Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Masters: Your Favorite Unorthodox Lightsided Powers?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Force is not a DnD styled spell's list but rather an energy field that our characters manipulate with their connection to it. Okay. Okay. Now, that said. Let's get down to business.

I've got a question for all my other Lightsided Masters out there,

Q: What are some of your favorite unorthodox and you-original Force abilities and applications?

As. After spending too much time with the Holocron of Obi-won Kenobi, I'm trying to think of some new Force abilities to teach my main. :D :p

No lightsider, but my Favorite Unorthodox application is TK plus environment. I feel like people often forget that you can do more that push people and stuff around.

FIght in a desert? Create a sand cloud to blind your enemies and distract them. Fight a cloaked enemy in a snowy area? Throw snow at him to reveal his position. The list goes on and on. I think using common skills in more creative ways is superior to having a ton of special and unique skills (not that they aren't awesome lol.)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Valiens Nantaris said:
My Jedi [member="Phylis Alince"] uses Alkahest which is Light Alchemy. That's pretty unorthodox!
Oh snap. That's right. Even after all these years, I've never made a single trinket. Huh. I should get on that. Perfect! :D

Damien Daemon said:
Tell some people that LOL
I know right. Pfft. But then again, I blame the Lightside for not having it's own very-signature, very-awesome directed energy attack. Silly canon(s). :p

Thurion Heavenshield said:
Wall of Light.

Thurion and Coci have performed it together a couple times, and seeing how Thurion does not kill sentient life-forms it's the perfect tool for him to neutralise hostile Force-users. Still, it's extremely taxing on any Jedi to perform, so it has only been done sparingly as a last resort.
That might be worth looking into. I knew such a thing existed but I didn't know it had a name too. Fascinating. :)

Darth Ferox said:
Eat the impossible.

I use it to completely negate any sort of power because I'm awesome.

Oh wait, I'm a Sith Lord. I cant do that.
Pfft. I learned that power as a Godawan. Too easy. :p

Darth Abyss said:
...TK plus environment.
Roofdroppers and Thronebreakers. Am I right? Or, am I right. :p

Matreya

Well, technically via the games, there is. Its called Ray. Through manipulation of energy, the user conjures a beam of energy. It had its own Wookiees page as well, but it was taken down. When I contacted them to ask why, they stated it held to little information.

Basically imagine dragon ball z in star wars. That's ray.

Might not be up your alley, but I specialized Mara in Force crystals, gemstones, all that stuff. Combining their canon powers in odd ways, breaking them down into derivatives, etc. It's sort of research-intensive, but can be pretty entertaining.

Instinctive Astrogation Control. I can even write a blog post about it and what makes it a task so difficult that Jedi are prone to potentially deadly mistakes.

Force-comprehension provides some of the benefits of IAC (namely the intellectual boost IAC provides) and is a padawan-level power, although it is completely ineffectual on my active light-siders.

I used Electric Judgment on both my active light-siders to weld, recharge weapons or defibrillate patients (Ugohr is inactive), and pyro/cryokinesis for cooking (also, in pyrokinesis' case, for welding as well).

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Damien Daemon said:
Well, technically via the games, there is.
Ugh. Those darn vi'ja games. Always messing with my movie canon. Poo'y. :p

Jessica Med-Beq said:
I used Electric Judgment on both my active light-siders to weld, recharge weapons or defibrillate patients
I snickered. Force Defib. Haha. Classic. Much love. :D

Mara D'Lessio Merrill said:
Combining their canon powers in odd ways, breaking them down into derivatives, etc. It's sort of research-intensive, but can be pretty entertaining.
Strange question then. Does Vong tech work in this same way? I mean. I sorta figured that with their Force connection restored in the EU, their organics were free game to similar effects and synthesis. Maybe?

Jay Scott Clark said:
Strange question then. Does Vong tech work in this same way? I mean. I sorta figured that with their Force connection restored in the EU, their organics were free game to similar effects and synthesis. Maybe?
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

*shrug* I couldn't tell ya. Makes sense to me.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

It's fine.

LunaLovegood_WB_F6_LunaLovegoodInQuibblerSpecsOnHogwartsExpress_Still_080615_Port.jpg

I suspect Nargles anyway. :p

I think Force Healing that magically takes away the pain is boring.

Kana takes on the pain to let others be at ease instead. No gunshot wounds opening on her shoulder or similar as much as the pain of her patient becoming her own to bite her tongue over for a brief moment of time. Kind of like if someone held something warm and itchy to her skin where the patient felt the pain.

Now let me raise my special snowflake flag, sir.

Tiland uses Force Weapon since he doesn't carry a lightsaber. It imbues his staff with the Force so it can block lightsabers and possibly blaster bolts, as well as stand up to intense impacts. Really don't use any unorthodox things on any of my people.

Kana Truden said:
I think Force Healing that magically takes away the pain is boring.

Kana takes on the pain to let others be at ease instead. No gunshot wounds opening on her shoulder or similar as much as the pain of her patient becoming her own to bite her tongue over for a brief moment of time. Kind of like if someone held something warm and itchy to her skin where the patient felt the pain.

Now let me raise my special snowflake flag, sir.
That's what happens when a dark-sider uses Force-healing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom