruel to find peace. The lies of peace bring weakness, weakness that gets exploited . . . Passion is what keeps all that we care about safe, passion fuels people to keep moving on."

She turns on the vibro blade on the force pike, sparks flickering from the tool as it swapped off stun to lethal.

"So tell me Jedi, if I have done nothing wrong, wouldn't the peaceful option be to let me pass? Or will the flaws of your precious code take effect? Will your passion urge you to cross blades with me?"

She glares at the Jedi with smug eyes, letting this Sith walk free endangers people.. But letting them walk free if they have done nothing wrong is also the peaceful option.

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla Iris Arani Iris Arani

smalldivdark.png
And now I know, but now I ask why you scream at me."

"Because I trusted you!" Her voice cracked "Because out of everyone I've met down here, I thought we understood one another"

"Because you work for the enemy!"

"Did you see footage on that machine you broke? Do you know what they did to my people?" She growled "Darth Carnifex began that tradition in his Death Camps. We were once billions, Samara! Now look at us? Look at what he did to us!"

It was hard, Even being told "breath" by the Jedi only aggravated her more. By all rights she should have just shot the Sith and moved on. But they were friends, right? Or was that also a lie. The chip was being strained, injecting her with so many chemicals, she should have been practically manic by now.

But it was only enough to stay her hand while Samara and Iris spoke.

But there she went again! Samara talking as she always had, making just enough sense to confuse the young Mandalorian as always. Why did this have to be so complicated? Why couldn't she just enjoy having her mother back and leave? Why couldn't she just live a normal life for even a few days?

Why was she still so tired...?

By the time Samara finished speaking, Tayl could only shake her head. She was so tired this. Tired of trying to sort right from wrong. Tired of her family being torn apart. Tired of having to play these games with everyone she met, tired of meticulously deciding who can and can't be trusted! Tired of... Everything!

Will your passion urge you to cross blades with me?"

"ENOUGH!" She shouted, taking a step between Samara and Iris out of her own protective nature, Kama billowing behind her in the artificial shockwave, one hand out between them and one on her blaster.

"This isn't about right or wrong anymore. This is about war Samara! The war he started. You don't get to argue morals in war, neither of you do!" She threw a glance at Iris over her shoulder, knowing full well that the Jedi had killed plenty of Mandalorians leading up to the Sith Empire's grand betrayal.

"In war, the only thing you get to pick; Is Sides. You work for the Enemy. That's all this boils down to"

Worse, she lied to Tayl Vizsla. She betrayed her trust. A rare currency, now poorly spent.

"If you have any respect for me or my mother? If my trust and respect has ever truly meant anything to you? You'll tell me what you've taken. I know you took something. Why else would you destroy the machine?"
She gestured to the now melting data ports and monitors behind Samara.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Tayl."

The Mandalorian was right. The only thing people could choose in war was sides. The moment Sam's blade turned on, the moment the vibro edge lit up, she'd chosen hers. Iris's voice was firm, and yet, calm. She brought her blade from her hip, holding the smooth metal in one hand. She triggered the ignition. No sound erupted from it. No heat. The moment Carnifex had been mentioned, Iris had made her choice.

"She already picked her side."

"And so the supposed righteous shows their true colors, you would love to dig that blade into my flesh, wouldn't you Jedi?"

The screaming and anger from Tayl gave power to the young Sith, Samara's dark aura growing off their hate.

"I was born in the vats of Malsheem, only recently have I been sent out here for my first real mission. All I have ever known was his voice, whispers in my mind as I dreamed within my amber womb. I did not decide to be in this war, nor did I ever have a choice as to where I was born. I was made for this, I was made to a hand of his will. Even now I swear I can hear his voice, fragments of something among all this dead machinery. But I suppose if we are committing to my death even after I had supposedly done nothing wrong . . ."

The surrounding area started to become..Windy? There was an energy within the air, the both of them could feel the electronic pulses. Soon, sparks start to form around as the place was becoming an eye of the storm.

"Besides the footage, I had found information that your mother has. Apollyon went mad on a quest to break the veil, the living do not belong in such places.. Mm, I have taken this information to explain why she failed to report. Even though you can find the information elsewhere it seems you are rather dedicated to learn whatever it is I have, by all means be sure to rip it from my dead hands then."

Her dark, clawed hand raises. Soon a long tendril of red lightning shoots and arcs across the room, turning bigger as became empowered by the storm Samara created within the room. It strikes the chest of Tayl, the painful arcs of energy no doubt burning far worse than the stun setting on the force pike. Their purple flesh most likely boiling within the Beskar, normally lethal, yet due to being hit by just for a moment it was only enough to stun Tayl.. Albeit a painful stun that would leave horrid burn marks upon the flesh that would need expert treatment. While Tayl remained stunned for now, Samara quickly turns her attention to Iris, force pike raised.

"COME THEN JEDI! IF I MUST DIE TODAY THEN I WILL DIE A WARRIOR'S DEATH!"

Samara would use the force to throw half of the broken machine at Iris, it would miss and crash into the wall.

"TAKE YOUR BLADE JEDI! UNLEASH YOUR HATE FOR ME!"

The Sith agent became more and more furious as this went on, next attempting to force pull Iris's legs in order to imbalance them, Sam moving in quickly with her pike at the same time.

"Samara...! Don't do this!"

Even as the storm formed around them, she didn't draw. She couldn't draw. Even as she tilted her head to the side, As if somewhere in her mind she was already aiming down at the traitorous witch, She just couldn't.

Damn the force. Damn the sith. Damn Carnifex!

The bolt strikes her breastplate, temporarily stealing control away from the young Twi'lek as she slowly crumpled to the ground, Arms uncontrollably folding up against her chest, fingers curling in a stiff, clawing motion at her own armor as she wriggled stiffly against the durasteel floor...

The brief shock had stolen away her body. But not her mind. Not for long at least.

Maybe her armor wasn't resistant enough to protect her from lightning, but her neural-link implant was coated in duraplast based armor, among other things. And with that chip, all it took to command this armor, was thought alone.

"I have a lot of tricks I've learned. You don't survive war without some."

You're not the only one, Iris...!

Opening her now golden eyes, alight with a fiery anger inherited from both her mothers, The implant went to work.
Already she could see the results of her
Scan-pulse lighting up her HUD, using her sensor array to lock onto Samara even without establishing a direct line of sight. Even still writhing in pain, still pulsing with the occasional red spark that crackled through the air and her body, Tayl was sure to establish her target lock before using her mind to fire an anti-vehicle wrist rocket at Samara, while simultaneously brute forcing her jetpack's thrusters to send herself skittering out the door, exposing herself to only the most brief electric pulse from the storm on her way out.

By the time it stopped, Tayl would come to collide with a wall somewhere beyond, rolling onto her side and coughing in pain. But the rocket had already changed it's course, curving mid air before she had even left the room...

It was situations like this, that the chip was made for. To keep herself in her right mind, even when all else had fallen to chaos.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Tayl!"

Iris took a step, but the Mandalorian had already been struck. The Padawan's eyes narrowed as she turned her gaze back towards the Sith. Tayl was alive. In pain, but alive. The colors showed that much. They swirled still. Chaos, anger. Rage. She knew what was coming. She didn't move as the broken machinery soared by, instead narrowing her eyes in focus. Keeping calm. Keeping ready.

The colors darkened around her and she felt the pull. Rather than fight it, she leaned into it. Slid forward with the pull, only to pause just as she felt something else. A rocket? Her gaze flicked towards it. Even shot Tayl was still fighting, huh?

Must be that Mandalorian resolve.

Iris skited back, lifting her blade to catch the pike in a swift parry. And retreated back a couple steps to let the rocket do it's thing.

Samara's plan had fallen into place, Iris had advanced to try and parry. While this isn't what the young Sith expected.. It still provided her with a golden
opportunity, yet said opportunity would be ruined by the missile that was heading straight for her. She had to try and catch it, else things could get worse, heart black heart almost beats straight out of her chest as she just barely reacted in time to stop the projectile using the force. While she stopped the missile from getting a direct impact, she couldn't stop it from combusting. Her hand was well armored and fine, but shrapnel would shoot directly into her right eye, causing the Sith to scream out in anguish. The pain immense as her tainted blood started to leak down her face, dripping off her vampiric looking mask.

And as her pained screams bellowed out, the storm around them grew stronger. Tendrils of lightning now zapping against Iris, not enough to stun yet, but most definitely enough to burn in a horrid pain.

"RAHHHHHHHH!"

Samara screams in anger once again, stomping her boot against the floor hard enough to leave dents in the metal, she had entered a full blown rage.

"PRAISE BE TO THE DARK GOD! THROUGH STRIFE I GAIN STRENGTH!"

In a fit of bloodthirsty rage, Samara simply chucks the pike at the Jedi with all her might. Using the force to throw the thing at deadly speeds and velocity, after this she pulls out her saber and turns it on. Its blood red glow emanating around the storm that grew more furious as time went on, her rage surged on as she turned on the blade that was given to her by Tayl. Dual blades in hand they charge at the Jedi, crashing both blades against their guard again and again, utilizing the raw strength of juyo to try and tire out the Jedi. This combined with the storm would rip down defenses and stamina in no time, putting her opponent on a ticking timer unless they could do something about it. Thankfully for the Jedi, not only did her force rage make Samara less tactical in her swings, her wounded and most likely now blind eye made it harder for perfect strikes.

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla Iris Arani Iris Arani

smalldivdark.png

CONTENT WARNING:

4r2bPEr.gif

"Humnnnh!" Tayl sucked in what little oxygen her broken rebreather could supply, clawing at the edge of her helm like a beast caught in a trap. The occasional ✱pop✱ could still be heard as the inner electronics within her armor became overloaded. The smell of burning plastics, rubber, and cooked flesh traveled on the black smoke wafting her gauntlets and jetpack.

Finally she sat upright, albeit barely. Her armored shoulders, sending sharp pain throughout as the hot metal, still glowing a dull red in some places, was pushed deeper into her skin by the wall she braced against.

"Hugh!" Shakily, she pulled the heavy helmet from her head. Her once violet flesh, now turned varying shades of black, pink and red, peeled off her very face, clinging to the sizzling helmet like a cancerous growth, leaving only in pained strands like a spider's web being pulled from a wall, now made flesh, and exposing what little blood remained within her once flushed face as it bubbled, only to be morphed into hot steam. The liquidated snap of this long dead flesh was enough to curse the young Twi'lek's mind for this day forward. This moment would never. Ever. leave the poor girl's broken mind.
"Aaauuugh!"

And with a loud ✱clang✱ against the metallic floors, her helmet and symbol of her proud warrior race, falls. Discarded in an instinctual panic for little more than air.

Her chest, still sticking to the inside of her armor like molten sauce to a pot, heaved with labored breaths. Not enough air. Never enough air. Each breath was cut short by a new jolt of pain throughout her entire body, pulsating with each heartbeat as her very flesh was turned against her.

Any soldier would have simply retrieved their weapon and ended the pain in one fell swoop, assuming shock hadn't wrestled control from their hands, or done the job for them. But still, Tayl begrudgingly clung to life, despite regretting her decisions with each failing breath.

To her ears, it didn't even sound humanoid anymore. She was more akin to meat, clinging to a decaying tube for oxygen. It was like listening to the tormented moans of a ghost. By all rights, she was! There wasn't a single doubt in her mind that she was meant to die before she had even hit the floor. So why did life still cling to her singed bones?

Her entire head rang with that hot sting, down to the very muscle in her jaws, now exposed to air that should have been cool to the senses on any normal day. But it wasn't only her marred face, oh no. Even with her enraged, Golden eyes shut tight, refusing to take in any mental information but that needed to breath, she could tell that her entire body had suffered this fate.

Perhaps it was some small mercy then, that the nerves in her foot had been so far damaged, that she couldn't even tell if it were still attached.

But perhaps fate had one final, small mercy to give this poor young girl from Kamino. The voice of fate spoke so clearly in her mind. Not some conjuration of the force or malicious witch, but the very voice Tayl had been suppressing through cybernetics all these years.
The voice of her own, independent, subconscious. That dark thing which had always sought to drag her down into the abyss of her own fears. Yes, that was it. She could finally admit it to herself. She was afraid. She had always been afraid.
From
the moment she left the cloning vats to the aftermath of her very first battle. From her zealous purge of the undead on Roon beside her battle-sister, Venari Krayt Venari Krayt , to mere hours ago, seeing her war-weary and mind-broken mother for the first time in many years. Behind her clone-trooper augments and silly cybernetics, She had always been that scarred little girl.

Was this really all her life amounted to?

With each labored breath, each short and desperate intake of air that was only just enough to prolong the inevitable for a fraction of a second more, she could feel the soreness in her burning chest. The way those overworking lungs felt just a little weaker every time.

The end was near.

Finally, she could see the oceans of Kamino once again. To bathe in the soothing rain on that dimly lit planet. And perhaps, one day, reunite with her mother for the last time.

She would finally learn to play that strange little guitar Aloy carried around the house. She would finally smile down on that little violet girl, finally proud. Her daughter, trained from birth by Clan Alors from all across the galaxy to be the Supercommando that Aloy Vizsla always wanted, will have died a warrior's death at the hands of their enemies.

Perhaps she would see Dima Vizsla again, and swap tales of glory and honor over a flask of Netra'gal. Or maybe even Shot Sutaz could finally teach her about those infernal computers the young twi'lek always struggled with. She would finally see Eliz Krayt again, and learn what became of him after the Maw destroyed Csilla.

Perhaps she could even forgive the Jedi, Iris Arani, for beginning this very battle. She could tell her all the things she had been wanting to since they met some time ago.

All of this and more,
Within the
NETHERWORLD.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Tayl wasn't okay.

The colors around her were dimming. She was dying? Iris said nothing in the face of the screaming Sith. Her blade lifted, it's hungry edge absorbing the lightning on contact. It couldn't redirect, but it didn't take focus. Time wasn't on her side. Not if she wanted to help Tayl. The pike came and Iris dipped underneath it. brought her blade up to angle it away just as Sam charged forth in her anger.

She dipped, weaved, parried. Sam's strength was undeniable, but Iris had no problem using the fact she was blinded in one eye to her advantage. And the rage, her unfocused strikes. It was enough for her to weave between them. A snap hiss erupted from her off hand as the pink blade of her second saber ignited. Parry one blade to the side, dip under the other. Press the hilt towards the outstretched arm just between the gaps of the armor.

Ignite the flat blade.

She just wanted to be home, even then it wasn't like the place she considered home was any warm place. It was a filled with hearts just as cold as the basic metallic interior that she was dumped on, as unwelcoming as it was.. It was still home. This was supposed to be simple, collect the data and leave, and now she had failed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAA! NO! NONONONONO!"

Almost her whole dominant arm had be sliced off in one precise slice
, her deepest fear occured right before her very eyes. Samara's tempest faded away as she fell to the floor, screaming in pain and anguish like a banshee. She could hardly believe it . . . She lost, so close to victory yet she lost. The confused Sith apprentice had both tears and blood run down their face as she grabbed onto her now cut off arm, Samara couldn't understand what just happened, rage became a deep confusion, from red to a gloomy dark blue.

"I just wanted to go home......Now I have no home, I have failed the simple task I was given, lord forgive me.."

The arm is quickly dropped to the side, the now crying emotional mess that was Samara clambered for her saber. The blade is ignited one last time, her shaky hand that still remained started to move the blade closer to her own neck.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The arm normally would've been enough. But watching the colors.. Iris frowned as she saw the lethal intent. And the desire to end her own life. Because of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , no doubt. Her other blade snapped around in a quick slice for the woman's neck before she could. No pain, no hurt. Just sleep. It wouldn't help with the nightmares her god would probably subject her to.

But it was better than death.

And then it was right over to Tayl's side. The pink saber popped open as she brought the gem out, setting it right against Tayl's forehead. Her eyes narrowed in focus as she pulled at those colors. The ones that were fading. Forcing them to brighten. Dimming her own in the process. No death, not today. Not anymore. "C'mon.. Wake up Tayl."

The blade falls to the ground, turning off as Samra is knocked out from the stun. Her mind now dreams once again like she had done before within the amber womb, inside all she could ask was "why?", not only asking why didn't they kill her, but also asking fate why it made her fail. The events of what just happened were all spinning in her head like a nightmare, like she was stuck on the web now. Wanting to cry her eyes out, and within the dark void, the young woman did. Cries of desperation and sadness echoed solely within her mind, trapped in the nightmarish void with Samara. This fear of weakness dug deep, like carnivorous claws straight into her flesh.

Tayl was most certainly awake. Chest rising and falling without rhythm, and without reward. She could not truly speak to the Jedi, only moan in anguish through the dried, cracked tubes feeding the desperately needed and now wasted air into her decayed chest.

"I...rr-iiss" Her voice was unrecognizably feint. Just a dry hiss on the wind, like a dusty corpse roused from a Sith tomb long after it's passing, long after it's name too was little more than sand at the bottom of the great runestone that was history.
But have I not left a little legacy of my own?

Even behind that golden glare in her bloodshot eyes, which stung with each pained blink, each closing of her scorched and crisp flesh, perhaps Iris, being the only other thing on this accursed planet that could feel what Tayl did now, could see the small glimmer of hope, hiding just beyond the veil of fear.

Be proud of me, Mother. Mama. I finally did it. I can go peacefully now.

Shakily, she reached out with one hand, grasping the Jedi's gently. The synthetic leather was split or melted into her own blackened flesh by now, yet still her grip was soft. Not a desperate grasp, not a weak grasp, in despite of her condition.
It was meant to comfort. As much for herself as it was for Iris.

Thank you. For staying by my side, even now.

And Samara... please forgive me. I never wanted this for either of us,
She thought to herself, looking just over the Jedi's shoulder to the room where Samara lay, fallen in battle perhaps. Whether she yet lived, or if they would be reunited in the next life, Tayl did not know. It broke her even her stoic little heart, but she could only regret what had already been done for so long.

Unbeknownst to that content little girl, regardless of the searing pain that pulsated across the surface of her entire, pink and charred body, her condition was improving. If only barely.

Bathed in that warm, pink glow, the pain was steadily fading. Not leaving, no. But fading. Ironic that a young woman who had been taught to slay the witch and to hate the sorcerous, was now being saved by the very Force she had been warned never to trust. Perhaps, even to fear.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Just breath. I know it hurts."

Well, no. It probably didn't. Some of the burns at least. That was the scary part about them. When they got too bad, there was nothing left to feel. Little by little she brought flesh back from that point. Brought feeling back, soothed pain. Fixed what had been broken. She'd never be able to fully heal her, but bring her back from death's edge? That the Padawan could do.

When that point was reached, she let out a breath. Picked up her com. The first she called was Domxite to bring down her own ship close by. For Samara. It wasn't hard to piece together that her connection to Carnifex and what she'd done to Tayl would only get her killed. Tucked away in her ship she turned her attention to calling Tan'yill Vizsla Tan'yill Vizsla . Tayl's mother.

:: Tayl's hurt. Stable, but needs medical attention. There was a Sith trap. Come quick. ::

Then, she let out an exhausted breath. A half stumble. The gem made it easier, but it still took parts of her to just heal others. She sat back down beside Tayl, again applying the crystal to her forehead to keep soothing her as much as she could. Domxite would watch Sam for her, for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom